• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Musical Interests

Still a metalhead here...have been since I was 15, started with deathmetal, later I was heavily into blackmetal.These days, I still love these genres, but actually care more for their musicianship than I did before.I also love 'classic' rock music, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, etc...basically anything with guitars is fine with me.

I don't know if I should practice more or give up after watching this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Wow.. Amazing..

Music: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Neil Young.
Instruments: Gibson Les Paul Custom (black), Martin Acoustic (JC16ME Aura), Marshall JVM 100W Amp.
Personal highlight moment: Meeting Bruce Springsteen with his first wife in the Ground Round restaurant off of I-95 in New Haven, CT when my parents drove me back to school during my sophomore year in college (1987). My parents had no idea who he was.

I agree with Richard Thompson's agreement with Pat Metheny. Kenny G sucks.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just found this lot and though this is not my normal choice of music generically that is,
I just love this track.

Some of their other videos are kinda spooky but well worth a watch too.

Peace,

Mark

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Sorry cant help myself here's another beautiful bitter sweet moment from Robert Wyatt.

Mark

Put some of this your pipe. It'll make you feel good.

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's a Hendrix cover with a goat-skin/reed thingy. I like it a lot.

Coming into this thread late, but here's the current instrument inventory:

guitars:
'65 Fender Jazzmaster
'67 Vox Cheetah
'75 Fender Telecaster
'95 (or so) Fender Stratocaster (main gigging guitar, heavily modified with different switching and '69-era pickups)
'02 Fender Stratocaster XII
unknown brand electric bouzouki from the mid-60s

keyboards;
Vox Super Continental
Farfisa Compact
Roland JV-30

amps:
'62 Ampeg Reverb-O-Rocket II
silverface Fender Pro Reverb of unknown vintage
Vox AC-30 (Korg reissue from mid-90s)
Roland JC-120

I'm primarily a guitarist right now and when we were recording last, I had everything out and took a family picture. I also have a ton of effect pedals of various vintages and types. My pedal board changes often (if not weekly), but here's sort of the rough idea of how it's set up.

Anyway, if you want to hear how it all sounds here's my band's web site (we've got an EP up on iTunes and Amazon)

Here's a Hendrix cover with a goat-skin/reed thingy. I like it a lot.

<OBJECT width="425" height="344"><EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=
allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED></OBJECT>

Having listened to this guy a few times now I have to say, like you skunkape I like it a lot too.

Seeing this reminded me of what Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke) had to say on an old documentary on Hendrix.

Aint that the beauty of music, being able to transcend language like that.

OK slow shuffle now, and a 1, and a 2, and a 3, and Obama Osama, Obama Osama, Obama Osama, etc. Silly I know but it kinda takes the edge of life :)

Mark

I love these music video's because they are so well done and inspiring.
A true tribute to the late great Carl Sagan and other giants in the field of progress , they must have taken a long time to create, not my usual taste but still beautiful in a way.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

This guy rocks a 19 fret per-octave guitar. I think Zappa would have approved.

Wikimedia Error

This guy rocks a 19 fret per-octave guitar. I think Zappa would have approved.

<OBJECT width="425" height="344"><EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=
allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED></OBJECT>

Wikimedia Error

"Well slap some paint on my fencepost"

Sounds like something Matt Deacon and me might churn out.

Brilliant,

Mark

I never seen anyone burn up an ocarina like this!

When I was a kid, Soul Train used to come on after 'Land of the Lost' and 'H.R. Puffenstuff' early on Saturday mornings. My parents hated the fact that I liked it...this was southern Texas in the 70's...that wasn't the kind of music white people were supposed to like.

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back