• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Most Annoying Person in the Field

Who Sucks the Most?

• Dr. Bruce Goldberg

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • David Sereda

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Dr. Chicky Greer

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Billy "the liar" Meier

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Jim Sparks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Bud Dickman

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Michael Horn

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • David Biedny

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • John Lear

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Robby "The Robot" Simone

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Noory's Big Black Moustache

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Jim Moseley

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
I think one of the biggest reasons you see a state income tax in some states is the statutory limitation of property taxes. Here in Houston, there is no state income tax and no property tax limitation. There is a comparatively low sales tax and generally affordable real estate. What that means in real terms is that many neighborhoods see dramatic increases in land value and fixed-income people can't pay their property taxes. It's called by the tongue-in-cheek term "gentrification by taxation." In some extreme cases people have been forced out of houses for which they paid off the mortgage twenty years ago or more. I am aware of several such instances in several areas of the city. Free-market-at-all-costs devotees like to point out that the dirt value way exceeds the value of the house, and those people will make a ton of money when they sell. Of course, what it really means is that elderly retired people have to go through the difficult process of selling and moving and trying to find somewhere else to live at today's prices and for most of them the "profit" on paper is nowhere near worth the dislocation. It's almost enough to make you want a state income tax or something.

Ah, Texas...the Tea Party's dream of a perfect America! Seriously, do people take this into consideration when they buy or build a home? If it was me, I'd find a house in an unincorporated area with few services (out in the boondocks) where no one would hopefully want to "develop" the area and turn it into another yuppie-town. The way things are going, will the USA eventually become a country of renters?

Hi Beyondthestargate, I'd like to throw my '2 cents' in, to your political direction. I am 'right wing' on some things such as abortion, and, I utterly DESPISE political correctness, placing sensitivity to diversity --before-- common sense. (This is based on numerous bad personal experiences I had)Otherwise, I loath and fear the Republican right wing and their fascist hybrids such as the teabaggers and the Ayan Rand Libertarians. All of those rolled into one, spell only one thing to me, and that is, The Fourth Reich. Have you ever listened to the nationally syndicated radio talk show host Michael Savage? Every now and then, he will brainwash-remind his open-breathing-mouthed listeners that President Obama's health care reform desires, are AKIN to Pol Pot and his mountain of skulls, in Cambodia. There are thousands of people in this country who listen to talk radio like that every night ( as it dominates, no, owns,---the AM radio airwaves) and those listeners not only take that kind of stuff to heart, but they take it to the voting booths. I never hear enough discussed in public venues such as NPR, about how DANGEROUS and INFLUENTIAL and POWERFUL the monopoly of fanatical fundamentalist ultra far right wing fascist extreme Talk Radio is.
Over a 15 year period after I left the service, I was becoming so sensory sensitive, that I would not hold on to work and domeciles or relationships. I walked away from family (went 'missing') into homelessness for 5 years. I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh often ridicule homeless. I would listen to Savage refer to "bums". One night, while I was sleeping in a special deep cold weather sleep bag, out in 25 degrees, I was thinking, "Those guys have no idea, that I Myself have NEVER been into drugs, NEVER been alchoholic, NEVER been arrested or been in dept, or any other trouble, ever since my big Ufo embroilment with the spooks, in the service".
By the way, have you all noticed how elitist famous Ufologists are? They are snobbish, like they think they are royalty. It appears to me, anyway.

Hi Beyondthestargate, I'd like to throw my '2 cents' in, to your political direction. I am 'right wing' on some things such as abortion, and, I utterly DESPISE political correctness, placing sensitivity to diversity --before-- common sense. (This is based on numerous bad personal experiences I had)Otherwise, I loath and fear the Republican right wing and their fascist hybrids such as the teabaggers and the Ayan Rand Libertarians. All of those rolled into one, spell only one thing to me, and that is, The Fourth Reich. Have you ever listened to the nationally syndicated radio talk show host Michael Savage? Every now and then, he will brainwash-remind his open-breathing-mouthed listeners that President Obama's health care reform desires, are AKIN to Pol Pot and his mountain of skulls, in Cambodia. There are thousands of people in this country who listen to talk radio like that every night ( as it dominates, no, owns,---the AM radio airwaves) and those listeners not only take that kind of stuff to heart, but they take it to the voting booths. I never hear enough discussed in public venues such as NPR, about how DANGEROUS and INFLUENTIAL and POWERFUL the monopoly of fanatical fundamentalist ultra far right wing fascist extreme Talk Radio is.
Over a 15 year period after I left the service, I was becoming so sensory sensitive, that I would not hold on to work and domeciles or relationships. I walked away from family (went 'missing') into homelessness for 5 years. I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh often ridicule homeless. I would listen to Savage refer to "bums". One night, while I was sleeping in a special deep cold weather sleep bag, out in 25 degrees, I was thinking, "Those guys have no idea, that I Myself have NEVER been into drugs, NEVER been alchoholic, NEVER been arrested or been in dept, or any other trouble, ever since my big Ufo embroilment with the spooks, in the service".
By the way, have you all noticed how elitist famous Ufologists are? They are snobbish, like they think they are royalty. It appears to me, anyway.

Thank you for sharing your views and your personal history. Your personal story is very moving to me, even if these words seem pretty brittle and dumb in expressing that reaction.

I also fear a facist dictatorship in the USA, and it won't be from Obama but from the right wing. And I fear its symbol will be the traditional Christian cross, only because the right wing has sucked up this ancient symbol of forgiveness and redemption and turned it into a judgmental narrowminded symbol of fear and hate. As a childhood hymn put it "Onward Christian soldiers, marching off to war, with the cross of Jesus going on afore" (something inane like that). When I was a kid, I always pictured Christian GI-Joe's mowing down godless commies.

Bottomline is that the good common people of this country are being punked (Hey, I used the new slang word for being fooled). Michael Savage comes from my home town of 35 years: San Francisco, the so-called liberal mecca. "Hate" radio was just catching on, and a progressive provincial home-based radio station was bought out by Clear Channel and became a voice of intolerance and hate. This resonated with the lower instincts of a large listener base who could no longer afford to own, much less rent, a home in San Francisco (a city predominantly of the very rich and the very poor). People like being told that their basic prejudices and hatred is GOOD.

It is all about power, and elites are using the common folk to secure their power. The elites aren't Republican or Democrat, but use both parties, although I think the Republicans are much more vicious and will do ANYTHING while the Democrats play the role of the powerless wimp. Keep the common people divided and fighting over silly issues while the rich tighten their hold.

I'm a progressive person although abortion bothers me a great deal, so that is in my personal ethical grey basket. As a man, I just feel a little funny commenting on it, since I think women should have the major role in discussing and defining this issue. I'm a little wary and sensitive of even discussing women's issues. The last time I was in San Francisco I made the innocent mistake of holding the door open in a restaurant for a woman I didn't know. She snarled at me "I can open my own f**king door!" Yikes! Excuse me, lady! So I play hands off on issues like abortion.

Now I live in Arizona (a forced move due to losing my job and not being able to afford living in California anymore). Arizona is the reddest of the red states in my opinion. The politicians put up billboards boasting about how reactionary and regressive they are. "Vote for me, I am a neanderthal and I drag my hands on the ground while munching on the bones of anyone who wants to change ANYTHING in the USA except in a backward direction".

Moving here was like going through a time machine portal and going back in time 30-40 years. Last night on the local news there was a report about Senator Bunning's filibuster blocking unemployment benefits for another 30 days. The story failed to mention that he was Republican! The story concluded by saying that "Republicans are working to resolve this situation". Never once did this NBC local news program mention that a Republican was responsible for the problem. I see this kind of distortion in even the local news here all the time. Living here has been really rough for a progressive person.

This is a right-to-work state. That's a euphemism for "right to screw workers" state. Of course, that's happening in every state as our manufacturing base is outsourced and now white collar jobs are being outsourced. If I had a son around 19 years old, I'd advise him to become something they cannot outsource, like an electrician or plumber, or some hands-on work in the medical field.

Of course, this state does include Sedona, which is the New Age's answer to Exopolitics. In fact, I think the 2 are merging. But that is just one zany enclave, and I don't relate to anything either say.

Well, again this is not the intent of this forum and I am surprised we've gotten away with this type of talk without it becoming a hysterical frenzy of debate. I never gave much thought to this question: are people interested in ufology, are abductees and experiencers more likely to be compassionate and kind, i.e., more progressive in outlook? Interesting question - I have no idea. However, I do know that a hell of a lot of folks here in Phoenix that I've talked to about the topic shut me down with the proclamation "There are no aliens! They are demons in disguise! This is part of the End Times Delusion, like Obama!". Case closed. OK, fine.

P.S. I've never met a professional ufologist except John Mack. He was a very kindly gentle man, very open and.....again the word "gentle" comes to mind. I'm sure there's lots of prima-donna's in the field though. I go to the Unity Church and volunteer there. They often book some motivational speaker like Wayne Dyer to speak. Yeah, some of these people are very much in love with themselves.

And stargate, RightWingers -really- -want- to take the US back to those bad old days of the Robber Barrons and child labor, among other horrors from that time. I hate that some 'woman' was hateful to you, just because you were trying to be courteous. I'm one of those ladies who doesn't care for my own gender ---in general---. I find that human females are often much less smart than men, and much less interesting too. And far more insecure. (I used to fit those descriptions too, myself). During my stay in a VA Hospital, with mostly men, at least two, that I can remember, said to me at seperate times, "Wow, your funny. It's RARE to meet a ---woman--- who's funny." I found that particular sociological observation/experience utterly fascinating. Then when one tries to be 'funny', they giggle like an airhead, thinking, (mostly unconsciously though) "this will make me amusing, I think." Yeah I'm not a mindreader, but I just know----am correct. (Plus, I used to do that, to). If I was a strait guy, I'd stay single.
One thing I disagree with my fellow progressives about, is attributing Christianity to the Republican rightwingnuts. But like you described, the "Onward Christian Soldiers" idea, has been adopted by certain Republican elements, just like Islamic suicide-bomber extremism, to all Muslims. Jesus would NEVER NEVER EVER agree with Ayan Rand or Dick Cheney. And Jesus has NOTHING to do with 'Skull And Bones'. Which is dark and Luciferian-like.
It would be interesting to poll as to where the Ufo contacted stand.

And stargate, RightWingers -really- -want- to take the US back to those bad old days of the Robber Barrons and child labor, among other horrors from that time. I hate that some 'woman' was hateful to you, just because you were trying to be courteous. I'm one of those ladies who doesn't care for my own gender ---in general---. I find that human females are often much less smart than men, and much less interesting too. And far more insecure. (I used to fit those descriptions too, myself). During my stay in a VA Hospital, with mostly men, at least two, that I can remember, said to me at seperate times, "Wow, your funny. It's RARE to meet a ---woman--- who's funny." I found that particular sociological observation/experience utterly fascinating. Then when one tries to be 'funny', they giggle like an airhead, thinking, (mostly unconsciously though) "this will make me amusing, I think." Yeah I'm not a mindreader, but I just know----am correct. (Plus, I used to do that, to). If I was a strait guy, I'd stay single.
One thing I disagree with my fellow progressives about, is attributing Christianity to the Republican rightwingnuts. But like you described, the "Onward Christian Soldiers" idea, has been adopted by certain Republican elements, just like Islamic suicide-bomber extremism, to all Muslims. Jesus would NEVER NEVER EVER agree with Ayan Rand or Dick Cheney. And Jesus has NOTHING to do with 'Skull And Bones'. Which is dark and Luciferian-like.
It would be interesting to poll as to where the Ufo contacted stand.

Do you feel like sharing your ufo connection? If not publicly but are willing privately, if you'd like to email me, I think you can do so by clicking on my name. I've had experiences too, although they don't make a very coherent long term story - just a bunch of wierd experiences. I realize I am a stranger and could be anyone (a CIA operative, an alien hybrid, a 14 year old teenage boy infested with zits and a nerdish lust for fantasy female aliens etc.). The truth is much less exciting and more mundane, I'm afraid. I'm not sure I agree that human females are often less smart than men. Perhaps it depends on the age involved. Females mature faster than males, but then have to take on the culturally induced priorities of the gender. I refer to the teenage girl LOUD VOICE syndrome. You get a group of teenage girls together in a public place and they are literally shouting at each other, e.g., in a public mall. I asked a lady friend what that was all about and she said "Oh, they are trying to attract boys, so they make a lot of noise."

Great! Not only will I have conservatives hating me in this forum but now people will say I am sexist. I'm only reporting experiences I've had. I'm not claiming that women naturally have louder voices than men, only that the mating game begins in the teen years and produces some amusing scenarios. I say this as a gay guy (oops! Now I'm really going to get it).

Hi stargate, Oh boy, don't ask me to share my Ufo stories! It is a several-hundred page book, not yet written. There's just too much to tell. A good place to hear, at least, my military experience, is at www.darkmattersradio.com Week Five, if you can figure out how to listen to that show. ( I have been wanting to myself, but have not yet got around to navigating such, yet). Or there is another interview Don Ecker did with me, (back in 1993) in his DarkMatters section right here in Paracast forum, (the link to listen to that particular interview). (Merely look for my name).

The battle is essentially over. The corporations have won. Within 10 years, the U.S. will look more and more like a third-world country. There's no stopping it - witness the recent Supreme Court sellout to the the "corporate citizen".

I'm really just fed up. with. absolutely. everything.

Sorry to vent. My heart goes out to you & your family.

dB

The battle yes but not the war. Don't forget there was a civil war over slavery.

The current 'quiet' one is a fundamental one dealing with the definition of your republic. I don't think your founding fathers ever intended to create a conservative christian nation (actually most were happy to escape the religious oppression of the old world).

I see a deepening chasm between conservative (fundamental christian) and liberal progressive values. As time goes by and technology evolves your country will become un-manageable and you will have to split up. The rainbow from young-earth bat-shit creationists to stem-cell advocates is unsustainable :D .

The political system shifts from secular to religious bias every 4 to 8 years gives large corporations enough leverage to pick your bones clean (divide and conquer). This gives a huge advantage to the rest of the post-industrial world where secularity is primed. (BTW... Canada is heading your way with Steven Harper)

IMHO, you'll lose your nation if Republicans become church (ie. Sarah Palin) and Democrats become state.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35702481/ns/politics-washington_post/
g-cvr-100304-DNC-o&#.jpg

GOP portrays Dems as evil Scooby, Cruella

Regarding number 2: The UFO field has become obsessed with the view that "aliens" now come from alternative dimensions rather than another planet in our dimension.

I hadn't noticed that trend at all.

Otherwise, good and interesting analysis with new material on Strieber I didn't know. Not that I agree with all you said.

I hadn't noticed that trend at all.

I agree, in fact I'd say the trend has been veering sharply the other way since the early '90s, as the ETH rides rough-shod over any and all attempts at creative, out-of-the-box thinking. We have witnessed the cementing of the "extraterrestrial alien" as the overarching meme to explain UFOs and IMO this fact is extremely unfortunate. Leave it to the media to tell you what and how to think. Culture IS NOT the friend of truth in ufology!

I agree, in fact I'd say the trend has been veering sharply the other way since the early '90s, as the ETH rides rough-shod over any and all attempts at creative, out-of-the-box thinking. We have witnessed the cementing of the "extraterrestrial alien" as the overarching meme to explain UFOs and IMO this fact is extremely unfortunate. Leave it to the media to tell you what and how to think. Culture IS NOT the friend of truth in ufology!

It hasn't seemed that way to me. With the media, yes. To them it's extraterrestrials or it's nothing. But with enthusiasts paranormal, multidimesional, spiritual, etc., interpretations seem to be more popular than ever. I wonder sometimes if it doesn't have something to do with the mind. Poltergeists seem especially interesting because with those investigators have sometimes been able to link things to someone in the house. I wonder if it can't go even further than that, beyond simple noises and things being knocked over.

If I remember correctly Jerome Clark considers these alternative explanations to be a cop-out. I can see where he's coming from, explaining an unknown with an unknown. After 60+ years of trying to catch an ET and not being able to I can understand how people might get frustrated and start reaching out for other explanations that might not make a tremendous amount of sense. But at the same time this subject is so thoroughly bizarre that aliens from space can seem like too simple of an answer. I think the strongest argument against the ETH is simply that nobody has been able to prove it for so long. It seems incomprehensible that something flesh and blood could interact with us for so long and leave no damning traces behind. But then again, if they can manipulate time than all bets are off. It seems to me that being able to escape the constraints of time would make one deity-like. You could do anything and get away with it. If ya' get busted just go back and fix it.

It hasn't seemed that way to me. With the media, yes. To them it's extraterrestrials or it's nothing. But with enthusiasts paranormal, multidimesional, spiritual, etc., interpretations seem to be more popular than ever. I wonder sometimes if it doesn't have something to do with the mind...If I remember correctly Jerome Clark considers these alternative explanations to be a cop-out. I can see where he's coming from, explaining an unknown with an unknown. After 60+ years of trying to catch an ET and not being able to I can understand how people might get frustrated and start reaching out for other explanations that might not make a tremendous amount of sense. But at the same time this subject is so thoroughly bizarre that aliens from space can seem like too simple of an answer. I think the strongest argument against the ETH is simply that nobody has been able to prove it for so long. It seems incomprehensible that something flesh and blood could interact with us for so long and leave no damning traces behind. But then again, if they can manipulate time than all bets are off. It seems to me that being able to escape the constraints of time would make one deity-like. You could do anything and get away with it. If ya' get busted just go back and fix it.

I don't think even "enthusiasts" as you call them are ready to look for alternate explanations. Maybe the new-agey ones that want to latch on to anything that sounds vaguely like science or at least mainstream thought that appears to support their cherished mystical beliefs. Not that some of the beliefs aren't based in something knowable by reasoned study.

The ETH isn't a "cop out?" Oh come on. I guess Clark figures that explaining an unknown with a sort-of-known-and sounds-good is better. I don't think so.

"Time control" would be deity-like compared to us. Also, I don't subscribe completely to the linear time model. I sort of think of these proposed deity-like entities as unhooked from linear time and causality. This would go towards an understanding of some of the strange reported effects and abilities of UFOs/ entities.

I don't think even "enthusiasts" as you call them are ready to look for alternate explanations. Maybe the new-agey ones that want to latch on to anything that sounds vaguely like science or at least mainstream thought that appears to support their cherished mystical beliefs. Not that some of the beliefs aren't based in something knowable by reasoned study.

The ETH isn't a "cop out?" Oh come on. I guess Clark figures that explaining an unknown with a sort-of-known-and sounds-good is better. I don't think so.

"Time control" would be deity-like compared to us. Also, I don't subscribe completely to the linear time model. I sort of think of these proposed deity-like entities as unhooked from linear time and causality. This would go towards an understanding some of the strange reported effects and abilities of UFOs/ entities.

Ok, OK, just saying I run into people on boards like this one who think it's something more complicated than ETs all the time. In fact, I seem to encounter more of those types than those subscribing to the ETH. Maybe it's just the places I'm visiting. I can't accept the notion that people refuse to look beyond the ETH because everyday I'm confronted with the majority of folks I run into doing just that. I'm open to all the different ideas. Could be aliens, could be time travelers, could be spiritual, could be extra-dimensional, could be paranormal, could be caused by some unknown process of the mind, a combination of a few of those things, etc. Beats me. It could even be that there's nothing to it and I've been delusional all these years. God knows I keep getting more skeptical with each passing year. But this last possibility seems nearly impossible to me.

And yeah, if they operate outside of time or can manipulate time or experience time in a different way or whatever it seems to me there is absolutely no way of proving them unless they want to be proven.

Wicker,

Didn't mean to sound combative. I think we experience different segments of the anomalies fanbase. You seek out the info that interests you, and I write, post online, and make public speaking appearances seemingly surrounded by the reigning ETH. In fact, when I give my "aliens aren't from other planets, maybe" talk, it seems to polarize the audience. The more inquisitive ones are open to speculation, while others will not consider other possibilities. The ETH is not necessarily wrong, just old and unproven. I say it's time to move on to other unproven stuff and see what crawls out when we lift up the unturned stones.

…But with enthusiasts paranormal, multidimesional, spiritual, etc., interpretations seem to be more popular than ever.
I wasn't referring to "enthusiasts," I was referring to the researcher/investigators out in the field.
I wonder sometimes if it doesn't have something to do with the mind.
My point exactly: it is virtually impossible to use consciousness to analyze and interpret phenomenal events that appear to manipulate consciousness.
If I remember correctly Jerome Clark considers these alternative explanations to be a cop-out.
So? What makes Jerry Clark's opinion more valid than yours or mine?
After 60+ years of trying to catch an ET and not being able to I can understand how people might get frustrated and start reaching out for other explanations that might not make a tremendous amount of sense…I think the strongest argument against the ETH is simply that nobody has been able to prove it for so long.
So, show me the data that supports the ETH! Show me one shred of evidence that proves "ETs" are piloting UFOs. You can't, therefore, my point is: we owe it to ourselves to broaden our perspective and create research that supplies us with the data we need to ascertain what it is that we are dealing with.
It seems incomprehensible that something flesh and blood could interact with us for so long and leave no damning traces behind. But then again, if they can manipulate time than all bets are off.
Oh, I get it: if the ETs are god-like time travelers then they are omnipotent and above all other theories... That seems to be just another Jerry Clark cop-out like you mentioned before. You don't want your cake, but you are ready to eat it anyway(?) If I'm confused, what does that make you?

I wasn't referring to "enthusiasts," I was referring to the researcher/investigators out in the field.
My point exactly: it is virtually impossible to use consciousness to analyze and interpret phenomenal events that appear to manipulate consciousness.
So? What makes Jerry Clark's opinion more valid than yours or mine?
So, show me the data that supports the ETH! Show me one shred of evidence that proves "ETs" are piloting UFOs. You can't, therefore, my point is: we owe it to ourselves to broaden our perspective and create research that supplies us with the data we need to ascertain what it is that we are dealing with.
Oh, I get it: if the ETs are god-like time travelers then they are omnipotent and above all other theories... That seems to be just another Jerry Clark cop-out like you mentioned before. You don't want your cake, but you are ready to eat it anyway(?) I'm confused.

Let's compare notes after class...

Chris, you're singing to the choir here. Perhaps I wrote that particular reply too fast because this is two times now that I've pissed someone off with it. I mentioned Jerome Clark's take on it not because I subscribe to it but because I find it interesting. I wonder if sometimes I'm not copping out by entertaining more exotic possibilities. My mind is open on this matter. I don't know what "they" are. All I know with any certainty is that they confuse the hell out of me.

And yeah, I probably shouldn't have used the word, enthusiasts. The term doesn't bother me but for a moment I forgot that it is offensive to some people.

All I know with any certainty is that they confuse the hell out of me.
Good point: That's why I came up with an applied "Trickster" theory and use creative thinking to look past the phenomena and identify the inter-relatedness that appears to tie together these divergent phenomena. In this way of thinking, if these phenomena present themselves as truly "other" and supply us with self-negating stimuli—designed to confuse and repel efforts at a simple definition—perhaps, instead of looking for answers, we should start from scratch and formulate more creative questions, and not resign ourselves to simple, convenient, feedback loop answers.

Well, to clarify about the time travel or time manipulation or whatever anyone wants to call it what I meant (And my lazy ass should have explained it better the first time.) is that if they are flesh and blood aliens something to do with time is the only explanation I've been able to come up with to explain how they could go 60+ years without being discovered. Now, there are probably better explanations than that but it's the best I've been able to do. But if they are something more exotic than ETs than there could be other reasons to explain the success of their concealment. But those other possibilities are so foreign to my understanding that I'm not sure how to even begin to theorize about them. But yeah, the time thing was basically just me thinking out loud in relation to the ETH. I personally, but maybe somebody else can, can't make sense of the ET angle without attaching that onto it.

f they are something more exotic than ETs than there could be other reasons to explain the success of their concealment. But those other possibilities are so foreign to my understanding that I'm not sure how to even begin to theorize about them.
My point exactly. One element that seems to be consistent is that the phenomena appears to produce a variable affect upon individual human consciousness. Before, during and after "the experience." I have investigated quite a number of multiple-witnessed events where there are basic nuts & bolts inconsistencies. Duration, sequence of events, emotional response etc, etc —all can vary wildly. It's obvious to me that this is not by accident, but by design. I suspect the same holds true even when we attempt to analyze the phenomena from our comfy armchairs i.e., one man's time-traveling ET is another man's anorexic cryptoterrestrial struggling to survive deep underground, or in the Marianas Trench, or in the Matrix, or whatever… If we ever hope to figure out what we need to figure out, it will be if we pool our grey-matter thinking collectively from The Land of Scratch and Sniff outside the box. My mentor friend Izzy constantly reminds me that it boils down to biology, uhh ours—not theirs.

Hey Greg! Let's brand a new field of study—we could call it: Ufolosophy C 2010 trickstertimes inc. all rights reserved *grin*

Back