• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

More Serious UFO Reporting

Like I said, I'm quite sure that -if someone checked - they'd find Courant has been a pilot for 40 years. That doesn't matter. Once you get people to start embracing normal, mainstream investigative technique they will be inclined to critically examine other con games and scams that are perpetrated on them.

I've been to the page . . . don't like the terms of service. ;)

yes; your response was that you refused to use it to look-up Courant
What part of "I checked the database" qualifies as "refusing to check".
For my part, I have acknowledged on four (now five) separate occasions that you - and all other participants in this thread - refuse to verify Courant's credentials through a free, easily accessible primary source (even though I have provided the means to do it) and prefer to rely exclusively on the newsletter of the Falun Gong cult posted in the OP, "Epoch Times."
What part about "I checked the database" qualifies as "refusing to verify Courant's credentials" [ via the FAA website ].
  • The Falun Gong cult - whose newsletter "Epoch Times" is the source of the Jim Courant claims - also claims that in heaven, all the races will be separated; that members of the cult are immune from cancer and that aliens built a 2 billion year old underground nuclear reactor hidden in Morocco. They are free to print anything they want - true or not - without penalty.
What's your point?
  • The FAA - whose online airman certification database "FAA Airman Certification Database" everyone refuses to access - is a U.S. government agency administered by Michael Huerta, previously New York Commissioner of Ports and Executive-Director of the Port of San Francisco. They are not free to post anything they want in their database, obfuscation of airman records carries with it mandatory revocation of civil service and pension status on the part of culpable officials - upon filing of a request by any citizen with the Merit Service Protection Board - and possible criminal penalties.
What part of "I checked the database" qualifies as "refusing to access [ the FAA Database ]".
No, I did not answer it and, no, I will not answer it. I consider this a fundamentally strange question - on par with previous, breathless demands made by other comments that I provide my name, address and social security number so I can be tracked down - and will not reply to it.
Asking why you're here and what you hope to accomplish doesn't require that you reveal your identity, but it might help to improve the conversation. If you want to root out scammers in ufology as per your stated interest in to quote: "a criminological and sociological perspective, as an enduring - though low-level and low-yield - confidence game targeting the socially and educationally disenfranchised." perhaps you could enlighten us with some examples you have already researched, or perhaps we can offer some information that might help.
This is in keeping with good netiquette that demands civil-minded comments in Internet threads proactively ignore questions designed to provoke confrontation or intended to move discussion "off-line" into the physical world.
Nothing about simply asking a person in a discussion why they're here and what they hope to accomplish qualifies as poor netiquette, and I've been entirely civil. On the other hand, your hand waving and a number of your comments could very easily be taken as rude and inflammatory. Continuing in that manner will only reinforce that impression and gain you the reputation of being a troll and a flamer. You are, of course, at liberty to continue behaving that way, and I will also continue to exercise the discretionary choice to point that out.

What part of "I checked the database" qualifies as "refusing to access [ the FAA Database ]".

Hi ufology!

It's the part where -

ufology said:
I checked out the link you mentioned. I also checked out the database. It would seem that verifying who this person is will take more than a few minutes on the FAA website.

If you changed your mind, and decided you can begin this journey out of the darkness, please post what you found out when you looked-up Courant's name and if the information it provided corresponds to the claims of the newsletter of the Falun Gong flying saucer cult that the OP posted as "serious UFO reporting." That's a key component of the de-programming process. Thanks, and a warm congratulations on taking the first step into reconnecting with society! It takes a lot of courage and it's not easy but I'm confident you'll be able to live a healthier, happier and more productive life in the world of reality. I've been where you are and I can assure you, I feel better since freeing myself from delusion and fantasy. Nowadays I can listen to Coast to Coast AM for comedic value instead of scrambling for scraps of what I've been told is esoteric info but is really just Barnum-esque lies to sell C-Crane radios, gold coins and the self-published books of people who couldn't crack it as scifi writers. Remember, there are people who care about you. (That goes for all the ufologists here.)

Atticus, although I agree with you on the point that there is probably less to most UFO cases than a lot of ufologists think, it's best not to be a dick about it when you first start posting in this forum. I can be difficult as times (Chris thinks I'm passive-aggressive - there I go again) but i've also been posting here for years and I guess they kind of put up with me.

:raisinghandatbackofclassroom:

How did this entire thread become about the credentials of one Mr. Courant? Perhaps to draw attention away from already vetted sources?

Hundreds of such sources are firmly on record. For example, read Project Blue Book's account of the Minot 1968 affair. I will make the outrageous assumption that the Air Force verified credentials of all major witnesses. Some have now come forward to denounce the official explanation as untenable (a fancy word for bullsh*t). Anyone hoping to debunk the validity of high strangeness phenomena by exposing all (as in 'all inclusive' vs 'selective') witnesses as fraudulent will be ultimately disappointed. The true non-believer would be better served by the lame but time honored method of "it can't be therefore isn't (anything extraordinary)" .

Atticus, although I agree with you on the point that there is probably less to most UFO cases than a lot of ufologists think, it's best not to be a dick about it when you first start posting in this forum. I can be difficult as times (Chris thinks I'm passive-aggressive - there I go again) but i've also been posting here for years and I guess they kind of put up with me.

What in any of my posts is dickish?

The idea that "disagreeing with my beliefs that scifi movies are real and expressing concern for the psychological and sociological healthiness of the lifestyle" equals "being a dick" seems to be restricted entirely to Ufologists and Otherkin ( Otherkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

:raisinghandatbackofclassroom:

How did this entire thread become about the credentials of one Mr. Courant?

The OP was a link to an article from the Falun Gong cult's newsletter about Jim Courant and we're now discussing the article about Jim Courant that was the OP. That's, like, how message boards operate.

The OP was a link to an article from the Falun Gong cult's newsletter about Jim Courant and we're now discussing the article about Jim Courant that was the OP. That's, like, how message boards operate.

Just wondered, since it seems to about all you are willing to discuss.

What in any of my posts is dickish?

The idea that "disagreeing with my beliefs that scifi movies are real and expressing concern for the psychological and sociological healthiness of the lifestyle" equals "being a dick" seems to be restricted entirely to Ufologists and Otherkin ( Otherkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

This came off sounding dickish:

Thanks, and a warm congratulations on taking the first step into reconnecting with society! It takes a lot of courage and it's not easy but I'm confident you'll be able to live a healthier, happier and more productive life in the world of reality. I've been where you are and I can assure you, I feel better since freeing myself from delusion and fantasy.

I wouldn't want that as well, but it's safe to say i'm on the other side of the fence on this issue even though I have no personal experience...in a UFO sense...to validate my "belief" that it represents a true phenomena.

Hi ufology! If you changed your mind, and decided you can begin this journey out of the darkness, please post what you found out when you looked-up Courant's name and if the information it provided corresponds to the claims of the newsletter of the Falun Gong flying saucer cult ...

I'm not in the "darkness" so you can take that little flame and snuff it, and if you bothered yourself to take the 3 minutes you claim it takes to lookup Courant, how about telling us the ID of the Courant listed in the FAA Pilot Cert Database ... here's a hint. It starts with A29*****.

this is another example of why de-programming is an exercise for those, like me, who have lots and lots of patience :D

Is there deprogramming for internet forum trolls?

AttentionWhore.jpg

Isn't it kind of odd that the US gets the most UFO (proclaimed) sightings.. In germany we get one every 2 years or so, might have to do with 'nuclear capabilities', wonder what Russia has stored and filed.

Isn't it kind of odd that the US gets the most UFO (proclaimed) sightings.. In germany we get one every 2 years or so, might have to do with 'nuclear capabilities', wonder what Russia has stored and filed.

I wonder if anyone has done a well designed geographical analysis of nuclear facilities and ufos ? BTW, Stephenville, TX is a 'stones throw' from a nuclear power plant. And there aren't that many in the state.

Comanche Peak Power Plant - Glen Rose Texas

That's interesting. I get hits at my website from Germany than any other country except the US and it's really not even close.

here's a hint. It starts with A29*****.

I'm not going to play hide-the-sausage. In the world of reality and legitimate scientific exploration and inquiry, we speak like adults and provide frank informative facts. We don't start phrases with "here's a hint ..." as a bed of spooky synthesizer music plays underneath.

Either you looked it up - like I've suggested 7 times now - and you'll share with us what you found, or - like dozens of others in this thread - you were too terrified at the possibility your belief system would be challenged and didn't.

Back