• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mike Bara :P

status4

I love hydrocarbons!
So he doesn't like the word "Pareidolia", apparently it's not a real word, even though it was good enough for Carl Sagan, but hey.

OK, he doesn't like "pareidolia", here's another word, "apophenia" !!!! lol

So he doesn't like the word "Pareidolia", apparently it's not a real word, even though it was good enough for Carl Sagan, but hey.

OK, he doesn't like "pareidolia", here's another word, "apophenia" !!!! lol

Laugh all you like, but he was walking on air when Hoagland asked him to the prom!

I just MIGHT have taken his research a little more seriously were it not for his CEASELESS boosting of Hoagland, quite possibly the LEAST credible in the field today.

Laugh all you like, but he was walking on air when Hoagland asked him to the prom!

I just MIGHT have taken his research a little more seriously were it not for his CEASELESS boosting of Hoagland, quite possibly the LEAST credible in the field today.
If he denigrates Hoagland, he is in a sense denigrating himself, since he wrote a book with the guy. But we got the message. :)

It's a juggling match. We poke too much, some listeners complain that we aren't letting the guest talk. If we poke too little, we aren't being critical enough. And each guest his his/her own issues that you have to respect, to a point.

I was going to poke Mike a bit more on his nonsensical liberal/conservative space program theories, that the former hated the space program and, I guess, the latter didn't. But there hasn't been a real vision for space travel since JFK. The Space Shuttle wasn't a vision, but a holding pattern. That includes every president after Johnson, though Nixon did at least let the Apollo program run its course.

Wow, I dared bring up actual facts you can look up and provided the photos and the links and Bara proceeds to pile on the assumptions and assassinate my character. What a clown. He backpedaled pretty quick when Chris quoted his blog back to him though. "Oh no, what I really meant, ..." Bara claims to have found the photo posted in a gaming forum somewhere. Does he give the date of his "discovery" of the photograph anywhere?

Why does every nutjob in this field always bring up Sitchin and his BS. If you bother to read what other academics have to say about the man, and then you research it for yourself, you'll find that he pretty much made the whole damn thing up. Always makes me chuckle whenever someone brings up his work as evidence.

I agree with his theory that the health industry is withholding treatments/cures for diseases. I have no doubt in my mind about it.

I actually found the small political exchange between Gene and Mr. Bara as well as Chris's UFO conference story at the start more interesting then the mars stuff. :)

If you thought the Paracast show was funny, just wait til tonight when he is on with Snoory. Should be outlandishly hilarious...

I agree with his theory that the health industry is withholding treatments/cures for diseases. I have no doubt in my mind about it.

I actually found the small political exchange between Gene and Mr. Bara as well as Chris's UFO conference story at the start more interesting then the mars stuff. :)

When Bara mentioned the fire retardant stuff, it reminded me of an episode of "That's Incredible" I saw in 1981 or '82 where this guy sprayed his hands with water based retardant stuff and then set his hands on fire without getting burned.
He also set his clothes on fire for several minutes without getting burned. I have often wondered where that fire retardant went to and what happened to it.

And I do agree that the medical industry would have no interest in one time cures, when they could "treat" a disease and keep the cash rolling in (and I really mean no offense to your late brother Gene, he probably was not in the know.).

Bara's book Ancient Aliens on the Moon has a telling entry in the "Acknowledgements" section.

"I would like to acknowledge these special souls who loved, helped, and or supported me during the writing of this book: ... Sean David Morton ..."

Need I say more? If it all boils down to The Quality Of The Messenger, then where does that leave Mike Bara and his claims? Bara is unable to recognize Morton as a opportunistic charlatan and a blowhard, but we can trust his opinion of a "lunar photo" he allegedly discovered in a defunct gaming forum somewhere (if I have that right.) I found it elsewhere and provided the links to my sources in a previous post.

Points for anyone that can supply the alleged "source" and date of when Bara is saying he made this discovery. I refuse to buy this book, although I did screw up and order Dark Mission when it came out. [I've actually returned books before based on learning the author was full of shit between the time it arrived at my door and the time I ordered it.]

Gene or Chris, did either one of you guys get a copy of the book to review before the interview? I imagine he has to mention just where he originally found the photo in there somewhere.

The next time someone wonders out loud, "Why doesn't main stream media and science take UFOs, the paranormal, or alternative science, and so forth seriously?" just point to Mike Bara, Sean David Morton, and Richard Hoagland and then hand them a brochure on the latest UFO Con (it's called that for a reason.) That should answer the question in spades.

I'm only a few minutes into this and when he says "only people with a brain" think there are structures on mars I rolled my eyes and realized what this guy was all about. I'm going to listen to the rest for purely comedic relief.

T.O., you should changed your name to Paranormal Cyberstalker. Your question made for some entertaining back-peddling by the guest.

I think Paranormally Disenchanted is a perfect descriptor for me.

I think it is pretty telling when folks resort to accusing people of being cyber-stalkers, arm-chair researchers, government agents, or "debunkers" when someone dares to disagree with their ill conceived assertions and ridiculous claims. They might as well pin this on their shirt, "Yes, I'm full of crap, but please don't complain about the smell!"

Hoagland has been plagued by someone name Gary The Martian Revelator for a while who thinks Hoagland knows more than he is telling. Which is bizarre and pretty improbable if you stop to think about it. I don't think any of Bara's detractors are making any claims like that.

Back