• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mike Bara :P

I can't wrap my head around the theory that we had this advanced technology 50 years ago, and we still have to use conventional weapons in war, such as in Iraq and Afghanistan, or wherever the military/industrial complex sends us next. How many people have died because we restrict alleged flying saucer technology to improbable flyovers and secret tests? If we had this technology, we'd take over the world virtually overnight. And if some of those other countries had similar technology -- well you see what I'm getting at.

Why do we assume that only the U.S. could have gained this technology anyway? We know there have been UFO crashes outside the U.S., but that doesn't mean alien technology has been recovered or even that scientists can figure out any of it.

It would collapse the world economy overnight.

Dolan makes the case

Dolan offered the following story to make his point about keeping certain technology secret: “Back in 1986, when the United States bombed the nation of Libya, is very instructive. Because at that time, the US had operationally, but still secret, the F-117-A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter. Yet the Stealth Fighter was not employed in that Libyan mission. Instead, the US used the F-111. Now, the F-111 is a very fine aircraft, but the fact was that the top of the line fire aircraft was the Stealth fighter, and it wasn’t used on the Libyan mission. The question is, why not?
“The answer, we learn from the military, was simply that the F-117 classification was still secret, and the Libyan mission was not seen as a high enough priority to risk exposing that aircraft yet. The US did not want the rest of the world to know because Stealth technology was just that important. And that should tell us something: that just because you have top of the line technology out there, using it in such a way that it’s out in the open is not always a good thing. The technology can be so valuable that it’s almost counterproductive to use it because then you’re letting the rest of the world know you’ve got it.
“So too with secret space technology and the secret space program. Using flying saucers to fight the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq would be counterproductive from their point of view. That’s assuming that they want to win the wars to begin with. But once you use them in battle, you’re alerting other groups that yes, this is possible and you can build a functioning flying saucer. And maybe the US doesn’t want them to know that."​

Robot heads on the moon. This guy is delusional.

Well to be fair, I don't put a lot of stock in Hoagland or his ideas, but I'm not against the idea that aliens have at one point or another conducted business on the moon or that those aliens left something behind. Same with Mars.

T.O., you should changed your name to Paranormal Cyberstalker. Your question made for some entertaining back-peddling by the guest.

I actually found his explanation to be plausible. If he had linked in the same blog post to the original source then he obviously didn't mean that he dug it up out of the earth.

I actually found his explanation to be plausible. If he had linked in the same blog post to the original source then he obviously didn't mean that he dug it up out of the earth.

My point is simply this. The photo is old news with a traceable history beyond that gaming forum back to a "suspected" hoaxer. kksamuri certainly seemed to be talking about some of the same theories as Hoagland and Bara years ago. On the Coast to Coast show he said he was aware of kksamuri and the photo back in the 90s, but as far as I know he never mentioned it before then.

Here is the thing. All of these lunar structures and anomalies seem to only exist in old photographic PRINTs. They vary from PRINT to PRINT. (hint there somewhere) They do not exist in the sub-meter imaging done by how many countries now? They are not being observed by the hundreds of thousands of people who observe the moon through telescopes every day. Amateur astronomers are taking incredible HD film of the moon from their backyards and posting them to youTube. I've seen some extremely impressive images.

The idea that THEY are hiding it from the rest of us because "We'd go crazy" if we knew is absurd. They have every reason to tell us in fact.

I'd love to see the evidence for this stuff. I've read though Bara's stuff and his detractors and I find I fall on the side of not being able to muster the belief that this is showing a genuine object on the lunar surface.

Call me ...oh unreasonable.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't BELIEVE it if for no other reason that the photos that I've seen in Hoagland's own materials--prints or whatever they are--just look like rocks and other such things to me. When he's like "this is a pyramid!" or "this is an artificial glass structure!" I usually just think to myself that it's a big rock and that he's seeing what he wants to see.

Personally, I find the image of Arthur C. Clarke's "banyan trees" on Mars to be much more compelling:

Mars Trees - Photos of Mars Trees

Gene and Chris: you folks did an outstanding Job with this nut case Much better then snorry did! Robot heads the fake ziggerat all sorts of crazy theroys! almost as good as if you guys got hogland! Hats off on a Job well done!

Gene, Chris you had “patience of Job” dealing with this guy. From claiming the position of the planets affect us, to saying the ziggurat image "is at least real enough" to be studied and finally calling our own trainedobserver a cyber stalker and not even answering the question. Yeah that is the first and last interview I'm interested in hearing from him.

Just had to add when he say the best evidence of LTP is from Apollo15 and this "greenish bluish glow" that can only be atmosphere on the moon or glass structures. That is ALL it can be no other explanation.

I am no space photography expert and you know what neither is he.

I thought hmm... we really haven't had a lot of experience with photos actually taken in space how do we know it wasn't some stray reflection or cosmic rays hitting the tin can of a spacecraft and affecting the camera. It's the dogmatic statement of a true believer that this guy is says its only one thing or the other that makes this guy seem like a joke to me.

Would of fit perfect at the recent UfoCon.

Here is the guy Mr. Bara was talking about I think. Expat. He put a blog up that exposed all the errors in Dark Mission which apparently didn't set well with Mike. He is continuing on now with a expose on Ancient Aliens on the Moon. An excellent article I would encourage everyone to read.

Point by point critique of 'Ancient Aliens on the Moon' - FULL VERSION

Gene, Chris,

I think Expat would be an excellent guest. His blog is outstanding.

Trained: how did this guy think you are an internet stalker?

Chris asked a question I posed that implied that Bara either didn't know, or was failing to mention, that the photograph had existed on the Internet prior to him "discovering" it on a gaming forum. If you follow the links I posted with the question you'll see kksamurai signed his work with a kk in the corner. Whether this person faked the photograph or not is hard to judge, but from what I can gather he was prone to "find" these things and post them. My crime, pointing something out he didn't want to hear apparently. I attempted to post to Bara's blogspot once but he doesn't allow comments so I don't think that counts. I guess we just shouldn't disagree with these folks. If you disagree with them about something you are a debunker with an agenda to keep "The Truth" from the world. F*&#^%# hell. Expat lays waste to Bara's credibility in his blog. Like the acknowledgement of Sean David Morton in the front of the book wasn't enough.

If you disagree with them about something you are a debunker with an agenda to keep "The Truth" from the world. F*&#^%# hell.

Oh come on Trained the only thing you ever talk about is Bara, the 4,250 posts you have made on these forums have all been about Bara, and your devious plan to get your question asked to Bara by Chris on the show finally succeeded!

Oh come on Trained the only thing you ever talk about is Bara, the 4,250 posts you have made on these forums have all been about Bara, and your devious plan to get your question asked to Bara by Chris on the show finally succeeded!

Patience is the only virtue I learned at the feet of ... (well, I won't say it.)

Sadly because we are not funding a space program. Investigators like Mike Bara and Richard C. Hoagland have fuel for their views that we are suppressing good science and only the (insert favorite secret society to hate here) get to go to outer space and laugh at us unwashed common folk fighting for the last drops of water, oil, farmland, rare earths, and other resources civilization needs to keep going.

Well, I guess I'm behind the curve on this one. What can I say about this interview that wasn't already said. "The word pareidolia is just a word made up by debunkers." Wow. Wouldn't it be great if we could look at any view that opposes our own and just say, "Oh, you just made that up so it doesn't count." We could just wantonly dismiss any counter argument and that would be that. We'd live in our own worlds of pretty unicorns and force fields around the Moon. It's funny that this shit-for-brains discounted pareidolia but then turned around and mentioned people seeing things with their imaginations. Of course pareidolia is deeply rooted in the psychological aspect of imagination...a self-defense aspect that allows us to perceive danger within areas of the unknown environment which later evolved into self projections of success and, finally, entertainment, but I digress.

A few questions; What are Mr. Bara's qualifications regarding engineering outside of his dad being an engineer? Does he have some sort of degree and, if so, can we get Lance on that to vet it, please? I mean my dad worked in a steel factory but that doesn't mean I know how to smelt metal.

Number 2; regarding the halo photograph taken of the Moon. Does Mr. Bara not understand that the halo may not have been around the object itself (i.e. the Moon), but could have been an effect of the camera lens or even the result of snapping an image of the Moon out of a window or space-capsule portal? Looking at something in a picture could be something very big and far away or something very small and very close. *snap snap* Come on, Bara. Photography 101. Take a class, will ya. Additionally, why do we not see this halo from Earth even though such atmospheric phenomenon are observed on other planets? IF this halo were real it would be observable all the time. There...not just debunked but disproven.

Which leads me to number 3; how does Mr. Bara explain away the fact that at any given time we have hundreds, perhaps thousands of people viewing the Moon, and sometimes Mars, through telescopes with imaging capability at a far greater degree than what NASA had in 1969? In other words, pretty much any night you have countless amateur astronomers with telescopes that can pin-point individual rocks on the surface of the Moon observing its surface in great detail, or even take high-def images of galaxies millions of light years away. Explain to me how these amateur astronomers don't go running in the streets after observing these so-called structures. Explain to me how NASA covers up thousands of private sector images and observations taken on a NIGHTLY BASIS, and how NASA is able to hide force fields, domes, cars, airplanes,...you know... all the staples of modern civilization used by the aliens on the Moon. Or on Mars.

It's disappointing. Bara seemed to talk with a fair amount of intelligence at times, but he's so intellectually shut down to the point he cannot see reason in something he's put so much effort, time, and money in to. He's like the Ramsey's and Aztec; he's got too much vested interest to allow himself to be convinced it's not real. I love it when cool-aide drinking believers like him toss the whole, "skeptics are afraid of revealing the truth..." statement out there in such a dismissive way as he did. I can see it now... just picture one of the conference rooms at NASA with guys in lab coats, horn-rimmed glasses in front of fearful eyes, pissing down their legs mumbling, "What are we going to do? What are we going to DO??!! The public is going to find out we've been lying about the Moon and Mars! They're going to SEE the buildings!"Bullshit.

I'm sorry but this episode had me seeing red. I was so disgusted with it I almost cannot translate my counter arguments into something rational. Aside form what I've typed up above I have so many additional counter arguments I hardly know where to start. Bara and Hoagland are delusional and the faster they fade into obscurity the better. There's a reason why they're so bitter. They're tired of trying to defend their blend of insanity and fantasy against the tirade of critical thinking and reason.

Sorry for the cursing, but I'm that outraged.

Well to be fair, I don't put a lot of stock in Hoagland or his ideas, but I'm not against the idea that aliens have at one point or another conducted business on the moon or that those aliens left something behind. Same with Mars.

I'm not against the idea that Aliens or even humans have conducted business on the moon and/or Mars, but that's not what I was talking about. I was specifically talking about the robot head photo that Bara brought up.

"...absolutely, I think to my engineer's eye, it's absolutely technology, it's absolutely not rocks..."

Maybe he should absolutely use his common sense eye.

I just finished listening to this episode which had, "Mike Bara, whose latest book, "Ancient Aliens on the Moon," was recently released by Adventures Unlimited Press."

Wow, what a seriously misguided individual this guy was. The sheer crap he spewed out was so sad I don't know really where to start....

Just so that most of the readers know....

At one point in the discussion there was a point Mr. Bara made about the "colored" camera not used on the first lunar mission. He spoke about how the main reason why this wasn't done was because the government was probably looking to cover up something visual, and not only did they use a black and white camera, but they also degraded the feed.

camera-shy.jpg

This picture, albeit a still, was taken with a colored camera. As you can see there's no little green men with special inviso saucers floating around which would be seen with the magic video camera or even this colored still.

Secondly, Nasa explained why they didn't use a colored video camera. They stated that they weren't sure a colored camera would work, mainly because the feed wouldn't be picked up correctly on earth. They felt that if there was any percentage that something would not work correctly, that they would go instead with something as definite as possible. The black and white camera was already pre-tested with the frequency level (Gene was correct) and they knew it could work.

Lastly, I won't even get into how many people in the U.S., or the world for that matter, actually had a color TV during the lunar landing.

Oh yes, one other thing....Apollo 15 was video taped in color. I guess the Alien's allowed this to be done without imposing on so many people's conspiracy needs:

Back