• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mike Bara :P

Free episodes:

I blogged specifically about Mike Bara's spot on Paracast. I just loved it when he said that NASA is "desperately afraid of people like me," and when he complained that "NASA Brownshirts" have a lock on wikipedia and google searches.

The Emoluments of Mars: Did Gerry Soffen lie about the second orbit?

That is a strange comment for him to make in the light of what was said about Hoagland on Bara's last Coast to Coast appearance. If I'm not mistaken, Noorey said that pictures of Hoagland were all over the halls of NASA and that he was a hero there and Bara agreed. Do I have that right? I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone at NASA takes Hoagland or Bara seriously, much less idolizing Hoagland and displaying his photograph.

Noorey said that pictures of Hoagland were all over the halls of NASA and that he was a hero there and Bara agreed.
I didn't hear that. If he did say it he was undoubtedly being ironic. Bara's not too good at irony -- his one real talent is insulting people -- but if he agreed, his tongue was in his cheek too.

I didn't hear that. If he did say it he was undoubtedly being ironic. Bara's not too good at irony -- his one real talent is insulting people -- but if he agreed, his tongue was in his cheek too.

Now I am wondering which interview I was listening to when I heard that. (shutters) I'm not going to listen to the Bara interviews again to find out though.

The origin of the ZigguRAT photo predates his finding it on that gaming forum. It can still be found with KKsamuri's initials in the corner here.

I guess what I mean to say is, "If Bara is the researcher he thinks he is, why did he claim the origin of the photograph was a gaming forum when it has been in the "alien structures" conversation since the 90s?"

My attempts to contact the author of the following website to get a date on when it went up have failed.

Pyramids: Indicative of Indo-European Civilization on Other Planets?

Hey, Bara used my favorite word! "Fucktard"

This blog looks like crap. Everybody knows we used antigravity propulsion to get to the Moon.....and Mars......and beyond. Just ask T.L. Keller!

(j/k. I'm perusing it now.)

I don't think those are necessarily mutually exclusive.

There are so many psychological mechanisms behind wanting to believe a farce to the point of hoaxing it, you could fill this entire forum with them. From living in a fantasy world to wanting to profit by bilking people out of their money (selling false-facts in book form), there's just too much to cover. I think that Bara believes his own ramblings but he's also so desperate to defend them that he's willing to more-than fudge the truth to do it.

So, how do we defend against this? With people like Expat. Experts who can address the claims with facts and knowledge. We break down the claims, one-by-one.....a tedious job, admittedly, but that's what Bara did......built up his claims one-by-one.

Unlike what one Paracast poster put on another forum a while back we should probably not pull out the Forum Psychologists and try to analyst why Bara does what he does, or if he really believes what he says. (BTW, I count myself among those Forum Psychologists.) Eventually, if we cut down his claims he will go away. Remember one of Stanton Friedman's mantra's, "If you can't attack the data, attack the people." Well we can attack the data, quite well, actually, so that's what we need to do. Trying to get into Bara's head is a waste of time, and perhaps we should avoid insulting him in lieu of cutting down his claims.

Of course that doesn't make him any less than a fucktard.

Expat...Maybe you can answer this what is the whole 19.1 thing all about? where did hogland dream that up? Also was hogland REALLY working forNASA at one point in time? was Hogland REALLY sciance advisor to walter cronkite?

One last thing then I'm going to stay away from this thread forever. On the subject of "Pareidolia"...

I was busy stalking Mr. Bara - oops, I mean, searching the web for more information on his fascinating work - when I found a YouTube video called "Bara Bara Bere Bere - Alex Ferrari". I'll be damned if at times you can't see a man's face in these women's underwear. ;)

One last thing then I'm going to stay away from this thread forever. On the subject of "Pareidolia"...

I was busy stalking Mr. Bara - oops, I mean, searching the web for more information on his fascinating work - when I found a YouTube video called "Bara Bara Bere Bere - Alex Ferrari". I'll be damned if at times you can't see a man's face in these women's underwear. ;)

That's just your imagination. There's no such thing as pareidolia, but there is such thing, apparently, as seeing imaginary images in random patterns. "Completely" different.

I'm watching this video for the 3rd time, btw.

Back