• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Media Blackout and Arrests taking place at the Gulf?

Free versions of recent episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
Please give a listen to this interview with James Fox on the oil spill disaster. News blackout? Arrests? Anybody on this board in that region?

Additional

It shows who is really in control. We are supposed to be subservient to the British. Total planned event. Haliburton who caused the spill bought out Boots and Coots clean up company about 10 days prior to the spill, many share holders dumped stock prior to the spill as well.

It shows who is really in control. We are supposed to be subservient to the British. Total planned event. Haliburton who caused the spill bought out Boots and Coots clean up company about 10 days prior to the spill, many share holders dumped stock prior to the spill as well.

I find it really hard to believe that this was a planned event. It would be absolutely insane for BP to shoot themselves in the foot like this.

right. but Haliburton would, as i understand it, Haliburton was the one who was plugging the hole when all hell broke loose... how convenient that they just happened to have a newly acquired clean up company. if it looks like a oil soaked duck and smells like a oil soaked duck....

right. but Haliburton would, as i understand it, Haliburton was the one who was plugging the hole when all hell broke loose... how convenient that they just happened to have a newly acquired clean up company. if it looks like a oil soaked duck and smells like a oil soaked duck....

I bet you think that it's the same people that caused 9/11, right? Why must everything be a conspiracy? It was a horrible accident waiting to happen and it did happen because safety measures weren't followed - to think that this was a planned event is foolish.
Instead of creating conspiracy theories it would be best to find a solution.

I bet you think that it's the same people that caused 9/11, right? Why must everything be a conspiracy? It was a horrible accident waiting to happen and it did happen because safety measures weren't followed - to think that this was a planned event is foolish.
Instead of creating conspiracy theories it would be best to find a solution.

riiiight... hey look, there goes the easter bunny! the "solution" is coming. PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION... this game has been played over and over and over and....

I don't know about this. It seems like bullshit and in my mind makes James Fox look like a conspiracy theory nut job. He decides that a conversation he has at a diner with a 15 year old kid is news worthy???? He keeps saying that he is seeing it with his own eyes yet he is not. He keeps saying that the people in these small towns don't want to talk to people with cameras. That is no big surprise. Hell, the president was just there. The area is saturated with newsies and these people don't want any part of it. Where is the proof? Its all just conjecture and innuendo. This shit really pisses me off.

This is precisely the sort of thing that has always bothered me about Fox. Not his talent as a film maker, but his apparent enthusiasm for all things conspiratorial. Enthusiastic to the point of gullibility. Now this can be pointed to, and rightfully so, as an example of him and all the subjects he has covered are at best tainted by his conspiratorial nature. FUCK. Why do people who get on TV or get some sort of notoriety almost always pull up lame? So Frustrating!!!!

I don't know about this. It seems like bullshit and in my mind makes James Fox look like a conspiracy theory nut job. He decides that a conversation he has at a diner with a 15 year old kid is news worthy???? He keeps saying that he is seeing it with his own eyes yet he is not. He keeps saying that the people in these small towns don't want to talk to people with cameras. That is no big surprise. Hell, the president was just there. The area is saturated with newsies and these people don't want any part of it. Where is the proof? Its all just conjecture and innuendo. This shit really pisses me off.

This is precisely the sort of thing that has always bothered me about Fox. Not his talent as a film maker, but his apparent enthusiasm for all things conspiratorial. Enthusiastic to the point of gullibility. Now this can be pointed to, and rightfully so, as an example of him and all the subjects he has covered are at best tainted by his conspiratorial nature. FUCK. Why do people who get on TV or get some sort of notoriety almost always pull up lame? So Frustrating!!!!

Ron can you explain the threat of arrest in the bottom video?

I'm wondering if they are in an exclusion zone??

Either way I do find some of this stuff suspicious. Not really Fox's commentary (I think Ron covered it pretty well), but the associations and "coincidences". As far as the off-limits places, they probably are considered hazardous waste sites which would have it's own set of rules to adhere to. I need more information to make sense of everything though.

The Coast Guard says "This is BP's rules, not ours". Ron, Angel and Paul, please give us your thoughts.

I think the Fox stuff is ludicrous (particularly the breathless implication that Fox is in danger), as is any assertion that this was a planned event. However, the lack of access to mainstream journalists during this whole mess is troubling, because we have seen consistently that BP has not been honest with its information, even when dealing with the authorities. The administration's handling of this has been pretty weak so far, and points out the very real problems we face given the close integration between corporate America and the government, which is supposed to represent the interests of all of the people.

Well, without knowing the geography of where they are and who owns the land but... I would hazard the guess that it is private property and BP either owns it or has an agreement with the land owner. In the video they provided, the coast was clearly shot by a low flying aircraft. The camera crew tried to boat into or walk into the ares. These are two completely separate things. I can fly over private property all day long so long as there is no NOTAM informing me of a restriction and I obey local and federal ordinances and guidelines for altitude and noise reduction. However, If I walk onto private property I am subject to different laws governing my ability to access the area. The land owner or agents of the land owner can restrict my entry and have me removed if they so desire. I think there is an illusion of impropriety here that may not be accurate.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I think the Fox stuff is ludicrous (particularly the breathless implication that Fox is in danger), as is any assertion that this was a planned event.
The melodrama is appalling. But, I'll bet it gets him another spot on Larry King.

However, the lack of access to mainstream journalists during this whole mess is troubling, because we have seen consistently that BP has not been honest with its information, even when dealing with the authorities. The administration's handling of this has been pretty weak so far, and points out the very real problems we face given the close integration between corporate America and the government, which is supposed to represent the interests of all of the people.
Agreed. However, from my POV I kind of see why. I can assume that they have a bunch of experts in a big room and someone has said something to the effect of, "Shit boys, we are screwed! So, there is no such thing as a bad idea. Literally no such thing. I got a group of guys in accounting that think we need 7000 rolls of water proof duct tape to solve this thing and to be honest Im considering it."

Not exactly the sort of thing a publicly traded company filled with supposed experts wants to convey. They want to report the problem, then a solution and skip the middle bits all together hoping to avoid a mass exodus of stock holders. The CEO is a downplay expert. He knows his job will be the first of many casualties in this. But, if he wants a severance package he needs to try to control the black eye effect and to do that he needs to control the information going to the media. As I see it this is not conspiratorial, its damage control for the sake of minimizing the overall profit loss.

The Obama administration does seems like a deer caught in headlights. It seems unsure how to deal with any of this. Though I would say it is a tough position. I believe that technically the rig is in international waters (isn't that correct?) and if that is the case they may not have jurisdiction to do much anyway. Although, I admit that my understanding of maritime law is on par with my understanding of hair product chemistry. Which is to say I have no real understanding of it at all.

I don’t rule anything out but to jump on the ‘uber-conspiracy’ bandwagon just does a disservice to real investigation. A company like Halliburton cutting corners to maximise profit may prove true. If that is the case, then let’s hope the media, the public and elected reps do their damnedest to get them brought to justice. But that takes investigation. Even if they have just acquired a cleaning company as you say, that doesn’t mean they are going to unleash a massive environmental disaster on the southern coast! We may have the biggest environmental disaster the USA has ever experienced and IMO saying things like ‘it was done on purpose’ without any serious evidence is just ridiculous. It actually puts a lot people off trying to find out what’s really going on.

I’ve never considered James Fox a 'conspiracy theorist' and found both his documentaries on UFOs to be well-researched and quite measured in what he concludes about the phenomenon and what action he calls for from government. He is on the ground there, he’s just being honest. This situation is being managed for public consumption – not really a big surprise there. A wife of a fisherman came forward last week about her husband’s illness from the cleanup and felt scared ‘breaking the silence’ about it. Why the hell should she feel that if there wasn’t some kind of pressure to say nothing to the media. And that is wrong. So I think it’s important that guys like James make the effort to go and do some onsite investigation. I applaud him for it and am very interested in what he has to say.

A company like Halliburton cutting corners to maximise profit may prove true

I can't help but think that is most likely what went on there. Corporations cutting corners, employing incompetent engineers because they are cheaper, and paying off inspectors is an old, old, story we've seen repeated time and again. This seems more probable to me.

I can't help but think that is most likely what went on there. Corporations cutting corners, employing incompetent engineers because they are cheaper, and paying off inspectors is an old, old, story we've seen repeated time and again. This seems more probable to me.

It definitely more probable than some sort of conspiracy to cause an oil spill in order to clean it up.

I think what we are seeing is a failure to plan, a failure to execute, and a failure of will.

I've been watching all the "conspiracy" threads on this lately on a multitude of forums. I'm not one to rush on the bandwagon to call it a conspiracy, neither am I one to dismiss it very easily.

I think things will be hashed out provided there is a thorough investigation as to the causes of the oil leak, and when BP knew about it, and if there were any forewarnings (failed inspections etc..) The problem is, BP are the experts that would be doing any investigating. If not them, who do we send in to investigate; Mobil/Exxon?

Oil Corporations, it seems, have a great deal of power and influence with the various governments of the major oil consuming countries of the world-especially within the USA. It reminds me of two things: "Hocus Pocus" by Kurt Vonnegut and the movie "Network." Corporations and privatization are portrayed as evil conglomerates which have too much power and are able to dictate governmental policy as such. I firmly believe that any investigation will be drawn out and will not disclose any information other than the obvious.

But I will wait and see.

I seriously question any conspiracy theorists as in what is to gain by, any and whatever 'faction', this catastrophe ? BP will be tainted for years for this, as will by a probably smaller degree other big oil concerns. Now where does any conspiracy theory fit in here ? Maybe it was Steven Greer in an old-style diving suit (with an airline and all) cutting it open to promote free energy ? Also, I dropped a chewed gum into Eyjafjallajökull whilst visiting a few weeks ago, screw you , Ryanair.

BP are obviously trying to curtail the amount of information getting out to the media, so call that conspiracy if you like. I believe the Oil Spill is probably is spreading further out to the ocean then the American Public is being told. With that amount of Crude oil guzzling into the Ocean each day, all ocean live is probably dead already in the areas that are effected by this mess. This disaster will certainly effect people's daily living and wellbeing for a number of years. BP would have to prevent Media access to Journalists to prevent a even worse PR disaster for BP, it is morally wrong to cover up a mess, that effects the common person, but BP still has image to protect, and has to protect the viability of the Company for being taken over during this crisis. BP are going to have to pay not in the millions but Billions which will indeed effect market share in the future. This is a British owned company so many British shareholders are going to hit a loss when the claims come flooding in.

I probably shouldn't bother posting this on a conspiracy based site but....Assuming everything is a conspiracy is a result of warped reasoning ( especially this particular one) . It's easier to think everything is "planned" than to admit the the world is out of control- that's right nobody controls it, not the oil companies, not the jews, not the neocons. I think people would be wise face that fact and stop childishly thinking that the evil overlords are running things. It's disempowering, juvenile, and it's a waste of time. Think critcally and logically about this stuff, it will make life clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back