• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 10, 2015 — Red Pill Junkie with Richard Dolan

All about the bottom line. The Paracast needs people like Dolan in the same way he needs to keep paying the bills by associating himself with this Mexican huckster, dolts like Linda Howe, and all the tards at KRGA. It's really interesting how Dolan plays this idiotic situation all the way to end with the hopes of coming out clean in the end, well that didn't work out.
I liken the UFO researchers (the ones who talk at conferences) to a fraternity. You don't criticize your frat brothers. If we all stick together we can make some money from this endeavor. At least those at the top of the pyramid.

I was a bit shocked to hear Micah Hanks say he was a good friend of Maussan. I wouldn't expect Hanks to be very critical of Maussan in this slides debacle. Most of the people caught up in slides fiasco will never admit to anything. It will affect the bottom line ($$$.)

It must be embarrassing that there's so little room for denial at this point, however they are going to look pretty disingenuous if they don't acknowledge as true what anybody can replicate at home...

It seems to me that everyone is gleefully accepting (at face value) what this self-appointed group of slide deniers is supplying to the public in the way of a translation of the placard. Ron Regehr was given a hi-rez TIF version of the placard and was unable to resolve the wording that the slide deniers claim they uncovered. When he used the version they supplied, he was able to re-create their results. Something is wrong w/ this picture! They were able to resolve the image in two days? Hmmm...

When I was writing step-by-step instructions a few days ago on how to independently replicate the results of our group a few days ago (which lots of people have followed without any problem, to the considerable disappointment and dashed hopes of some of them), I had a couple of problems at first.

Basically because computers are VERY stupid so you have to be VERY precise in your instructions to computers. They can't tell you that you are making a simple mistake.

For example, did Ron:
(1) use Nab Lator's kernel for the settings for SmartDeblur (which would be a problem if he used a different image with a different filename); or,
(2) if he was using a different image/filename instead of the kernel as a shortcut did he manually enter accurately the relevant settings?

(Either way is fine, as you as you are precise about what you are doing. You don't need to use Nab Lator's kernel as long as you enter the right numbers for the various settings).

I'd be prepared to take the time to break down the steps for Ron Regehr even further. It should take him about 1.5 minutes (possibly 2 minutes) to replicate the results.

I've sent Ron Regehr a friend request on Facebook so that I can message him a further breakdown of the relevant steps and help spot the problem he had. (It really isn't that complicated. I can do it!)

(Or I can post a list of people that have replicated the deblurring, with and without Nab Lator's kernel giving the relevant settings - including David Rudiak and researchers using a high resolution slide privately provided by Maussan).

In short, I'd hate to see suspicions being expressed which can be resolved in the matter of seconds/minutes.

I liken the UFO researchers (the ones who talk at conferences) to a fraternity. You don't criticize your frat brothers. If we all stick together we can make some money from this endeavor. At least those at the top of the pyramid.

I was a bit shocked to hear Micah Hanks say he was a good friend of Maussan. I wouldn't expect Hanks to be very critical of Maussan in this slides debacle. Most of the people caught up in slides fiasco will never admit to anything. It will affect the bottom line ($$$.)
Whaaa? Micah said he's spoken to Maussan only once or twice.

Hanks, might be one of the "KGRA tards" according to you --BTW you misspelled the acronym-- but he's never lost his integrity and he's never supported Maussan. He made that very clear IMO on this week's eidtion of The Gralien Report.

And yes, for the record I'm a friend of his.

The Not the Roswell Slides must be a pivotal turning point in ufological history as Paul Kimball has returned to post at the Paracast forums. Either that or hell froze over. What's next?

I just came back long enough to post a simple corrective... and also because I'm obviously looking for fame and relevance. Adios.

Last edited:
Yadayadayada... This whole slides scenario has been extremely suspect from the start (as I have stated numerous times on the show and here on the forum). My prior post was meant to call into question where the version of the image came from that was then subsequently deciphered. According to Moody, it was sent to them anonymously. Interesting.

Bottomline? Like Nick Redfern, I'm beyond sick of hearing about this fiasco. My bottomline has always been about getting to the truth of the matter and I'll continue to drill down in an effort to gain clarity. These scenarios are what I hate the most about this BS field called ufology. It should read u-fool-ogy. OK, perhaps I got a bit personal w/ my last post, and I apologize to Lance and Tony for the "slime" as Lance put it in a PM this morning. As for Tony: I have a problem w/ anyone who attempts to twist facts, spin them, add a dash of fantasy and attempt to re-write history and will question anyone with a track record of doing so. Lance thinks I'm "a true believer" and holds me rather in contempt and will do anything he can to denigrate, insult and besmirch ufos and the paranormal. He's a debunker and I have a problem w/ all zealots. That being said, congrats to all you guys (Dave, Issac & the others et al.) on the seemingly effortless way that the placard was deciphered in mere hours and shame on Dew, Schmidt and Carey for not using "Dew" diligence to accomplish the task in over 3 years. You deserve all the flack that is being fired in your direction, an then some and I hope your "documentary" costs millions and makes nada dinero and that you have to refund everyone's money. :eek:

..seemingly effortless way that the placard was deciphered in mere hours
I was just an "observer" to most of this, as Nab Lator's reports of results were posted in realtime.
Not so fast or easy, and when the word mummified child came out, jaws dropped.
Then pushing to read the rest bit, by bit and then, the authenticating, duplicating, verifying...

@Sentry while I'm not at all disturbed by the fact that the RSRG did in hours what Dew and company couldn't do in years, I am a little unsure by the time line in which the placard became a "thing", what I mean is why hadn't this deciphering hadn't been done a long time ago by the RSRG? why was it post conference? I am under the impression this presence of the card was kept from others in all this time. If that is the case i'd say it's pretty damning evidence...circumstantial or otherwise...that there was something to hide .why hide the placard unless one was scared it could torpedo whatever theory one was trying to push?

As far as any kind of refund, or class action lawsuit- I can't see a judge "entertaining" the idea of fraud in this case. Couldn't any good lawyer convince the court the whole display was for entertainment purposes? I have little reason to doubt the placard describes a museum piece, as the image looks like something out of Ripley's Believe it or not Museum on the Atlantic City boardwalk. Normally, any time I see Moody's name attached to any type of "reveal" -I feel the need to remain on the fence. Perhaps it's a personality thing. I love a good mystery, paranormal or other. But when a person makes it their life mission to convince the public that there never was such a mystery- I find that peculiar.

No not at all that will not Fly. They advertised it as having the Proof and not for only Entertainment purposes. If they had claimed that no one would have attended and they would not have been able to defraud so much from so many. Accounts on other blogs are stating that Richard Dolan said on a Radio show that he will never apologize and that he will never admit that it's not an alien. I believe he is doing this because he is in dreaded fear of a Lawsuit and refuses to admit publicly that he knew from the first instant he saw the hi res images and before he appeared in the presentation that the slide was of a Mummy. This of Course I feel is the worst thing he can do for his career but obviously he needs this denial to even have a chance at avoiding conviction for intentional fraud for Financial gain. Legal actions might already have started and he is already trying to protect himself and we have just not heard about them yet.

Last edited:
Junkie...
Whaaa? Micah said he's spoken to Maussan only once or twice.

Hanks, might be one of the "KGRA tards" according to you --BTW you misspelled the acronym-- but he's never lost his integrity and he's never supported Maussan. He made that very clear IMO on this week's eidtion of The Gralien Report.

And yes, for the record I'm a friend of his.
Junkie... firstly I did not misspell KGRA, that was another poster. Again I did not call anyone 'tards' that was another poster. I wish you would kindly get your facts straight when you address me and accuse me. And I also listened to the episode that featured Paul Kimball. I distinctly recall Hanks call Maussan his friend. I guess I will need to re-listen to the beginning again.

Also, I did go back and listen to Micah Hanks again. Addressing his brother Caleb...
'You were actually backstage, you were working during a presentation by our friend, yours and mine, Jaime Mussaun.'​

Last edited:
For those who are upset with the streaming service provided to them of this event (Either with the content or with any technical glitches that we have heard about) , wouldn't it be possible to initiate a complaint through your credit card provider? I imagine as with most fees for online services the payments were charged in most cases. As with other service/merchandise complaints the credit card company is usually a good place to start. If the promoters get hit with many chargebacks that should make a pretty good statement and hurt them where it counts. This course would certainly yield more immediate results than any legal class action approach.

Junkie...

Junkie... firstly I did not misspell KGRA, that was another poster. Again I did not call anyone 'tards' that was another poster. I would wish you would kindly get your facts straight when you address me and accuse me. And I also listened to the episode that featured Paul Kimball. I distinctly recall Hanks call Maussan his friend. I guess I will need to re-listen to the beginning again.​

Apologies for the false accusation.

If you can, listen to the last episode of Expanded Perspectives. There Micah gave more info on how he was able to independently deduct the real identity of the Roswell mummy:

Expanded Perspectives » The Roswell Alien Slides

I think he also goes into his opinion of Maussan. Like I wrote earlier, I think Micah has only spoken to the man a couple of times; he's aware of his hucksterism and he was upset about the last time he promoted an 'alien body' which was nothing but a dessecated monkey --Micah was concerned with the potential cruelty towards an innocent animal.

I just came back long enough to post a simple corrective... and also because I'm obviously looking for fame and relevance. Adios.
Well, why run away so quickly when there's so many interesting honest cards suddenly put on the table by Christopher O'Brien and others? What the slides and your team's research is providing is an opportunity for a new level of open dialogue to take place. I've seen and read a lot of your work concerning the Paranormal and UFO's and same for O'Brien. But this isn't about the two of you, but there's this very fascinating discussion taking place across the lines of skeptics, seekers and investigators that is blowing apart all that's wrong with ufology. Why not seize the opportunity and grow this discussion by reaching across the table, maybe without the sarcasm and a little more patience, and see what might develop? The RSRG membership is probably the most exciting thing to happen in Ufology in a very, very long time. It's a good chance for the field to grow in a better direction and for some "enemies" to maybe see each other as human beings as well.

Well, why run away so quickly when there's so many interesting honest cards suddenly put on the table by Christopher O'Brien and others? What the slides and your team's research is providing is an opportunity for a new level of open dialogue to take place. I've seen and read a lot of your work concerning the Paranormal and UFO's and same for O'Brien. But this isn't about the two of you, but there's this very fascinating discussion taking place across the lines of skeptics, seekers and investigators that is blowing apart all that's wrong with ufology. Why not seize the opportunity and grow this discussion by reaching across the table, maybe without the sarcasm and a little more patience, and see what might develop? The RSRG membership is probably the most exciting thing to happen in Ufology in a very, very long time. It's a good chance for the field to grow in a better direction and for some "enemies" to maybe see each other as human beings as well.

Agreed. It's time we moved on from The Invisible College to The Open Source College.

If you’re not going to stick around for a while then….

Edit: dealing with SME is thoroughly frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back