• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 10, 2015 — Red Pill Junkie with Richard Dolan

Batmmannn,

Seems to me like it would be difficult to prove a number of those charges. How are you going to prove that they went into the enterprise with intent to defraud and deceive? Their defense attorneys would have an easy time proving that they're just dumb and incompetent. The more I think about it, the more I see that a lawsuit is unfeasible.

Here's my take on the Dolan issue - While high praise is deserved for the RSRG group and their fine work, the words on the placard are completely irrelevant to the issue. It's true that the deciphered words on the placard do put a final nail in the coffin - as it were, but there's a more fundamental issue at play here.

Assuming all of the participants had access to the high resolution scans prior to the Be Witness event, there's no logical excuse that can be made for interpreting the details of the photo as anything other than a prosaic photograph of a mummy in a museum. Again, assuming Dolan had access to the photos prior to the show - and even if he had only 10 minutes prior to the show to review the details in the photo, it should have been clearly evident that the picture was that of a mummy in a museum. At that point, he should have pulled out of the show and grabbed a taxi back to the airport. Why didn't he? If he were to be truthful at this point I'm sure he would admit he should have pulled out - even at the last minute if necessary. If Dolan has any chance of regaining respect, he should apologize and call for the promoters of the event to offer refunds to anyone requesting one.

Unfortunately, although I didn't hear this myself, I'm given to understand that on his KGRA radio show last night Dolan stated that 'he would never apologize'. I think Dolan is playing with fire here and will regret not getting out in front of this fiasco - this is career-ending stuff. I can definitively state that I will never purchase any books or materials from anyone involved in this charade and I would encourage everyone else to boycott these people and their products as well.

As for the principle members of the (not so) Dream Team, it's clear they are so biased toward the extraterrestrial as a solution to the Roswell incident that nothing they say, do or write on that subject can be believed. I don't think we'll ever know if their motives were nefarious, but I also don't think there's anything they can say that will justify their actions.

I'm not going to "villify" Dolan for this. He did not create the event he just went along for the ride. If you are an archivist of the UFO phenomenon how can you truly get a better perspective on any breaking news than being there? And if you profess to be of an open mind then cut yourself off from the opportunity to hear evidence than you are just as bad as those blanket debunkers we all laugh at (Phil Klass). If I had the chance to attend on somebody else's nickel I probably would have done it too.
Why doesn't he admit , this is a mummy ?

Just Chiming in here giving my two cents worth. A lot of good points have been made on the form about this. Kind of a no-brainer I guess LOL. It will never cease to fascinate me why people are so desperate to prove that aliens were recovered at Roswell and the "we found a real Bigfoot" types.
What really really bothers me about stuff like this is that when somebody does find something of value about either Roswell or flying saucers of that time. People are just going to simply laugh at "The boy who cried Wolf". I mean did we have enough already with the alien autopsy? I still believe their is stuff out there that may prove someday to be legitimate probably in someone's attic. Probably some insignificant comment in a diary or a letter or something.
For me, I've never cared about "finding" the smoking gun or proving to everybody that it's all real. ("See see it's real we're not crazy naa naa naa") I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that sometime around the time that "Roswell" happened, that strange vehicles were flying around and that it was a real thing based on so many things; the reaction from the government and the consistency of the reports etc. So I don't need proof . I'm interested in more information. I am interested in learning more details and deeper history about all this like, what did the flying discs really look like and how the heck did these things work and where the heck were they from?? Pictures of child mummies do nothing for me in this respect. It's all just another waste of our time.
Anyway good times here on the old form and thank you Red Pill Junkie for your excellent reporting!

Speaking of supposed dead aliens... Where did the idea of the "Grays" with the big eyes come from? Was it Betty Hill or did that start earlier??

Yes, it's unfortunate that he allowed his name to be used to lend credibility to the proceedings but again in order to hear all the evidence he had to show up. I'm Not going to say it was a good decision on his part but he is allowed a mistake or two in judgement. I think he has earned enough good will.

To hear all the evidence he could have stayed at home and watched the live stream...

Re Dolan: I'm puzzled as to how he got his reputation in the first place. Yes, he has a master's degree, and yes, he's very well-spoken. But after all the praise it received, I was quite disappointed with UFOs and the National Security State. Not so much because it was uncritical--historians are supposed to sift through the evidence and separate the chaff from the wheat--but because it was so lackadaisically researched. It seemed to me to be a rehash of secondary sources, not all of them very reliable, put into chronological order and correlated with political events. Where was the original research, archival or by interview? I had the same reaction to volume 2. As far as I can tell, the only original information he's come up with is based on conversations with nameless insiders, who might very well be feeding him disinformation. Let's leave his explicit or tacit endorsement of various questionable and New Agey characters/notions to one side.

I think it's unfair to accuse him of venality for going to Mexico City, though. I'm perfectly willing to believe that he thought there might be something to the slides and wanted to share in the glory, not to mention the spotlight.

The few times I followed his sources in the first volume, I remember seeing that he had not related events in a particularly critical manner. One example was an incident in Oregon, Portland I believe, in the intro to the first volume. More to follow on that. I don't have the book any more.

The second volume was full of wild conspiracies and paranoia. Somewhere in there (again, I sold the book and thus cannot quote you a page number), he cites an anonymous inside source and states that he has reason to believe that due to reverse engineered ET technology some secret "breakaway civilization" had already explored our entire solar system, from Mercury to Saturn and its moons and beyond. What wild, asinine theorizing. There is absolutely no reason to include such stuff in what proclaims itself to be a historical analysis.

And Don Schmitt, isn't this the guy who lied about his credentials a number of years ago? And for some reason people expect more from him than this Roswell Slides stuff?

I wonder if this incident will have any impact at all on their book sales? Does Dolan sell a lot of books, even? If not, I cannot imagine it'd hurt or help, but as I recall Strieber went from bestseller status to very low sales following his alleged fantastical experiences in the 80s.

It seems to me that everyone is gleefully accepting (at face value) what this self-appointed group of slide deniers is supplying to the public in the way of a translation of the placard. Ron Regehr was given a hi-rez TIF version of the placard and was unable to resolve the wording that the slide deniers claim they uncovered. When he used the version they supplied, he was able to re-create their results. Something is wrong w/ this picture! They were able to resolve the image in two days? Hmmm...

OK, I admit it: anything having to do w/ ufology that has Lance Moody and Tony Brasilia involved is beyond being merely suspect in my opinion. Those two (IMO) are nefarious characters bent on raping, pillaging and re-writing ufological history. I don't trust anything that either of them says and I would suggest that the jury is still out on the placard.

Like many of you, I would like all it to be neat, pat, cut 'n dried--let's move on/nothing to see here--but something about how this whole mess is being rendered moot by those two (and their accomplices) doesn't seem completely above board to me. Something doesn't smell quite right about it... Whatever... I'm probably wrong, but...

I don't trust anything that either of them say and I would suggest that the jury is still out!

Good on you, Mr. O'Brien, for having the cojones to take that line when the flow appears to be angry vitriol along contrary lines.

I don't know anything about Lance Moody or Bragalia at all; wasn't there someone with the former name on this message board when I used to post here a long time ago? I suppose I could just search through the member names. Kimball, however -- personally, I like the guy, and though some of what you say may be true about his lust for fame and relevance, I just don't see it in him to do something dishonest, if that's what you're suggesting, and forgive me if it's not. The guy seems to have too much integrity. Perhaps someone here can ask them to show, step by step, from uploading the frame from the original slide to tinkering with it on the computer, how they came to those conclusions? That could be a paracast show, maybe? Bring them on!

Glad to be a listener and poster again.

CBF

Good on you, Mr. O'Brien, for having the cojones to take that line when the flow appears to be angry vitriol along contrary lines.

I don't know anything about Lance Moody or Bragalia at all; wasn't there someone with the former name on this message board when I used to post here a long time ago? I suppose I could just search through the member names. Kimball, however -- personally, I like the guy, and though some of what you say may be true about his lust for fame and relevance, I just don't see it in him to do something dishonest, if that's what you're suggesting, and forgive me if it's not. The guy seems to have too much integrity. Perhaps someone here can ask them to show, step by step, from uploading the frame from the original slide to tinkering with it on the computer, how they came to those conclusions? ...
They've already done this, but I question what image they have used to come up w/ the results. Ron tried it w/ a bonfide version (a hi-rez TIFF) he got from Schmidt & Carey and was unable to duplicate the debunker's results. What's wrong w/ this picture? And how could they do this in a mere two days when Tom and Don had several years to work it out. This whole scenario doesn't make sense IMO.

They've already done this, but I question what image they have used to come up w/ the results. Ron tried it w/ a bonfide version (a hi-rez TIFF) he got from Schmidt & Carey and was unable to duplicate the debunker's results. What's wrong w/ this picture? And how could they do this in a mere two days when Tom and Don had several years to work it out. This whole scenario doesn't make sense IMO.

You might want to go read David Rudiak's comments today on Kevin Randle's blog:

Blogger: A Different Perspective - Post a Comment

He was able to duplicate the results of the RSRG group. There have been several other folks in the comments section that have also been successful deblurring the image sufficiently to read the words on the placard. My understanding is that they are using the high-resolution scan provided on the slideboxmedia web site as the source image.

1) The version Schmitt and Carey supplied was doctored.
2) Kimball and his group doctored their version.
3) Ron is missing something in his analysis.

I don't know much about Schmitt and Carey; UFOwatchdog made me pretty distrustful of Schmitt. Say what you will about Kimball, but I don't see him being a dishonest guy. In fact, he seems very honest, and he obviously cares about the truth, even if he is lustful for fame and relevance. Perhaps number three is the most likely, then?

But hell; I'm no expert. I am actually sitting in an armchair as we speak, a very comfortable one, writing this post. I have not done a day of actual UFO research in my life; I've just read the books guys like you write.

I still think it's all bogus. From the very first moment I saw it, and all of the others I work with to whom I've shown it -- they almost all say, without my prompting, that it is a museum piece. Kimball and Co's analyses has presumptive validity on its side, and that's a pretty strong force.

CBF

Last edited:
Why so soft on Dolan ?

All about the bottom line. The Paracast needs people like Dolan in the same way he needs to keep paying the bills by associating himself with this Mexican huckster, dolts like Linda Howe, and all the tards at KRGA. It's really interesting how Dolan plays this idiotic situation all the way to end with the hopes of coming out clean in the end, well that didn't work out.

Chris I implore you to look beyond the personalities of those involved and look at the multiple replications of the deciphering of the placard.

I've seen no deception on the part of RSRG folks (watching and participating limitedly) as a member of the fb group; just a hard core attempt at figuring out the clues present in what limited "evidence" that Dew/SlideboxMedia, the "Dream Team", Dolan Inc., and Massaum Media Empire have let out over the last 3 years - or rather the dribs and drabs they let out post-CincoDeMayoFiasco.

Anybody can duplicate the result right now, easily, for free.

Download the free trial of SmartDeblur (SmartDeblur - Download ) Make sure to download the "pro" version.

Download the placard image FROM SLIDEBOX MEDIA (http://slideboxmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/placard-TEXT1.jpg)

Then import the custom Blur Model (http://www.roswellslides.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/placard-TEXT1crop_KERNEL0.13051.png)

Here's a video of the step by step. (
)

I just did this myself with the pic from Slidebox and was able to get it work without a problem.
This is the one I just did:

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 10.30.24 PM.png

Back