• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 2nd Show - Dorothy Izatt

Free episodes:

lotusland said:
"Saturday I'm going to show something special that has never been out . . . families of beings, aliens, getting on their ship," said Izatt.

Question for those of you who have seen the latest documentary: are there pictures of these beings getting on their ship??? Was this included?

I'm kicking myself for having missed this event at the Planetarium. It's highly doubtful that she'll be doing another one.
Le sigh...

lotusland said:
So she went out and bought a Keystone XL 200 Super-8 movie camera, and started filming. Twenty-seven years later, she has 500 home movies she says capture the strange phenomena she sees most everywhere she goes: flashes of light, squiggly lines that look like "neon spaghetti," and round dealies that look like mini-planets.

without going back and watching the videos and listening to the podcast again, i had the distinct impression it was her husbands camera which she borrowed to start filming

certainly that camera doesnt seem capable of easily doing a single frame over exposure

http://www.city-net.com/~fodder/keystone/s8cam.html

is there a way to tell from the film whether it came from this camera or not. ie if you could prove the film was exposed inside that model of camera then hoaxing the images becomes much harder

"Twenty-seven years later, she (Izatt) has 500 home movies she says capture the strange phenomena she sees most everywhere she goes"

Dorothy mentioned that she saw them while vacationing as well. This really points to a phenomenon of person, rather than place. That, coupled with the fact that not everyone can see them when they are pointed out, suggests that the nature of the phenomenon is tied to the consciousness perceiving it.

And that leads to the question of the nature of reality itself.

Second sight, or the ability to get glimpses of information from the spirit world, or next world, or ethereal, is often associated with Celtic peoples, such as the Irish, Welsh, Britons, and the like. It may well be an attribute of other peoples, such as American Indians, but I don't know as much about those groups.

Anyway, I think it's likely that those who can see what Dorothy sees likely have a measure of second sight.

I've also heard a variation of this called paroptic vision, which I suspect is much the same. I believe new age thought holds that paroptic vision sees into the ethereal/astral/whathaveyou by use of the third eye/pineal gland. I think it's more likely that paroptic vision, the ability to see the otherwise invisible world and its inhabitants, is tied to the minds eye and imagination.

Bhuddists hold that the imagination is a sense, just like the other five senses. The imagination, which I think is tied with the conscious, is tied with our ability to visualize and "make things up," but that does not mean that all imaginary things are made up. Indeed, some are quite real, and independant of us.

I'll stop. This post is long enough.

Very interesting thread. Thanks for sharing!

Jeff R., I can't wait to hear your mp3.

May I predict something? Your next encounter with "it" will be very different from your previous experiences. Relax and let it happen.

You have probably seen this before, but this experiment shows that "reality" is a very subjective thing. My wife and I look at the dancer (follow the link), but we don't see her turn in the same direction. Our brain structure does influence how we perceive reality. It is only logical that not everybody can see our "visitors", even when they're 3 feet from you.

http://info.break.com/static/live/v1/pages/brain/brain.html

All is One - Deny arrogance

swatcher said:
You have probably seen this before, but this experiment shows that "reality" is a very subjective thing. My wife and I look at the dancer (follow the link), but we don't see her turn in the same direction. Our brain structure does influence how we perceive reality. It is only logical that not everybody can see our "visitors", even when they're 3 feet from you.

http://info.break.com/static/live/v1/pages/brain/brain.html

Whoah! That thing messes with me, I see it going one way, then a minute later the other.

Miah said:
Whoah! That thing messes with me, I see it going one way, then a minute later the other.

You have to make a concious descision. Thing is I know how that sort of image is created so I know it's not really relevant to the direction of spin.

heres another, watch the clip and tell me how many times the ball being used by the people in white shirts gets bounced, not passed.

how many times does the ball being used by the people in white shirts get bounced

watch the clip once and post the number

http://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/grafs/demos/15.html

I only saw once.

Saw a 2nd bounce the 2nd time, guy turned away from cam to do it.

EDIT: Mike, got your PM...that's some funny shit!

Chuckleberryfinn said:
swatcher said:
"reality" is a very subjective thing.

False. Reality is entirely objective. Only our experience of reality is subjective.

Don't fall into the relativism trap. Your brain will turn to shit very fast.

Thank you for your concern re my brain matter. You would be surprised what a brain really smells like ...

I respect your perception of "reality", but I would respectfully disagree.

swatcher said:
[I respect your perception of "reality", but I would respectfully disagree.

seriously how many times was the ball in "control" of the white shirts bounced , as opposed to passed ? i will pm you with one final question if you answer this question

watch the clip once, and count how many times people wearing white shirts bounce the ball, the pass's dont count only how mant times the people wearing white shirts actually bounce the ball

post the number here and i will PM you the second part of the xperiment

Miah said:
I only saw once.

Saw a 2nd bounce the 2nd time, guy turned away from cam to do it.

EDIT: Mike, got your PM...that's some funny shit!

Thanks Miah, any one else want in ?

just post how many times you saw the ball bounced by people wearing white shirts, ill pm you with the second part of the experiment

ArizonaWill,

I regret that you don't have time for "sophistic" arguments. It would have been fun to discuss epistemic accessibility or even phenomenological "realities" with you.

mike said:
heres another, watch the clip and tell me how many times the ball being used by the people in white shirts gets bounced, not passed.

how many times does the ball being used by the people in white shirts get bounced

watch the clip once and post the number

I saw 9 bounces :)

Thanks Mate
i couldnt find the same sequence from sleek geeks, but this one works just as well
and hes right i could ask how many times they pass the ball instead of bounce it.
but just for the sake of the argument its a bounce this time round

if you really want you can post how many times the people in white shirts pass the ball

swatcher said:
Chuckleberryfinn said:
swatcher said:

False. Reality is entirely objective. Only our experience of reality is subjective.

Thank you for your concern re my brain matter. You would be surprised what a brain really smells like ...

If you really believe what you're saying about the fundamental subjectivity of external reality, you've got no business disagreeing with anyone about anything.

So, tell me. It's a matter of objective fact that reality is entirely subjective, is it? Can you spell out for me exactly how that works?

Chuckleberryfinn said:
swatcher said:
Chuckleberryfinn said:
swatcher said:

If you really believe what you're saying about the fundamental subjectivity of external reality, you've got no business disagreeing with anyone about anything.

So, tell me. It's a matter of objective fact that reality is entirely subjective, is it? Can you spell out for me exactly how that works?

I'd love to discuss "reality" with you. Before I do so, I need to know how you define the term. May I also suggest that this may derail this particular thread a bit :)

Back