• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 2nd Show - Dorothy Izatt

Free episodes:

jritzmann said:
MP3 link...sorry about the first one, said it'd be up a day at least. Just checked this one and it's all go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c5x0gwgynd2

Jeff,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your taking the time to do so. I hope that your conversation with Dorothy will add another piece to the puzzle.

PS: "It" didn't turn down the volume on your computer, "it" has the ability to change/influence your perception. I'm convinced that the dB output of the device stayed the same. Silly little detail, but a pointer to how "it" operates.

Re "new age crap" and "positive thinking".

For all you naysayers out there, what is the alternative to positive thinking? I only see benefit in following that practice.

Thanks Arizona Will for saying some of what I felt about the positive thinking extremist's.

May I also say that if any of you have been abducted and told that it was your fault becuase of how you perceived or felt about the world or the experience, you might understand better our position better.

ArizonaWill said:
But again, don't ever slip into what I call being a New Age "Bliss Ninny", someone who floats through the day blissfully ignoring the suffering around her because it might "bring her down". Then positive thinking just becomes selfishness.

LMAO...nah that would be a bit much. All I'm really talking about is keeping your head when things get crazy.

Thanx Will-although really it's not so much work as it is the condition of the economy and general inflation of living.

I'm more interested in "letting go" of certain aspects of anger, and fear. Some anger is good, and some fear is preservation...as ya said living in a la-la land where everything is rosy isn't living in reality. I wonder though if I should be concentrating more on...I dunno...pinpointing certain things like fear as it applies to the experience, as well as getting rid of the "flinch factor" to seeing phenomena. My first reaction is always to back away or get out of the situation.

ArizonaWill said:
BRAVO! For such arm chair theorists to infer that abductions are negative because the "victim" has a bad attitude about life is really facile.

I'm curious why you think it shallow, as thats exactly how I've been thinking. If you've never tried it in another direction....then how do you know any different.

Jeff,
I have not read or heard how you plan on changing your interactions with the phenomenon. I think it is a very good tool to be able to stay calm under extreme circumstances. With that said I am very skeptical as to how this will change the nature of the experience.

I understand the theory behind it. I even have a BA in psychology. I have not however seen any correlation among how calm, positve or negative I am before, during or after an expereience and the nature of the experience. The only aspect of the phenomenon I am able to control at all is to force myself to full consciousness during an episode. That only temporarily stops the experience.

This is just one person's experience and should not be aplied to all cases. So good luck also.

ArizonaWill said:
jritzmann said:
Thanx Will-although really it's not so much work as it is the condition of the economy and general inflation of living.

I'm more interested in "letting go" of certain aspects of anger, and fear. Some anger is good, and some fear is preservation...as ya said living in a la-la land where everything is rosy isn't living in reality. I wonder though if I should be concentrating more on...I dunno...pinpointing certain things like fear as it applies to the experience, as well as getting rid of the "flinch factor" to seeing phenomena. My first reaction is always to back away or get out of the situation.

Well, as you know, the great grandpa of abduction, Whitley Strieber, has written a great deal about his supposed journey through terror and fear to attempting to respond to experiences calmly. He admits it is a difficult thing to do because there seems an inherent human instinctual aversion to "the visitors" that is at times so over the top that the normal ego mind is temporarily lost, and you find yourself almost on a purely animal level of survival, like a fox surrounded by a pack of hungry wolves. If the fox becomes calm and confident, do the wolves transform into cuddly golden retrievers? I find that hard to believe, but Whitley's books have explored that very topic. How do you just let go of fear? Easy to say. Breath deeply, feel the fear and call upon a spiritual entity of your choice for help and strength? One time I was in an experiencer situation at 3 a.m and I was in great pain from my own fear. I prayed to God to help me and take away this debilitating fear. In that one case, the fear vanished. I did feel calm and safe. Nonetheless, the experience still continued, and I woke up the next morning with the same bruises on both arms, and deep hairline cuts around my eyes and down my face that miraculously healed before going to work, and deep fatigue, as if I had really been awake much of the night. God help me never to go back to that. Vaeni can shake his booty like a senile Zen Master if he wants, channeling some unknown energy. He can invite the paranormal so he has something to speak/write about. I'm just happy to walk my dog and have a normal bowel movement, thank you very much.

excellent point, i saw an article last night about an indian rhino here at sydneys zoo. it had orginaly come from the tokyo zoo.
it had bad eye infections and needed vet care.
so the vet loads up a rifle with a knockout dart..........

as the vet and keeper wander off , the keeper says "as soon as he see that (the riflle) he'll know somethings up"

it struck me that even though the animal was fairly tame and used to being handled, the "procedure" always involved a rifle.
no matter how tame an animal of that physical potential is, it wouldnt matter if it had "learned" to be as docile as a bunny, we would shoot it with the rifle no matter what, with all that implys in terms of how that looks from the rhino's pov.

once it was down it had its eye sockets "probed" with instruments and fingers, looking for sources of the problem like grass seeds etc.

perhaps like the rhino our mental perspective and any reaction including fear is not a really a factor in the overall process.

what is significant to the rhino is that he wakes up home alone everytime......eventually. and if medically possible, better off than he was before though he may not realise it.

thats no comfort for the rhino when he sees the riffle approaching, which according to the keeper he does.
the procedure is just as much to ensure the animals safety as it is the "keepers", and you can draw some relative motives from the results, ie "good" in the rhinos case. all its life its known the rifle and what it portends, but it always wakes up in its expected environment, one could say the keepers are doing good in that respect. does this gives us a clue about the keepers as a species ? are they good bad or neutral ?. well the rhino wakes up back home in his enclosure doesnt he ?

but last nights lamb chop didnt

trying to find the truth abouts its "keepers" alignment good or bad is simply impossible for the rhino to do outside of its own relationship with them

Thanks Will,
and i think theres a postive we can take from the rhinos story,
that in its case, its genetic value was in keeping it alive and healthy.

the process does involve some terror and abduction on the rhinos part, but the fact that its alive after the incident is significant.

as long as you dont wind up a lamp chop, your ahead in the game
a principle in play in every eco system on the planet

Jeff, thanks for taking the time to post your MP3. I find your experiences really fascinating. I'm sorry that these events are so terrifying and painful for you. The real question is, what is the thread that connects all experiencers to one another. Are these phenomena instigated by "others", or are individuals somehow subconsciously, "conjuring" them up?

Btw, I hope you are able to find some video footage of your experiences.

Well, I'd have had some good footage today if I'd have taken my Hi-8 with me like I did last night. My wife and I walked out of the house at 5:30 or so today to see a spherical UFO right in front of the house, moving slowly east. White pearl-ish color. When I told her to go get the cam, the second she got to the door, it started a upward movement and either sped away in direct line with my vision or literally shrunk into a speck and disappeared.

This time, unlike the past 2, was undeniable. I looked right at it for more then a few seconds, and never took my eyes off it. I watched it disappear right there in front of me. No tumble, no balloon knot bump or lump, nothing but a perfect sphere. Not a cloud in the sky. It was also ridiculously windy, and this thing was NOT moving with it.

I knew I should have picked up the cam. I wouldn't have gotten much, but I'd have gotten something.

Thats 3.

BTW, Will, no blogs for me. I'd rather concentrate on a podcast.

You need to learn how to psychicly shield yourself, so you can deal with these manifestation from a position of safety.

The fact that these astral entities are powerful enough to become physible to your wife as well as yourself suggest that they are not to be messed with indiscriminately.

The entity's motifvations for harrassing you are harder to understand. Maybe someone wiser than me knows. For whatever reason--parasitism, entertainment, loniless, whatever--these beings love to interract with humans. Specifically, they like to interract with humans who can see them. Ghost, or post human astral entities, are much the same in this regard.

I'm not advising this, but if it were me I'd yell at them and tell them to leave me alone, if that's what I wanted, in no uncertain terms.

jritzmann said:
ArizonaWill said:
BRAVO! For such arm chair theorists to infer that abductions are negative because the "victim" has a bad attitude about life is really facile.

I'm curious why you think it shallow, as thats exactly how I've been thinking. If you've never tried it in another direction....then how do you know any different.

This is a strange subject that I think alot about, because it seems to have so many layers and meanings.

Consider something like a war... the people participating in it could learn incredible insights about themselves that would be nearly impossible to learn otherwise. What do you really care about in your core? Where are your true limits? That sort of stuff.

But even though much can be potentially learned from it, anyone normal person would consider a war to be a unambiguously negative thing.

Even still, wars happen, and the attitude of the person who has been subjected to such a thing for whatever reason will have an impact on the person they become when they emerge from the other end.

Looking at all this one still can't help but think that, all things considered, the good that might be extracted from a war does not measure up to the negative that it brings into the world. Sometimes I feel that way about this non-human intervention in the world.

And then again, if this life on earth is not all there is, then being placed in a circumstance that happens to be the only circumstance that allows one to learn is ultimately a positive thing.

Life is just wacky and convoluted. I guess the moral of the story for me is that one should have the proper positive attitude, regardless of whether the world is ultimately positive or negative, because it allows you to best benefit from your circumstances whatever they happen to be.

Hey I'm already writing a book...thats enough typing for someone who doesn't type worth a damn as it is.

As far as whats goin' on, I don't know how I feel about it. As long as it stay at a distance for now, I'm ok I guess. I don't think there's a single act thats going to open the floodgates...more along the lines of continuing my present actions of being involved at all.

Jeff,
Is writing about your experiences helping your distress of the the events any? Have long lost memoriess been emerging also? Good luck in facing your demons so to speak.

I would very much hope that anyone with a lick of UFO interest and some $$$ would.. if they get the chance, go to meet Mrs Izatt and help her archive and restore her footage. It would be a terrible shame, if she actually does have some clear footage of visitors or their craft, if it were to be confiscated by the military or deteriorate beyond restoration. Screw any potential personality conflicts, what a useless trifle.. I personally find her case compelling enough that if I had the money I would attempt to investigate, alas I have little.

Ally said:
Jeff,
Is writing about your experiences helping your distress of the the events any? Have long lost memoriess been emerging also? Good luck in facing your demons so to speak.

Helping? Not really.

Memories? Yeah some stuff I remembered that I'd forgotten to write about. My wife is helping me recall some things...little things. All the main stuff I remember unfortunately, quite well.

Thanx.

"At this point, I really perceive that Jeff wants to open the door again. And he's a bright guy and has hopefully considered all sides (not just relying on The Clueless One for guidance on this, for example)."

No fears, Will. I'm no guide, just a friend.

Not sure if I want to or not. So far at this point I'm curious...but only because things have been quick, and/or distant. If it'd stay that way awhile, I might be willing to go further.

Back