• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 2nd Show - Dorothy Izatt

Miah

Skilled Investigator
I just started listening to this show, and it already sounds like a C2C show. Immediately saying "alien beings from another planet" and "they aren't gray, they're tope". He even said he thinks their angels! :rolleyes:

I hope he gets nailed down by the end of the show.

Here is the Unsolved Mysteries episode on Dorothy Izatt, go to 1:23 in:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6689196820356094135&q=%22Unsolved+Mysteries%22+UFO&total=32&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

I also hope the comparison is made to the video from Stephenville which look identical to me:
http://www.ufocasebook.com/caronvideo.html

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rget1sv0O60

I thought the show was very interesting. I want to hear more of her story.

David was talking about bringing jeff with him to meet her in person and use some better equipment/cameras to capture these lights and ships. I hope they make the trip.

I somewhat agree. It all sounds too trusting. I have not really seen the videos, but it all sounds really vague.

Thought: Gutilla "sounds" like Boyd Bushman! The voice is very similar and the demeanor is a bit close in that Gutilla also exhibits some minor arrogance at anyone either not understanding him or having the gall to question him.

I added a link to the Unsolved Mysteries episode on her story, will clarify a lot about the story if you have not seen it.

*** Best Paracast Ever ***

At first I was like, whatever.... Figured the show would go south. Perhaps a Dr. Bruce Goldberg throwaway episode. NOPE. If two people,who I have a grown to respect in this "field", are that interested in the footage I get excited. When David revealed Jeff's reaction I got goosebumps. Sorta, omfg, creepy moment there.

Ok, maybe I'm being a bit of a fanboi here but this show was tops. Great work guys.

Where can I sign up for this field trip? :p

Absorbing show, gents. Many thanks.
Peter Gutilla seemed defensive and ill-tempered but mellowed as the discussion progressed (pissed off with Vallee, eh ?! Do tell.)
Will we ever see the ceiling footage and the daylight craft I wonder.

This "buy the DVD" stuff and the slick trailers for it feels off-putting. Will Mrs Izatt profit directly from the sales and if so, does that not damage her credibility?
I did cheer when David offered to go and visit Mrs Izatt. He and Jeff will do an excellent job, I'm sure, and I can't wait to hear their findings.

BTW, Capturing the Light (trailer 2) on YouTube features the weird kitchen-window light incident that David talked about (at least I think it's the incident he was referring to).
It appears (very) briefly at 57 seconds when the lady says "they're here!" http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywSMAnwvBw

A good reason to donate to the show, methinks. Let the research funds flood in!

Since there are two threads on this show, I will crosspost.

"Call me disagreeable, but I was disappointed by this episode. The evidence may be compelling (I haven't see it yet), but Peter Guttilla seemed evasive, full of obfuscation, claims he wouldn't follow up on, and a name dropper. I've dealt with folks with senile dementia for years now, and his argumentative and equivocative stance reminded me of that.

Further, he also tried his best to enforce himself as a co-experiencer, and work himself into the story, and he made bald, sweeping claims such as inventing the idea of human looking aliens, essentially nordics.

Even furthermore, if you say you have a problem with a well known scholar, such as Vallee, then you had better be able to say why. Saying that you have trouble with someone, and THEN taking the high ground, is just a simple way of equating your standing with theirs. In other words, it's to elevate the speaker. My BS detector had been going off for a while with this Peter guy, but this pretty much sealed it.

So, sorry to be contrarian, but this was not a good episode imo. Whether the information was good or not was hidden by a difficult guest."

the hosts as usual did a great job of a difficult situation, but as soon as someone mentions "angels" i tend to shudder.
the Doctor character in ST Voyager is a being "made of light" but hes not "spiritual" in nature. arrrgh

what we really need is Mr Spock to do the research, but then would you trust an alien hybrid ?

none the less the story should be followed up. i too had never heard about this case

thanks again to the Paracast for keeping me in the loop and up to date

Dave & Jeff:

If you go and investigate and these light beings show up and you get that overpowering feeling of love and they say a bunch of angelic-sounding stuff...Will you trust it? If not, will you call bullshit on the beings then and there or just keep it to yourself?

good point,valiens

i think the hosts views on the photos warrants further research and gene and david have the mental objectivness to really help clarify whats actually happening in this case

pursue your passion gentlemen

Great show...

It still sounded a bit BMish but, I haven’t seen any of the videos. I concur with the creepy moment when you talked about Jeff’s response to the one video clip.

I guarantee there is no video of beings coming through the roof. Every time you pressed Frank on the video he changed the subject. He was a bit suspect.

I liked Peter though... He wasn't ever defensive, but more like... you get what you get.

I think you guys really need to follow up on this... I have never heard of this case before which intrigues me even more, since I am from western Canada.

Again, great show.

David/Jeff,

If you visit Izatt, I'd be interested to know which specific pieces of gear you plan to take and would also be interested to hear a bit of the rationale behind each choice. Any chance of obtaining a stereo video camera for the trip?

Ask Vallee if Bigelow can chip in to rent some really high end gear. :D

I don't think it's fair to judge Dorothy Izatt's experience, based solely on Peter's second hand accounts. The real proof will be found in careful analysis of the photos. Has Bruce Macabee ever looked into this case?

It is odd that she and her family wouldn't have put their best photos on the DVD to give her story more credibilty.

So I'm looking over the specs of Super 8 film cameras, and it seems like there were models that allowed a single frame of film to be exposed.

Hmmmmmmm..................

The plot thickens.

dB

David Biedny said:
So I'm looking over the specs of Super 8 film cameras, and it seems like there were models that allowed a single frame of film to be exposed.

The plot thickens.

dB

Didn't Peter say that she was tested by researchers using other cameras and that the phenomenon showed up in those films as well? I'm really surprised that no one in her family owns a digital camera. They're so cheap these days.

David Biedny said:

The plot thickens.

dB

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6689196820356094135&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

1:28:44 in this vid, looks like a series of "4"'s across the frame

my first thought is single frame over exposure with the camera jiggled
im no expert on cameras but thats my gut reaction

Argghhh ... I have a baad feeling about this one. I'll be happy when and if David and/or Jeff meet Mrs Izatt and have some experiences of some sort with her. I think that will have a lot of bearing (for me) on whether or not something is happening around her or not.

Otherwise I think I'm going go with my gut feeling and sit on the fence for this one ... vaguely teetering off to the 'uh-oh hoax alert' side :D. I felt there there was a lot of obfuscation going on (definitely by Gutilla, not so much from Frank Longo who is new to the field and seemed ok to me) ... and I came away from the podcast feeling ... well not very good about the whole thing, really.

Anyway ... we shall see.

Oh and nice to see DB mention the Kaikoura case from here in little ol' New Zealand. I remember first seeing that on one of the Arthur C Clarke programmes many years ago. Kaikoura is only a short journey north-ish from here in Christchurch ... so its almost in my neck of the woods :p ... little did I think that one I would be so near to such a well known UFO case ... its a small world :p

Two things:

1. Researchers have wondered if some phenomenom could be channelled (like the old spiritualists) with one or more of the observers being the medium(s). This sounds like it skews that way if it's not a hoax.

2. It was interesting that she said they came through the ceiling. I never heard that before...but I saw it. As a small child I was very sick in the hospital and I saw someone come through the ceiling. I assumed (and still assume) I was delirious due to the sickness. But it is interesting to note.

~Foo Fighter~

As you all now, I put up a comment yesterday, about the fact that SOME Super 8 cameras can expose single frames of film.

I spent some considerable time on the phone with Jeff R. last night, after I posted that message, and we came to the conclusion that it was virtually impossible for this fact to have any impact on the veracity of Dorothy's claims. Jeff and I realize that the fact (or so we assume, as we have not personally handled or seen any of the film ourselves) is that the lights are perfectly lined up in the two frames on either side of the "burst" frames. We feel that this would rule out the idea that Dorothy COULD have faked her amazing footage.

Well, I woke up this morning to a long email from Frank Longo, questioning my motives regarding the posting of my comment, and has informed me that he will not allow me or Jeff to have any access to Dorothy.

I have invited Frank to join the conversation here and make his thoughts known.

We shall see what happens.

dB

Back