• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 27th show 2011

From the sounds of it, I don't think Chris shares your opinion of the guest being a "dolt" as he spent most of the episode praising his work. I wonder if Chris changed his opinion by the end of the show, as the guest became unhinged.

Good point, but please let me interject here. I don't necessarily mean the guy is a "dolt" in the complete sense of the word, just in the context of his utter lack of evidential proof, his bad social behavior, and most importantly, his attitude toward utilizing hallucinogens for further study into a scientific platform.

He might be an intelligent and very "un-dolty" man, but it sure didn't show this in the broadcast.

Good point, but please let me interject here. I don't necessarily mean the guy is a "dolt" in the complete sense of the word, just in the context of his utter lack of evidential proof, his bad social behavior, and most importantly, his attitude toward utilizing hallucinogens for further study into a scientific platform.

He might be an intelligent and very "un-dolty" man, but it sure didn't show this in the broadcast.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I agree that he came off sounding like a fool, especially at the end when he started thinking that the hum of the interference was something else. Oh yeah, and the truther stuff.

Double Nought, Good points. I am reminded of the late, great Joseph Campbell in his book, "The Hero's Journey".  The one direction that they tell the "hero" not to go, (usually in mythology it is North), he ends up going.  It is that need to learn that overcomes our fears that makes us transcend the common. Hopefully, it isn't responsible for the many that cannot take it, and commit, or are committed.

i am proud to be a "truther". someone has to care about all those lost lives.
It is pathetic that some here believe the official 9/11 commission report. Angelo, read the whole thing and get back to me when you get to the part about WTC 7 collapsing and also the testimony from Norman Minetta.

i am proud to be a "truther". someone has to care about all those lost lives.
It is pathetic that some here believe the official 9/11 commission report. Angelo, read the whole thing and get back to me when you get to the part about WTC 7 collapsing and also the testimony from Norman Minetta.

No thanks Pixelsmith. Discussing these topics with you is a waste of time. I've read enough on it to know that there was no controlled demolition.

I would prefer that we stick to discussing this week's guest. If you want to start yet another Truther thread, go right ahead, but I don't want this thread derailed as often happens when this topic comes up.

Thanks.

Now how 'bout them alien transmitters? It sounds a lot like what Sammy Hagar described about his experience.

Now how 'bout them alien transmitters? It sounds a lot like what Sammy Hagar described about his experience.
LOL, yeah, Sammy caught the aliens in a middle of a "download."

I wonder if the RIAA will sue what ever aliens were responsible? ;)

Did anyone notice Sammy came out with that at the same time his book did?

Damn, where's that buzzing coming from...?

No thanks Pixelsmith. Discussing these topics with you is a waste of time. I've read enough on it to know that there was no controlled demolition.

I would prefer that we stick to discussing this week's guest. If you want to start yet another Truther thread, go right ahead, but I don't want this thread derailed as often happens when this topic comes up.

Thanks.

This weeks guest brought 9/11 up. If you can't handle a discussion on 9/11, well... just go away. It is that simple.

Or... maybe you can give a list of accepted topics from each guest that we are allowed to discuss.

Yeah, and it was right up there with mentioning David Icke as far as his credibility with adults is concerned. The only reason I listened all the way through was in the vain hope I would hear something interesting on the subject of Secret Underground Bases. You know, the subject of his book and the thing he was invited on the show to talk about?

I'm a lot less irritated than I was after listening. The book got lots of praise and I am sure it is worth reading. The poor guy has lost his way, it seems, and I hope he gets it together. Still, I am disappointed he wouldn't discuss his research into the subject of his book. I went into the interview thinking I'd hear some good reasons to get hold of a copy of his book and read it. The opposite happened.

This weeks guest brought 9/11 up. If you can't handle a discussion on 9/11, well... just go away. It is that simple.

Or... maybe you can give a list of accepted topics from each guest that we are allowed to discuss.

You're right, he did bring it up - I just don't want this thread to become derailed.

He does sound a tad bit off. It's not uncommon for brilliant people to slip into insanity. I hope he comes through this rabbit hole better and wiser for it.
I've talked with people who have done Ayahuasca and find bizarre similarities in their tales... it does make me wonder about this ritual.

Lance your reference to a game was not discussed by the guest, please check with Angelo for a list of acceptable topics you can discuss here. Thank you for your cooperation. :p

I read one of Mr Sauder's books on underground (and undersea) bases, and found it really engrossing, and I'd also heard a previous interview (Binnall, maybe? I can't remember) so I was very excited for this show. Sadly, I found it kind of dissapointing. As mentioned, the guest seemed both kind of unfocused and also cranky.

The whole "secret underground bases" thing is one of my favorite subjects ever and I was hoping for a bunch of juicy details.
:frown:

He said start another thread; As a moderator it is his duty to keep the subject of the thread as close to the directed subject matter as possible. Even though the Guest mentioned 9/11, I would think there's a plethora of crap we can find to discuss on this guy instead of hashing over that terrible day. From what I heard he wasn't there, had nothing to do with it, and quite frankly, was probably stoned out of his mind somewhere in the jungle dancing with the fey that day instead.

He said start another thread; As a moderator it is his duty to keep the subject of the thread as close to the directed subject matter as possible. Even though the Guest mentioned 9/11, I would think there's a plethora of crap we can find to discuss on this guy instead of hashing over that terrible day. From what I heard he wasn't there, had nothing to do with it, and quite frankly, was probably stoned out of his mind somewhere in the jungle dancing with the fey that day instead.

I do not want to start another 9/11 thread, they tend to get closed by thread nazis... or I get banned. There really isn't much else to discuss about this guy. IMO, He said a lot about nothing.

I knew there was something going on with my energy!
To bad he didn't tell us how to unplug from the energy sucking machines.

P.S. I finally caught a glimpse of Chris on Ancient Aliens :)
I caught Chris on Ancient Aliens couple weeks ago, I'd found the documentary on Youtube, downloaded and assembled it in a single MP4 movie file to put on my iPad :)

PS. As to the guest while I was listening the episode I had a strong suspicious that he was abducted or about to be abducted...

Paracast forum newbie here. I've been listening for a while and recently caught the Richard Sauders performance. His mentioning of the Ayahuasca ritual reminded me of an essay by Michael Harner, I read years ago. It was in a book called Shamans through Time.
Harner mentions his experience with the Conibi Indians of eastern Peru. They allowed him to experience the drug, and in the essay he describes seeing and conversing with some not-so-friendly dragon entities. The tried to intimidate him saying they were our masters, and we belonged to them, etc. He exited the experience somewhat confused, and got a little shaken when shown some biblical text that seemed to describe the beings and their nature. So he went to the village shaman to get his take on the whole thing.
The shaman dismissed his concerns saying "They are always saying that....they are only masters of the outer darkness."

Listening the Saunders, talk about the AI "master of the universe", I couldn't help but think he should have been more skeptical of his experience. If they are in charge, why do they have to tell us this is so? Maybe he should have responded with a "Sez you."

If he is using this "revelation" as a base for his world view, then everything he runs across will feed the distortion.

I have no problem brutally dismantling the absurd claims of the moronic truthers. I (and others) have done it here on these forums and I refer anyone to those threads where you will see the way truthers pitifully try to argue their "case".

You sure never did that to me here. Neither has anyone else in fact.

In my mind he's a candidate for one of the worst guests ever.

I have to agree. I tried to listen to the show, but could only get about half way. It was one too many "gene, let me finish", only to have him go on not saying anything worth while.

And that weird noise was from someone having a cell phone too close to audio equipment. I'm guessing it was the guest.

Like alot of people discussing this show i was put off after about 20mins with the constant radio interference. However I pressed on in the hope that I would hear something worthwhile, only to be left with the vague sensation that I'd been short changed. Sauder appears to have had a humour bypass at some point which didn't help, espically when Chris jokingly referred to the ayawaska mosquito invading the line, and alot of his argument appeared to be based his own interpretations of Congressional Funding reports. While i don't doubt that alot of the black budget does end up being spent on ultra secret weapons instead of something useful like a half decent space programme or maybe a few hospitals and proper investment in education, to make the leap to secret underground bases housing mind control programmes under the auspices of an alien race/ giant nintendo seems a bit far fetched.

Still, if every episode of the paracast was safe half of us wouldn't listen would we?

Back