• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 11, 2012 - Scott Alan Roberts

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
Awesome show !

Floods: they are a planetary phenomenon and a proof of the earths dynamic nature. Is a global scale flood possible? Not sure it's a good idea to link all the similar stories together.

Global Flood Map | World Wide Map of Potential Flooding

There are only so many ways the human mind can describe floods, tsunamis... and the causes are many, earthquakes, natural barrier collapse... etc. Watching a 100 feet wall of water destroy your town and everyone you know from a vantage point will surely leave deep scars for the rest of the life of the survivors. The morale of the all these stories rippling down generations is more like a warning to societies living near large bodies of water... be prepared ;)

Natural barrier collapse:
Outburst flood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tsunami:

One of the best shows ever !!

Scott Alan Roberts is to ancient alien theory what Richard Doland is to modern ufology.

I enjoyed Scott's discussion of the Nephilim enigma, and I must also congratulate him and Micah hanks for the new Intrepid blog, which is rapidly filling with a lot of good Fortean articles.

Having said this, I must admit I had one caveat during the show: I almost groaned when Scotty mentioned how "scientists are still trying to find the missing link". It's fine if we want to speculate about possible interventions in our species' genetic evolution, but we as members of the Fortean community should be mindful about not using expressions that take us back to the times of the infamous Scopes "monkey trial."

Evolutionists are NOT looking for the so-called 'missing link' because there IS no missing link to look for. That's an expression favored among the media and people with Creationists inclinations. The theory of Evolution does not point a discernible moment when a specimen of one given species mutates or evolves to become part of another species.

If you want me to produce the missing link between the common ancestor of modern apes and Homo Sapiens, first you have to indicate to me the EXACT moment when you stopped being a child to become an adolescent ;)

FORA.tv - Richard Dawkins Talks with Henry Finder

PS: No, I'm not a fan of Dawkins. He strikes me as extremely arrogant in his disdain for religion. But he does make great points when it comes to his actual field of expertise ;)

wasn't what i was hoping for... too much bible bullshit.

Well it was interesting to hear him bring out the point that the Abrahamic faiths are based on the Abraham character's dreams. That is something that doesn't get brought up that much. Also, you have to admit this episode highlighted that the events of the Bible are almost indistinguishable from tales taken from modern UFO myth complete with dreams, visions, communications from non-human entities, strange lights in the sky, and claims about human origins being made.

I enjoyed Scott's discussion of the Nephilim enigma, and I must also congratulate him and Micah hanks for the new Intrepid blog, which is rapidly filling with a lot of good Fortean articles.

Having said this, I must admit I had one caveat during the show: I almost groaned when Scotty mentioned how "scientists are still trying to find the missing link". It's fine if we want to speculate about possible interventions in our species' genetic evolution, but we as members of the Fortean community should be mindful about not using expressions that take us back to the times of the infamous Scopes "monkey trial."

Evolutionists are NOT looking for the so-called 'missing link' because there IS no missing link to look for. That's an expression favored among the media and people with Creationists inclinations. The theory of Evolution does not point a discernible moment when a specimen of one given species mutates or evolves to become part of another species.

If you want me to produce the missing link between the common ancestor of modern apes and Homo Sapiens, first you have to indicate to me the EXACT moment when you stopped being a child to become an adolescent ;)

PS: No, I'm not a fan of Dawkins. He strikes me as extremely arrogant in his disdain for religion. But he does make great points when it comes to his actual field of expertise ;)
Let's not call it a missing link, but a new piece in the evolution story.
Mysterious Chinese Fossils May Be New Human Species

I hate shows that talk about the bible and religion, but this guy obviously knew his stuff and it was an enjoyable listen.

My only wish for this show would have been the Tuatha De Dannann were discussed more. The Tuatha to the ancient Irish were the fairies.

I am a Dawkins fan, but I agree, he does spend too much time harping on religion. He is brilliant though - his books are quite good and I highly recommend The Greatest Show on Earth.

Enjoyable show. Scott is a great speaker and storyteller, so high marks for that alone. I thought Gene and Chris did a good job of raising questions, and making connections and comparisons to other researchers. Maybe Gene can put together a Yonah Fortner panel show sometime!

As for the content, I'm very interested in mythology and legend, so it hit a bullseye on that score as well. I wouldn't mind a return visit by him to explore other Biblical mythology.

I'd love to do something about Yonah. Were he alive today, he'd be a terrific guest. Wonderful storyteller. But other than Jim Moseley, I do wonder which people might participate. Maybe Curt Sutherly and perhaps Allen Greenfield. I'll think about it.

Gene, you must do it, and here's how I'd like to see it. It'll really be a Yonah show, but billed as an Ancient Aliens/Chariot of the Gods episode. Round up your crew, take off your co-host cap and join the panel, and let Chris moderate. Since Mr. Fortner isn't around, have someone read a short passage by him to demonstrate the influence he had on the field. Another possible ingredient is a current author in the "Space Gods" camp, preferably one familiar with Yonah's contributions. It's greatness waiting to happen!

Back