• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

malaysian 239 downed

It is simply stunning that this has gone on this long. I wonder how long the authorities have been sure that the plane flew on long after the last voice recording? There has been some serious withholding of information which would be understandable were it not for the fact there are hundreds of family members completely at a loss.

I especially cannot understand the last sentence in the following paragraph from today's NYT coverage:

"Malaysian officials on Sunday briefed representatives from 22 countries in the region and beyond that could help search along the two corridors where satellite data indicate the plane may have wound up, having flown up to six hours after its disappearance beyond the range of military radar in western Malaysia. Mr. Hishammuddin said Malaysia would also ask the United States, China, France and other countries to provide satellite data."

At this point? Malasian officials would have to 'ask' for such data? This is incomprehensible.

Last edited:
One of the few things we know for certain is that the Malaysian air system is incompetent beyond belief. Don't book me on any of those flights. That there was a possible hijacking that probably took place took this long to figure out?? Good Lord. There are only a few places you could fly a Boeing 777 and park it. You might want to consider some hostile countries that would love to have a jumbo jet as a terrorist tool.

One of the few things we know for certain is that the Malaysian air system is incompetent beyond belief. Don't book me on any of those flights. That there was a possible hijacking that probably took place took this long to figure out?? Good Lord. There are only a few places you could fly a Boeing 777 and park it. You might want to consider some hostile countries that would love to have a jumbo jet as a terrorist tool.

Data from X-Plane provides coordinates for runways around the world. A Boeing 777 pilot is quoted in Slate as estimating a runway length requirement of 5,000 feet. A recent Wall Street Journal article quoted sources stating the flight could have continued for 2,200 nautical miles from its last known position.
The WNYC Data News team found 634 runways that meet these criteria, spread across 26 different countries

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Runways in Range | WNYC

Its a real worry thats for sure

The initial thought it was crashed/destroyed doesnt match the behavior

MH370: three reasons that point to takeover | Stuff.co.nz

Now that could still mean pilot suicide, but why bother to fly on for 4 or more hours, just ditch it in the ocean and its job done.

It really looks like the plane has been stolen for later use.

And given that stealing a 777 is a pretty audacious action, i can only surmise the plot is much bigger than just the theft.

A lot of planning would have gone into this, and in a worse case scenario they now have a long range bomber.

N Korea has been making some nasty threats lately, and they could provide the Nuke/s.

Given the sophistication of such an alleged theft, it seems plausible that such a plane could be given new transponder codes, Heck if you were mad keen you would give it a new paint job too, strip the MA livery and paint a kangaroo on the tail and it could pass as a Qantas plane.

If the plan is to use it as a long range bomber to deliver a conventional Nuke or a dirty bomb, then its likely imo they will be able to do so.

The question now is "sooner" or "later". And there are two schools of thought, "sooner" because they know we are looking for this plane now. The initial plan may have assumed the world would believe it was lost in the ocean, that they are now saying it was a "deliberate" act means the thieves have a limited period of time to carry out phase 2.

"Later" has the advantage of surprise and less vigilance by target nations, but that may have hinged on an assumption it would have been assumed the plane was lost at sea.

Sydney imo would be way down the list of targets for such a plot, but im still worried about this

I especially cannot understand the last sentence in the following paragraph from today's NYT coverage:

"Malaysian officials on Sunday briefed representatives from 22 countries in the region and beyond that could help search along the two corridors where satellite data indicate the plane may have wound up, having flown up to six hours after its disappearance beyond the range of military radar in western Malaysia. Mr. Hishammuddin said Malaysia would also ask the United States, China, France and other countries to provide satellite data."

At this point? Malasian officials would have to 'ask' for such data? This is incomprehensible.

The news here made mention of this aspect, they say the Sat Data is part and parcel of each countrys national defense systems and as such they are reluctant to share it

Somebody knows exactly what happened to that plane but they're just not saying. There are satellites in orbit that track virtually everything in the air all the time. FSS they can read license plates from space, detect missile launches anywhere in the world, detect explosions, and even find stuff underground. If the plane blew up, they'd know exactly where, and if it was hijacked and flown off to some airstrip, then right now there's some view screen in some super secret military complex where a bunch of black-ops agents are sitting around watching the plane on the ground and deciding what to do next.

Morning news here is reporting it dropped below 5000 feet to avoid radar, they report today its beyond a doubt hijacking.

To quote "all the evidence now points to deliberate hijacking"

All the external mechanisms to look for it aside, i'm astounded that in a post 911 world it would be possible to turn off a transponder.
At least one should be inaccesable while the bird is in the air.

I'm wary of the dirty bomb theory etc because just the fact a plane has gone astray has put the world and the intel world on alert. If anyone truly wished to set off a dirty bomb there are plenty easier ways to do it.

Is it feasible that a one-time use runway was constructed? Obviously all runways in range will be highlighted but what about non-standard ones? I feel that so many people in the world can be corrupt and paid to look the other way, it will be easy to 'rename' this plane if required and pull off some major sleight of hand and this plane 'walks' right on in somewhere it should not be...

Somebody knows exactly what happened to that plane but they're just not saying. There are satellites in orbit that track virtually everything in the air all the time. FSS they can read license plates from space, detect missile launches anywhere in the world, detect explosions, and even find stuff underground. If the plane blew up, they'd know exactly where, and if it was hijacked and flown off to some airstrip, then right now there's some view screen in some super secret military complex where a bunch of black-ops agents are sitting around watching the plane on the ground and deciding what to do next.

Or possibly preparing the plane themselves for a false flag event to steer the sheeple in whatever direction they want them to lean next.

Last edited:
I'm wary of the dirty bomb theory etc because just the fact a plane has gone astray has put the world and the intel world on alert. If anyone truly wished to set off a dirty bomb there are plenty easier ways to do it.

Is it feasible that a one-time use runway was constructed? Obviously all runways in range will be highlighted but what about non-standard ones? I feel that so many people in the world can be corrupt and paid to look the other way, it will be easy to 'rename' this plane if required and pull off some major sleight of hand and this plane 'walks' right on in somewhere it should not be...

The really shocking thing about dirty bombs is that no one has used one yet, considering how easy it is to get your hands on radioactive garbage.
First off, there's the former Soviet Union. No matter what reassuring line of goods you've been sold about how the Russians are keeping their nuclear waste and nuclear weapons out of the reach of evildoers, it's total bullshit. Rose Gottemoeller, of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, surveyed some nuclear sites in Russia. She told PBS NewsHour:
They didn't have any bars on its windows, just had a big wooden door with a huge key, like a medieval-size key, that they turned to open the door, and when you walked in there, basically down in the floor there were hundreds of buckets of plutonium. When I went into the facility one day, one of the, one of the technicians pulled one of them out of the floor and handed it to me and said, "feel it -- it feels warm. It's full of plutonium."
BUCKETS OF PLUTONIUM JUST SITTING BEHIND A BARELY LOCKED WOODEN DOOR!!!!! Are you worried now??

Pack a plane with this stuff and you have a great delivery system to disperse the goods pretty well
You could also use conventional explosives as part of the package, or if enough fuel in the plane, its own destruction could spread this stuff

Dirty Bomb

http://www.cfr.org/weapons-of-mass-destruction/dirty-bombs/p9548

To be honest i'm more worried about them using it to deliver a real nuke

Pack a plane with this stuff and you have a great delivery system to disperse the goods pretty well
You could also use conventional explosives as part of the package, or if enough fuel in the plane, its own destruction could spread this stuff

Dirty Bomb

Feels very odd hitting "like" on a post with the implications of a plane used as a dirty bomb :confused:

Dirty Bomb

and this is what I fear run that plane and a dirty bomb into the heart of LA or SF...

....Oh boy..But these days expecting the worst that could happen is probably the safest bet..what the fuck, humanity....

Yes what the fuck indeed.

well I am going to say it... we are fucked .. as a civilization we are heading down a very dark road. Look around you, can't you all see it.
I am not a gloom and doom junkie .. no not at all but reality is hitting home harder and harder every day.

We’re Ice Age hunters with a shave and a suit. We are not good long-term thinkers. We would much rather gorge ourselves on dead mammoths by driving a herd over a cliff than figure out how to conserve the herd so it can feed us and our children forever. That is the transition our civilization has to make. And we’re not doing that.

Last edited:

Yes, unless the plane is in a well camouflaged hanger somewhere. And that would also imply some kind of either well camouflaged runway, or one on a military base with a complicit government. This is looking like either a well planned event on the part of at least one of the pilots and/ or passengers for a botched 9/11 style hijacking. Or, a very well planned and financed hijacking of an intact passenger liner on the part of a group with considerable resources.

The brief climb to 45,000 feet is what one would expect of a pilot wishing to dispose of everyone in the passenger cabin. The descent to low altitude is suggestive of tactics used to evade non-sophisticated radars.
I also find it curious that a high time air transport pilot would have a PC based (I presume) simulator in his home. Here we need the opinion of a professional pilot--but nothing you can build at home will offer anything like the training environment of a real jet simulator. Was the pilot going over specific procedures for shutting off radio emissions? Not possible, I think, in a home rigged simulator. What is possible is that he might be training co-conspirators in the basics of flying. All speculation.

One thing is for certain: The longer this thing goes missing, the more worried we will become about what its intended use might be.

you only have to worry IF, you live in a country that attack's other country's, imo.

stoneheart, [ nuking NZ would be like tidying the place up] , and me are safe me thinks.

if the flight ever actually existed or not, Iran will get the blame.

One thing is certain, there is some massive police work going on right now.

Every passenger - every hiccup - is being analyzed. A lot more has to be known than they are saying - and in fact I would just assume that if they know its been hijacked they are not simply just not telling what they know, but obscuring and creating the opposite impression.

When you're on the hunt you don't want your quarry to know just how close you are. Plus there's the issue of knowing and deciding when to pull them all in - there is intel to be had waiting and watching.

the more i think about it the more of a picture takes shape, the chinese are Iranian allies, hard for china to defend iran to its people, and the world, after Iran is left holding the smoking gun [which sure as shit will happen], and most of the passengers are chinesse.

plus russia is abit busy at the momment, and possibly getting kicked out of NATO, if they come to Irans defence, then there will be a world war, infact its all beginning to make sense, the only reason america hasnt already taken Iran is russia and chinese influence, russia without nato and the chinese is on it's own, and vunerable, im sure the yanks and europe would like to see russia broken up into individual states/countries.

infact china would have its balls in a vice, either they are with NATO or not.

Last edited:
Back