• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Magnetic Pole Reversal = Climate Change?

more than shifting continents, violent volcanic eruptions, ice ages, massive hurricanes, billions of gallons of natural oil leaks, etc? hardly. get a clue guys...

No, But more than muskrats and pelicans. :cool: <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

Nope, those are much worse, but we have no control over those.

and you can add global warming to those events too. we are insignificant to the earth, to think we can destroy the planet is absurd. this planet could care less if humans are here or not.

and you can add global warming to those events too. we are insignificant to the earth, to think we can destroy the planet is absurd. this planet could care less if humans are here or not.

This statement is dead wrong.
If you believe this is true, how do you explain how humans have upset the balance of just about everything on this planet.

Example:

Species extinctions, Habitat destruction, depletion of natural resources, ozone layer weakening, (it reformed after we stopped using the chemicals that perpetuated the problem), pollution of the earth's atmosphere, and the list can go on and on.

If we can have such a negative influence, what makes you think we can't play at least a very small role in climate change? The data is there, its just whether you want to believe it or not. Frankly, I find it interesting you believe in the NWO (pretty much zero data to support that claim) but then you think we do have no impact on the planet. I'm not Al Gore, but we are certainly having an effect through a combination of pollution and habitat destruction that is having an influencing our climate. Yes, climate change is natural, so are a lot of the things I mentioned previously but we can alter the course of natural events. If you don't believe that, then you're ignoring FACTS.

This statement is dead wrong.
If you believe this is true, how do you explain how humans have upset the balance of just about everything on this planet.

Example:

Species extinctions, Habitat destruction, depletion of natural resources, ozone layer weakening, (it reformed after we stopped using the chemicals that perpetuated the problem), pollution of the earth's atmosphere, and the list can go on and on.

If we can have such a negative influence, what makes you think we can't play at least a very small role in climate change? The data is there, its just whether you want to believe it or not. Frankly, I find it interesting you believe in the NWO (pretty much zero data to support that claim) but then you think we do have no impact on the planet. I'm not Al Gore, but we are certainly having an effect through a combination of pollution and habitat destruction that is having an influencing our climate. Yes, climate change is natural, so are a lot of the things I mentioned previously but we can alter the course of natural events. If you don't believe that, then you're ignoring FACTS.

More extinctions have happened by natural events than by humans. More habitats have been destroyed by natural events than by humans. Please indicate what natural resources have been depleted. Ozone depletion and rebuilding is a natural occurrence. What atmospheric pollution are you talking about? What is polluting it? So far you are batting ZERO and are completely ignoring ACTUAL facts.

More extinctions have happened by natural events than by humans. More habitats have been destroyed by natural events than by humans. Please indicate what natural resources have been depleted. Ozone depletion and rebuilding is a natural occurrence. What atmospheric pollution are you talking about? What is polluting it? So far you are batting ZERO and are completely ignoring ACTUAL facts.

You seemed to miss the fact where I said most of those events are natural BUT humans can alter their course. Getting into an argument with you over depletion of natural resources, atmospheric pollution, habitat destruction, and the NWO for that matter look like it will be an exercise in futility.

You have a very interesting outlook on the world, I'm not going to attempt to burst your bubble :D.

"We need a oxygen tax now to curb the rise in oxygen levels that competing with carbon dioxide levels !"

Al Gore An Inconvenient Truth 2.0: We need more tax dollars for bigger oil wells in alaska!

You seemed to miss the fact where I said most of those events are natural BUT humans can alter their course. Getting into an argument with you over depletion of natural resources, atmospheric pollution, habitat destruction, and the NWO for that matter look like it will be an exercise in futility.

You have a very interesting outlook on the world, I'm not going to attempt to burst your bubble :D.

BUT you didnt give one example of altering the course of anything, what resource has been depleted, what habitat has been destroyed or what atmospheric pollution is destroying the planet. You want to find the NWO? look to UN's Agenda 21.

You have a piss poor understanding of actual events happening in the world today.

BUT you didnt give one example of altering the course of anything, what resource has been depleted, what habitat has been destroyed or what atmospheric pollution is destroying the planet. You want to find the NWO? look to UN's Agenda 21.

You have a piss poor understanding of actual events happening in the world today.

I was trying to be civil, but you are obviously too childish for such a conversation.

If you really think we have no effect on natural habitat through the various types of pollutants and we don't have the ability to drastically alter /destroy habitats then giving you facts will be pointless. I'm not going to baited into a posing war where I will post FACTS and you will post BS.

You are right though, I blame deforestation on chimpanzees and destruction of the great barrier reef on those damn sharks! And you know...those damn bald eagles made DDT...no wonder their eggs were so soft! BTW, the agenda 21 conspiracy theory is nothing but a paranoid conspiracy theory. Something tells me you watch way too much Glenn Beck but remember, hes an entertainer not a journalist.

Pixel, the only piss in this discussion is the Kool-Aid you're drinking.

I was trying to be civil, but you are obviously too childish for such a conversation.

If you really think we have no effect on natural habitat through the various types of pollutants and we don't have the ability to drastically alter /destroy habitats then giving you facts will be pointless. I'm not going to baited into a posing war where I will post FACTS and you will post BS.

You are right though, I blame deforestation on chimpanzees and destruction of the great barrier reef on those damn sharks! And you know...those damn bald eagles made DDT...no wonder their eggs were so soft! BTW, the agenda 21 conspiracy theory is nothing but a paranoid conspiracy theory. Something tells me you watch way too much Glenn Beck but remember, hes an entertainer not a journalist.

Pixel, the only piss in this discussion is the Kool-Aid you're drinking.

I do not argue that we cut trees down. I have personally cut hundreds of them down...but i have also planted thousands more than I have cut as well as restoring natural prairies in my area. Reefs die and regenerate all the time. I see bald eagles darn near everyday on my commute to work. There is NO shortage of them. DDT was good and bad. It saved the lives of thousands but did have adverse side effects. Of course we need to develop new ways to control pests, we need new energy sources, we need less fertilizers on our crops, etc etc... but do your homework instead of being a mouth piece for the hijacked environmental movement.

btw- I have never watched glenn beck.

I do not argue that we cut trees down. I have personally cut hundreds of them down...but i have also planted thousands more than I have cut as well as restoring natural prairies in my area. Reefs die and regenerate all the time. I see bald eagles darn near everyday on my commute to work. There is NO shortage of them. DDT was good and bad. It saved the lives of thousands but did have adverse side effects. Of course we need to develop new ways to control pests, we need new energy sources, we need less fertilizers on our crops, etc etc... but do your homework instead of being a mouth piece for the hijacked environmental movement.

btw- I have never watched glenn beck.

Some things I would like to point out:

We protected Eagles, thats why you see them so much now, they were nearly extinct. The shortage of them is relative to your locale, remember, there literally used to be no shortage of them anywhere in North America. Similarly, Buffalo used to roam nearly the entire North American continent. Western civilization has gotten better with limiting our effect on the environment (its now the developing world's turn to trash the planet), this is why we have wolves in Yellowstone, and an increase in manatee in the Everglades. You may replant many trees, but the Amazon rainforest is getting completely wiped off the planet with reforestation occurring sparingly.
Yes, coral reefs live and die, but we accelerate the process. In fact, the Great Barrier Reef of Australia is in danger of getting completely wiped out before this century is even over. Some is due to change in climate while other causes are pollutants and introduction of invasive microbes.

I maintain, we are the only species on this planet with the ability to dramatically alter its health in a geologically short period of time. I'm not saying I want to live in a wigwam, but you can't ignore the net negative effect we have had on this planet. At this moment, we have surpassed the ability of evolution to regulate our species through natural selection. We are probably already beyond this planet's population carrying capacity (depending on what organization calculates it).

I'm not Al Gore, so I didn't realize I was a mouthpiece for the "hijacked environmental movement" by stating that humans can alter the course of events on this planet (seems pretty obvious to me) but I guess that is good to know. I'm going to have to re-classify myself as a leftist radical...looks like the Green party just got one more vote...but don't worry I'm not going to blow up any logging equipment.

This is a very entertaining and interesting 7 part slide show that anyone concerned about global warming should watch.

I live on a bloody Island and I don't care if its natural or man made but the darn climate is changing that's for sure and on a small strip of land in the south Pacific you really do notice it.. The weather patterns here have gone nuts over the past few years, hell we even got snow in High summer (not normal at all).

Wow! This is an old thread revisited. Subject of pole sift is still peaking because we are in 2012. It will be interesting to see what does or does not happen. Is this an earth shattering year? Who really knows.
One thing that will not change is that the NWO will continue taking over the planet. This year's US President nomination will be a total staged joke . . . . . and if we are lucky, a major pole shift. I think we need major change to expel the puppetmasters running and ruining this planet.

Interesting article posted above. I was checking out their site pakalertpress and they have some good reading articles that you can either take to heart or just enjoy for entertainment purposes.

Back