• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Louis Jarvis

As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating.
Oh what a guy that Gaston!

I've always seen myself as more of a physical AND intellectual bully. But thanks, anyway!

I would be a lot meaner if the forums didn't have this clear policy against personal attacks...

Lance

Where is that smiley face Lance?

Decker

Naw...you think he really meant it Don? I'm sure deep down Lance is actually a really sweet guy and fun to hang with (if you don't bring up that you believe even the slightest possiblity of anything truly "paranormal").

I'd like to think that we're all really nice guys and would have a good time hanging out together.

I am quite confident of that.
Me too. I wasn't being disingenuous with my comment above. In general, the 'net does allow people the option to become more strident and thin-skinned then they would be in person. Especially if you are anonymous and not posting with your real name. I think some people take advantage of being anonymous and I applaud Lance and everyone here who are public with there posts and views. I have been a longtime poster on another board and have noticed this tendency for years. I prefer the Rodney King School, myself, but because of many of these recent guests being longtime friends, I think I've been a little more sensitive on the forum than I normally would be. Maybe I should do a Biedny and ban myself..... NAW! :)

FYI, I just did a little research on this 'Garabandal Warning' thing. First of all, it is a real prophecy. I was unaware of this, and Mr. Jarvis did, more or less, describe it accurately. However, what he failed to mention is that the person who made this prophecy claimed, decades and decades ago (about 30 years) that it was happening 'very soon'. Now, in my book, I do not consider '30 years' to be 'very soon' by any stretch of the imagination. Therefore, I think it is fair to say that this is a failed prophecy; just like all of those failed prophecies of Edgar Cacye that never came to pass.

Which, leads me to mention the fact that 'prophecy' is, and always has been, a complete crock of shit.

The 'Blessed Virgin Mary' has been warning us of apocalyptic events for as long as I can remember, and damnit she sure wants all to be praying the rosary a lot more. But..since I'm not a Roman Catholic I find the Virgin Mary meddling in my personal religious beliefs completely and utterly annoying.

Which brings me to a topic I brought up earlier. I love a good story and, there is no doubt that Louis Jarvis has a whole boat load of stories to tell. My question is, why can't he tell them coherently?

Chris, would you care to answer that one? The man couldn't keep his narrative straight for any length of time. He sounded like an Alzheimer patient hopped up on ADD medication.

John

As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating.
Oh what a guy that Gaston!

I've always seen myself as more of a physical AND intellectual bully. But thanks, anyway!

I would be a lot meaner if the forums didn't have this clear policy against personal attacks...

Lance

That wasn't really an attack. I wouldn't even call it a raid. More of a fence line shooting. :)

Rest assured, I have given warnings to those on both sides of the fence.

snip

Which brings me to a topic I brought up earlier. I love a good story and, there is no doubt that Louis Jarvis has a whole boat load of stories to tell. My question is, why can't he tell them coherently? Chris, would you care to answer that one? The man couldn't keep his narrative straight for any length of time. He sounded like an Alzheimer patient hopped up on ADD medication.
Louis doesn't get out much. He has only done a few radio guest appearances that I know of and isn't used to this type of format of conveying his research to others. His normal MO is to cover the subject in a long-form manner, going through all the information step at a time, hour after hour. Obviously, radio does not allow for this approach. Especially w/ 9:30 minute segments. Bottom line is: Louis is passionate about his "beliefs," and more power to him. More people in the world should be as passionate about their beliefs, but in a kind and gentile manner with those who don't believe as they do. All things considered, I thought he did a fairly decent job conveying the information. Next time (if there is one) I'll pin his ears back for you and the other naysayers and dog him when he makes sweeping statements that force the listener to suspend their disbelief, or snort through their nose in indignation :)

He has only done a few radio guest appearances that I know of and isn't used to this type of format of conveying his research to others. His normal MO is to cover the subject in a long-form manner, going through all the information step at a time, hour after hour. Obviously, radio does not allow for this approach.

I agree, Radio is hard to get the hang of for some people. I have a job where I basically talk to people for a living, yet on the few different radio shows that I have called in on I have found myself waffling quite a lot.

Louis doesn't get out much. He has only done a few radio guest appearances that I know of and isn't used to this type of format of conveying his research to others. His normal MO is to cover the subject in a long-form manner, going through all the information step at a time, hour after hour. Obviously, radio does not allow for this approach.

. Bottom line is: Louis is passionate about his "beliefs," and more power to him. More people in the world should be as passionate about their beliefs, but in a kind and gentile manner with those who don't believe as they do. All things considered, I thought he did a fairly decent job conveying the information.

Well Gentle-beings, for what it is worth I have had Louis Jarvis on my show several times and intend to have him back. I have very much enjoyed having Louis on, his mind is brilliant (even if you don't agree with him .. his head is filled with facts) and he has no problem getting them out there. I think Jarvis was some of my best shows in months.

I really enjoy watching those who denigrate people because their belief structure is different than their own. Like whoever it was that referred to him as a "wacko." Yea, that really showed a very erudite argument. I have spent hours talking to Louis both on and off the radio and find him highly engaging. And ... it is hard to get a flavor when you are constantly having to pause for breaks.

Decker

I agree, Radio is hard to get the hang of for some people. I have a job where I basically talk to people for a living, yet on the few different radio shows that I have called in on I have found myself waffling quite a lot.

I have first hand experience with this too. I can talk to anyone very easily, but a couple months ago I was interviewed by a friend on a local radio station and was surprised at how I froze when asked a simple introductory question, "How's it going?" I totally froze and my friend covered for me saying my mic wasn't on yet. After about 5 minutes I calmed down.

Thanks for noticing and sharing how difficult it can be. Don and Gene are old hands and make it look easy. When I helped with the "Abduction rountable" I was shaking in my shoes. I thought I hid it well, but you are right---it ain't easy and I appreciate your nod on this subject. I'll get better and better, harder and Biedny-like, I'm sure. Give me an easy target and let me get some practice, Gene. I know, let's get SDMorton, or Webre on, let me loooose!!! >>>>>O'Brien dusts off the 105 mm howitzer oils the barrel and re-checks the sights :)

Thanks for the response Chris. I'm in the process of starting up my own podcast sometime in the near future. The subject of my podcast is about 'belief'. It's designed to explore, at a personal level, why and how individual people form their personal belief systems. It's a topic I find endlessly fascinating. Having heard this most recent episode of the Paracast I have already decided I will have to do a show about people who believe in 'prophecy' and why, in the face of the fact that people have been predicting the end times for all of recorded human history and it still has never happened, they continue to cling to these beliefs.

Thanks,

John+ Reply to Thread

Thanks for the response Chris. I'm the process of starting up my own podcast sometime in the near future. The subject of my podcast is about 'belief'.
Excellent show format idea! Let us know when you are ready to launch--I'll give a listen, and even be a guest, if you'd like. I have a lot of opinions when it comes to the subject belief, culture and how these beliefs are programmed, formulated, manipulated and spread in the culture.

You know I don't think that one necessarily has to be like Biedny to ask tough questions. You can just simply ask the tough questions in a devils advocate kind of way like you did with Leslie when you asked her about how she leaned towards the ETH (one of your best episodes to date I reckon). Biedny imo was too 'rough' with his questions much of the time. He asked them in such a confrontational manner on occasion that it was uncomfortable to listen to. But the key thing is that he did ask.
Now like I say, radio is very difficult so who am I to say what you should do... but I think if questions are asked in a polite and professional manner, then you should be able to confront even your friends on the radio with them.

You know I don't think that one necessarily has to be like Biedny to ask tough questions. You can just simply ask the tough questions in a devils advocate kind of way like you did with Leslie when you asked her about how she leaned towards the ETH (one of your best episodes to date I reckon). Biedny imo was too 'rough' with his questions much of the time. He asked them in such a confrontational manner on occasion that it was uncomfortable to listen to. But the key thing is that he did ask.
Now like I say, radio is very difficult so who am I to say what you should do... but I think if questions are asked in a polite and professional manner, then you should be able to confront even your friends on the radio with them.
Please understand, my "Biedny" references are my attempt at humor. We both have completely different styles and I'm just using this comedic device to make a point. Yes, there is a way to ask the tough questions, but often times you have to interrupt. That's the hard part. Gene has that down pat and I've been taking notes. I'm (by nature) a polite listener, so I will work on this. :0 lol

I just finished listening to this and found it very interesting and highly entertaining.

I was reminded of Acts 26:24 where the Apostle Paul is defending himself before Festus;

At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. "You are out of your mind, Paul!" he shouted. "Your great learning is driving you insane." (New International Version)

Louis Jarvis has a great deal of knowledge of prophetic messages from many sources. He might or might not be insane.
When you grant legitimacy to many sources it's amazing what conclusions you can come to. A Buddhist can believe pretty much anything without it conflicting with Buddhism. It's a very convenient belief system.

I did keep thinking about what might have happened if David Biedny had done this show. It would not have been pretty.

Thanks Gene and Christopher.

I did keep thinking about what might have happened if David Biedny had done this show. It would not have been pretty. Thanks Gene and Christopher.
LOL good one! I'll pull a Biedny on Louis' next visit into the inner Paracast sanctum, lol ...and it won't be pretty either... :)

Back