• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Latest Claim: “We Have A Body of Bigfoot!”

Free episodes:

im certainly excited about the event one way or another, im looking forward to the news conference, if it is true it adds another lovely piece of scientific knowledge to the pile, though i imagine positive proof this species exists will prob result in the money being spent to find more of them.
Yowies have been reported in the area i live in, i wonder if proof of a species like this would encourage people to put the resources into finding these populations for study etc.

i just hope friday puts this to bed one way or another

There's been dna testing done with good results before, but it can go no further than unknown species, or apelike, human like species. Mainstream science requires a body.

Unless the scientists involved in the testing are named Fri. It will be a waste of time.

The only scientist to be named so far is a relative of one of the Georgia boys btw. Suspicious? You bet.

I found out Loren was kind toward this whole ordeal and came across positive for the sole purpose of keeping the info. flowing. You catch more flies with honey kinda of thing. He's back to being highly skeptical again. You can read about this at his cryptomundo site (whenever it works).

There's been dna testing done with good results before, but it can go no further than unknown species, or apelike, human like species. Mainstream science requires a body.

Unless the scientists involved in the testing are named Fri. It will be a waste of time.

The only scientist to be named so far is a relative of one of the Georgia boys btw. Suspicious? You bet.

I keep asking myself: "If an insane person found a dead Bigfoot in the woods, how would he share it with the world?"

Then I answer myself: "Insanely."

Then I tell myself to shut up, I can't concentrate.

I found out Loren was kind toward this whole ordeal and came across positive for the sole purpose of keeping the info. flowing. You catch more flies with honey kinda of thing. He's back to being highly skeptical again. You can read about this at his cryptomundo site (whenever it works).

Right or wrong, I confess that I allowed myself to get excited because he seemed to be excited.

Right or wrong, I confess that I allowed myself to get excited because he seemed to be excited.

I'll be excited once the body is confirmed by credible people to be that of a dead, previously unknown (to mainstream science at least) animal by people other than the ones currently involved.

I have seen a dead bear. It fell off a cliff and was killed when it hit the rocks below. I have also seen 2 moose killed by a flood. The point is, you dont know the circumstances behind the death.

1) They claim they will present DNA evidence that will prove it is "Bigfoot".

Impossible since there is no known "Bigfoot" sample against which to compare it. What a stupid statement. Previously unknown primate DNA? Even that is sketchy if it is a marginal sample (small, difficult) and such a sample can be easily damaged in such a way that a known primate sample could start to look like something new...a really good scientist would just nullify such a sample, but I've seen less than great scientists make silly leaps of conclusion when looking at sketchy samples.

2) They have a body, but no one can see it.

The obvious problem, the 800 lb. Gorilla in the room (hehe), is that they claim to have a body, but will not let anyone (except for one sketchy "researcher") see it. Huh? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and screams of absolute fraud. This, alone, is enough for me to conclude that this is a TOTAL and OBVIOUS hoax.

3) The photos make it look WAY too gorilla-like.

The supposed body looks NOTHING like any reported sightings. It looks like a gorilla suit.

The way these guys are acting makes this look as bad as the Romanek video shenanigans and the Steorn free-energy hoax.

Here is a link to a Tom Biscardi-centric video.

Again, I saw this link shared on bigfootforums.com.

Biscardi is now front-and-center in this issue, but the more I learn about his past the more skeptical I am.

Enjoy.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum comments on Georgia Bigfoot

and this blog entry which expands on Biscardi's story:

Biscardi adds some more information

The story is now (finally!) on CNN:

Is that a Bigfoot in the freezer.

Following the thread on bigfootforums.com has made me increasingly skeptical.

Did anyone else notice that in the 2nd linked interview, Biscardi says that the GA boys "gave" him the DNA before they let him see the body? How is that "good science". He doesn't mention taking new samples.

Fitzbew,
Is that video clip supposed to be new, or has there been a show done already? I totally have a feeling that this "press conference" may all be staged to promote a movie (or TV show) or something like that. I'm with you...the more I learn about Biscardi, the less I'm impressed.
(does anyone else besides me want to call him "Bacardi"?? hehe)

Did anyone else notice that in the 2nd linked interview, Biscardi says that the GA boys "gave" him the DNA before they let him see the body? How is that "good science". He doesn't mention taking new samples.

Even more alarming (to me, at least) are second-hand reports that the "scientists" that will be doing the reseach on the body next week are Russian. The inference is that it will be difficult to check their credentials.

I think Biscardi should be able to find some good U.S.-based primatologists at least for the initial exam.

I know that if I was Russian, and this event was unfolding in Russia, I'd be surprised if U.S. scientists were being pulled into it.

Fitzbew,
Is that video clip supposed to be new, or has there been a show done already? I totally have a feeling that this "press conference" may all be staged to promote a movie (or TV show) or something like that. I'm with you...the more I learn about Biscardi, the less I'm impressed.
(does anyone else besides me want to call him "Bacardi"?? hehe)

Raevenskye,

Sorry, I have no other information about the video.

:frown:

The more I read, the more irritated I become. I suppose we'll know some sort of truth this afternoon.
As for primatologists...wouldn't the Leake's be interested in this find?

The more I read, the more irritated I become. I suppose we'll know some sort of truth this afternoon.
As for primatologists...wouldn't the Leake's be interested in this find?

Gosh, I'd wager that many fields of science would be electrified by the discovery of a previously unknown primate in North America.

From the Wikipedia section on Primatology:

Primatology is a diverse discipline and primatologists can be found in departments of biology, anthropology, psychology and many others. Physical anthropology is a branch of primatology, which is the primatology of the genus Homo, especially Homo sapiens. The fields cross over in the study of the hominids, which include all ape-like ancestors of man and the other great apes (for a list of common ancestors with other living species see The Ancestor's Tale).

Modern primatology is an extremely diverse science. It ranges from anatomical studies of primate ancestors and field studies of primates in their natural habitat, to experiments in animal psychology and ape language. It has cast an immense amount of light on basic human behaviors and ancient ancestry of these behaviors.

If any such new species was given protected status, the ramifications for conservation might be enormous.

I would think that animal activists would be all over this. It's still a little bit of a mystery whether or not this animal was killed, or found. (Assuming there's an animal, of course).
I suppose most "experts" are waiting to see what's presented.

CNN.com (at least the streaming online version) says they are planning to cover the news conference live which will be 3pm eastern.

They treated the story like a joke.

Back