• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Kay'-Up to this Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Good morning all.

While I was on my backyard patio this morning having coffee I was thinking about Dark Matters Radio. We are sitting on the cusp of heading into Week 22 of the show. While some of you have certainly chimed in on various things, I would really appreciate some constructive feedback. When you look at some of my guests in the last 21 weeks, by God I had some fine ones. Phil Imbrogno, Paul Kimball, Nick Redfern, Gene Steinberg, Walter Bosley, Greg Bishop, Rich Sarradet, Rene Barnett, Paul Smith, CHRIS O'BRIEN ... hell I could go on and on but that is not the point of this note.

For example ... what questions would you have liked me to ask that I did not ask? What guests have not yet been on that you would like to hear from? How many of you listen "live" as opposed to listening "in the archives?" How has the audio been of late? How about my music breaks ... do you like them, not like them, suggestions?

How do you like the dynamics between Rich and I? What topics would you enjoy hearing more of? Hey Gang, I am looking for feedback so I can improve Dark Matters Radio. If you have not called in during the show, why not? 818-381-4094 Are you afraid of the expense for the call or perhaps you are shy, or even you might be afraid of sounding "dumb?" I am looking for feedback and would humbly ask that you chime in.

You know, I know there are a hell of a lot of net podcasts out there and I really appreciate you all that are faithful listeners. I want to make DMR the very best it can be so I really do want to hear your thoughts.

Decker

I have no brickbats to throw at DMR, only praise. You've had a great selection of guests, lively conversations and good topics (whether I agree with them or not). My only suggestion would be to have a few more panel or multiple guests shows. Much like the PARACAST, I enjoy the roundtable nature of some discussions. Another thing I would like to see examined is the vague hints we get of the UFO discussion being sheparded in the 80's and 90's, by some active agency. There just seems to have been something afoot back then promoting certain ideas within the UFO community, and I'm not sure anyone has sat down and looked over that time period as a whole. I've always felt that's where Lazar fits into all this; a pawn. Too much of his story lacks the grandiosity of the other frauds we've seen in the field and much of what he saw/did seemed to be for show.

Keep up the good job!

Is Dark Matters Radio available on iTunes? I would definitely subscribe if it was available since I rarely listen to audio on the internet. Hopefully it's a possibility.

Don ... love your show. Thanks for asking.

Volume leveling. Often your voice seems to boom and the guest is much fainter.

I'd like to see you interview:
Matthew Williams on Crop Circles. To my knowledge he is the only guy to date actually convicted for making the things and one of the few people telling the truth about them.
The Amazing Randi on the applicants for his Million Dollar Challenge.
Kevin Randle and Bruce Macabee on the Gulf Breeze Sightings.
Thomas Campbell on his Big Theory Of Everything book series.
Ken Cherry (Texas MUFON) and Angelia Joiner on the Stephenville MUFON fiasco.
Phil Imbrogno on his more hair-raising experiences. I thought his interview was the most captivating to date (or uhhh that I've listened to anyway)

Thanks for giving us great shows to listen to.

RP

Don,

The shows are great so far!
Sometimes the audio is a little bit fuzzy which can make it difficult to hear the conversation.
It's a good thing to put in some music, especially The Doors after the Phil Imbrogno interview.

A guest that I like to hear on DMR is Chris Styles the whole Shag Harbour case is fascinating.
Maybe a few guests that look at the paranormal from a sociology, psychology or philosophical perspective.
Also have you read the blog by Bruce Duensing called INTANGIBLE MATERIALITY ? Bruce has an interesting view on the paranormal.
Or the blog by Eric Quellet Parasociology.

The chemistry between you and Rich is great and the Friday shows are fun to listen to!
Overall keep up the good work!

Don,

The shows are great so far!
Sometimes the audio is a little bit fuzzy which can make it difficult to hear the conversation.
It's a good thing to put in some music, especially The Doors after the Phil Imbrogno interview.

A guest that I like to hear on DMR is Chris Styles the whole Shag Harbour case is fascinating.
Maybe a few guests that look at the paranormal from a sociology, psychology or philosophical perspective.
Also have you read the blog by Bruce Duensing called INTANGIBLE MATERIALITY ? Bruce has an interesting view on the paranormal.
Or the blog by Eric Quellet Parasociology.

The chemistry between you and Rich is great and the Friday shows are fun to listen to!
Overall keep up the good work!

Don,
Enjoying all the shows and the regular callers who ask great questions. Maybe more USA callers would be intresting and from the UK. How about Gary Mackinnon, Timonthy Good, Bill Birnes, Dr Micho Kaku?

Keep up the great work which is more than just the show its all the researching hours you do off-air.::)

Cheers,
BF:D

i listen a fair amount.
always from the archives (which i depend on to stay updated!)
sound quality is fine, and i just listen via my built-in laptop speakers.
musical interludes and skipped ahead to the next segment of speaking.

sometimes the shows drag on a bit with freeform chit-chat it seems; jocular interactions and whatnot which occasionally lends an air of less-serious-than-i'd-like-to-hear on a radio show such as this.

what i would like to hear is more exposing of current charlatans, more legit work towards consolidating people to the point of bringing these issues to a wider public, more foreign correspondence, more coverage relative to the twilight 1970's period before some of the big bangs of the 1980's, etc.

i would love to hear a show that goes into some lurid detail about how some authors are able to seemingly nonstop participate in the lecture circuits and get there books into major bookstores. i would also like to hear some shows detailing the various conferences, the sources of funding, and what impact they actually are having currently (versus how they were impacting in the past).

basically i am interested in sociological angles of the subject, in addition to political science leanings.

and i'm always up for shows with abductees claiming to be MK-Ultra victims, MILAB victims, etc. We've all heard about Paul Bennewitz many times but there are other people as well who are less well-known.

Too often I feel like guests on shows such as this are just rehashing their latest book and no new information is really gleamed. I can't tell you what questions to ask, but having some "whistleblower" types a la Disclosure project would be interesting.

Guest suggestions? Hm...

Thomas Bullard
Jacques Vallee (where'd he go again???)
Melinda Leslie
Leslie Kean (see what i did there?)

oh well whatever never mind.

Hey Don,

I listen Live. So does some of my family.

My son and grandson like to download the shows because they cannot always stay up late (You start at 1:00am here in Southern Ontario), but I try to listen live. Thanks for putting up those archives.

As to what I like most: anything about the moon and space program - especially those aspects of it which people don't know about. Plus, I figure the best UFOs are those seen in space because when one is scene up there, it ain't a weatherballoonchopperplanebird. It would be neat if you could cover some astronauts UFO sightings - I could send you a bunch of little-know incidents (one that probably haven't yet graced any podcast or show)

Maybe you could cover the Navy Space command one night, let everyone know who runs the most effective space program. This will get you started on that:

NAVY Space Command Uncovered, page 1

And it would be cool if you could cover some of the strange things the Apollo astronauts said on their trip to the moon.

Here are some choice excerpts form the Apollo and Gemini transcripts:

SHTF411.com The Apollo DSE Blackbox Transcripts Thread

If you read any of these on the air it will be the first time that the Apollo black box transcripts will have been heard (except for that one time). They said all sorts of entertaining things that no one has ever heard before.

*I've no complaints about the show. It kicks ass. The only thing that could make it better is if you manage depose Snoory while doing it.

Hey Don,

let me try to give constructive feedback.

First of all, I enjoyed to listen to all shows this far.Mostly per download because
westcoast us/germany differ a bit in time. :)

I loved all the shows thus far, Mr. Imbrogno and Allan Sturm stand out in my mind
somewhat, I can't really say why.The Imbrogno show actually gave me the chills as well,
I'd definatlely would love to hear him again.
There is something to really 'unidentifiable' Entities, and humans can (summon/make them
pass through,whatever it is)interact with these...I won't go into detail, but I had
'experiences'.

Guests, well..I figure it is hard to come up with a new one 4-5 times a week, but you're
doing incredibly well so far, but there are only so much 'credible' people in this 'field'
it seems.
I'd be perfectly fine with you and Rich/anyone else discussing past cases
though.That might have to do with my rather young Age (for 'Ufology' at least), but I bet
there are a lot of people interested in things happening in the 70's and 80's.

I like Rich's input and you seem to go along really well together, why change a winning
team ? Though I hope Richard or you won't get mad when I say that Dwight Schulz was
awesome.

Question wise, are you kidding ? :) You hit every subject I wanted clarified yet.

The call in of and discussion with John Lear was an 'eargasm', by the way. :)

P.s: Would love to hear 'Don't fear the reaper' again, otherwise I quite like the music.

Here is an idea for a guest that I think would make a great Moon Show.

His name is Cary Martynuik, some of you folks who roam the UFO boards might know him as Lunacognita.

Anyhow, this man knows his stuff about NASA and Apollo. He is even a bit of a film maker, making short space films for youtube. Check out his channel, it has some top quality original material - it would all make for great conversation:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lunacognita?blend=1&ob=4

*I'll try to get in touch with him through a mutual friend we have and tell him about the idea so he isn't caught at unawares. FYI: Cary is the bald fellow from Jose Escamilla's movie Moon Rising.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions so far. A set ( or sets! ) of fresh eyes give me a perspective that I might otherwise miss.

Now, for example ... last night with Walter Bosley ... we did something that I do not believe has EVER been done on RADIO before. At the top of Hour 01 Walter did a quick RV session on the front paws of the Sphinx. Did you catch that? Freaken' awsome!

Thank you all, and please do not be shy about guest suggestions, music, etc. If it pops into your mind drop me a line.

Thanks ....

Decker

You always have the most interesting guests Don, and the questions you ask are really top notch. The only criticism I have of DMR is regarding the political tangents the show often goes off into. They pain me, greatly.

You always have the most interesting guests Don, and the questions you ask are really top notch. The only criticism I have of DMR is regarding the political tangents the show often goes off into. They pain me, greatly.

Hm, odd really, I actually like hearing about *war* and it's consequences.
Believe it or not, my Grandma lost 7 (!) brothers in WW2, eastern Front.

Maybe a small exception if it's an entertaining war story, I'll grant you that. But the rants about the "far left" are tiresome, at best. It's also a little alienating as America's "far left" is more or less right of centre for every other nation in the world. As a Canadian I almost feel like Don probably thinks I'm a complete asshole because of where we sit as a progressive nation lol.

The actual "dark matters" part of the show is outstanding, but you lose me on the right wing American political tangents. Just being honest, not hatin. :D

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions so far. A set ( or sets! ) of fresh eyes give me a perspective that I might otherwise miss.

Now, for example ... last night with Walter Bosley ... we did something that I do not believe has EVER been done on RADIO before. At the top of Hour 01 Walter did a quick RV session on the front paws of the Sphinx. Did you catch that? Freaken' awsome!

Thank you all, and please do not be shy about guest suggestions, music, etc. If it pops into your mind drop me a line.

Thanks ....

Decker

Dang I missed this show, didnt manage to wake up in time!
I'll post some thoughts on the show here when i get a mo this weekend.

The actual "dark matters" part of the show is outstanding, but you lose me on the right wing American political tangents. Just being honest, not hatin. :D

Zombie, I was not sure I wanted to get into this but buddy, I must say I am stumped. Political rants?

Since I brought DMR back to the air waves I have gone out of my way to keep it 98% (or more) paranormal. I have stated a number of times that we do not do political. However, it is MY SHOW and there are times I will give MY OPINION on something I, perhaps, feel strongly about. Now, you stated that I have done right wing rants? Okay, where, when, who, what, and show?

I will say this, if I did do a rant, there would never be a mistake that I did one.

Decker

My point is one others have raised. The sound levels are sometimes well out of whack. I like listening to the show while driving. On some shows the guests are so quiet I have to keep turning the volume up and down depending who's talking. Last year, it put me off listening for a while.

There's one more point. I could be wrong and deserve flaming if I am. On your website Dark Matters Radio, I can't find a link to the interview archives. This one...Dark Matters Radio should be on the site right up top.

This is all just constructive criticism, I enjoy your interviews on Paracast and the DMR shows very much. :)

Don,

I was thinking that now that Hoagland has begun to stray further into zany territory (?) with his latest theories - especially his Phobos theory - perhaps you could get him on the show and have him explain his ideas to us... and then grill him.

It has been awhile since Hoagland has been confronted without the Ref in his corner (excepting the Zubrin incident), and even then he has not been questioned adequately. For example, he is yet to point out a single structure on phobos - other than the monoloith - which he thnks is artificial. When asked to identify any specific potential structures, he almost always says something along the lines of "just look at the stunning, repeating rectilinear geometry" and goes on to not answer the question in as many words as possible.

Basically Hoaghland's not been challenged lately. He's had the run of the radio and it seems to have gone to his head.

The man seems to love attention, so maybe he would do a show if you asked him. I would definitely like to hear him on the show, even if you go easy on him.

Don,

Basically Hoaghland's not been challenged lately. He's had the run of the radio and it seems to have gone to his head.

The man seems to love attention, so maybe he would do a show if you asked him. I would definitely like to hear him on the show, even if you go easy on him.

Several months ago I had invited him on DMR and he told me he had "a big appearance" coming up on C2C and "I would have to wait." He claimed he would then contact me, etc. I got the impression that he might be expecting me to kiss his ring or some such nonsense in order to get him on. Well, that ain't gonna happen. I will drop ol' Dick a note and see. But I don't do ass kissing as you all might know. FWIW.

Decker

I will drop ol' Dick a note and see. But I don't do ass kissing as you all might know.

Don, if you do ever get him to come on the show I would love for you to get him to tell us something about his background other than his pat answers about the museum and the Cronkite name dropping. Does he have a PHD, a GED, is he self-taught or what?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back