• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Just got buzzed by copter

My cousin has had locals in ultralights "buzz" her farmhouse on several occasions (this is the haunted house I wrote about in the thread "The House on Edgerton Road"). At one point, one of these clowns nearly hit her roof. She got fed up with it and reported their behaviour to the police (stating that she believed the pilot was drunk, IIRC). The cops tracked down the pilot and he was told that if one more complaint was lodged against him, his pilot license would be revoked and he would be facing charges.

If the people buzzing your house are at all legit (private pilots being nosy, joyriders, etc.), a quick call to the local authorities may put a quick end to this nonsense.

my wife says i should phone the police, but all i really have is a colour scheme and a time.
if i could get the registration of the thing i would personally make so much noise on the civil aviation authoritys doorstep, the idiot would be lucky to end up with a drivers license.

my wife says i should phone the police, but all i really have is a colour scheme and a time.
if i could get the registration of the thing i would personally make so much noise on the civil aviation authoritys doorstep, the idiot would be lucky to end up with a drivers license.
Mike, was it your impression that the chopper had no registration numbers at all, or that you just could not see them? On small airplanes, the numbers have to be in very large script that you can read from the ground (given sufficiently low altitude), but on choppers, I don't think there's room enough on some of them to write the letters large enough. In any case, get some binoculars!

I would still report it. In the very least, the police will give you proper guidance to putting an end to this nonsense. It is possible that others may have complained about this kind of behaviour and the police may have an ongoing investigation. With the time and colour scheme, it is possible that the copter took off from a local airport and the police may be able to track them down that way.

I would still report it. In the very least, the police will give you proper guidance to putting an end to this nonsense. It is possible that others may have complained about this kind of behaviour and the police may have an ongoing investigation. With the time and colour scheme, it is possible that the copter took off from a local airport and the police may be able to track them down that way.
That's a really good idea. A helicopter's range is not all that high--especially the smaller ones. It had to have taken off relatively locally. Unless, of course, it refuels at the underground alien base!

Although your brother saw the chopper too? Or was he too young to remember?

I think he might already have been pulled into the house at that point, but regardless, he doesn't have a memory of a helicopter. He was still fairly young at that point - I'm 3 years older than him, I was probably 9 or 10.

dB

I think he might already have been pulled into the house at that point, but regardless, he doesn't have a memory of a helicopter. He was still fairly young at that point - I'm 3 years older than him, I was probably 9 or 10.

dB

Interesting. Im having fun imagining possible alternatives to the chopper :D

Out of curiosity, how goes the search for the Caracas newspaper? Still no luck I take it? (based on a comment in a recent episode I think)

i did speak to a constable from the local area command, she confirmed that some bushwalkers were lost around that time, but it was a long long way from where i live, there was no reason for a chopper to be in my suburb, and she also confirmed it would have been Polair with its blue white and gold livery, not a red and black one.

My girlfriend heard someone flying over our place again with a paraglider the other night...around 3 or 4 in the a.m. She said she couldn't wake me up. I had very lucid dreams that night.

My girlfriend heard someone flying over our place again with a paraglider the other night...around 3 or 4 in the a.m. She said she couldn't wake me up. I had very lucid dreams that night.

Do you remember any of the specifics about the dreams?

My cousin has had locals in ultralights "buzz" her farmhouse on several occasions (this is the haunted house I wrote about in the thread "The House on Edgerton Road"). At one point, one of these clowns nearly hit her roof. She got fed up with it and reported their behaviour to the police (stating that she believed the pilot was drunk, IIRC). The cops tracked down the pilot and he was told that if one more complaint was lodged against him, his pilot license would be revoked and he would be facing charges.

If the people buzzing your house are at all legit (private pilots being nosy, joyriders, etc.), a quick call to the local authorities may put a quick end to this nonsense.

Actually, you don't need a license for an ultra-light.

Do you remember any of the specifics about the dreams?
I was trying to fill a bucket with water to take back to a cabin to save a trio of thirsty baby protoceratopses living in an old grandfather clock. The task of gathering the water was made very difficult because there was a belligerent red bull with one horn broken that would charge anytime I turned my back.

I was trying to fill a bucket with water to take back to a cabin to save a trio of thirsty baby protoceratopses living in an old grandfather clock. The task of gathering the water was made very difficult because there was a belligerent red bull with one horn broken that would charge anytime I turned my back.

oh come on now.

Really?

Actually, you don't need a license for an ultra-light.

In Canada you do:

From: http://www.pilotfriend.com/training/flight_training/can_micro.htm

To Legally Fly an Ultralight Aeroplane in Canada

If you are presently unlicensed you must get a Pilot Permit - Ultralight Aeroplane. The requirements are:

• be at least 16 yrs of age (14 for a student permit)
• have a Class 4 medical - declared
• take a Transport Canada approved ground school
• take a Transport Canada written test, ULTRA (Air Regulations, Procedures, etc.)
• have a total of 10 hours flying time, including not less than 5 hours dual instruction and 2 hours solo flying
• flight time to include 30 takeoffs, circuits, and landings, 10 as sole occupant of the plane.

If you already have a Private Pilot License Aeroplane (PPL-A) or a Recreational Pilot Permit (RPP), you may fly an ultralight as a privilege of that license. A checkout is strongly recommended.

The ultralight pilot permit is a separate permit. You may hold it along with aa higher licence. The credits for the RPP holder towards the Ultralight Permit are not available at this time.

----------------------------

For the record, I am not sure the planes that buzzed my cousin's would be literally classified as "ultralights". The planes have a small engine in them, but are very small light planes designed for one person.

There are many anecdotal reports about helicopters. It is very interesting to see the video. The thermal "trigger" is also food for thought. Someday if I get brave, I'll write up my helicopter experience from 9/9/01 in the East Village of NYC.
There are people who engage in a spiritual practice (I'll try to look up which one) who swear that when they do it, black helicopters show up. This meditation was explained to me more than once by followers of this practice. One day while in NJ a couple of years ago, I decided to try certain meditation which causes the helicopters to show up. (That is not the purpose of the meditation, BTW.) Sure enough, in a couple of minutes I hear a helicopter coming over. Helicopters are not a regular feature in the area involved, but not truly rare. So I being a chicken immediately halted the meditation. I must say honestly that I am not convinced that this was not simply accidental. Seems this helicopter connection has some significance. Are we being watched and if so by whom?

There are people who engage in a spiritual practice (I'll try to look up which one) who swear that when they do it, black helicopters show up. This meditation was explained to me more than once by followers of this practice. One day while in NJ a couple of years ago, I decided to try certain meditation which causes the helicopters to show up. (That is not the purpose of the meditation, BTW.) Sure enough, in a couple of minutes I hear a helicopter coming over. [/quote

I gotta know more.

I must qualify this post by saying I neither endorse nor condemn this practice. That being said I know several persons who I respect who value this practice and one woman who is a respected medical professional who, IMHO, is way over the top with it. That is she has lost a bit of her grasp on our mutually agreed upon reality over this practice. But who is to say that we all have to agree on this reality. ;-)
It is the Merkaba meditation of
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drunvalo Melchizedek. That is not his given name and I have never met him. The following is the website: www.floweroflife.org
OK. I feel like I have done due diligence in saying that this is not a recommendation nor a condemnation. If I had more free time (and money) I might choose to investigate but I am not a joiner nor do I easily "believe", but I have a very open mind on what might be possible.
Best,
Fahrusha
[/FONT]

This is in nearby San Antonio, which happens to be Whitley Strieber's birthplace. The guy gets buzzed by a chopper at about 6:15. I noticed the dog whimpered at 5:45, just as the guy noticed the sound of the helicopter.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/As2zXTBgq4w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Back