• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Just got buzzed by copter

mike

Paranormal Adept
as i responded to another thread just now i became aware of a helicopter sound, but after a while it didnt move on and i went to the window, lo and behold there is a red and black helicopter banking in a circle flying around my house. i grabbed by camera and started filming, and it imediatly went out of its bank and flew off to the south, 2 mins later i heard it again, and it just flew up out of the gully to the west of me and straight over the roof......

very odd thing indeed

this is the second time this has happened , the last was over ten years ago

i have two short sequences, what happened was unusual.
i heard the noise, and ignored it until the time span became so long it caught my attention, i ran to the window and saw the chopper very low banking and circling the house, i ran and grabbed camera and hearing it had gone round the back started filming the first sequence from the rear balcony , i estimate that it had gone around the house at least twice by the time i jumped up to investigate, it seemed as if the occupants became aware of the camera and it shot off to the south.

i turned the camera off and went inside and a min or so later i heard the engine again, this time i ran to the front window with camera and filmed it return from the west and fly straight over the top of my house.

i think my wife has a YT account for family stuff, i'll try and get it posted there
the chopper seems smaller in the video than i describe, i didnt have time to get the zoom on, you cant even see the red in the colour scheme, but you can hear the noise.

uploading now shouldnt be too long

So you have any unusual hobbies? Typically, a helicopter flying over your house means they are using FLIR on it, to check out what you might be doing, thermally.

Unusual electrical consumption is what sets them off. I have two space heaters in my house upstairs, and like clockwork, at the beginning of winter, we get the helicopters flying over.

It's how they bust pot farmers.

ok first one, taken from rear balcony after sighting it from the front and grabbing camera.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0CyZYCmFGQM&feature=channel

it disapears to the south

in the next one ive returned to front window and follow thru house to rear as it goes over.

i estimate it had circled the hosue at least twice before i got up to see what whas happening, the first pass i would have subconciously filed as a low flyover, it would have at least one if not more passes before it dawned on me something unusual was happening.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jEclcOLmdKg&feature=channel

again i only find the zoom button at the end of the last sequence, and it doesnt look all that close in the vids, but i assure you this guy was low when he was circling, the noise is what caught my attention in the end, the combination of the loudness which rather than peak then fade as is typical in a flyover, remained constant for some time

the last time this happened the chopper was all black with no registration or other markings on it and there was no doubt that this house was the centre of the circle.

im familiar with the marking of Polair (police) and rural fire service craft as well as the local news and corporate sponsored rescue choppers. they were none of these

Is your house rather isolated from others, or is it part of a larger neighborhood? It looks like the former from the vids. How many acres do you have?

now thats spooky, i just got thru joking with my wife it was the NWO having read my resume........

i live on a ridge inside a national park, i think this is a half acre block, the one next to us is 5 acres behind is the blue mountains national park, and across the road is another house, and a cliff which drops into a gully.
there is only a single row of houses either side of the street the behind them miles of bush.
thats the other thing there are regulations about flying over this area as its "inside" a national park private operators are not allowed to fly in here esp at that low altitude, theres been a long running battle between would be tourist flight operators and local council and parks and wildlife services. there should not be choppers doing this unless they are police or fire brigade/rescue jobs.

it doesnt seem remote because from the street you see a normal looking suburban frontage, but i suppose it is when you consider most of us can walk from the rear of our propertys straight into miles of national park

Do you still have the meth labs set up?

its not beyond the realms..... i have installed a greenhouse recently, and i have a neighbour who the police have once sheduled to a psychiatric centre.
the nut may have made an anonymous call.....
but unless tomato ,lettuce and cucumber are illegal then i have nothing to worry about, must look up lemongrass... just to be safe :)
its possible if the police are looking for "pot houses" it makes sense to use an unmarked chopper, no point tipping the crims off by circling polair round the weed pile.

but there was no hothouse the first time this happened ten years ago.

if that is the case its a twist, i installed the greenhouse to grow the basic vegies we used to purchase at the supermarket, to minimise the transport fuel that went into the fresh food we ate, the bloody chopper just ate up any carbon credit we may have earned so far in doing so.

ah well the vegies still taste better anyway

the very idea is enough to make me want to source whisky all the way from scotland, drink the contents and bang my head with the empty bottle

Mike I love the sound of your property. Sounds like a great little hideaway with some beautiful scenery all around.

Plus you can have fun imagining an alien base hidden somewhere in the area. Read some Timothy Good and let your mind wander.

Mike I love the sound of your property. Sounds like a great little hideaway with some beautiful scenery all around.

Plus you can have fun imagining an alien base hidden somewhere in the area. Read some Timothy Good and let your mind wander.

oddly enough we have already been aproached by a perfect stranger on the street here, who related his personal experiences with an alien base located according to him further down our road deep within the park........he warned us not to go there..... they put "wires in your head" he says

the stars are very bright here, up in the mountains away from sydneys glow, there is even a small observatory just down the road.
great place except for these pesky low flying choppers lol

oddly enough we have already been aproached by a perfect stranger on the street here, who related his personal experiences with an alien base located according to him further down our road deep within the park........he warned us not to go there..... they put "wires in your head" he says

I've heard a tin-foil hat will help with that. And if the power is underground you won't have to worry about the control signals coming off the telephone poles.

its not beyond the realms..... i have installed a greenhouse recently, and i have a neighbour who the police have once sheduled to a psychiatric centre.
the nut may have made an anonymous call.....
but unless tomato ,lettuce and cucumber are illegal then i have nothing to worry about, must look up lemongrass... just to be safe :)
its possible if the police are looking for "pot houses" it makes sense to use an unmarked chopper, no point tipping the crims off by circling polair round the weed pile.

but there was no hothouse the first time this happened ten years ago.

if that is the case its a twist, i installed the greenhouse to grow the basic vegies we used to purchase at the supermarket, to minimise the transport fuel that went into the fresh food we ate, the bloody chopper just ate up any carbon credit we may have earned so far in doing so.

ah well the vegies still taste better anyway

the very idea is enough to make me want to source whisky all the way from scotland, drink the contents and bang my head with the empty bottle

It's the greenhouse. They're probably using FLIR again, as apparently pot plants show up on Flir differently than other plants.

Anyone who decides to grow their own food in ANY kind of greenhouse can look forward to visits, and flyovers by the FEDs. It's all because of the mythical war on drugs.

Heaven forbid that you actually do something legal like grow your own food, or start a nursery for plants.

Theyre just keeping tabs on who will be able to survive and grow their own food when the apocalypse hits in around 4 years.

2010 is my guess, not 2012.

It's the first thing I'm going to do after buying a house, is to build a lexan fiberglass greenhouse on my property.

the stars are very bright here, up in the mountains away from sydneys glow, there is even a small observatory just down the road.
great place except for these pesky low flying choppers lol

You're lucky...I came back to NZ 7 1/2 years ago with the intention of buying a telescope, and having missed the sight of a sky full of stars...and found to my horror that Wellington is now almost as bad as Dublin with light pollution. And that happened in just 4 years. I believe very strongly that the sight of the Milky Way is every human being's birthright.
It's also key to having any sense of perspective (I liked the way Tolkien used the sight of stars...as something people could look at and know that no matter how bad things got, the evil on Earth (or Middle Earth to be precise) could never touch them).
In my paranoid (or more precisely, paranoid drunk) moments I think that the corporate rulers of human kind would rather we not look at the stars, because they remind us we are not dogs.
Hell, that Pils must be stronger than I thought. Better get back to work.

:D for the record i ended up sourcing a lite beer brewed and packed less than 90 mins from where i live....

i would have put drug squad chopper up there at number one but for having had the same thing with a black helicopter about 10 years ago. and there was no hothouse then, there was a lifesized short grey in the front window though and since it attracted people to the gate for a look see, i rationalised the black helicopter as related to that.
the grey has since been moved out of the window following a nasty incident with a telephone linemans.......it would have been funny on TV, but he was actually screaming at one point, whether that was because of the grey, or the fact that he suffered a partial disconnect with the ladder in his initial fright i thought impolite to ask.

the hothouse does have a small hydroponic array on one wall, the salad bar which gives me fresh lettuce, it works very well, the rest is given over to tomaoes and cucumbers and herbs like basil etc.

im saving at least $20 a week at the supermarket and at that rate it will be paid for in 2 years. its an aluminium frame with polycarbonate panels (we get hail ,glass is out) which are setup so you have a double glaze effect and they are just about indestructable. the effect inside is odd, sometimes you get a rainbow shimmer to the air, but its not like the hard primarys of prism refraction more like the sort you see on a sea shell.
i didnt see any FLIR array on the aircraft, but i imagine they would be hiding these systems these days, and not just tacking them on like they use too. im certain the occupants could see me though, they appeared to react to the camera when i pointed it at them

the grey has since been moved out of the window following a nasty incident with a telephone linemans.......it would have been funny on TV, but he was actually screaming at one point, whether that was because of the grey, or the fact that he suffered a partial disconnect with the ladder in his initial fright i thought impolite to ask.

OMG poor bloke..... did he eventually calm down or simply run away into the bushes?

im certain the occupants could see me though, they appeared to react to the camera when i pointed it at them

Maybe they were growing pot inside the helicopter and thought YOU were on a drugs bust ;)

Back