• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John F. Kennedy Assassination Conspiracy

This works out well if you don't require any evidence for it.

Just curious if you think the reports from bystanders on the ground of a distinct smell of gunpowder are worth any consideration. They heard shots and just associated that with the smell of gunpowder and hallucinated the smell? Pure fabrication? Or?

Even if we assume for the sake of argument that Lee Harvey was able to place three fatal shots from the depository window, curious things about this and subsequent events remain. Taken in context of the so-called 'decade of assassination', this one is passing strange.

Regarding the magic bullet: We are asked to believe it passed through many inches of tissue in two human bodies, shattering bone along the way to emerge in near pristine condition to be conveniently discovered on governor Connally's stretcher. Whereas the presumably same type of round caused JFK's head to virtually explode. Intuitively, at least, this seems illogical. I would like to hear from anyone here with extensive experience in high velocity rounds.

Last edited:
A couple of things:

1. Having seen Mark Lane in action at several of his early lectures, I always felt he was at least fundamentally sincere in his approach. That doesn't say he wasn't mistaken, but one shouldn't just dismiss people like him as just "conspiracy buffs."

2. Some of the hard evidence in the case has never been released. If this was all the work of a crazy lone gunman who acted without someone's direction or cooperation, why withhold anything?

I'm curious about #2 as well, but do we know if it is indeed hard evidence? I'm guessing that when it finally gets released (supposedly in 2017) we'll have some more material to speculate on, including more confirmation that intelligence agencies aren't very good at sharing their puzzle pieces with each other.

Hi There Boomerang,
The magic bullet was not pristine.

No--but I think it could reasonably be described as, (I said) "near pristine" considering the damage attributed to it. It does indeed show some longitudinal flattening. But its condition seems remarkably good. Pics are all over the net, including on our old friend Wikipedia: Single-bullet theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I take it that opinions regarding expected vs observed condition of the bullet, and comparative analysis of it with fragments and rounds found elsewhere, are varied.

One of the many things that has always puzzled me about the assassination's aftermath is why Oswald didn't take credit for the murder and use the several encounters with journalists after his arrest to promote his political motivations for committing the crime. He certainly had a history of being "out spoken" and was presented as being politically motivated. There were several occasions where he had the "world's ear" so to speak before he was killed, but did nothing but declare his ignorance and innocence.

Granted, everything I've mentioned is really meaningless, but Oswald acted extremely calm. When he is told by the reporter that he is charged with the murder of the president there is this reaction that seems to indicate surprise. If he did it he knew the evidence was there and would be found and he had no "escape plan" that we know of, he had to expect to be charged with the assassination.

A couple of other questions I have are, If the ballistics show that Oswald's revolver wasn't used to kill Officer Tippet, why is it always presented that Oswald killed him? Who killed Tippet and why? Here is a link to one theory where Oswald is a CIA operative.

Also, why did the Dallas police force come to the theater in such numbers on the report of someone sneaking in without paying while a city wide manhunt was underway?

How far ahead did Oswald have to plan the assassination? When did he "know" that the president's uncovered vehicle would make a slow turn in front of his place of employment?

I know these are side issues and don't confirm or deny anything, these are just things that bother me.

Last edited:
Yes, Oswald tried to fire the revolver in the theater, but was prevented by an arresting officer. Maybe I'm thinking about the mix of ammunition brands used. It's been so long since I've rummaged around in all of this.

I am interested in the planning stages and what evidence there is for that. I guess the idea is he read about it in the paper and then retrieved the "curtain rods" from the house where his wife was staying and winged it from there.

R-r--r roswelllll! You hadda do it! Here's the real link between JFK and aliens:
ATT00001.jpg

Dr. Cyril Wecht, forensic pathologist expert for hire.
He'll appear in the program or courtroom of your choice, please clearly state the nature of your desired testimony and enclose it along with the check. After the testimony, please join Dr. Wecht in the lobby where he'll be happy to autographed copies of his book at the event.
From Alien Autopsy, Jon Benet Ramsey, OJ Simpson or JFK, he's the best money can buy!

I just stumbled upon Timothy Leary's contribution to the JFK "mystery"
I've never heard of this before. Does anybody know if the story has anything to do with reality?

Last edited:
I just stumbled upon Timthy Leay's contribution to the JFK "mystery"
I've never heard of this before. Does anybody know if the story has anything to do with reality?

I can't remember watching this before. JFK was allegedly sleeping with Cord Meyer's wife. She was obviously executed and there were rumors of JFK dropping acid. I don't know though maybe those rumors came from this story.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah, it does seem like an execution, that was the word that came to my mind, too. But the guy who committed the alleged assault/robbery obviously got convicted and there was no sign of anyone else being involved (?)

I guess the question is if Leary was telling nothing but the truth or if he exaggerated or made up parts of it, like his own relationship with the woman, the indication that she was trying to alter Kennedy's mind and politics and her telephone call after the assassination, that "he was changing too fast" and "they will cover everything up".

I know that "the former co-host" wasn't very impressed by Timothy Leary when he met him once. But would he just go and make all this up?

An interesting fellow to the end, Leary's head was removed at the time of his death, and frozen- all recorded on video. So, maybe the human race will one day be able to reactivate or reanimate (cartoon "Futurama") I read a book he wrote many years ago- with tales of escaping from prison and such. There was a period in America, before lsd was made illegal, Leary was shouting about it from the rooftops of Colleges- while some truely believed this chemistry could quietly "awaken" the human race if left alone, and out of the spotlight.

But would he just go and make all this up?

Possibly, but that reminds me of another issue, one of memory. As we recall things, it's a more creative process than we'd like to admit, and often events are rebuilt to suit our current tastes, attitudes and beliefs. In the case at hand, with multiple mysteries, it'd be very easy to let current knowledge connect with murky details and suspicions. Another ingredient in stories either intentionally false or not, is the tendency of the narrator to enhance their role in the story.

All that is generalization- I have absolutely no direct knowledge of Leary or his story.

Lance, i watched this documentary last night and i think you should watch it when you have the time. It might open your mind a bit to other possibilities. Below is just something i thought I'd share with you and see what you think. Other people on the forum feel free to give an opinion also.

Around the 15th minute, former senator John Sherman Cooper John Sherman Cooper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia who as you know was a member of the Warren commission says there was disagreements between the members of the Commission, and he himself and another member of the Warren commission doubted the magic bullet theory.

Last edited:
Sigh. The subsequent claims are rehashes of rehashes of conspiracy claims. If you think any one of them is the slam dunk idea that you would change your mind about the conspiracy if you knew that it was wrong, I am willing to tackle it but what I have done so far is examine lots of conspiracy claims brought up by folks, who then, with no discussion of those previous claims, bring up other dubious stuff.

And I appreciate that Lance. Yes, you've made some really good points. I'd like to say, you've swept the cobwebs of conspiracy from my mind, but I can't. I swear though man, it's like the whole UFO question. I am of two minds and suffer from cognitive dissidence most of the time where these subjects are concerned. The remedy would seem to be education, but the more I learn the more I doubt my previous conclusions which causes me to wonder about the ones I'm making now. I'm left with a lot of "I don't know for sure."

Last edited:
Back