• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Oberg is an…

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
I can hear Don say "well Ryan tell us how you really feel"

Well it was Don who kicked Obergs butt on Larry King but I degress.

I have to admit I have had it with Oberg and his nonsense. I was watching NASA's Unexplained Files last night. These are the 2014 new episodes and I almost vomited on my TV when I saw how the debunkers ruined it.

This astronaut saw a "V" formation of lights move past the Shuttle quickly and Oberg is dumb enough to attempt to say that this Astronaut misidentified a fleet of fishing vessels in the ocean? This is so laughable I can barely stop laughing at this explanation. First of all the who thinks the Astronaut is dumb enough not to be able to tell the difference and could tell he was looking at Earth. Second he said they moved rather quickly which doesn't sound like a fleet of fishing vessels in the ocean which per Earths rotation would take several minutes to pass by if you were looking at it from the Shuttle. Nonsense IMHO. Astronaut Leroy Chiao Opens Up About His 2005 UFO Sighting

I can hear Don say "well Ryan tell us how you really feel"

Well it was Don who kicked Obergs butt on Larry King but I degress.

I have to admit I have had it with Oberg and his nonsense. I was watching NASA's Unexplained Files last night. These are the 2014 new episodes and I almost vomited on my TV when I saw how the debunkers ruined it.

This astronaut saw a "V" formation of lights move past the Shuttle quickly and Oberg is dumb enough to attempt to say that this Astronaut misidentified a fleet of fishing vessels in the ocean? This is so laughable I can barely stop laughing at this explanation. First of all the who thinks the Astronaut is dumb enough not to be able to tell the difference and could tell he was looking at Earth. Second he said they moved rather quickly which doesn't sound like a fleet of fishing vessels in the ocean which per Earths rotation would take several minutes to pass by if you were looking at it from the Shuttle. Nonsense IMHO. Astronaut Leroy Chiao Opens Up About His 2005 UFO Sighting

Well yes some will go to any length to debunk even if the explanation is so silly that even a two year old could work it out.
I remember one of the explanations for the kaikoura Lights incident in New Zealand in the 1970s was put down to light reflecting from cabbage leaves by one skeptic .. hell the UFO explanation makes way more sense.
Being skeptical is one thing and being an ass is another thing entirely and Oberg is the latter.

people like Mr Carr buy his BS unquestioned, look at the sts 80 footage i asked Mr Carrs opinion on, he linked to an oberg rebuttal and said he fully concured, and hand-waved it away, the irony unbeknown to our mr carr was, that the debunk was for a different bit of footage, footage that wasnt even on the same orbit, this is how it works, THEY claim to be UFO buff's, but they are NASA men thru and thru, and are to be trusted as much as nasa.

bytheway, has anyone ever seen shuttle footage of lights on earth, i mean ive watched lots of footage where cities are one big blurred light, but fishing boat lights i find ludicrous, however i would like to see examples of single, or small cluster lights on earth showing in shuttle footage, theres literally 1000s of hours of footage, half of it atleast should be of the darkside, surely oberg did what all debunkers do, and found a look - likey bit of footage for comparison.

My reports are at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html and I welcome criticism on facts and logic. Simply shouting that your minds cannot grasp the arguments presented and that YOUR knowledge prescribes the limits of human knowledge, really isn't good argument. And yes, Chiao did see a fishing fleet, it also showed up on a weather satellite photo of the region, and videos from ISS external cameras often show such fleets, just search on youtube for other examples. Come on, guys, stop making debunking UFO opinions to pathetically EASY.

It certainly is an on-going story line.

I'm not following all the contemporary ufo industry daily claims of ISS UFOs, except to make a larger observation.

Although the common explanation of shuttle UFO videos, as ice flakes, is subject to a lot of mockery nowadays, we should all realize there’s been a marked change in the visual nature of 'space UFO videos' since the shuttle stopped flying. Gone are the fleets of UFOs, the criss-cross drifting and zig-zagging of multiple objects seen on camera views.

This change has occurred since the ISS, unlike the shuttle, doesn't dump waste water, and rarely uses thrusters for attitude control. So naturally, pseudo-UFOs created by such prosaic factors on shuttle missions have ALSO stopped -- replaced by distinctive new features of the new optical systems providing continuous external views.

This fundamental qualitative shift of the appearance of 'space UFOs' that coincides with a fundamental technological change of spacecraft routine operations seems to me to a powerful argument that the videos are CAUSED by the technological features of whichever spacecraft was carrying the cameras.

If the videos were caused by factors external to the spacecraft [such as alien vehicles], why have they visually changed so dramatically?

www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

James Oberg's Pioneering Space

BTW - Jim, have you seen the videos that show what appears to be fleets of UFO's flying in formation. Impressive. It's from the Martyn Stubb's NASA footage. What is your 'take' on the footage?

Also, there is the UFO that gets seen from the American and Russian space stations' perspectives. What was that?

Hi Jim, thanks for stopping by.

Would you say that sometimes 'sceptical' people blindly offer silly explanations to explain UFO sightings sometimes? (I am talking about the occasions in which the 'explanation' is almost as unlikely as a 'real' UFO?)

I am no true-believer and have no fixed opinion on the UFO subject, but as much as I'll call out people for deciding that 'it must be aliens' without justification, I often see debunking explanations which are frankly ridiculous.

I suppose I'm asking if you would conceded that 'true belief' holds for both sides..

@Goggs Mackay I'd suggest you not ask a question of someone on a thread that pre-supposes the person is an idiot in the thread's title. Besides the title being a massive troll, it asks the person to engage in his own trolling. Just saying.

Good to see you jumping into the fray, Jim. :)

Jim may have jumped into the "fray" but I have been attempting to get him to guest with me on DMR for years and he refuses. I must then assume Jim is afraid to come on with me for an interview. Why Jim?

Decker

@Goggs Mackay I'd suggest you not ask a question of someone on a thread that pre-supposes the person is an idiot in the thread's title. Besides the title being a massive troll, it asks the person to engage in his own trolling. Just saying.

?? You have puzzled me! You are suggesting I don't ask a question in this thread, yet you had yourself already asked a question? Also I don't see the word idiot in the title and even if someone had written that title, it wouldn't make my participating any kind of approval, as I would not condone such a title myself. I posed the question here because I saw that Jim had already posted so there was no better place to address a question to him.:)

?? You have puzzled me! You are suggesting I don't ask a question in this thread, yet you had yourself already asked a question? Also I don't see the word idiot in the title and even if someone had written that title, it wouldn't make my participating any kind of approval, as I would not condone such a title myself. I posed the question here because I saw that Jim had already posted so there was no better place to address a question to him.:)
I did ask a question but I at once started a new thread because I realized the thread title was insulting to Jim Oberg, and said as much.

The title had the insult in it when you posted.

Anyway, Jim posted but has since gone walk-about. Too bad. Would have liked a conversation.

Jim may have jumped into the "fray" but I have been attempting to get him to guest with me on DMR for years and he refuses. I must then assume Jim is afraid to come on with me for an interview. Why Jim?

Decker

I'm interested in getting on for a debate with
I did ask a question but I at once started a new thread because I realized the thread title was insulting to Jim Oberg, and said as much.

The title had the insult in it when you posted.

Anyway, Jim posted but has since gone walk-about. Too bad. Would have liked a conversation.

That may have been my sortie into North Korea, but now I'm back.

Decker
Your batting average with such assumptions is shaky, when are you going to get Jack Kasher on with me so I can confront him with his STS-48 zig-zagger foolishness.??

Back