• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Moseley Show

J.T.

Maybe Logic
Always a delight to hear Jim Moseley's recollections of the early days of the field. Can't say I have anything intelligent to add, except it was a joy and I'll be first in line to download the next episode he appears on. Much appreciated.

Good Show and enjoyed hearing about the Mr Adamski Case and others characters in Ufology history:). However, disagree on creating hoaxes to gain publicity for Ufology/Strange Awarrness which adds to the skeptics ammo of ridicule !
Christopher your 'trickster' voice is getting darker and watch out man it will get you :)

Always a good show but I gotta say the new radio format is not kind to Jim. Not that he rambles exactly but his stories are complex and detailed and shoe-horning them into 9 minute segments feels akward sometimes.

I would agree that Jim did the field of ufology no favours with his pranks but in his defense he probably thought at the time that the mystery would be solved by now. Besides, I think we're all permitted to make collosally stupid mistakes in our 20s.

Just got through listening to the always entertaining Jim Moseley. Have to agree that the format was a little awkward for his somewhat leisurely style.

I doubt that his pranks did any serious harm. Adamski at least seems to have realized what was up and apparently made the most of it.

Agree and enjoyed Mr Moseley show and at least he admitted his conduct regarding pranks where's those currently today soak up the spotlight and provided so called images of friendly ET :)

I doubt that his pranks did any serious harm. Adamski at least seems to have realized what was up and apparently made the most of it.

I really take a dim view of pranks, hoaxes, and practical jokes that the UFO community has perpetrated upon itself. Anything that adds to the mythos and muddies the waters is counterproductive and has far-reaching consequences.

I really take a dim view of pranks, hoaxes, and practical jokes that the UFO community has perpetrated upon itself. Anything that adds to the mythos and muddies the waters is counterproductive and has far-reaching consequences.

Lol, somebody actually thought that was the real thing?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Wow, don't know why he's so against trying a computer to do his typing. It's soooo much easier and the software is pretty easy to learn if you're not looking to do something complicated. I make typos all the time and it would suck to have to leave all of that on the page or start over.

LOL, I liked it when Gene asked him about the typewriter ribbon. Someone posted that question a few days ago. Mr. Mosely is what I consider "old school". He reminds me of the Unabomber when it comes to technology. I do like listening to him tho. He reminds me of my granpappy who used to give me a Werthers Original, drink some Jack and tell me stories of the "good ole days". Of course after 10 shots he would start calling me Timmy and my name is Joe.

Mr Mosely is quite a character and very entertaining. One thing is for sure, you don't have to wonder what he thinks of any particular person he has dealt with, he will tell you quick whether or not he likes them or not, I appreciate his candor.

That is so true.....if my memory serves me correct, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard the episode where Mr Mosely gave his thoughts on the wonderful, inteligent Mr. Decker.......HILARIOUS!!!!

I was listening to the Skepticality podcast once when they were interviewing a person who professionally fakes crop circles (really complex ones at that). The insinuation that all crop circles are fake, and by extension everything paranormal is fake. When asked (jokingly) if he had ever seen anything out of the normal while scamming the "true believers", the man said..."oh, sure, like lights flying down through the field.

Jim Mosely reminds me of that guy. Maybe he is a scammer, but I think he knows about the real thing too.

Fun show.

This was one of the few casts I wasn't satisfied with.

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoyed the Mosely show. I really appreciated his wit, accusing the paracast staff of time manipulation and such. It's just that I wish that it would have been longer, which is a good thing.

The insinuation that all crop circles are fake, and by extension everything paranormal is fake.

That is totally fallacious. The fact that complex crop circles are made by human beings does not say anything about anything else, allegedly paranormal or otherwise.

Nothing is more paranormal to me than someone preferring a typewriter to a word processor.

Fun episode. Too bad he won't be one of the guests that visits this forum, although I'm sure Gene will relay any messages to him.

It was a good show. Any show where UFO history is covered by guys who were there is a good show in my book.

What was the cost for a year of UFO smear?

I had been friends with Olde Jim for 'yarin' and 'yarin' ('years' in the 1970's Galactica-speak) and though his pranks have not helped "Ufoology", Meeee-thinks, that his non-glossy non-scheduled Zine actually has. In that, very important element of Ufology is not just the phenomenon. But the people in it, as well. This is because sometimes a person is ultimately behind a Ufo case and not a real Ufo. For example, a guy like that (self proclaimed) 'Dr.' who is running with his story of the 'Alien' he put in foil in his freezer, who killed the pet dog. (I watched the TV investigative crew 'Fact Or Faked' --debunk-- that case recently.) So, Saucer Smear focused on the Sociology/Psychology of the Ufo phenomenon subject, however, in a way that humorless self/important Ufologists utterly utterly HATE.

Really enjoyable episode, the 'Stanford' discussion, him meeting Truman, and him taking jabs at the commercial breaks stood out for me. Also the Hall and Keyhoe anecdotes (from Gene as well), the man is a treasure trove.
I also really like Mr. Moseleys look on 'the UFO thing', at least as far as I can construct it from the past and current Interview(s).
When there are no real answers to a phenomenon after years and years, I tend to get quite cynical. I think I can learn from his attitude towards this subject.

Great man.

P.S: You Have to get Dr. Jacobs back on (if at all possible after the last few months)

Thanks Gene and Chris

Really enjoyable episode, the man is a treasure trove.
When there are no real answers to a phenomenon after years and years, I tend to get quite cynical. I think I can learn from his attitude towards this subject.

He sure is. Folklore is treasure in civilian ufology.

His Hunter Thompson attitude makes him a unique observer. Chasing this horizon can provoke cynicism, so humor sometimes brings welcome balance.

Back