• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jim Moseley Show

I'll listen to Jim Moseley telling the same old stories any time. The strictures imposed by the time limitations of a commercial format are unfortunate, but the presence of another old-timer (that's you, Gene) do enhance the comfortable banter that can tease out more interesting stories, no matter how often you may have heard them. Besides, he has given us an incredibly perceptive term ufoology, and there's no ufoologist like an old ufoologist.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for his non-neo-Luddite willingness to shun the use of the internet, computers and even (shudder at the horror!) answering machines. I do, however, miss when all his Saucer Smears were available online for casual perusing, which really gave me a sense of the sheer volume of his work over the past half century or so. The site is still up, and can be reached through http://martiansgohome.com/, which is, incidentally probably one of the most entertaining short pages on the net that you could hope for; follow its advice. If you do reach the Saucer Smear index, you'll get an idea of what you've been missing all these years.

And by all means, read this man's book, coauthored with Karl T. Pflock: Shockingly Close to the Truth! Confessions of a Grave-Robbing Ufologist is right up there at the very top of books on the subject that I'd recommend to any, but especially to anyone just coming into the subject. It also has the complete contents of the Saucer Smear where he was one of the first to seriously debunk Adamski's claims, one of the longer issues he produced. He also has produced one other book which I've failed to read yet, UFO Crash Secrets at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. This was one was ghost-written by the late Gray Barker, and is still available for "only $10.00 (or $9.00 autographed by the author...)". What a card!

Please, bring him back again and let him tell some more of his stories while he still can, as only he can.

Thanks...

Cthonic Charlie, the Contented Curmudgeon

Back