• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It's Official Emma Woods Sounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh really fucking appropriate man.

And FWIW she sounds pretty freakin SANE to me. Have we heard both sides yet? No.

Please do the right thing and edit your comments. Before Gene does. There are enough bad vibes in the air right now. Let's do our best to relax the situation.

I visited her site in a link provided by a poster over at mufon's forum. It looks very organized and sane, like a resume. I have seen the writings of crazy people before, and you can ---really tell--- there is something wrong with them. So, I have to side with Emma. You go girl!

I visited her site in a link provided by a poster over at mufon's forum. It looks very organized and sane, like a resume. I have seen the writings of crazy people before, and you can ---really tell--- there is something wrong with them. So, I have to side with Emma. You go girl!

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but you can't know whether or not the tapes are manipulated, or whether the summaries of alleged sessions are accurate. It may all be true, but it may just be one side of the story by a troubled individual.

To some of us though even though we've heard only one side of the story ... and we are still waiting for the other side, what has been presented to us so far has been damning. But I for one am convinced that Emma Woods is not "bat shit insane" and is not manipulating anything. To me manipulating the audio files would have been a herculean task, and so far what I have read of the documentation has seemed reasonable and not something like the MJ12 documents ie dodgy.

Emma Woods herself has shown herself to be reasonable, intelligent, focussed on getting her story out, considerate, patient, thoughtful, adult, not prone to fantasy (remember the ALIEN HYBRID IMs and the APARTMENT), organised and not deluded in any way as far as I can tell. Whereas the opposite parties have been seen to be belligerent, condescending, childish, fantasy-prone, nasty, incompetent, and disorganised.

And why discredit someone when you can play audio files of the same person showing themselves to be all of the above I have just mentioned??? So much easier don't you think??

ps and I really object to people insinuating that she is a "troubled individual". This woman has been hurt badly by someone poking around in her head for a few years by a supposedly reputable person who has been shown to be an unqualified hypnotherapist. She may have been silly to go to him in the first place but in her vulnerable state she felt she had nowhere left to turn, and I feel that anyone in her position would have done something similar. Her current state of mind is a result of this trusted individual abusing his position for what ends I have absolutely no idea ... power trip, ego, money??? ... and what she gets in return is "insinuations" that she isn't right in the head. I am astonished that she has turned out as well as she has if the accusations (and I believe that they probably are) are correct.

To some of us though even though we've heard only one side of the story ... and we are still waiting for the other side, what has been presented to us so far has been damning. But I for one am convinced that Emma Woods is not "bat shit insane" and is not manipulating anything. To me manipulating the audio files would have been a herculean task, and so far what I have read of the documentation has seemed reasonable and not something like the MJ12 documents ie dodgy.

Emma Woods herself has shown herself to be reasonable, intelligent, focussed on getting her story out, considerate, patient, thoughtful, adult, not prone to fantasy (remember the ALIEN HYBRID IMs and the APARTMENT), organised and not deluded in any way as far as I can tell. Whereas the opposite parties have been seen to be belligerent, condescending, childish, fantasy-prone, nasty, incompetent, and disorganised.

And why discredit someone when you can play audio files of the same person showing themselves to be all of the above I have just mentioned??? So much easier don't you think??

ps and I really object to people insinuating that she is a "troubled individual". This woman has been hurt badly by someone poking around in her head for a few years by a supposedly reputable person who has been shown to be an unqualified hypnotherapist. She may have been silly to go to him in the first place but in her vulnerable state she felt she had nowhere left to turn, and I feel that anyone in her position would have done something similar. Her current state of mind is a result of this trusted individual abusing his position for what ends I have absolutely no idea ... power trip, ego, money??? ... and what she gets in return is "insinuations" that she isn't right in the head. I am astonished that she has turned out as well as she has if the accusations (and I believe that they probably are) are correct.

I understand that certainly.

This might not be the best place to put this but I have a question, or line of questioning I'd like to see pursued in the upcoming alien abduction show with Hopkins and Jacobs.

With all of the alien abduction investigations that have been done why hasn't someone captured one either on audio or photographically? Why hasn't the mere absence of someone from their bed been verified through hidden cameras, mikes, or other sensors?

Some of there abductees that Mack, Jacobs, and Hopkins have been working with report being abducted on a repeated and regular basis. It just seems unreasonable that someone hasn't placed sensors in and around the homes of these people if not on their very persons. Didn't MUFON have some passive sensor program at one point where sensors were placed in bedside radios and whatnot? Did anything ever become of that?

If all we have is drawings and the stories coming from hypnotic regressions we have nothing of any real value. The whole 'alien implant' business is another apparent dead end. With all the tales of bizarre objects removed by Dr. Lier we still don't have anything of any real worth.

I have a'Conspiracy Theory' for you'all, in regards to 'alien abductions', I'd like to know what you think of it, if you want. These past mostly three years, I have been going through a rapid 'evolution' in my thinking toward the Ufo phenomenon. After three decades of "knowing" without questioning such, that Ufos are alien people-in-spaceships-from-other-planets. I have also seen strange Ufos, Men-In-Black, and possibly related, paranormal phenomenon.
VERY currently, I am wondering if the abduction phenomenon was a black-psyop, deliberately inculcated into societal psychie, but it also took on a life of it's own, and became so tangibly real, to not only civillians, but educated Ufologists as well, that it is a mechanism that keeps itself going, that way. Perhaps the reason for this genisis, was to obfuscate from advanced exotic defense technology, possibly helped along by Third Reich scientists via Operation Paperclip.
I'm not saying "This is where I now stand!" Just, "This idea makes alot of sense to me." But I am open to WHATEVER is behind the ---anomalous--- Ufo phenomenon, because I find that I have NO emotional investment, in whatever the outcome is.

The other day, I was remembering back on my childhood, the scary TV shows I watched, ( I am age 50) such as 'The Invaders' and This movie about giant bi-pedal ant-people, I think it was called 'Them!' And I thought of how similar those creatures were, to the modern mythological villains that people say are real, such as 'The praying-mantis beings' and 'The greys'

I Think it is her voice that gives the impression that she might be unstable, which is entirely not her fault. I only got to listen to ten minutes of the show, but that was the first reaction i had, when i pressed play and heard her. I'm of the believe, Hypnosis is not a valid tool for retrieving memories; especially when it comes to this subject, i was abducted or that something odd happened to me; somebody was in my room. There is a strong possibility that people who have visited with Hopkins and Jacobs, could have read every abduction book that is currently out there before going to them. Then that person, when in this hypnotic state. Their Brain creates a memory almost similar information to what other abductees have given because of the background knowledge this person had in regards to this subject. You'd have to wonder is hypnosis giving us a false impression to what is actually happening.

This might not be the best place to put this but I have a question, or line of questioning I'd like to see pursued in the upcoming alien abduction show with Hopkins and Jacobs.

With all of the alien abduction investigations that have been done why hasn't someone captured one either on audio or photographically? Why hasn't the mere absence of someone from their bed been verified through hidden cameras, mikes, or other sensors?

Some of there abductees that Mack, Jacobs, and Hopkins have been working with report being abducted on a repeated and regular basis. It just seems unreasonable that someone hasn't placed sensors in and around the homes of these people if not on their very persons. Didn't MUFON have some passive sensor program at one point where sensors were placed in bedside radios and whatnot? Did anything ever become of that?

If all we have is drawings and the stories coming from hypnotic regressions we have nothing of any real value. The whole 'alien implant' business is another apparent dead end. With all the tales of bizarre objects removed by Dr. Lier we still don't have anything of any real worth.

Trainedobserver, you raise an excellent line of questioning that should be pressed during the course of the show: how strong exactly is the third party confirmatory evidence supporting this phenomenon? Abduction researchers argue that there are physical marks left on the body, that children are missing from their beds & the cops called, that neighbors see UFOs hovering in the vacinity, that physical traces are left in the field near to the abductee's house, that abductees awaken wearing other people's clothing, etc.. Hopkins and Jacobs should be prepared to provide specific examples, with Hopkins often telling the story of the abduction witnessed by a senior level UN offical alongside the FDR expressway in New York City. I personally suspect that the researchers don't follow up with third party witnesses as comprehensively as they should (e.g., abductee "Doug", a guest on the Paracast several months ago, claims to have seen a UFO with his brother and their wives while driving, but it didn't appear that Hopkins every independently verified the story).

Regarding camera footage, it is indeed strange there is no video or audio evidence, but the claim is that the abductors always turn off the video -- or it is done by the abductee himself. In Hunt for Skinwalker, Kelleher and Knapp claimed that NIDS found it extremely to film the phenomenon affecting the ranch, which always seemed to stay one step ahead of them.

Some out-of-body researchers such as William Buhlman claim that abductions are misinterpreted OBEs that are occurring naturally in people pre-disposed to these experiences. This also may be interesting question to ask during the show. However, this OBE hypothesis doesn't explain how this diverse group of abductees consistently report "the same complex narrative", as John Mack called it.

The other day, I was remembering back on my childhood, the scary TV shows I watched, ( I am age 50) such as 'The Invaders' and This movie about giant bi-pedal ant-people, I think it was called 'Them!' And I thought of how similar those creatures were, to the modern mythological villains that people say are real, such as 'The praying-mantis beings' and 'The greys'

I came across one of the Fortean Times "Fortean Study" research books awhile back in a secondhand book shop. Bought it of course. It was "Volume 3" ... and in amongst the articles on "The Singing Mouse of Devenport" and Spring Heel Jack, there was an article by a French Folklorist called Michel Meurger. The article goes into how the whole alien abduction scenario can be tracked back the pulp magazines and even further back into the 19th century.

As the Fortean Study book articles are kind of dry, I'll have to read it again to get all the details ... but it looks like the alien abduction scenario in popular culture goes much farther back than Close Encounters or sci-fi films of the 1950s. Maybe its been stewing in the human race's subconcious for longer than we presume ... and is somehow expressing itself on a conscious or semi-conscious level (??) ...

I also have a feeling that at least some of the abductions are ... possibly :D ... psy-ops ... maybe trying to inbreed a culture of fear regarding ufos and aliens (maybe ... and this is a streeeetch ... Dr Jacobs is part of this in some way??? :eek::D) ... which would fall into area of the Carol Roisin affadavit regarding the "Illuminati" and their path to a New World Order (!!!:eek:)

[yeah I know ... I'll go and take my tablets now ...]

... This movie about giant bi-pedal ant-people, I think it was called 'Them!' And I thought of how similar those creatures were, to the modern mythological villains that people say are real, such as 'The praying-mantis beings' and 'The greys'

Actually the creatures in "Them" were just giant ants and were not bipeds.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

I also have a feeling that at least some of the abductions are ... possibly :D ... psy-ops ... maybe trying to inbreed a culture of fear regarding ufos and aliens ...

To me the idea that someone is spending an incredible amount of money and time to terrorize such a small and disenfranchised portion of society to effect public opinion about UFOs and potential aliens is well ... just silly. The idea that cattle mutilations, abductions, and fly-byes are somehow supposed to have a effect on society as a whole seems unsupportable. The majority of people have never heard of cattle mutilations, have never read an alien abduction account, or seen a UFO themselves and if they have the majority dismiss them as nonsense. Am I wrong?

Wouldn't there be several other extremely more efficient ways of doing that? And to what end? Why would anyone want to do that in the first place? What could possibly be the motive? A Psychological Operation or any other military operation is never undertaken without a clear goal, or so I would assume (ah-hem).

What could possibly be the goal of making people afraid of lights in the sky and contact with another species? And wouldn't that be the default condition that would not need any prodding, poking, or terrorizing to induce? When we actually meet them we will be afraid no doubt in my mind. When human beings encounter new, bizarre, and unexplainable things the programming arrived at through countless years of evolution kick in and trigger "fight or flight" responses or worse, you just shutdown while the brain loops on "that isn't real, oh yes it is". I think this is a hallmark of true encounters. If the subject is scared shit-less you have a high probability of hearing something close to the truth. If the subject says he was filled with sweetness and light and given messages of universal brotherhood and peace you need to check to make sure your wallet is still in your back pocket.

I have never seen anything in the sky that I could not account for. I have seen several black trash bag balloons, the sun bouncing off the bellies of geese at sunrise (a magnificent slow moving glowing flying V that made my jaw drop), satellites and the space shuttle. I have been "looking" for UFOs since I was 11 (I am not 51) and I got nadda. I do however have a scoop mark on my left inner thigh and feel absolutely awestruck and weird in the presence of a Praying Mantis. However, I think the scoop mark is an old infantigo scar that has rotated around from my heel and I think Praying Mantis just creep me out.

Recently I have been struggling with the whole UFO question. Clearly there does seem to be a preponderance of evidence that confirms that people do see things that they cannot explain. There is the testimony of Gordon Cooper and numerous airline and air-force pilots. There are several photographs and videos that were in existence before the creation of Photoshop and the like that have passed expert analysis. I have spoken to individuals personally who have seen 'aliens' in their homes who claim to have been abducted that seem sincere who have never undergone hypnosis. Yet ... I am beginning to doubt the whole thing. Some part of me is having an allergic reaction to the Greers , the Project Camelots, and the present controversial things (read as Jacobs vs Woods) going on in the field and I'm starting to reject the very idea of UFOs as a reality. Although I'm quite certain they exist. G-bus in a baby cart! Maybe that is the insidious plot right there. Make it all so incredibly confusing and absurd that anyone looking into seriously becomes dejected and discouraged to the point of total rejection! Or maybe not ...

Actually the creatures in "Them" were just giant ants and were not bipeds. ... ... ...

I'm really just speculating. I veer wildly from one day to the next over what its all about, what UFOs are ... if there really are aliens etc ... my opinions will probably be different tomorrow. All I do know is you shouldn't rule anything out ... except for the benevolent space brother new agey woo woo stuff. Don't believe a word of it myself. And all you need to know is that the people who espouse that kind of thing like you say are after people's money ... and are slimey in the extreme :p.

And as for praying mantisesesesss ... they're just plain creepy anyway ... and when you learn that they start eating something at the head and work down ... urghhhh :D. So I think you're pretty normal in your uncomfortablenessness.

I think though this is the main reason why we stay in this field (for what it is) ... we have no real answers and only questions. At least I suppose it isn't boring :D.

ps oh, and I've said before that I have seen something unexplained in that there sky. Saw a coloured light thing in the clouds over my primary school in about 1978 with a number of other kids. It was during a flap at the time in my area of Wales more of which can be read about in the book, The Welsh Triangle. Of course it might have been some sort of sun dog/meteorological phenomena but I was 9 and I wasn't versed in such complex stuff ... so who really knows??

[wow that was all badly written ... but I mean well though :D]

Noooooooo, I REMEMBER a TV movie when I was a kid, where the giant ant people stood UPRIGHT, JUST LIKE people. This show scared the bugs outa me.
I guess I'll have to go to a hypnotic regression Ufologist, to recall more.
The problem with that is, however, my recollections would most likely be all innacurate!!!

It seems to be retardedly easy to discredit someone who has an online presence these days.What I find way more telling is that some people believe just about everything before hearing both sides of a story.

Honestly you get an out of work ex MTV writer with delusions of God hood and an air brush/guitarist and they are somehow supposed to have more credibility then an associate professor at temple university? hell yes i'll wait for the other side of the story before making up my mind, and Jacobs other side can be be on any show, if he when on poopatopia i would be surprised he owes those fools and i mean fools nothing for what they have said about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back