• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It's Official Emma Woods Sounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly you get an out of work ex MTV writer with delusions of God hood and an air brush/guitarist and they are somehow supposed to have more credibility then an associate professor at temple university? hell yes i'll wait for the other side of the story before making up my mind, and Jacobs other side can be be on any show, if he when on poopatopia i would be surprised he owes those fools and i mean fools nothing for what they have said about him.

Hells teeth. I think the Paratopia guys have a hell of a lot more credibility if the good Dr Jacobs really does think that an alien hybrid (ie extraterrestrial) was talking to him via INSTANT MESSAGES over his computer. And he knew where these ALIEN creatures (FROM A DIFFERENT PLANET) were living (IN AN APARTMENT) ... and reading his webmaster's blog (which was here :Blogger: Blog not found) ... he apparently had at some point not only pictures of alien hybrids but film as well.

And I had a thought earlier on. If he had all this information about aliens and how they are abducting people ... why did he never go to the government?? Surely he would want to help stop it ... and surely the government could have given him some form of protection ... maybe???

[Interestingly I have just discovered that both of Elizabeth's (his webmaster) blogs have disappeared from blogspot.com ... very interesting ... someone trying to cover their tracks maybe???]

Noooooooo, I REMEMBER a TV movie when I was a kid, where the giant ant people stood UPRIGHT, JUST LIKE people. This show scared the bugs outa me.
I guess I'll have to go to a hypnotic regression Ufologist, to recall more.
The problem with that is, however, my recollections would most likely be all innacurate!!!

I think you may be referring to the Hammer Films version of Quatermass and the Pit.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

..And he knew where these ALIEN creatures (FROM A DIFFERENT PLANET) were living (IN AN APARTMENT) ...

Sounds like Mars Needs Women (oh wait ...)

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but you can't know whether or not the tapes are manipulated, or whether the summaries of alleged sessions are accurate. It may all be true, but it may just be one side of the story by a troubled individual.

Indeed Gene, as long as peoples only source of information on this story is from a troubled individual. Normal listeners will never be informed that 'Emma" has some immense psychological problems. Perhaps Gene has been illuminated with the same info i discovered as well. Unfortunately none of "Emma's" evidence is credible, not in the least. Absolutely nothing she claims Dr. Jacobs "did" to her can be verified at all. The tapes have been manipulated, so all we have i her word and her manifesto and rantings on her website and the highly edited audio files shes placed up there as to what really happened. This simply is the weakest form of "evidence", because it's all manufactured.

If you ask me this is probably one of the most explosive issues that has come up in Ufology in a while. This could really adversely effect the careers and lives of several people.

I look forward to the upcoming paracast episode where hopefully the other side of the story will be told and hard questions will be asked. I think the spotlight being put on alien abduction research by this incident should be used to explore its history and its inherent problems.

Is it for real? Where is the hard evidence? Where are the photographs, lab reports, and physical evidence that support the stories?

Indeed Gene, as long as peoples only source of information on this story is from a troubled individual. Normal listeners will never be informed that 'Emma" has some immense psychological problems. Perhaps Gene has been illuminated with the same info i discovered as well. Unfortunately none of "Emma's" evidence is credible, not in the least. Absolutely nothing she claims Dr. Jacobs "did" to her can be verified at all. The tapes have been manipulated, so all we have i her word and her manifesto and rantings on her website and the highly edited audio files shes placed up there as to what really happened. This simply is the weakest form of "evidence", because it's all manufactured.

lol

Joined in March. 7 posts. Gee I wonder whats going on here.

Indeed Gene, as long as peoples only source of information on this story is from a troubled individual ...

Strange you say that about "evidence"... since that is exactly what Dr Jacobs has said about hypnotism. Small world I guess.

So a few more points:

(a) "troubled individual" - yes she well may be troubled now that an unlicensed hypnotherapist has been poking around in her head for a few years, and has false ideas of Multiple Personality Disorder place in it. For a "troubled individual" she still makes a lot of rational and sensible comments. Must be a very strong lady

(b) "immense psychological problems" - I don't think so at all, but are you trained to make this sort of observation without spending time with her? ... sounds a bit like Dr Jacobs doing hypnosis over THE PHONE and INSTANT MESSAGING

(c) "same info I discovered as well" - I would love to know what information this is. Could you please send me the details of this information or maybe an url??

(d) "none of "Emma's evidence is credible" - none whatsoever?? even though Elizabeth on one of her now vanished blogs talks about talking to "alien hybrids" on instant messenger?? ...

(e) the tapes have been manipulated - can you show me the "evidence" for this?? I looked at one of the audio files in a wave editor and it didn't look manipulated to me ... and I know a little about these things.

(f) "rantings" - nope ... looked like a well done thoughtful carefully set out website to me, and I've seen some very strange websites put together by obviously deluded people. Not a single rant in sight. Just a rational human being delineating what has happened to her.

Well that was fun. I look forward to hearing some of the answers to some if not all of the questions I have mentioned above soon if possible.

Thanks in advance

paraschtick :)

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

lol

Joined in March. 7 posts. Gee I wonder whats going on here.

Yep ... it kind of feels like someone I've gotten quite familiar with listening to certain audio files ;):D ... but of course it could be an alien hybrid :eek::D ... you never know these days.

Its just my opinion, but I don't like all this labeling of Emma Woods as "troubled, crazy, ranting, etc". She sounds reasonable and sane to me in a interview I heard. The fact that David Jacobs is afraid of instant messages form hybrids is most disturbing to me. I really feel sorry about what has happened to the man. And, you can tell he is ashamed of this irrational fear, when he talks about it in the tapes. Very sad.

A couple of points...

I'm saddened by this whole affair and I feel that it is Jacobs that is at fault here, no matter what the details may be. Granted, we may have only heard one side of this issue but there are things that point to certain truths that are disturbing in their own right. First, having a research subject double as your webmaster is not what I would call a good idea. The fact that several of this person's blogs, which included the rebuttal to Ms. Woods, have now gone missing is telling and lends a a certain air of credence to Ms Woods account. Second, allowing one research subject to interact (as alleged) with another just seems extremely sloppy and strikes me as a bad idea. The back and forth between Ms. Woods and Ms "Smith" are the case in point. Nothing good was ever going to come out of that lapse of judgment. Lastly, Jacob's hybrid hypothesis is well known and it doesn't take a large leap of faith to see that it was only a matter of time that he would become personally involved with it, imaginary or otherwise. It is only an natural extension of where his research was leading him. Surprise...I don't think so.

In the end, Jacobs credibility as a "academic" researcher (when have you heard Temple -not- come up in discussions of Jacobs) is forever damaged and I too, feel that whatever personal crosses are borne by Ms. Woods, they are secondary to a much larger issue. I applaud her courage in bringing this to light and feel it's more a matter of personal redemption and the need to maybe prevent it from happening again that is the driver for her, rather than any attempt at monetary gain (although some may argue that if her accusations bear out, she is quite deserving of such). Just a hunch.

Regardless, the bashing -here- of Ms. Woods is uncalled for and IMO, beneath the caliber of this forum until such time as all truths are known.

FWIW

It will be interesting to hear Jacobs side to all this.

Dr Jacobs (on his website, http://www.ufoabduction.com/biography.htm ) claims to have "conducted nearly 900 hypnotic regressions with over 140 abductees" and proclaims himself" one of the foremost UFO abduction researchers worldwide". You would expect to have an ethical methodology in place and keep detailed documentation to protect himself from these types of allegations. After all he is using hypnosis to mess with his research subject’s perception of reality.

So far we have only heard one side of the story but I don't think it's fair to make out Emma or anyone else edited the running order of the tapes yet.

It’s my view that Emma was troubled or she would not have ended up as Jacobs’s research subject. But that doesn’t make her insane or crazy.

To be honest I am not a fan of the whole "regression/ hypnosis" subject. I think it is quite dangerous as it feeds delusions experienced by troubled individuals. I thought the same about Bud Hopkins and Doug. I believe Doug felt validated by Hopkins so subconsciously or consciously embellished his stories. This is different to David Andrews (who didn't have hypnosis) who was quite willing to hear from David and Gene that he may have dreamt or imagined some of his so called encounters.

One last point, Hybrids on IM! Jeebus! What a crock, the only hybrids any of us are going to meet in our lifetime are going to run on Gas and Electricity, have four wheels and get us from A to B.

It should make for an interesting show.

Sorry, not to be repetitive with what is stated above, but I also am starting to agree that Dr. Jacobs runs a sloppy (and dangerous) operation, recognizing that the other side still needs to be heard. What is probably saving Dr. Jacobs is that fact that Ms. Woods lives in New Zealand, which makes it difficult for her to prosecute a civil case against him (as well as for the local prosecutors to file charges against Dr. Jacobs for practicing medicine without a license, which is what it appears he did in diagnosing her with MPD). If I was Temple University's President or Board of Regents I would find a way to quietly disassociate the university from Dr. Jacobs once this controversy died down. Why Mr. Hopkins also communicated with Ms. Woods via written correspondence is also baffling since, presumably, his degree of contact with her has been limited or non-existent. A complete mess that has undermined any legitimate work done to substantiate the abduction phenomenon.

I'm relistening to the 090614 show with Jacobs and Hopkins. I have a feeling the tone of the upcoming show might be a bit different.

In case you're wondering, David Jacobs has posted a statement about the "Emma Woods" issue on his site. Curiously he refers to her as "Alice," but both are pseudonyms, actually.

Here's the link:

The Defamation Campaign

He makes a number of points that include:

1. He did not start working with her until he had permission from her therapist.
  2. When he stopped the sessions because of her apparent "meltdown," Jacobs says she began to stalk him and then began what he considers a defamation campaign against him.
  3. Those alleged tapes of him were not done with his permission and have been heavily edited to make him look bad.
  4. He plans to make no further statements on the subject, although he did reference this statement and some other issues during the roundtable discussion in which he participated, which airs April 4th on The Paracast.

In case you're wondering, David Jacobs has posted a statement about the "Emma Woods" issue on his site. Curiously he refers to her as "Alice," but both are pseudonyms, actually.

Here's the link:

The Defamation Campaign

He makes a number of points that include:

1. He did not start working with her until he had permission from her therapist.
  2. When he stopped the sessions because of her apparent "meltdown," Jacobs says she began to stalk him and then began what he considers a defamation campaign against him.
  3. Those alleged tapes of him were not done with his permission and have been heavily edited to make him look bad.
  4. He plans to make no further statements on the subject, although he did reference this statement and some other issues during the roundtable discussion in which he participated, which airs April 4th on The Paracast.

Gene,

As my British friends would day... bollocks!

If I was the target of a defamation campaign that had no basis in reality, I would do more than just issue a statement. I would refute the allegations in detail, which would be the end of it for all but the most gullible of people. Jacobs' says that he could do so:
"Although I could write hundreds of pages, provide extensive documentation, and prove without a shadow of a doubt that her charges are defamatory, it would most likely lead to more defamation on her part."
That is one of the most patently ridiculous "explanations" I have ever heard. The one thing I can guarantee is that if Jacobs doesn't provide some pretty clear evidence to support his own claims, people will take them for what I see them to be - a desperate attempt to salvage his reputation without a shred of proof to back him up.

Do I think "Emma Woods" has psychological issues? Absolutely. Is she reliable? Who knows? But even from his statement, I think Jacobs has plenty of issues of his own. Anyone who could write the following has no business trying to "help" anyone:
"If the situation Alice reported was true and actual “hybrid beings” were threatening her, I felt I had to try to protect her from them. And obviously if Alice's reports were true, I had to try to protect myself as well. If abduction research can be trusted, alien beings have telepathic abilities and know what people are thinking; therefore, protecting both Alice and myself was a major challenge."
Jacobs seems to think / hope that the whole thing will now go away, but if what he says about "Emma Woods" and how she reacts is true, this will just escalate things. His only realistic option to clear this up would be to explain his actions in more detail, and provide proof of his allegations. That he has not done so when he finally took the opportunity to comment on the matter is pretty damning.

But this shouldn't come as a surprise or great revelation to anyone familiar with Jacobs' "work" over the years. There's no stunning scoop here, as some other podcasters have claimed. Jacobs (and Hopkins, and the others in the alien abduction cult) have been messing about with people's lives for a very long time now.

Paul

Assuming Jacobs is under some constraints, perhaps as the result of legal advice, as to what to say, I am concerned not so much about the process and the evidence but why he accepted the case in the first place. You have a situation here involving what appears to be a deeply disturbed woman in another country, and Emma/Alice's therapist should get a slap in the head for agreeing to allow this long-distance treatment and/or hypnotic sessions.

No good could have come of that situation.

Whatever you think of the methods employed by Jacobs and Hopkins, I really think they should, at the very least, have therapists on duty to make sure they aren't in over their heads and aren't unduly influencing the outcomes in ways that don't help us find the truth behind these episodes.

As it stands, there is far too much potential for trouble here. I find fault on both sides. Emma/Alice has problems, but Jacobs should have just stayed away.

Assuming Jacobs is under some constraints, perhaps as the result of legal advice, as to what to say, I am concerned not so much about the process and the evidence but why he accepted the case in the first place. You have a situation here involving what appears to be a deeply disturbed woman in another country, and Emma/Alice's therapist should get a slap in the head for agreeing to allow this long-distance treatment and/or hypnotic sessions.

That's assuming that Jacobs is telling the truth about receiving the therapists' okay. Do we know that for sure?

As it stands, there is far too much potential for trouble here. I find fault on both sides. Emma/Alice has problems, but Jacobs should have just stayed away.

With respect, Gene, you can't compare the two. There was a power imbalance at work here from the start. While one may be able to find fault with Woods, hers is rooted in what appear to be some pretty deep-seated psychological problems. In law, that would absolve her of much, if not all, of her culpability.

Jacobs, on the other hand, is (or was) a respected professional, with all his faculties (unless he chooses to claim otherwise). His culpability / responsibility for this particular episode is therefore far greater.

As I said, he should not have gotten involved in the first place, and her therapist was a fool to give the OK, assuming he or she did. Do we accept that as correct? I feel comfortable accepting all or most of what Jacobs as correct and still being concerned about his involvement.

I feel comfortable accepting all or most of what Jacobs as correct and still being concerned about his involvement.

And that's where you and I differ. "Woods" has provided reams of evidence that Jacobs cannot simply refute with a statement and then hope things will return to business as usual. The man has no credibility with me, not least because he wouldn't face me on The Paracast to answer what he knew were going to be tough (but fair, and pertinent) questions.

And that's where you and I differ. "Woods" has provided reams of evidence that Jacobs cannot simply refute with a statement and then hope things will return to business as usual. The man has no credibility with me, not least because he wouldn't face me on The Paracast to answer what he knew were going to be tough (but fair, and pertinent) questions.

We can stand on his head (not literally) and not force him to add details that he just won't talk about. I wish he would, but the absence of those details and his response are there for folks to evaluate and reach their own conclusions.

the absence of those details and his response are there for folks to evaluate and reach their own conclusions.

I agree with that. Here is my conclusion, which Jacobs' recent behaviour has only served to confirm - he is a dangerous fraud, who has caused immeasurable harm to dozens of people who probably needed real help. He, and those in ufology who have enabled him (and his "colleagues" like Budd Hopkins), have brought discredit to serious research into the UFO phenomenon. Anyone who fails to speak out and repudiate the abduction cult should be ashamed, and in the end bears as much responsibility as Jacobs et al for the damage they do.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

P.S. Kudos to Gene for at least getting Jacobs and Hopkins on the show, and on the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back