• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I Know What I Saw

I have youtube links but I don't know if it is OK to post them or not. Some forums don't allow that because of copyright infringement. Is it ok to post the links here?

Thanks! If I'm not mistaken, he mentioned that he hoped the show wouldn't be posted on youtube (for obvious reasons as he wants to sell the DVDs) so I would assume he is not cool with it. I will likely buy the DVD regardless of if I watch it online before then.

I dislike the title also, because "i know what I saw" gives the suggestion that you have to believe the word of the person, and Jo Public doesnt care or believe what Jonny Ufo saw, he wants either evidence or he wants to laugh at him. That said the film looks amazing. I heard its out on History channel in October... which is again a little disappointing as I thought he would get a bigger network than the history channel.

Perhaps "Jonny UFo" doesn't care what "Jo Public" thinks cause "Jonny UFo" knows what he saw.

You hear this from experiencers often...."I know what I saw...I don't care what other people think". In fact I think its a waste of time trying to convince people one way or the other.

The film was outstanding..title was perfect.

It made You Tube already. Here is part 1 of 9. The rest of it is there too.

Since someone went ahead and took the cat out of the bag by posting a youtube link I'll mention that it has also been torrented and is on usenet as well and those rips are a heck of a lot better than watching it on youtube.

I was so impressed with this documentary that I recommended it to my mother, ha ha. She is kinda' hard to figure out in that she acts kinda' skeptical and kinda' not. I had her watch it and she wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was. She was asking me what the big deal was and complained that once again the video evidence sucked. She's always questioning me about the poor quality of UFO videos and photographs. I personally think that some of the videos it presented like the Belgium picture and the one from the mapping plane from Costa Rica are quite good but she responded in a rather ho-hum fashion to those. I get the impression that she's waiting for one with an alien hanging out the window of the saucer giving a high five. But the point I'm trying to make is that it is difficult to say if this had any impact on those on the fence. I thought it was excellent but the one person I recommended it to that isn't nearly as convinced as I am didn't seem to think it was much more convincing than anything else she's seen.

Since someone went ahead and took the cat out of the bag by posting a youtube link I'll mention that it has also been torrented and is on usenet as well and those rips are a heck of a lot better than watching it on youtube.

Just got done watching it. Probably the best I've seen on the topic.

Just got done watching it. Probably the best I've seen on the topic.

I just wish it was longer. There are people he had on his panel who's stories he barely touched on. It would be great if he did a special DVD edition with a lot more footage to flesh out the other accounts. They are all worthy of the full treatment.

Hate to swim against the stream of this thread, but...
Fife Symington - it’s beyond me how can anyone take this guy seriously after that (disrespectful and downright retarded) stunt he pulled ("alien costume" press conference). His presence and prominent feature all over this documentary ruins the experience for me. And please don't tell me "he has seen the light" because I don't buy it.
Rant over.

I agree that the stunt with the alien costume was a bit silly. A while back I recall seeing a documentary devoted to that Pheonix UFO sighting. I thought that further analysis indicated that the lights were in fact flares rather than a UFO, but then there were eye witnesses who claimed that the wedge shaped UFO passed over them and blocked out view of the stars so I am confused, maybe that was a separate sighting. In general though I liked the show and learned about some new sightings that I had not hear of before.

I thought it was a well made documentary, and i hope James, can make a some money from the video, when it is released on to DVD format.

After the October 4th premiere of James Fox documentary "I Know What I Saw", small debate about it has started on famous skeptical James Randi forum between users "Astrophotographer" and "Rramjet". User "Astrophotographer" is in fact astronomer Tim Printy, author of the UFO newsletter "SUNlite" (SUNlite) and he is also active poster on Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy Forum (Conspiracy Theories - Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forum).

Here are the Forum links (3 pages so far) of the documentary debate:

I Know What I Saw (UFO movie/doco) - JREF Forum
I Know What I Saw (UFO movie/doco) - Page 2 - JREF Forum
I Know What I Saw (UFO movie/doco) - Page 3 - JREF Forum

Best Wishes

Giuliano

I read over this yesterday. 'lotta cursory bashing. Very little substantive thought or analysis.

Yeah, there was a good bit of that in the thread but the two primary guys going at it were really exhausting a ton of energy. There was enough there to fill a book as many of their replies were a mile long. All I did was skim it.

there was a good bit of that in the thread but the two primary guys going at it were really exhausting a ton of energy.

Yeah, I was referring to comments about the original discussion of the documentary before these two jokers got wildly off topic and started discussing Hynek, MacDonald, Blue Book, Batelle, Condon Report, Roberston Panel and every other study/pseudo-study that's ever been done on the subject. Printy better know his shit if he's gonna be editing SUNlite.

I really liked it too. I thought it was very professional, and not sensationalistic in the least.
I would love to be able to do a documenatry on UFO's. I would try to take all the arguments "skep-dicks" loudly proclaim and disassemble them point by point to show how either lame they are, or outright not true.
For example:
1. Why is it UFO's are only seen by hicks named Bubba?
2. People see UFO's because they are expecting to see UFO's.
3. Why don't we have any physical traces of these UFO's?
4. Policemen, Air Traffic Controllers, Pilots, etc are no better at observations of things in the sky than anyone else.

That's all my sleepy brain can think of at the moment, but my point is, I'd love to do a point by point bullet style of refuting this stuff. Would it do any good?....Eh, probably not.

I really liked it too. I thought it was very professional, and not sensationalistic in the least.
I would love to be able to do a documenatry on UFO's. I would try to take all the arguments "skep-dicks" loudly proclaim and disassemble them point by point to show how either lame they are, or outright not true.
For example:
1. Why is it UFO's are only seen by hicks named Bubba?
2. People see UFO's because they are expecting to see UFO's.
3. Why don't we have any physical traces of these UFO's?
4. Policemen, Air Traffic Controllers, Pilots, etc are no better at observations of things in the sky than anyone else.

That's all my sleepy brain can think of at the moment, but my point is, I'd love to do a point by point bullet style of refuting this stuff. Would it do any good?....Eh, probably not.

Nope, it wouldn't. The scientific community has decided that they won't listen to anything we have to say unless we can provide them with a saucer. That's like asking aborigines to wrestle away a B-2 Spirit from the US military before they'll entertain the notion that it might exist. If that's the demand scientists have of ufologists then this subject has no chance of being proven, real or not.

Back