• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How Silly is Climate Change Denial?

How about that record Antarctic ice.. Global warming is amazing that way. It doesn't actually warm.. It creates record ice. Lol. Maudib will explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maudib? Warming? Then we can move on to the poles that were to be melted by now from that warming.
Bring it.

Global carbon policies put in place, carbon tax markets created, etc etc.... All on the "proof" that CO2 Is catastrophically warming the earth. "Proof" supplied by preprogrammed climate models that are now shown to be flat wrong. Their global warming claims can not be proven even when they manipulated and homogenized the data. We have actual observed data that can be used but then they don't get their funding because it doesn't show warming nor does it show CO2 as being a pollutant. The recent rise in CO2 is greening deserts and the CO2 scam is greening pockets. Period.

More useless posturing again about skewed figures taken out of context i.e. record sea ice, which was pointed out as inaccurate many times before. The formation of surface ice in one season has absolutely nothing to do with the broader concern of thick, glacial melting happening globally (oh please tell us more about how good it is that all the glaciers are receeding quite naturally along with the echo effect of soot and pollution that are blackening polar snow cover, absorbing more heat and speeding up the process).

As Muadib points out it's just the same rhetoric over and over again in brief bits and senseless bites, faithful quotes sponsored by the Koch corporattions, propping up their paid informants as if they were scientific experts. It's that kind of bunk that enrages thoughtful people so much that for the sake of reason they still come back here to challenge this kind of Oncler thought and bang their heads against the screen some more.

do_you_remember_the_once_ler__by_blue_eyes_baka-d4yb7oy.jpg

Why not use current data to back up your statement?

Since Maudib is unable to tell us where the warming is Burnt is here to explain it. Go for it.

They can't back up what they say so they roll out cartoons as a diversion. Lmao

Pixel, I'm just not interested in engaging in another pointless debate with you, sorry. Your ridiculously biased opinion on this issue is of no interest to me, period. Spout your nonsense all you like, I won't be attempting to convince you or anyone else of anything.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together will see your pre programmed, nonsense one liner replies for what they are, typical denier garbage that has nothing to do with science or fact, and has everything to do with your own silly ass conspiracy fueled worldview. Nothing I present is going to change that, so why bother?

Good day, sir.

Can't back up your mouth with one fact so you run away. You must be a liberal.

Where is the warming and all the other doomsday scenarios your "side" has predicted? Should be very easy for you to go right down the line starting with the obvious, NO significant warming. Go for it.

No matter how many times you say 2+2=5, it will not make it true.
You say that CO2 is causing significant warming... Where is it? Check your models and their current data compared to the predictions and get back to me. I assumed you had checked your science sources before commenting. I was mistaken.

No one denies man made global warming. It is catastrophic global warming do to CO2 that is denied.
Speak for yourself Pixelsmith, I reject all theories and myths of man made global warming in their entirety.
If somehow the natural laws that have driven climate since the beginning of the earth have been suspended then I would be open to consider other causes. If we were now experiencing the most extreme high temperatures ever known to have existed I would look at the possibility that man was the cause. There is no reason to insert man and CO2 (one of the least of the so called green house gasses) into the picture when eons of history tell us that temperature fluctuation is the rule, not the exception, and that there is nothing exceptional about anything happening on the planet at this time. Blaming climate on man is the most complicated explanation given all we know about what really drives climate.

I reject all theories and myths of man made global warming in their entirety.

That's a pretty global statement.

If somehow the natural laws that have driven climate since the beginning of the earth have been suspended
then I would be open to consider other causes.

That's just it, they haven't been suspended. But to be clear, Man is not 'other causes'. Man has always been part of the equation.

If we were now experiencing the most extreme high temperatures ever known to have existed I would look at the possibility that man was the cause.

Your criteria is extreme. It's not necessary for such to be occurring for humanity to be impacting climate.

There is no reason to insert man and CO2 (one of the least of the so called green house gasses) into the picture when eons of history tell us that temperature fluctuation is the rule, not the exception

But there is. We impact the environment. We have known that for most of humanity's intellectual life, and even before that. We know that about animals, as well. The most recent (famous) example is demonstrated by the reintroduction of wolves into the Yellowstone.

Archaeologists and Anthropologists deal in great depth in their studies with the changes wrought by Man as they travel across vernal grasslands as migrating tribes or cut down virgin forest to clear land for farming.

Rain and draught are functions of what Man does with the land as vividly demonstrated with the Dust Bowl in the 1930's USA.

Incidentally, Man has historically fouled his environment. We see it amongst nomadic tribesman - they have to leave areas to allow those areas to recover. We see it in the archaeological record. We see it as villages are moved when the midden/garbage heap gets too large.

The Cedars of Lebanon - they existed. Man cut them down leaving a different ecosystem, and weather pattern.

Man's cities are notorious for creating their own weather patterns - the humidity of Phoenix: "places that once had a dry atmosphere, like Phoenix, have now become humid due to the preponderance of swimming pools, well-groomed golf courses with sprinkler systems and fancy malls with spouting fountains."

The wind and weather of the 'canyons' of Chicago -
Climate of Chicago - Description and Normals
LINK: Climate of Chicago - Description, Illinois State Climatologist Office, Illinois State Water Survey, U of I
TEXT: "The first local feature is the urban climate in the Chicago metropolitan area. Buildings, parking lots, roads, and industrial activities make the urban climate noticeably different than that of surrounding rural areas. For example, Chicago tends to be warmer by 2°F, on average, especially at night. In some cases, this difference can be higher. This particle feature of the urban climate is usually called the "urban heat island effect". Urban areas also cause changes in humidity, cloudiness, wind speeds and directions. Not only do the built up areas cause warmer temperatures but they also increase the runoff of rainwater, leading to increased flooding."

and that there is nothing exceptional about anything happening on the planet at this time.

That sounds like a strongly held belief. Observation - scientific observation - suggests something else but one has to be open to looking at the evidence and accepting the scientific method of research. If the scientific method is suspect for you then this dialog will be incomprehensible.

Blaming climate on man is the most complicated explanation given all we know about what really drives climate.

There is no 'blame', it is simply a fact that man has always been a player in the ecosystem he is living within. It is only since the advent of the Industrial Revolution that Man's impact began to be obviously global - that is what the evidence points to. However, to be able to see that, one must be able to read and interpret the data in a rigorously scientific way.

Last edited:
The climate is always changing. It's caused by the sun and incredibly complicated environmental systems here on earth. No human contribution required.

Humanity is part of those 'incredibly complicated environmental systems here on earth.' We have always known that human contribution has been a factor in local climate conditions. How we as humans have impacted global conditions has been an unknown - and not even considered, really, until the past couple of centuries, as evidence of volcanic eruptions having global impacts started to emerge. Once that became obvious, the progression to human impact globally was logically taken and observations began.

'Im sure you could find 100 or more sites parroting the IPCC within another hour, well done, im also sure i could take my volcano bullshit and repeat it in dozens of forums, im also sure that in 6 months time i would be able to find the same volcano bullshit quoted as fact on many sites.

Speak for yourself Pixelsmith, I reject all theories and myths of man made global warming in their entirety.
If somehow the natural laws that have driven climate since the beginning of the earth have been suspended then I would be open to consider other causes. If we were now experiencing the most extreme high temperatures ever known to have existed I would look at the possibility that man was the cause. There is no reason to insert man and CO2 (one of the least of the so called green house gasses) into the picture when eons of history tell us that temperature fluctuation is the rule, not the exception, and that there is nothing exceptional about anything happening on the planet at this time. Blaming climate on man is the most complicated explanation given all we know about what really drives climate.
I meant to the extent that we contribute a very small amount of CO2 that does add a small amount of warming. It is an insignificant amount.
Roro is another one who can see behind the green mask.

Tyger do you realize that human existence is barely measurable on earths timetable. The climate has been FAR more extreme for the last 4 billion years with no humans on earth. Think about that.

Back