• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How Silly is Climate Change Denial?

Lmfao. Skeptical science? Nuff said.
You don't even know the players in the scam. SS... Really? The Billy Meier of global warming. That's some funny s#!t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really funny stuff tho. Skeptical Science... Omg.

"I'm not a climatologist or a scientist but a self employed cartoonist" - John Cook, Skeptical Science

Tyger.

Question 1

Are you with the scientific consensus on both sides of the fence, that of all CO2 in the atmosphere, human activity contributes around 3% to the natural cycle.

Question 2

Do you agree that the level's of human produced CO2 in the atmosphere, are the highest they have ever been, despite the west's efforts to drastically cut emissions.

Lets try some logic tyger, instead of mountains of links, we both know the 'accepted' boiled down fact's.

Yes or no answers only, lets see where we stand without all the 'noise', you can clarify a 'yes' or 'no' answer beneath it, this isnt an attempt to lead you, it's an attempt at finding the point at which you let your heart over-rule logic, or you point out to me where my logic on this issue is at fault.

Now you can see hopefully that i really do want to understand the dis-connect of reason here, because its absurd to me.

I guess im saying lets talk, leave the clutter out, i want to know why you think, the way 'you' think on this issue, in your own words, do you think we can 'do' that ?.

There has to be some order and definitive established in a multi-faceted con perpetuated on the tax payer like this, the con has been sold on so many fronts, so to get anywhere positive, we need to define our separation points on the sole issue here of CO2, lets leave the rest of the circus outside the CO2 tent.

Thats 3 yes's,not that i'm attempting to lead you.

Last edited:
Inflating post count? Who gives a ratzazz about a post count? Often times I barely have time to post one line.
Fair enough - but you post a whole series of one liners within a matter of minutes. So you have time for that. Anyway, looks odd and makes one wonder what's up with you. That's all.
Posting lots of bullshit doesn't make it true... Like CO2 being a pollutant. Lol
Quite. But you don't ever bother to flesh out your thoughts. When you do bother, it's a series of links. But it's also clear there is a double standard here because while you can flood posts with links (when you decide to 'explain' your views), no one else can or should. How's that go?
Did it ever dawn on you that the first three people on this forum were Gene, David then myself? Lol. That would tend to give me a few posts. That really does help me understand you better tho.
It would sure give you a few posts but it also starts to rack up those posts if you take five one-line posts sent within minutes of each other to convey one thought, more-or-less. Since you say very little of substance except to make low-grade statements - usually rude - about your 'opposition' in the debate, it's dawned on me that it's post count you're interested in. I am on another chat site that makes a big deal of the way a poster posts so I am perhaps more alert to the signs than most.

(BTW - totally by-the-by - I appreciate the freedom here on this chat site regarding the posting count - I don't get why the other site is so nitsy about it - especially as it's humongous site, with over 70,000 members and close to 2 million posts. Though maybe I do understand now that I think of it. They actually have moderators that will consolidate successive posts from one poster - like all your one-liners would be merged into one post and you'd be warned. Pretty intense but now that I think about it, with over 2 million posts and a fairly high profile reputation in the genre covered, they aim for the post count total to represent substantial feed. That must be it. I think the chat site is actually used by writers and journalists as a source. Maybe it has something to to with forum size, too?)
If you are so concerned about carbon and CO2 then do the right thing and stop your toxic emissions for just 20 minutes to help save the planet because according to recent studies from your "camp" you are a carbon based CO2 emitting useless eater.

'Deniers' have a set of formulaic catch-phrases I am noticing (like a religion, in fact). This weird CO2 'toxic emissions' overblown rhetoric is an example. There is a site that supplies rejoinders - with the science. I've linked you to one such site. I've even quoted from the site on the very issue - but it's like I've said nothing. Given your most recent posts it's clear that you don't even bother to read the links, or even the quoted portions within the posts. If you had you would realize - I assume but I may be over estimating your ability to compute information - that your catch-phrases are simply ignorance.

But enough said. Most posters have withdrawn because it appears that the only kind of 'debate' you understand is far away from respectful - and you do dominate a thread once you come on - with tons of one-liner posts. Is that the equivalent of 'yelling'? You appear to use ideas like a hammer to bludgeon. Good luck with that. I'm not here to change you. I'm not even here to change anyone's views - though I would listen to opposing, well thought out expositions for sure, and do.

This and other threads have debated the issue. Plenty good back-and-forths present that you could go back and read. In answer to all your questions just go back into the thread to read the responses to you by others who supplied a lot of intelligent back-up. (That you never supplied with your one-liners btw). You take up a person's time, Pixelsmith. It's not worth going over the same ground with you again and again. It's clear you don't really listen or read the links - or understand what you are reading. I don't know what the problem is, but I do know that you come across very much like a religious fundamentalist, who are impossible to have a debate with because the belief system is so rigid and fixed. You come across the same way.

Anyway, I accept that whenever I post an article here vis-a-vis global warming you will be the bull to the red flag and charge with some useless (and rude) one -liner. How you respond to these things tells me that you are not really very savvy regarding the scientific mode of debate. Your video link is a perfect example of that, too. The 'warmer' as you call him was making significant points but I fear it floated above your head because you were down in the pit enjoying the mud-wrestling amongst the hosts and 'denier' (who btw is paid to be a denier - you do know that?).

All the pointed and directed questions have been answered. If you cannot figure out where those answers are that's your issue, not mine. I am reminded of the devise one is taught in school - to answer the question: "Why are school busses yellow?", the proper formula must be: "School busses are yellow because...." Good luck with that. It's a bit more subtle than that. If you can't figure out the answer to the CO2 toxic issue you keep hammering away at, there is very little more I can say to help you out of what I can only surmise is an intellectual lack, if not a willful blindness or game playing with words.

Erwin cited IPCC and many other sources but he cited them WRONG. He is a complete idiot who can't even get his own sources right.

Dare I ask? How did he cite 'wrong'?

Did you notice that when Erwin asked if a 'study' being cited by the hosts was published (I think) or peer-reveiwed - the hosts completely side-stepped the question with a counter offensive about the IPCC report. 'Nuf said right there.

We could go one endlessly like this - is it worth it? I think not.

I have very little patience for well meaning people like you that do not scratch the surface to get to the meat. You cite SS website without knowing the players and how they manipulate the comments and their own posts to make themselves appear credible. SS, IPCC, RealClimate are all propaganda driven websites that control opposition and peer review, skew actual facts, homogenize data and even admit to wrong doings amongst themselves. I admire your passion, but it is misplaced. I know this because I was you until 2001 or so when I did what you have not done and CHECKED the DATA for myself. Our original environmental movement has been hijacked and I despise people like you who support demonizing humans and the transfer of wealth via this global scam that will do absolutely nothing to halt the normal planetary function that is climate change.

Start by learning about the carbon cycle. Then read all the climategate emails, then read about all the corruption involving the IPCC and its leader, then read about Agenda 21 and the carbon tax scam, etc.. you might start seeing a pattern.. you are a smart passionate person so I know you will see the light if you actually do some research rather than just regurgitate talking points from corrupt political entities.

Wooooooo.

Just listen to how statistics are being abused, they pass the point of just being plain meaningless, and are plain deceptive.

The 40% of CO2 claim, is presented so as the viewer believes that 40% of all CO2 is being produced by our central heating and cars, instead of 40% of the 3% total human contribution, i.e. 1.2% of total CO2 in the atmosphere.

The climate is always changing. It's caused by the sun and incredibly complicated environmental systems here on earth. No human contribution required.

What horrible people these brainwashed environuts are. "Saving the world" with a new wealth transferring religion. Tyger you have been brainwashed. The good news is with an ounce of real research into real science derived from the scientific method you too will see the scam.

I wouldn't mind seeing brief responses to some of Tyger's links that respond to key points made by those that deny man-made global warming.

I would like to see you explain the logic behind why you think human activity adding 3% extra C02 into the annual carbon cycle, has any detrimental effect to life on earth at all.

I could understand your concern if our activitie's doubled the natural CO2, or even added just 30%, but 3%, a respectfully sized volcano burping grumbling and showing abit of 'attitude' for a year adds more than that.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing brief responses to some of Tyger's links that respond to key points made by those that deny man-made global warming.
He cites Skeptical Science website. It is not worthy of response if you know about them.

No one denies man made global warming. It is catastrophic global warming do to CO2 that is denied.

No one denies man made global warming. It is catastrophic global warming do to CO2 that is denied.

I thought there was a global cooling or no temperature increase in the last 18 or so years. In that case, wouldn't you be denying man made global warming?

He cites Skeptical Science website. It is not worthy of response if you know about them.

Ok, perhaps he will paraphrase some of the points so that there can be discussion on each of them, one at a time. I like concise emails because I can read them without spending a lot of time.

Back