• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Holy Sh*t! John Lear

Dana

Skilled Investigator
Man! Don, that was one hell of an interview. Yes John has some wacky ideas and often doesn't seem to verify his sources but that was one hell of an entertaining an informative interview. Still listening live now but that new info on element 115 was really fantastic, how Bob supposedly got his hands on 115, just some fantastic new info, so thanks for the opportunity to talk to John and enjoy the interview.

Man! Don, that was one hell of an interview. Yes John has some wacky ideas and often doesn't seem to verify his sources but that was one hell of an entertaining an informative interview. Still listening live now but that new info on element 115 was really fantastic, how Bob supposedly got his hands on 115, just some fantastic new info, so thanks for the opportunity to talk to John and enjoy the interview.

Yes he might have some very 'open mind concepts ' but remember he is Vietnam Veteran and served his country well like Don & Rich. Great interview indeed and Wards question was excellent.;)

Yes he might have some very 'open mind concepts ' but remember he is Vietnam Veteran and served his country well like Don & Rich.

He's also helped to piss more poison into the pool of ufology than most others. Don will know more about it, but I don't think Lear is a Vietnam Vet...he flew flights for the CIA in the late 60s onwards.

He's also helped to piss more poison into the pool of ufology than most others. Don will know more about it, but I don't think Lear is a Vietnam Vet...he flew flights for the CIA in the late 60s onwards.

Yes you are correct on "piss more poison into the pool of ufology". However, if my memory serves me correct 'CIA' are still part of the USA military and yes Mr Don Ecker would know better. Furthermore, he was shot down over Cambodia ? and surely he would have received military awards for being in the Vietnam War and in a combat zone?

Cheers & Peace,
Blowfish

Hiya Blowfish. Maybe you're right? Either way, it's not worth arguing about a guy who once said he couldn't sleep without knowing he'd pissed someone off that day. :)

Yes he might have some very 'open mind concepts ' but remember he is Vietnam Veteran and served his country well like Don & Rich. Great interview indeed and Wards question was excellent.;)

Thanks blowfish, it was a really good interview and it was great to finally ask Lear some questions that had been in the back of my head. Also i should be on this account now that i figured out how to get access to my old email account.

Hiya Blowfish. Maybe you're right? Either way, it's not worth arguing about a guy who once said he couldn't sleep without knowing he'd pissed someone off that day. :)

Yeah that's what he said, more than once.

John worked for "Air America" for more than 30 years flying illicit cargoes, including narcotics, for the CIA - his admission. Once a spook, always a spook. A reasonable attitude would be: whatever he says, the opposite is likely true.

Yeah that's what he said, more than once.

John worked for "Air America" for more than 30 years flying illicit cargoes, including narcotics, for the CIA - his admission. Once a spook, always a spook. A reasonable attitude would be: whatever he says, the opposite is likely true.

Yes you might be right on the spook aspect but many world Intel institutions all use unmoral methods and behind 'the veil of society' lives a dirty,sneaky and scary community!

Dang it.... I missed the show.

It is like time slows down between the missed good show and the time that it gets uploaded. That period of time seems to flow slower.

It is worse when there are threads like ' Holy Sh*t! John Lear' - that seems to amplify the effect.

There's about as much as you could want to know in the Hansson Affidavit. The first section's all about John Lear in essentially 4 or 5 walls of text. As you know, an affidavit isn't a guarantee of factual accuracy, but his allegations are interesting. Furthermore, Hansson's character is a positive one, making him a credible witness. It's a long read (thin paperback) and worth the effort.

LEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS (with apologies to Dr. Hunter S. Thompson)

Actually John Lear worked for Continental, not Air America. He was a civilian pilot .. not a military one .. and worked for a civilian company that was under contract to the American Govt. .. ala .. the CIA. This is a correction I want to make in reference to all those people that say ... "John Lear was CIA." Well, actually John Lear was a "bus driver" that hauled "trash" for the CIA. He was not the "American James Bond" at all ... he was a pilot whose company held a contract with the CIA and John flew airplanes for them. Hope this helped clear that up.

Decker

The episode started a bit slow, and Lear sounded very guarded (probably thought he'd get slapped across the airwaves), but as the second hour kicked in, he was relaxed, terribly entertaining, deluded in such a sincere manner that I couldn't help but wonder whether there IS a secret holographically protected facility 34 miles south of Wendover, UT.

In fact, I think here's the road that leads to it:

Google Maps

Isn't Google Street View great? Thanks for the great show.

OK, just listened to the archived show. I laughed till I almost cried. Think what you will about , Mr. Lear, but this was great radio! It also must have been a very difficult interview to conduct. I look forward to hearing another Lear interview and by all means take him up on his offer and go visit him. Anyway, kudos to Don and John!

My favorite quote...................."we'll kill your dog, your cat, your parrot and anything else ya got."

Okay, I heard the show and it was a good one.

Lear's 9/11 theory is the zaniest one yet.

While I don't think the whole event was an inside job, the buildings could have been pre-wired to collapse (they sure looked like they were)..... Perhaps after the bombings of the WTC in the 90's some machiavellian in government decided that those buildings were too dangerous to be left unrigged. Imagining the horrors that would ensue if one of those things had toppled over, perhaps someone decided that was a chance they were unwilling to take and so the conditions were created to allow someone the ability to make sure that such a thing would never come to pass.

It would be a truth too horrible for our government to acknowledge and quite difficult for most people to accept. To some people, having conspiracy theorists out there saying the government blew up the towers to get us into a war could be seen as preferable to the President saying the government blew up the towers to save lives and infrastructure; that truth would just be too horrible.

While I don't think the whole event was an inside job, the buildings could have been pre-wired to collapse (they sure looked like they were)..... Perhaps after the bombings of the WTC in the 90's some machiavellian in government decided that those buildings were too dangerous to be left unrigged. Imagining the horrors that would ensue if one of those things had toppled over, perhaps someone decided that was a chance they were unwilling to take and so the conditions were created to allow someone the ability to make sure that such a thing would never come to pass.

It would be a truth too horrible for our government to acknowledge and quite difficult for most people to accept. To some people, having conspiracy theorists out there saying the government blew up the towers to get us into a war could be seen as preferable to the President saying the government blew up the towers to save lives and infrastructure; that truth would just be too horrible.

If you read & study NIST1 with a couple of qualified structural engineers (yeah I know how long & detailed it is), you'll discover how inherent design weakness caused the two towers to collapse in exactly the way they did, with the buildings' own structural truss supports welded and bolted to the vertical steel core causing ineviitable progressive collapse by twisting once initiated by the impact of the weight of the falling mass above the airliner-impact floors. Once you understand it,you can watch any film of the buildings collapsing and it's crystal clear. You don't need to adopt delusional controlled-demolition fantasies, for which in any case no evidence exists and which even in fantasy-land don't and can't explain the disaster.

Not to say it isn't very much in certain people's interest to perpetuate this delusion industry ("9/11 Truth"). It serves to ensure the whole issue remains marginalised on the lunatic fringe, and has effectively prevented any investigation into the appalling catastrophes of mismanagement and chicanery in Afghanistan and Iraq. The creation and perpetration of the "9/11 Truth" industry is one of the mose successful INTEL operations ever, IMO - with genuine home-grown stooges as cult leaders.

Not to say it isn't very much in certain people's interest to perpetuate this delusion industry ("9/11 Truth"). It serves to ensure the whole issue remains marginalised on the lunatic fringe, and has effectively prevented any investigation into the appalling catastrophes of mismanagement and chicanery in Afghanistan and Iraq. The creation and perpetration of the "9/11 Truth" industry is one of the mose successful INTEL operations ever, IMO - with genuine home-grown stooges as cult leaders.

I have yet to issue my final conclusions regarding 9/11.

Anyhow, I do agree that the '9/11 truth' does have many suspicious elements.

Edit:

Why are you calling people delusional fantasists who think that the collapse (s) may have been what it looked like?

No planes hit building 7 either. And everyone who is honest admits it's collapse looks controlled.

Found a .gif of it - so everyone can see (and maybe spent a few relaxing moments in fantasyland :) ) - here that is:

Anyhow, I do agree that the '9/11 truth' does have many suspicious elements.

Why are you calling people delusional fantasists who think that the collapse (s) may have been what it looked like?
Many suspicious elements... that's mildly put.

pentagon-hole.jpg

An airliner disintegrated trough this hole without braking the windows around ? This IS paranormal, right here.

Anaximander,

The sad truth is, there were people who knew when the WTC was being built that it would be poorly constructed. New York Fire Commissioner, John T. O'Hagan, knew the towers could collapse. He tried and failed to stop it.

Watch 25:40 to 27:45 of this podcast for a better explanation.................

http://www.booktv.org/Watch/11666/T...City+and+Determined+the+Future+of+Cities.aspx

I just finished listening to the interview, and Lear struck me as being mentally frail. He was fairly forgetful of names and facts, and threw out speculation sans any type of filter.

The man is an attention seeking, disordered personality. His theories on 9/11 alone are just bloody sad.

Also sad is declaring people "delusional" if they too have spent countless hours dismantling the official conspiracy theory of 9/11 and have concluded that the official story is bunk, especially NIST. Could not agree more that many constructs are planted to discredit legitmate investigsation and many are there to draw people down a path that sends them back to the start. But NIST is junk. Period. I have a friend (engineer, teaches at local university the past 35 years) who told me that he has become disillusioned with his colleagues who have chosen to pretend the NIST report has validity while talking socially , but privately confide to him that they are certain it is bunk.

John Lear reminds me of Gorden Novel for some reason. Mind you, Novel is insane and dangerous whereas Lear is just having fun (it would seem).

Back