• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestions for The Paracast

this guy :

dchildress2008-large.jpg

i really want to hear this guy answer for some of his insane theories on the Ancient Aliens show :D

How about Andrew Collins? No, I don't mean Colin Andrews, I'm referring to the prolific UK-based author who has written books on many aspects of the paranormal. Some of his theories are extremely controversial - for example, he tends to think that UFOs are organic creatures rather than spacecraft, which makes him one of Trevor James Constable's few remaining adherents. He has also done a fair bit of research in Egypt, which brought him into initial uneasy cooperation followed by acrimonious conflict with that delightful man, Dr. Zahi Hawass. I'm sure Andrew has a few stories to tell about that!

He also has an elaborate theory that human evolution was kick-started by high-energy particles from the constellation Cygnus, which stone age man somehow detected, resulting in a worldwide cult of swan worship. Also, on 21.12.12 the Sun will go out, but it will almost immediately be replaced by another one which will pop out of a "hyperspace birthing tube", though that idea was almost entirely excised from his published book on the subject, presumably because his editors considered it to be a bit much.

Also, Andy has a long history of involvement in the Psychic Questing movement. I don't know if this happens in the USA, but basically, the idea is that psychic people (Andy himself is in no way psychically gifted and cheerfully admits it, but many of his friends are) search for amazing magic artifacts which they actually find, thus preventing terrible disasters such as the birth of the Antichrist. It should also be noted that Andy and his mates, at an early stage in their careers, foiled a sinister fellow known as the Black Alchemist, who became sufficiently well-known to enter the realm of fiction, and subsequently had his ass kicked by both Lara Croft and Green Arrow.

I'm suggesting Andy because he's had an incredibly varied career as an all-round paranormalist, some of which is frankly a little bit hard to swallow, but the man himself comes across as being surprisingly sincere. You've had a few guests who were blatantly making it all up, and some who didn't seem to know very much about their own subject (take a bow, Mr. Sanchez), but Andrew Collins, though perhaps a little too quick to jump to amazing conclusions, is the real deal. From reading his work, I get the impression that he is perfectly sane, and lacks the pomposity that mars far too many books of this type. Probably his worst failing is an overdeveloped sense of wonder at the expense of critical thinking, but around here, is that even a failing?

I think that if you booked Andy, you'd have a guest with a very wide range of interests who really has done a great deal of research, and who would be fully prepared to go out on a limb and talk about wildly unlikely things because he's genuinely sincere. Also, judging by his books, he seems to be quite a nice chap. Though he may get a bit stroppy if you mention the Brentford Griffin...

After listening to Loren Coleman, having Jeff Meldrum on would be worth your while. If Loren doesn't turn skeptics into..umm, less skeptical skeptics, Jeff certainly will.

Love the show,
Andrew

how about Larry King ? I understand that would be VERY difficult but it would be "way-cool" if you guys could make that happen.

Maybe it's been sugested before and maybe it's beyond the usual scope of the paracast, but how about trying to contact someone from the Division of Perceptual Studies at the University of Virginia? That's the division founded by the late Prof. Ian Stevenson who investigated thousands of cases of alleged reincarnation. I think Dr. Jim Tucker is continuing his work. Dr Bruce Grayson would also be on my wishlist, but essentially I would like to hear from anyone working in that division. If you're not that well versed in reincarnation theory, no problem. Just get them to talk :)

I'll even give you the link:

http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/psychiatry/sections/cspp/dops/home-page

OK ? Yes?? Whaddaya think, huh? :D

Have you guys ever heard of Noah Voss? I came across one of his books, UFO Wisconsin: A Progress Report while browsing at the local bookstore. I looked up his website, Unexplained Research, and it appears that he's been pretty active for quite a while exploring a variety of paranormal topics. He even has a link on his homepage that takes you to a selection of ghost hunting gear you can buy.

His HQ is somewhat close to my neck of the woods--in Wisconsin, anyway--which was fun to discover, and so I thought I'd send his name your way.

P.S.- Voss is actually just one researcher associated with that website. One other is Linda Godfrey, who I've heard of before, then the other names don't ring a bell: Chad Lewis, Terry Fisk, and Bob Salt, Ph. D.

Stephen E. Braude would make a great guest. He's the editor of the Journal for Scientific Exploration and the author of several books on PK, life after death, and paranormal phenomena. His home page.

I think Klaus Dona or anyone knowledgeable on the subject of Ooparts would be good.

Also, how about a real "Roadrunner." Not necessarily one of the guys in whatshername's book. But, one also possessing the proper credentials, who would not just parrot the government propaganda machine. One who might be willing to venture a bit farther afield. It would take some serious vetting by y'all and no doubt would be anonymous, but, I would trust y'all that the person was legit if you put him (or her) on the air. The clock is ticking and these guys won't be around much longer.

Klaus has been on the show, but we haven't been able to connect with him to set up another episode. But it's definitely under consideration.

I still think that Brian Dunning would make an excellent guest. He's pretty accessible and I know he and Gene share the same taste in computers.

Guys, from another paranormal show I listen to (Kevin Smith Show) I have learned about Yugoslavia having its' own space program in the past. This much is fact. What is debateable is that this program was 'bought' by the USA. As weird as the whole story seems on the face of it, someone has gone to the bother of producing a documentary on the subject: a youtube clip of the documentary exists and I have provided the link below.
If not maybe a whole show on its own, then definitely worthy of serious discussion during some other show I would think?
I would like to say something quickly on Phil Imbrogno. I do not condone faking of credentials in any way. I would imagine however, that there are many people out there in the world right now who are doing a good job in their chosen profession, whilst hiding a secret shame; that they used credentials or work history that was not their own. People lie on their CV's all the time and while it is nothing to be proud of, It does not follow that everything these people have done since is also fake.
Perhaps the real shame of the Imbrogno affair is that probably the guy had no need to invent degrees that he supposedly held. Maybe his body of work would have held up on it's own merit regardless of whether he had attended MIT or whatever.
Yes, it is true that when someone gets found out for using credentials they have no right to that they should come under the most close scrutiny because basically they have been caught out in a lie, and who's to say they do not lie regularly?
I have no way of knowing whether Mr Imbrogno has ever fiddled data during his paranormal research. It may be the case that he never did that at all, or that he sometimes did - the point being is that as soon as your credibility comes into question on one thing, it follows that it is questioned for everything else.
Maybe Phil Imbrogno thought his books etc would be taken more seriously by the wider public if it looked like he had a recognised education from a top institution. Now that he has been found out, he has shot himself in the foot because absolutely no-one is going to take his word on anything and that might be a real shame, IF, his work was carried out honestly. The truth is, we will never know because we only have his word to take and that has been shown to be untrustworthy.
I would have more respect for Mr Imbrogno if, when it came out about his qualifications being faked, he came forward immediately and said something like 'yes, it is true. I made a mistake a long time ago thinking if I said I held degrees from MIT, people would take my work more seriously. It was a stupid mistake and I regret it totally. I just hope I can put this shame behind me, apologise to everyone who had faith in me and hope that from now on my work will be scrutinised on its' own merit and not on the basis that the author held these degrees.'

Maybe even that will never repair such a tarnished reputation but I just think that even if he did lie about his educational qualifications, it does not neccesarily follow that every piece of investigation he ever undertook was faked. Yes, he can never expect to be looked upon the way he once was but I like to think people deserve a second chance. I've been given a few in my life (not for this) and I like to extend the same courtesy to others. Of course, that can only happen after the guilty stand up and admit their guilt, ask forgiveness and promise to not repeat the same offence.
I think it should be noted that I have never read any of Mr Imbrogno's work. I don't want anyone to think I was some fan of his and have a vested interest in his work not being called into question. All I really know about the guy is the situation with him and his faked qualifications.
I do not know if he has publicly apologised for this and if he has not, then it is to his detriment. An immediate public apology should have been the first order of business.
A very stupid mistake he made but from what I've read about him, it seemed he was quite respected until this all came out. Seems such a shame for it all to go to waste, especially if the work was genuine.
gordon

On the news today:

Fran Drescher claims she and her ex-husband were abducted and microchipped by aliens....

If we could tolerate 2hrs of her voice, it could make an interesting episode ha ha

Back