• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestions for The Paracast

JIM B. TUCKER, M.D. is Bonner-Lowry Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia. He is continuing the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson at the UVA Division of Perceptual Studies with children who report memories of previous lives. A board-certified child psychiatrist, Dr. Tucker worked with Dr. Stevenson for several years before taking over the research upon Dr. Stevenson’s retirement in 2002.

Dr. Tucker was born and raised in North Carolina. He attended the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a BA degree in psychology in 1982, followed by a Medical Degree four years later. He then received training in general psychiatry and child psychiatry at the University of Virginia. After he completed his training, he stayed in Charlottesville and began a successful private practice in psychiatry.

Dr. Tucker, who was raised Southern Baptist, had never seriously considered the idea of reincarnation before reading one of Dr. Stevenson’s book. After learning about the work, he became intrigued both by the children’s reports of past-life memories and by the prospect of studying them using an objective, scientific approach. He contacted the Division and in 1999 began working there half-time. A year later, he gave up his private practice completely to work at the university. He has now published two books and numerous papers in scientific journals. He has spoken before both scientific and general audiences and has made a number of television appearances, including Good Morning America, Larry King Live, and CBS Sunday Morning.
Bio - Jim B. Tucker

As suggested on a recent show, Amy Allen. Also Michelle Belanger (bell an j) and Jeff Belanger (Bell and jer) (no relation). UFOs are great but it would be nice to stray into other paranormal territory.

has anyone mentioned kay wilson ? i still fall on the skeptical side when it comes to alien abduction claims...at last the vast majority of them... but i'm still intereted in hearing kay's story about the amount of harassment that resulted in her web site being shut down earlier this year. I don't know all that much about her but from what i understand the harassment was 100 % real and not implied or "enhanced" in order to have a convenient excuse for shutting down the site.

Will Jeremy Meador be future guest? I realize he's a bit controversial after Art Bell hung up on him during his Dark Matter show for reasons that are still unclear. Meador's been promoting his research into the 1952 Ely Nevada UFO crash, and has seemed less than forthcoming with many details including supposed witness testimony. Still, a good interviewer might wrestle the truth out of him, if such an interviewer is up for the challenge.

I would like to suggest professor Ronald Hutton:

"Research interests

A leading authority on history of the British Isles in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, on ancient and medieval paganism and magic, and on the global context of witchcraft beliefs. Also the leading historian of the ritual year in Britain and of modern paganism.*"

I have seen him in several documentaries and have always found what he says interesting.

*Bristol University | Department of History | Professor Ronald Hutton

This more of a request than a suggestion: I would like to hear a show were Gene interviews Chris and vice versa focusing on the cases or people that have most influenced or interested them/you. I am sure there would be many other questions from the forum users as well.
Personally I usually enjoy listening to the beginning of the shows the most (before the guest is introduced) I know there have been "round table" and "talk shop" episodes previously but I think that a show dedicated to you individually would be very interesting listening. for example Gene describing passing on "that guys" details to the army complaints department made me laugh out loud, and when Chris described "Hells canyon/hole" and the Rattle snakes I was captivated. (Ryan Skinner episode).

Best wishes.

This more of a request than a suggestion: I would like to hear a show were Gene interviews Chris and vice versa focusing on the cases or people that have most influenced or interested them/you. I am sure there would be many other questions from the forum users as well.
Personally I usually enjoy listening to the beginning of the shows the most (before the guest is introduced) I know there have been "round table" and "talk shop" episodes previously but I think that a show dedicated to you individually would be very interesting listening. for example Gene describing passing on "that guys" details to the army complaints department made me laugh out loud, and when Chris described "Hells canyon/hole" and the Rattle snakes I was captivated. (Ryan Skinner episode).

Best wishes.

Actually, this is most likely the best suggestion I have heard in a while in this thread. What I would truly love is a show where Chris expounds solely on his Trickster school of thought and theories. I am certain this would be a very valuable show and one that I certainly would benefit from. As far as Gene is concerned, forgive me Gene as I realize this statement has it's implications, ;) but he's "been there and done that" in terms of the most classic and fascinating times within of all Ufology and Forteana. So in terms of Gene, I wouldn't know where to start, so ANYPLACE as Han suggests, that most inspires or impresses him, would be great ear candy in my book.

I notice that annie jacobsen is going to be at my local library promoting her latest book on operation paperclip. Is she paracast msterial?

I notice that annie jacobsen is going to be at my local library promoting her latest book on operation paperclip. Is she paracast msterial?
if it was a round table with j P Farrel and some other dudes(ettes) and they talked specifically about the crypto historical hypothesis. The idea that nazi scientists created the first UAVa and atomic nuclear /alternative UFOs covertly for the US or counter to its clandestine programs has more merit and more explanation than a simplistic ETH answer.

I would also like to hear David Paulides on the show. He is a former LE officer that has written 3 books after discovering how many people have gone missing in national parks.

Back