• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestions for The Paracast

oh no - i hope not!! I was looking forward to giving it a good trial run . . . I'll try to let you know what I find out . . . :-(

so far, it's very good - I like the Chinese correspondent and how he says people in China handle discussion of UFOs - I'm in the middle of the historical account of a UFO and it's fascinating!

Thank you for the tip!

I have posted this elsewhere but I would like form members to be able to ask him questions:

Peter worked for many years as a clinical psychologist. He lives in Scotland. His qualifications include a Ph.D., from the University of Glasgow, awarded for a thesis on hypnosis.

Peter’s interest in psychical research and UFO phenomena goes back decades. He’s the author of numerous articles on these subjects and a recently published book, entitled Zones of Strangeness: An Examination of Paranormal and UFO Hot Spots. He believes that paranormal phenomena occur, and that many UFO experiences are genuinely anomalous. He contends that if we want to obtain a comprehensive understanding of ourselves and the nature of reality, these enigmatic phenomena can’t be ignored.
Peter McCue, Clinical Psychologist and Paranormal Author 10/30 by Open Minds Production | Paranormal Podcasts

Erik Davis, author of Techgnosis and host of Expanding Mind podcast:

Expanding Mind

Erik Davis [ TECHGNOSIS ]
wow, you have really posted an excellent, eclectic collection of material that I knew nothing about previously. i have really enjoyed the Kripal material quie a bit. it looks like the Authors of the Impossible movie has not yet got off the ground, but looks really refreshing and even academic. What specific books by Kripal would you recommend?

wow, you have really posted an excellent, eclectic collection of material that I knew nothing about previously. i have really enjoyed the Kripal material quie a bit. it looks like the Authors of the Impossible movie has not yet got off the ground, but looks really refreshing and even academic. What specific books by Kripal would you recommend?

Have a look at this podcast archive too, only seven episodes but there is cross-over with Erik Davis and Eric Wilson, Stephen Braude and Dean Radin (Dean Radin is highly recommended . . . has he been on the Paracast?)

Jones Cinema Arts - The IMPOSSIBLE TALK Podcast

As for books by Kripal, I have read (and recommend):

Mutant's and Mystics
Authors of the Impossible
The Serpent's Gift

there is a lot of crossover in material, either of the first two and then the Serpent's Gift will cover that ground - the Serpent's Gift is a bit more academic and esoteric - if you have an interest in gnosticism, I would recommend it. The controversy here and in Kali's Child seems to do mostly with the role of sexuality and eroticism in the mystical:

“Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field.” With those words in Genesis, God condemns the serpent for tempting Adam and Eve, and the serpent has shouldered the blame ever since. But how would the study of religion change if we looked at the Fall from the snake’s point of view? Would he appear as a bringer of wisdom, more generous than the God who wishes to keep his creation ignorant?

Inspired by the early Gnostics who took that startling view, Jeffrey J. Kripal uses the serpent as a starting point for a groundbreaking reconsideration of religious studies and its methods. In a series of related essays, he moves beyond both rational and faith-based approaches to religion, exploring the erotics of the gospels and the sexualities of Jesus, John, and Mary Magdalene. He considers Feuerbach’s Gnosticism, the untapped mystical potential of comparative religion, and even the modern mythology of the X-Men."

The one I haven't read that I would like to is Kali's Child - there was a lot of controversy about this (sex, again) - a good starting point is here:

Kali's Child

Happy Hunting! :)

I'd like to hear another episode with Stanton Friedman, if he's willing, to provide an in-depth account of how he and other investigators re-discovered the Roswell incident in the late 70's. I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical about this case, but I'd still love to hear Mr. Friedman devote an episode to those exciting early years, when the case was new and ufologist thought the cover-up was on the verge of breaking, and our understanding of the universe would never be the same.

Exploring the yet to-be-discussed "Flying Dutchman" phenomenon?

I'm not sure who might be be a guest, or researcher or author on this phenomena, or whether it fits the realm of the paranormal, but it was a subject I never heard addressed through the years of "Coast To Coast AM," for one. That surprised me, considering it's a widely known "event."

The strange incidences of legend called "ghost-ship apparitions." I'm surprised of all the strange things "Coast" covered all those years, my research indicates -- although I admit I could be wrong -- the program has never dedicated an episode to discussing this phenomenon.

I had submitted the idea years ago to both "Coast" producers and hosts. I didn't hear back, nor hear any show on this being done. But by ghost ships, I don't mean abandoned ships which are found at sea. I mean some apparitions which live on in legend -- remember how we all know about The Flying Dutchman ghost ship -- yet I've not hear hear on alternative-talk radio what could be causing those apparently translucent images of ships, which was reported for many centuries. Even Art Bell, from what I researched, never addressed it.

I've understood it can be caused by refraction of light, especially when ice is present in Arctic areas. Producing optical illusions and nothing more. But that may not explain away what mariners have seen. Most myths have some basis in fact, I feel, so perhaps a dedicated show in discussing that may "scoop" other paranormal programs in that regard.
-30-

Last edited:
There are a great number of famous, multiple witness, historical examples of illusory sightings of other cities, ships etc. in the sky. Jerome Clark has collected quite a bunch of these stories and is the most knowledgeable person I've read on the topic, but then I've read little.

An excellent roundtable episode consisting of a number of researchers who are experts in the field,with solid cases floating in their brain to talk about the history, physics and optical theories of these mirage like events.

Back