• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming Happy Fun-Time

cows AND humans emit methane and CO2.. methane is worse than CO2 but CO2 has been picked as our enemy because humans emit it and they have to make humans seem to be a problem so they can tax us. human caused CO2 is very minimal and not a threat to this planet.

and once again i encourage those of you who feel humans and CO2 are bad for the planet to do the right thing and remove yourself from the food chain or stfu.

Funny how all the skeptics sources are from people who have no background in climate science whatsoever, and constantly present long ago debunked arguments and pure nonsense. Plus they're all funded by the oil and coal industry, weird.

Maudib,
You seem to think that being a skeptic somehow makes a person automatically wrong but being a believer automatically makes a person correct.

Don't you understand that all scientists are paid by someone?
Do you think that all the anthropomorphic global warming people are donating their time so that they can remain completely objective?
What seems more likely, that the UN and many of our politicians are pushing the AGW agenda because they are desperately concerned about the human race or because they desperatley want a lucrative new source of revenue and an excuse to exert their power over the entire planet?

Do you think that Dune was a dessert planet because sand worms fart CO2?

Wake up and smell the science.

scientists are by nature skeptics and utilize the step as laid out in the scientific method unless they are paid to come to a conclusion then they bypass the scientific method, get funding, manipulate observed data to suit their manipulated computer models that can be programmed to spit out whatever result you want, they then control the peer review process and self review their own scientific papers that are then submitted to policy makers who rewrite these submissions they submit to the funders of the scientists who then take the biased, manipulated bullshit to try and tax the crap outta us and take more control over the population. This added "concern for the environment" will kill millions of people thru the global policies stemming from the bullshit "green" movement. The "green" being moved is from the middle class to the elite thus creating more power for them. Well meaning people like Muadib and Angelo have been conned and that is hard to accept. All one has to do is consider the age of the planet and what it has gone thru thus far.. humans are not doing anything that this planet couldn't shrug off in a flash. CO2 levels have been MUCH higher and also lower, global temps have run much hotter and much colder, continents have divided and drifted half way around the world, whole species have gone nearly extinct many times due to global climate changes and outside forces over the past million years and some people hear think that puny little humans have nearly killed the planet since the industrial age a couple hundred years ago? really? REALLY?

Then we have this report today. .: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works :: Hearings :.

Hearing: Full Committee hearing entitled, “Update on the Latest Climate Change Science and Local Adaptation Measures.”
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
I must say it feels like we're back to the good old days. It may be hard to believe, but it was in February of 2009, during the height of the global warming alarmist movement, that this committee last held a hearing on global warming science. Back then we heard promises from the Obama administration of a clean energy revolution with green jobs propped up by billions in taxpayer dollars to companies like Solyndra.
What came of all those promises? The global warming movement has completely collapsed and cap-and-trade is dead and gone.
I suspect a look back over the past three years will be a little painful for my friends on the other side. In 2009 with a Democratic President, and overwhelming Democratic majorities in the House and the Senate, global warming alarmists were on top of the world - they thought they would finally reach their goal of an international agreement that would eliminate fossil fuels. Yet the Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade bill didn't happen.
Of course, what drove the collapse of the global warming movement was that the science of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was finally exposed. For years I had warned that the United Nations was a political body, not a scientific body - and finally the mainstream media took notice:
New York Times editorial: "Given the stakes, the IPCC cannot allow more missteps and, at the very least, must tighten procedures and make its deliberations more transparent. The panel's chairman...is under fire for taking consulting fees from business interests..." (February 17, 2010)
The Washington Post: "Recent revelations about flaws in that seminal IPCC report, ranging from typos in key dates to sloppy sourcing, are undermining confidence not only in the panel's work but also in projections about climate change.
Newsweek: "Some of the IPCC's most-quoted data and recommendations were taken straight out of unchecked activist brochures, newspaper articles..."
UK Daily Telegraph on Climategate: "The worst scientific scandal of our generation."
Just how unpopular is the global warming movement now? The Washington Post recently published a poll revealing that Americans no longer worry about global warming and one of the reasons is because they don't trust the scientists' motivations.
The IPCC has even lost the trust of the left. Andrew Revkin of the New York Times recently called for IPCC chair Pachauri to make a choice between global warming activism and leading the IPCC. They are also saying similar things about global warming alarmist James Hansen. As David Roberts of Grist acknowledged, Hansen has "become so politicized that people tend to dismiss him."
Just one look at this committee and we can see how bad things have gotten for the alarmists: today there are no federal witnesses here to testify about the grave dangers of global warming. President Obama himself never dares to mention global warming and some on the left have noticed: Bill McKibben recently criticized the President for not attending the Rio + 20 sustainability conference noting that, "Unlike George H.W. Bush, who flew in for the first conclave, Barack Obama didn't even attend."
It must be very hard for my friends on the left to watch the President who promised he would slow the rise of the oceans posing in front of pipelines in my home state of Oklahoma pretending to support oil and gas.
I imagine they are trying to keep quiet because they know President Obama is still moving forward with his global warming agenda - he just doesn't want the American people to know about it.
Now what the American people don't know: President Obama is doing through his bureaucracy what he couldn't do legislatively. He is spending billions of taxpayer dollars on his global warming agenda. We've already identified $68 billion.
Today we should have a fascinating debate. I want to thank climatologist Dr. John Christy for appearing before the Committee to provide his insights. I am also looking forward to the testimony of Dr. Margo Thorning, a noted economist who will discuss the economic pain of the Obama EPA's current regulations.
We've been through this now for the past 3 ½ years and the results are clear: President Obama's green energy agenda has been a disaster. The time has come to put these tired, failed policies to rest and embrace the US energy boom so that we can put Americans back to work, turn this economy around, become totally energy independent from the Middle East, and ensure energy security for years to come.

Holy-mackerel! Evidence of a turtle shell reversal or some sort of cyclic crossing and recrossing of the road? Only time will tell.
turt.gif
turtle shell reversal is caused by PFI or Pachyderm Flatulence Ignition which is elephant produced methane being ignited via static charges emanating from the shuffling of feet on a tortoise shell. It was once thought that by taxing the elephants PFI could be avoided, thus saving the planet.

Hi Folks,
I don't spend a lot of time reproducing other peoples web sites, but I will post a link. Please visit this link, it certainly provides more data, from what I can tell very real data and some opinions. Enjoy. Global Warming:A Chilling Perspective
let me know what you think.

Some good stuff there and I agree wholeheartedly with the closing Francis quote:
" What we are seeing really is just another interglacial phase within our big icehouse climate." Dismissing political calls for a global effort to reverse climate change, she said, " It's really farcical because the climate has been changing constantly... What we should do is be more aware of the fact that it is changing and that we should be ready to adapt to the change."​

Still st the end of the day it's safe to say that pretty much most of the causes, deforestation, disastrous land use, meat heavy diets etc. mentioned here are merely symptoms of a much bigger problem. There's just too dang many of us and seeing how we're not going to change the eugenics movement is standing in the wings biding their time.

Still st the end of the day it's safe to say that pretty much most of the causes, deforestation, disastrous land use, meat heavy diets etc. mentioned here are merely symptoms of a much bigger problem. There's just too dang many of us and seeing how we're not going to change the eugenics movement is standing in the wings biding their time.
the eugenics movement is alive and well and very busy.

still I do acknowledge there are others who think the whole overpopulation argument is hogwash and any recent problems as of late are more likely grounded in corruption...which can manifest itself In outdated technologies and infrastructures...and political stalemates, which undoubtedly does account for many things going on currently, so I suppose my earlier post could have been a little premature but those things aren't sexy enough nor will the people behind these issues ever likely see the light and it's probably not cost effective when it's much too easy to blame those that can't defend themselves and so my ending statement is still probably valid.

Overpopulation is a myth |
and that

Debunk the Overpopulation Myth | Population Research Institute

i dont think the planet is over populated by humans but the next ice age will make sure of that.

and once again i encourage those of you who feel humans and CO2 are bad for the planet to do the right thing and remove yourself from the food chain or stfu.
i dont think the planet is over populated by humans but the next ice age will make sure of that.

Its not about STFUs, its about realizing we have a negative impact and trying to negate or neutralize that impact in any way possible.

I think its pretty clear our population is above earth's carrying capacity, we have simply surpassed nature's ability to regulate our growth....for the time being.

Back