• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming Happy Fun-Time

so anything that has a perceived negative impact on the environment should be neutralized or just the human impact? to say we have surpassed natures ability to regulate humans is pretty arrogant.

I think its pretty clear our population is above earth's carrying capacity, we have simply surpassed nature's ability to regulate our growth....for the time being.

I can't believe that. There is more than enough room on this planet for everyone. The problem is the intelligent distribution of that population and the proper utilization and conservation of resources.

HAHA! Isn't Mother Nature clever - she has redundancy built into everything. Allow me to elaborate:

according to a pie-chart in post above from Muadib, cow farts contain around 5.4% Nitrous Oxide in addition to 8.6% Methane.

So, if you don't get knocked out by the smell, there is some laughing gas to finish the job! Clever!

I'm around. I've just been burnt out on the paranormal topics. I'm only really checking in a couple of times per week and if there are any moderation concerns that are brought to my attention.

I'm around. I've just been burnt out on the paranormal topics. I'm only really checking in a couple of times per week and if there are any moderation concerns that are brought to my attention.
yay! my favorite sparring partner is alive and well. good to hear from you!

I had noticed the lack of our Canadian moderator/Italian plumber friend. It was really getting from he must be on holiday to he must have taken a sabbatical to he's totally had enough with these threads and is never coming back.

Most thankfully, he is just being a bit quiet - the one explanation that had not occurred to me!
Yes, good to see you again Angelo - the forum is better for having you and that's a fact.

Pixel, you like to talk about how the sources that talk about global warming as a problem are compromised, but don't you think linking to articles from a site associated with The Heartland Institute is also flawed? Or is it more of a "if they agree with my point of view they are cool" sort of thing.

Pixel, you like to talk about how the sources that talk about global warming as a problem are compromised, but don't you think linking to articles from a site associated with The Heartland Institute is also flawed? Or is it more of a "if they agree with my point of view they are cool" sort of thing.
I read both sides of the issues. As I recall this was your favorite "go to" site for your brand of "science". Could that be why you seem a bit sensitive to this post?

Nope - I really don't care either way. No matter what you present from a libertarian think tank will change the science. The Earth is warming, human beings are a factor. How much of a factor wand what it means, we can't know for sure. Saying we are not contributing to it is completely wrong and goes against what the data tells us.

Think about how you feel when you're discussing the reality of the bible with someone that it quite religious. That's how it feels discussing this topic with you. You refuse to look at the data.

I have never said we are not contributing to the earth warming. I have said the amount we contribute is insignificant.

I don't claim to know anything about climate change but I do wonder about the idea that the Earth goes through natural phases of heating and cooling over long periods of time, in human terms.
What caused the last ice age to come to an end? Supposedly 15,000 years ago most of Europe was under ice but something caused all that to melt until we have pretty much the picture we do now, we have the arctic that is permanently cold and seasonal freezing of the sea up there.

I know the climate change lobby are claiming a correlation between increasing pollution and increasing temps so I suppose my question would be: Is it at all possible that a warming climate right now is just coinciding with the pollution levels just as a matter of coincidence?

(I haven't researched much at all on this and am very much sitting on the fence)

Back