• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

George Wingfield Will Be Our Guest on the June 1st Show

What do you think about Nick Pope's "exotic atmospheric plasma" theory which I guess he puts forth in the "Encounter" book (at least he spoke about in in last week's Paracast)? I think he even said something like "intelligent" or "interactive".

Have you looked into Hessdalen or other BOL phenomena? Do you think they are anomalous?

Could this be what's been called "foo fighters"and "spook lights" in recent history, and "signs in the sky", "fiery spears and shields" in more ancient history?Are they the same phenomenon as the more "nuts and bolts" UFOs?

Hi, Goggs

I’ll try to answer some of your questions but this may take a time! I certainly don’t have answers to everything. For a start I think you’ll agree that there many different kinds of UFO. After we’ve discarded all the usual balloons, drones, misidentified aircraft, ball lightning, etc., etc., let’s see what’s left. I’m talking about true unknowns and ones that do appear to be intelligently controlled.

“Balls of light”, for want of a better term, are certainly seen and sometimes appear to fly in formation giving the impression that there’s a dark body in between. There is obviously something going on here but whether that means some physical object(s) or not is impossible to say. Some researchers have suggested that these UFOs consist of plasma –that is ionized gases, presumably nitrogen and/or oxygen in the atmosphere—but that doesn’t get us any further since there’s no indication of how the gas became ionized or why such plasma(s) appear to move as if intelligently controlled.

I prefer to think of such UFO(s) as being more like a hologram or some kind of moving image. In the old days we’d think that a screen was needed for projecting such an image but today our technology can (I’m told) produce holograms that give a 90% realistic “virtual reality”. Besides, such images can be stationary in the sky or travel across it at fantastic speeds. An image has no inertia and can perform instant right angle turns and yet it can have the appearance of being a physical craft. It can also blink out and appear to vanish in situ. Such an image can change continuously in the manner of polymorphic UFOs that are noted by Jacques Vallee.

That of course raises the question of where such hologram images (let's call them that) are coming from and who or what is controlling them. That may take a bit of thinking about so let’s not go into that now. Another aspect of this is that different observers –even when standing quite close together—often don’t see the same thing when it comes to UFOs. I’m very aware of this and it certainly applied to my own dramatic UFO sighting over Washington DC back in 1992. But I'll leave that for another time too.

Polterwurst asks about balls of light in crop circles and a video from the 90s where several balls of light were seen to race around flattening the wheat. That was definitely a fake produced by some idiot, whose name I forget, who tried to sell it to Colin Andrews. A computer geek friend of mine saw that and made a very similar, if not better, video clip of the same thing in less than half an hour. I think you will find innumerable faked video clips of UFOs on YouTube and the like these days.

Finally we have to ask whether there really are genuine physical UFOs that visit this planet from elsewhere in the universe or are capable of traveling interdimensionally through time and space. I can’t answer that one but I think we need to look very carefully at whatever it was that came down in Rendlesham Forest in 1980. That seems the strongest evidence yet but there other possible explanations. I don’t buy the various claims of UFO crash/retrievals that have allegedly happened starting in 1947. If so, where’s the evidence? The only alleged fragments of UFOs that I know of have been fakes and I wrote an article about one such fake last year. A huge proportion of this subject --in particular most claims of alien contact—is false, and yet I still believe there is a genuine UFO phenomenon.

George

George, many thanks for taking the time to answer some questions posted. Chris uses these in the recording but 9 times out of 10, there is never enough time to ask all of them. Very few guests make themselves known on the forum and even fewer reply personally to questions so kudos to you for taking the time.
I am open to any theory of some UFOs being some kind of image or projection or even a short-term created object (maybe with some nanotechnology that can build and disassemble to order). We are often forced to ponder whether any intelligent life out there can reach us here across the vastness of interstellar space and people have posited that perhaps some kind of self-repairing machines could be sent in ET's stead - something that can endure a very long journey or maybe something that is sent as information that then self-constructs at the destination.
Of course maybe beings cannot cross dimensions but perhaps energy or information of some kind could. Basically we either have actual beings coming in the first person, or remote aliens use some method to send intelligent machines to do the exploring for them. All possibilities are equally interesting to me because they all would prove intelligent life elsewhere.

I think having two cattle mutilation experts on board, Chris and George, should make for an especially interesting show.

In answer to Boomerang, I don't like to call myself an expert but I did look closely at a cattle mutilation we had here in Iowa in October 2006. The photo I posted on this website of the heifer's carcass was taken the day after it died. There was no reason to think the 5 month old animal had been unhealthy. It had almost certainly been singled out and killed by coyotes which the farmer had heard howling every night for a week. Then, on the night before he found it dead, the coyotes were eerily silent though he saw some run along the fence of the pasture. He found the heifer dead at 4.50 pm the next day before rigor mortis had set in and it had already been quite badly mutilated in the characteristic way that one expects from scavengers. How much of this was done by the coyotes and how much by avian scavengers was difficult to say. I saw a turkey vulture fly over the pasture while we were inspecting the dead heifer and there were traces of bird droppings on the body. The farmer said he had never seen a cattle mutilation like this before so it was obviously a fairly rare event. There had been some other cases near Menno, SD, at that time.

George Wingfield should be an annual guest or part of a reoccurring roundtable that covers all the BS Hoaxing going on with ET-UFO's, especially, the personalities involved. He is one of the very best guests you ever had on the show. I love the fact he goes back decades to have a historical understanding of what's in-play here and who-all started it. The roots of it all is very fascinating! I'm sure he has a lot more interesting stories to share.

Thank you for that Dissection Stalker. On the subject of BS Hoaxing and some of the personalities involved, I think it's interesting to look once more at Robert (Bob) Scott Lazar. In November 1989 Lazar appeared in a special interview with George Knapp on KLAS TV in Las Vegas. In this he claimed that he had been employed by the US government at a secret underground facility known as S4 a few miles from Area 51. He said he had seen several ET flying saucers there and he had taken part in a program to back-engineer the propulsion system of these craft which he said used transuranic Element 115 (temporarily named "Ununpentium"). This substance, which was unknown on Earth at the time, supposedly emitted antimatter particles which produced energy with extreme efficiency in the form of a highly directional gravity distortion field. Two kilograms of Element 115 aboard each flying saucer was supposedly enough to power the craft for several years.

I visited John Lear at his house in Las Vegas in 1993 and he told me of the time when Bob Lazar had brought back from S2 a small dark orange piece of Element 115. Lear said that Bob Lazar had brought it to his house and when they had finished looking at it --it seemed abnormally heavy for its size-- they locked it away in the safe for the night.

When they opened the safe in the morning the piece of 115 was gone. "So who took it? The aliens??", I asked John Lear. "No, he replied, "it must have been government agents." "So, why weren't you and Bob Lazar both immediately arrested for stealing government property?", I asked. He hadn't got an answer to that and I later formed a strong impression that his story was completely untrue. I myself never met Bob Lazar.

I have no doubt now that Lazar was a complete phony and that his Area 51/S2 story was a carefully thought up attempt to defraud Las Vegas billionaire Robert Bigelow out of $$$$$. Even Stanton Friedman thinks that Bob Lazar was a fraud. We don't know whether or not Lazar succeeded but there are strong indications that he and Bigelow had some kind of a business relationship during 1990/1991. For more on this see what Glenn Campbell had to say on one of his websites in 2011:-

Area 51 Loose Ends: Lazar Story: A Fraud for Bigelow Funding?

My reason for bringing this up now is that a keynote speaker at this weekend's 2014 MUFON Symposium in the Crown Plaza Hotel, Cherry Hill, NJ, is George Knapp. I believe that he will say that he still thinks the Bob Lazar story was the truth --despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This illustrates once more that many MUFON folk love to cling to their old UFO mythology even when much of it has been totally discredited, and also --perhaps-- that many Las Vegans live in a world of complete fantasy.

George Wingfield
Somerset, UK

I have no doubt now that Lazar was a complete phony and that his Area 51/S2 story was a carefully thought up attempt to defraud Las Vegas billionaire Robert Bigelow out of $$$$$. Even Stanton Friedman thinks that Bob Lazar was a fraud. We don't know whether or not Lazar succeeded but there are strong indications that he and Bigelow had some kind of a business relationship during 1990/1991. For more on this see what Glenn Campbell had to say on one of his websites in 2011:-

Area 51 Loose Ends: Lazar Story: A Fraud for Bigelow Funding?

My reason for bringing this up now is that a keynote speaker at this weekend's 2014 MUFON Symposium in the Crown Plaza Hotel, Cherry Hill, NJ, is George Knapp. I believe that he will say that he still thinks the Bob Lazar story was the truth --despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This illustrates once more that many MUFON folk love to cling to their old UFO mythology even when much of it has been totally discredited, and also --perhaps-- that many Las Vegans live in a world of complete fantasy.

George Wingfield
Somerset, UK
Your ideas are spot on! Brilliant.

Chris Lambright has some John Lear tales to tell too. He recounts while at Lear's house an interview was being done with William (Bill) Cooper by some news or radio show. Lear admitted to Lambright that he had created false documents pretending to reveal top secret UFO information, and he was upset that Bill Cooper was "palming that off" to the news person as his own information he "found" from his Naval "intelligence background".

Anyway, Lambright says he severed his friendship with Lear after that.

You know, Bigelow is friends with Knapp, and Bigelow gave seed money to start-up Art Bell in the early 1990's. That show later became C2C AM and Knapp is a host on that show. We know Linda Moulton Howe (the ET-UFO cattle mutilation prophet) got money from Bigelow as early as 1994.

Bigelow practically started the birth of the famous "Skinwalker Ranch" in 1996. I've been in a CRAZY DEBATE about that story. It STINKS of fraud and hoaxing! You might find it an interesting topic that Knapp has written a book about too!

Here we go again??? It is UNBELIEVABLE to me what people can really believe in. I would really enjoy knowing your knowledge about that ranch. I hope you will return again soon to Paracast.

Thanks for your contributions to help clarify "the facts" from "the fiction".

Best Regards, DS

I feel I ought to contribute a few comments on the notorious Skinwalker Ranch in NE Utah which as you say, DS, became the biggest and the best of Robert Bigelow’s paranormal productions. I’m not accusing him of fraud and hoaxing but it’s an unfortunate fact that Bigelow funding has drawn quite a few very unscrupulous characters like Lazar who scrambled to tell the Master just the kind of thing which he wanted to hear. Likewise, the Art Bell show --and more recently Coast-to-Coast-- have attracted numerous charlatans and denied serious researchers and doubters a platform.

However, there are some honest researchers as well and NIDS did have some good people on its research project at the ranch. One of these was a Canadian friend of mine who was given the pseudonym ‘Jim’ in Chapter 19: The Tunnel in Colm Kelleher and George Knapp’s book Hunt for the Skinwalker (2005). NIDS investigators ‘Jim’ and ‘Mike’ were carrying out a night watch at the ranch when they saw a faint stationary light near the ground below the bluff where they were positioned. They are both watching this with night-vision binoculars when suddenly Mike says “It’s a tunnel, not just a light. There’s something in the tunnel …” In a state bordering on panic he goes on to tell Jim there’s a huge black creature climbing out of the tunnel and this then ambles off into the darkness.

Jim who is right beside Mike sees none of this –only the luminosity. They exchange binoculars but still it is only Mike who sees the bigfoot-like creature exit the “tunnel”. Within a minute or so the light fades and vanishes. There is no sign of the supposed creature if it ever existed. To his credit Colm Kelleher acknowledges in the book that it was only seen by Mike, not Jim, though other subsequent tellings of this story suggest that both men saw the creature.

What is not acknowledged in Hunt for the Skinwalker is that ‘Mike’ is none other than Terry Sherman (a.k.a. Tom Gorman), the Mormon ranch owner who sold the property to Bigelow in 1996 and was kept on as ranch manager as well as being co-opted as a member of the NIDS team.

The book is certainly a sensational story and on first reading seems to be full of convincing evidence for a whole array of paranormal phenomena taking place at this extraordinary haunted ranch. But if one looks more carefully one finds that the majority of these events are anecdotal and the witness in nearly every case described is Terry Sherman (and/or, sometimes, his wife Gwen). Wonderful, strange, stories of the paranormal but there is very little solid evidence to back the stories up. Couldn’t we have some photos of the various UFOs, or of the alleged giant wolf, or perhaps the alleged charred remains of the Shermans’ dogs that were attacked by bright glowing orbs? Evidently not!

I have asked some of those who went to the ranch in connection with the NIDS research project whether they believed everything Terry Sherman told them. Most thought that Sherman was sincere in what he said and that he was not faking what he claimed, or trying to pull some elaborate hoax on them for whatever reason. They insisted that some of them experienced strange events there not directly connected with the Shermans but very few such episodes are recorded.

I think that one should look much more carefully at Terry Sherman himself and consider his mindset and his interpretation of these events. The book clearly shows that he had a paranoid fear of the seemingly hostile environment in which he was trying to raise cattle and make a financial success of his ranching enterprise. He believed that the ranch was under attack by unseen or invisible creatures which were killing and mutilating his cattle and even his dogs. He believed that these mysterious entities were coming through “portals” from another place or from other dimensions. He says he saw strange UFOs over his land and bright animated orbs which attacked and killed some of the dogs.

We are told in Hunt for the Skinwalker (Chapter 8: The Window) that of all the extraordinary things that happened at the Sherman ranch the most common involved strange, unworldly orange structures that appeared low in the western sky and that family members saw these dozens of times. One time Terry felt that one of these could have been a tear or a rent in the sky about a mile away and through the rent he could see the sky of a different world or perhaps even a different time. Again he invokes the concept of a portal between different dimensions or alternate realities.

One has to ask why members of the NIDS team when they were at the ranch never saw these things in the sky. Sherman’s description of the “orange structures” could very well be of sun dogs (parhelia) which are quite common in Utah under certain atmospheric conditions but also something unfamiliar to many people. Certainly, those with an active imagination, might interpret a sun dog as a tear or rent in the sky.

Some of us have friends and acquaintances who seem to have very different realities to our own. One friend in the Midwest says he has had several encounters with reptilian aliens which sometimes manifest in his house during the night. Others say they have been abducted by aliens and perhaps taken aboard UFOs. I see these as subjective non-physical realities with no possibility of me --or anyone other than the experiencer-- seeing the alleged creatures. If they have any existence other than in someone’s mind’s eye, I’d say they were hallucinations induced by certain mental states. Terry Sherman’s vision of a huge dark humanoid emerging from a lit “tunnel” as recounted above is difficult to interpret as anything other than an hallucination. A good recent book on this subject is Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks (2012) although this does not touch on UFOs or visions of alien creatures.

Those claiming to be alien abductees and the like often seek physical evidence to substantiate their beliefs and this may include scoop marks on their skin, strange rashes, or alleged alien implants. Most of the supposed evidence for paranormal activity at the Skinwalker Ranch was the killing, mutilation or disappearance of Terry Sherman’s cattle and dogs. Although some of this seems mysterious there is nothing that could not be accounted for as attacks by predators such as coyotes, mountain lions, or maybe avian predators such as black vultures.

Chapter 15: The Killing describes one case where a newly-born calf is killed and mutilated by some mysterious unseen agency in broad daylight. This evidently happened very quickly and was discovered by Sherman and his wife soon afterwards. There were no NIDS investigators present at the time but some of the team were flown in from Las Vegas within a few hours. Although I would say that it sounds like a classic predatory attack by black vultures (which can be a very real danger to calves), the NIDS report dismisses the possibility of predator or scavenger involvement. It makes much of the fact there was almost no blood on the ground despite the fact that calves usually die immediately of shock in such attacks and no blood will pump out once the animal’s heart has stopped beating. It also assumes that the animal’s tagged ear, which was never found and had obviously been cut off with a knife, was removed by the unseen attacker. Ranchers would normally cut off and keep the ear tag of a dead cow to record its number and it seems likely the ear was actually cut off by Terry Sherman himself and that he omitted to tell the NIDS people.

NIDS eventually abandoned their project to find any proof of paranormal activity at the Sherman Ranch which could be published in the form of a scientific paper. Although there was circumstantial evidence of anomalous activity there was nothing that could be presented which positively excluded a natural explanation. Therefore the question must remain whether, if one took the Shermans out of the equation, there was anything truly paranormal going on at the ranch. The brother of the previous owner who sold the ranch to the Shermans in 1994 insists that there was no UFO or strange activity there before that time. This is contrary to what is claimed in Knapp and Kelleher’s book. This man also says that he actually received a phone call from Robert Bigelow trying to convince him otherwise.

Hunt for the Skinwalker is a terrific book but I think that close examination will show that much of it is folklore, fiction, or the product of certain people’s very vivid imagination.

Regards,
George Wingfield

Back