• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

George Noory's Ramblings

@ Chris/Gene

After a while, your and Gene's jokes blend somewhat together, you two have to work that one out on your own. ;)

Well, the 'stache' has to do it 4-5 days a week, I couldn't handle that with 'psychic pet talkers' or whatever, each week. I'd snap at some point.

Gasp! I hope nobody does a select grouping of edits from some of my Paracast dialog. I'm sure there are some forgettable tarnished verbal gems... :oops: Yikes!
He he he ... one day I tried a couple of edits to see if it would be possible to create an interview out of stock questions and reactions with voice inserts, but I never thought of making a comedy routine out of it ... that could be a lot more fun :D .

Thing about George Noory is that for all the ribbing C2C gets, George himself doesn't seem to be a bad guy at all. He doesn't attack people and doesn't go on the offensive when he knows he's being talked about a lot. Yes, most of us here think he does little to further any real truth-seeking in the subject of Ufology and other paranormal topics, but he's pretty harmless and no doubt a decent enough guy in person.

I suppose it's hard to follow Art Bell in the show he created and I doubt George Knapp would wish to take over full time even if he had the chance, so in the absence of someone better, Noory could be a heck of a lot worse. I mean, imagine if Steven Greer became the host of C2C......:eek:

Good summation Goggs, and you are dead on. I think I would love to have him as a neighbor. My guess is is that if any crap went down George would be the first one knocking at your door to see if he could help.

As far as his hosting duties I still say I have less issues with the way he approaches his guests. .. he needs to keep the pipeline open for a daily show. .. than I do with the way he and to an extent the others let the call ins ramble on and on and on. I know it's entertainment but sometimes I can't stop from thinking that somewhere on hold is someone with some really cool insight or neat experience is left hanging because some fool is going on about on of his co workers who may be a demonic reptilian dove.

With twenty hours of programming to fill each week, you would think you might hear something enlightening. It rarely happens that way. Noory probably take his orders from management and that is probably fine with him. No need to rock the boat.

I guess he usually swallows ice cubes or/and hasn't eaten anything ever yet, it's like trying to learn riding a bicycle Mustachio, once you do... ;)

Coast to Coast fills a need for a lot of night time workers and lonely people.
I have been a coast insider for 5 years.
I agree that Noory will let a guest say anything.
But some of the show are good but I skip a lot of them.
A lot of the audience has no interest in the paranormal.
I think a lot of people like his easy going style.

Make no mistake, I think he is good at what he does, entertaining people, I have a problem when Noory tries to tell people what is best for them or 'convert' the more gullible people out there. Gene, could we have a mustached Alien as a Logo on here?

Noory does seem like a nice enough guy. But he's about as esoteric as bubble gum. Que the Frank Sinatra bumper music, have a sip of diet soda and let the magic happen. :rolleyes:

I agree with those who say George Noory is a nice guy. He's a hard working son of a gun. As far as C to C hosts I believe George Knapp is the best, but he's probably not interested in being there full time. As far as Art (Quitter) Bell.......he should stay retired.

Back