• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene & Chris Talk Shop

J.T.

Maybe Logic
Great episode, hope this becomes a regular -- perhaps quarterly -- feature. I have to say my favorite question was "what was your favorite movie," since it told us a bit more of our hosts beyond the paranormal. Next time someone should do the same with music.

Good discussion overall, wide range of topics, nice flow (you know to expect the breaks unlike some guests), and nice to hear Chris step out on the plank and trust his audience with his personal views and experience. One doesn't need to agree with everything to appreciate it.

Curious to hear about crystal skulls, hope you can snag a good guest. Always glad to hear rarely discussed areas investigated (though I remember them being prominent in all those Arthur C. Clarke books and programs in the early 80s at the time I was getting interested in the overall subject).

Applause and hoots!! What a great show. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Thanks Chris and Gene. The only bad thing about the show is that due to your comments about it, I'm curious enough about the David Sereda show to go listen to it again.

Applause and hoots!! What a great show. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Thanks Chris and Gene. The only bad thing about the show is that due to your comments about it, I'm curious enough about the David Sereda show to go listen to it again.

Ah, the law of unintended consequences. :)

I Enjoyed the show too,
Childhoods end (i have Guardian Angel too) is one of my favourite books along with Arthur Tofte's novelisation of the day the earth stood still.

Thanks to the guests and question submitters for an interesting show

Well, aren't you a party-pooper. :D

I'm just downloading it. Gonna hit a combo with this episode and the one before that, yeah...

A quick update on Ted Phillips from my perspective. I have not heard from him in a about a month. He has had a few surgeries lately and has been in some serious pain in his back and knees. The last I talked to him he was not even able to go back out to Marley due to medical reasons. My attempts to help him with a website has been met with a series of delays due to his schedule and medical issues. I think he would like to get something going but other things keep popping up. Anyway, I am still trying to help him in any way I can.

Super quick update, I just got an emil from Ted, he just had surgery for a high hernia and I beginning treatment on a compressed spine which is very painful. In two months he is going to have surgery on his left knee. Hopefully that will be the last of his medical issues for the foreseeable future.

The only bad thing about the show is that due to your comments about it, I'm curious enough about the David Sereda show to go listen to it again.

I just finished relistening to that episode and you guys seemed very pleased with him during the show and even asked him to come back and discuss his propulsion system ideas. He seemed up for it at the end of the show.

What happened that put him on the black list? Don't get me wrong, I think David Sereda is pretty out there with his theories and the fact that he falls for the Hutchinson Effect nonsense says a lot about his science IMHO. Was it the after-show discussion that put him off? Was there a nasty email exchange or something?

I just finished relistening to that episode and you guys seemed very pleased with him during the show and even asked him to come back and discuss his propulsion system ideas. He seemed up for it at the end of the show.

What happened that put him on the black list? Don't get me wrong, I think David Sereda is pretty out there with his theories and the fact that he falls for the Hutchinson Effect nonsense says a lot about his science IMHO. Was it the after-show discussion that put him off? Was there a nasty email exchange or something?
Part of it involved off-air interactions that were discussed in subsequent episodes.

Good banter and grounded disscussion about a number of historical events in the Ufology/Strange Awarraness and enjoyable podcast. :DAgree with Gene on Star Wars movies and remember seeing it in a old theater with smokey air flowing through gave the lazer shots a funky feel:) :)8) Just waiting for Star War characters to jump through the movie screen:D

I really enjoyed hearing about The Thing in the Field that followed Chris home. It sounds like an account right out of Hunting for the Skinwalker where the fellow meditated in the clearing and was rushed by something partially invisible and hostile.

Yes loved this episode, more Gene and Chris duets please.

[ now there's an idea? How about you two attempt some Simon & Garfunkel? ]

Excellent show, Guys! I agree with some others here, one of those every now and then would be good to hear, like some of the roundtable discussions and tribute shows. Those are always enjoyable and revealing in ways the typical guest interviews are not.

Star Wars is one of those movies that really should be seen in a theater. Watching it on TV is like looking through a peephole or something.

Thanks, Chris, for the comments about Sedona. I had only heard how wonderful the place is, even from folks I know who vacation there and have no interest in anything paranormal. I knew you would not give us the Chamber of Commerce version, but I was surprised to hear how much the "tourist trap" aspect has taken over. Not that I should be surprised, now that I think about it. I hope it is a very long time before anything like that can be said about any place in the San Luis Valley. I've spent some time in Crestone recently, and it appears the hippies are still vastly outnumbered by the hard-bitten old ranchers. One of the most compelling things about your books about the valley is the fact that an awful lot of reports come from people who are the least likely to engage in any foolishness. If nothing else, they don't have time to mess with making any kind of report unless it's off-the-scale weird. These people are among the least likely to do things like see a strange pattern of lights and jump to the conclusion it's an alien invasion. I grew up around folks like that, and I know you don't survive long in their realm without a lot of common sense and calm wisdom about your surroundings. To just assume that such people are constantly misidentifying ordinary objects and phenomena requires as much ignorance as arrogance, in my opinion.

Back