• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

CNN grills Neil Tyson:

I get his drift lol.... our circle of knowledge doesn't encompass understanding that phenomenon yet. But sadly, I can't stand the guy and his 'laugh it off' attitude.

Why he's not curious about the alloys of unknown origin beats the hell out of me.... and why didn't anybody ask him to try to explain or speculate on the odd behavior of the physical craft that defied known laws of physics ?!?!
What does he think about governments keeping lids on evidence and that inhibit the evaluation by scientists of a recurring documented phenomenon.

Program cancelled = case closed no threat... yeah right. What he didn't know was that it was closed because of pressure from the evangelical lobby %$!@#!@

For a scientist, I find his lack of curiosity rather suspect and the lack of preparation of these journalists pathetic. If I was betting in Vegas I'd put my chips on the bet that he's scared of alien contact... just like Stephen Hawking
Stephen Hawking Is Still Afraid of Aliens

You'd get better answers interviewing an evangelical in bible school... :confused:

Here's a friggin religious answer he might as well have answered to a question as to how did that strange craft move ?
God moves in mysterious ways

If I was betting in Vegas

If you were betting in Vegas, I’d ask you to wander over to Bigelow’s converted alien “metal & material” structure and take a peek inside.

You may find crates marked with “IKEA” and hordes of white suited individuals attempting to make out assembly instructions for various alien craft.

If you were betting in Vegas, I’d ask you to wander over to Bigelow’s converted alien “metal & material” structure and take a peek inside.

You may find crates marked with “IKEA” and hordes of white suited individuals attempting to make out assembly instructions for various alien craft.
Call me a cynic, but I doubt there's anything in there at all. Maybe a couple of old Kodachrome slides...

It never ceases to amaze me. Ufo story involving craft that have non-balastic motion, incredible speed and inhuman maneuverability.... hmmmm.... I know, lets ask an Astronomer. Surely he is more qualified to peculate than say, oh I dunno, an aeronautical or aerospace engineer or a theoretical physicist specializing in propulsion, or military fighter and test pilots with thousands of hours in a cockpit. Nope, desk jockey Astronomer or perhaps that lovable and friendly radio-astronomer guy. Yeah, thats who we should have on. nothin ever changes.

I am glad to see that this is getting a lot less of the usual jokes and brush asides. Of course, nothing will come of it, but at least its getting somewhat better.

As for the incident, the rumors of this story have been circulating for years. Little things like the Nimitz, multiple days of activity, and scrambled fighter jets were all true it seems. But, like most rumor, there were other aspects that were not at all accurate. Still, it makes me wonder what the grains of truth from some of the other whispered rumors might be actually be accurate.

For better or worse it kinda made me more interested in all this stuff again. I didn't think anything could do that.

New video uploaded this moment.
New interview with eloquent Luis Elizondo.
Subjects discussed: (CE2K cases / SETI approach / Data vs Neil Tyson’s pre-recorded views)

2017-12-20 - MLN: S.E. Cupp Unfiltered: Interview with Luis Elizondo

My capture and edit.

Index page updated:
Pentagon UFO Study

Best wishes.

The following video interview with Chris Mellon followed the video you linked. I'm posting the link in case it hasn't been posted here yet. Thanks for all the current discussions you are posting and indexing.

Last edited:
@uforadio, I just saw that you'd linked this video interview with Mellon previously. Not surprised that Robert Hastings is following all this press coverage and called the Mellon interview to your attention first. I hope some of the media people know enough to contact him for broadcast interviews at this point. No one is better prepared or more articulate on the ufo subject than he is.

Last edited:
@uforadio, I just saw that you'd linked this video interview with Mellon previously. Not surprised that Robert Hastings is following all this press coverage and called the Mellon interview to your attention first. I hope some of the media people know enough to contact him for broadcast interviews at this point. No one is better prepared or more articulate on the ufo subject than he is.

No worries Constance. More to come.

I’m stunned that Bigelow hasn’t been dragged into this media frenzy yet lol

His headquarters are probably jammed with press vans waiting for him to sneak out lmao

This is my first time posting...huge fan of the show for years. But I have to say, that Chris and Gene have completely missed the story with Tom DeLonge. Your cynicism has clouded your thoughts on his efforts. You've been wrong about this from moment one. Especially in light of what has happened in the last week. I call this the biggest breakthrough in my lifetime. What is the breakthrough? A national conversation taking place because of Tom DeLonge. The government admitting to funding research into UFOs and videos being released. Your argument that he's doing this for the money seemed off from day one...he doesn't need the money.

I understand being skeptical with everything that has happened in this field. The recent Roswell mess almost made me quit following the whole subject. I also question why in the world the US government is working with Tom DeLonge of all people?? Some of his claims are outlandish and have no backing, but he has delivered what no one else has in a generation...not total disclosure, that will probably never happen. But he has opened the door where real scientific study might actually take place on the technologies that drive these UFOs. I have never heard CNN ask real and pointed questions on the UFO subject like they have this week. In fact, I completely agree with Ezechiel's post above regarding the tone of the coverage and the shocking dismissiveness of Degrasse.

In fact, the dismissiveness of Degrasse and Shostak make me even more emboldened in my views. I look at them as either so arrogant in their place in the field that they can not accept UFOs or that they are on someone's payroll to have this opinion.

Point is...I really hope the best UFO podcast on the planet reverses course and embraces what is happening. You guys should be fighting to get these guys on your show and appreciating the first real positive breakthrough we've had in a long time.

This is my first time posting...huge fan of the show for years. But I have to say, that Chris and Gene have completely missed the story with Tom DeLonge. Your cynicism has clouded your thoughts on his efforts. You've been wrong about this from moment one. Especially in light of what has happened in the last week. I call this the biggest breakthrough in my lifetime. What is the breakthrough? A national conversation taking place because of Tom DeLonge. The government admitting to funding research into UFOs and videos being released. Your argument that he's doing this for the money seemed off from day one...he doesn't need the money.

I understand being skeptical with everything that has happened in this field. The recent Roswell mess almost made me quit following the whole subject. I also question why in the world the US government is working with Tom DeLonge of all people?? Some of his claims are outlandish and have no backing, but he has delivered what no one else has in a generation...not total disclosure, that will probably never happen. But he has opened the door where real scientific study might actually take place on the technologies that drive these UFOs. I have never heard CNN ask real and pointed questions on the UFO subject like they have this week. In fact, I completely agree with Ezechiel's post above regarding the tone of the coverage and the shocking dismissiveness of Degrasse.

In fact, the dismissiveness of Degrasse and Shostak make me even more emboldened in my views. I look at them as either so arrogant in their place in the field that they can not accept UFOs or that they are on someone's payroll to have this opinion.

Point is...I really hope the best UFO podcast on the planet reverses course and embraces what is happening. You guys should be fighting to get these guys on your show and appreciating the first real positive breakthrough we've had in a long time.

It's all about being cautious and not jumping to conclusions... only to be processed by ufology's unforgiving meat grinder. This whole saga might end up being a trap where a piece of meat is thrown in the colosseum before the lions are released.

I think the pilot and the provided DOD video can be trusted. However, the context, the timing (13 years after the event), entourage and intents of this disclosure obviously need to be decoded properly

While the story has gotten a reasonable amount of publicity, there's no smoking gun there.

We don't really know much more about the UFOs, other than that a former Senate majority leader was interested in UFOs, and got this to happen. But $22 million is a tiny amount for the U.S. government. What's more, if we had secret evidence of UFO reality, possibly crashed saucers (from Roswell or elsewhere), wouldn't someone in authority have gone to Senator Reid to tell him so? He certainly had security clearances when he held office.

Agreed that there is no smoking gun yet, but I feel it has changed the conversation. Again, the tone of questions and the guests invited to talk about this are much different than past UFO stories. Maybe the Phoenix Lights had similar coverage, but the tone was much different. We have more news coverage today than we did back then, but it's been on CNN on every segment in prime time.

I don't think anyone in Congress has the security clearance for what is known. Which by the way, I don't the government knows much about this...I think they determined a long time ago that they don't know what it is and it does not appear to be hostile. So, they have kicked the can down the road until it does become a national security threat or that it can no longer be denied.

While the story has gotten a reasonable amount of publicity, there's no smoking gun there.

We don't really know much more about the UFOs, other than that a former Senate majority leader was interested in UFOs, and got this to happen. But $22 million is a tiny amount for the U.S. government. What's more, if we had secret evidence of UFO reality, possibly crashed saucers (from Roswell or elsewhere), wouldn't someone in authority have gone to Senator Reid to tell him so? He certainly had security clearances when he held office.

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft.

What's this lol ? I love how they're forced into tongue twisters to avoid the taboo words 'flying saucers'. Metal alloys and other materials from aerial phenomena LMAO

Agreed that there is no smoking gun yet, but I feel it has changed the conversation. Again, the tone of questions and the guests invited to talk about this are much different than past UFO stories. Maybe the Phoenix Lights had similar coverage, but the tone was much different. We have more news coverage today than we did back then, but it's been on CNN on every segment in prime time.

I don't think anyone in Congress has the security clearance for what is known. Which by the way, I don't the government knows much about this...I think they determined a long time ago that they don't know what it is and it does not appear to be hostile. So, they have kicked the can down the road until it does become a national security threat or that it can no longer be denied.
Lots of guessing here.

Elizondo stated, there are “metal alloys and other materials recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena” over at Bigelow Central. Anyone, (especially Elizondo), would not make such lofty claims without unassailable evidence.

So, where’s the beef?

... I have to say, that Chris and Gene have completely missed the story with Tom DeLonge. Your cynicism has clouded your thoughts on his efforts. You've been wrong about this from moment one. ...I really hope the best UFO podcast on the planet reverses course and embraces what is happening. You guys should be fighting to get these guys on your show and appreciating the first real positive breakthrough we've had in a long time.
This whole thing is downwind of that Danish fish market. Footage is clearly not from the Nimitz event; too many people knew some big announcement was forthcoming; the so-called revelation about Bigelow's hanger 18 if true, would violate classified need-to-know information; the pilot was too pumped, primed and ready to trot out for the networks—talking points in hand; the PR campaign around the story is too well timed and slick; the MSM has uniformly reacted in lockstep w/ almost uniform acceptance and tone; there has been absolutely no push back from the DoD which indicates complete official approval ahead of time. This whole thing smacks of a well-orchestrated PR move that is tied into a working relationship between TTSA, Bigelow, the alphabet agencies and certain members of the UFO community. It's way too contrived for my tastes and I have every right to be cautious.

Back