• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

@Thomas, I agree with your evaluations of the potential constructiveness of the 'To the Stars Academy' [though I think the name these people have chosen for their organization is silly]. Any new information coming from intelligence and scientific insiders will be welcome for most of us. To the extent that the organization propagates video lectures concerning the history of the ufo phenomenon and the physics of spaceflight [and includes multiple gun camera footage of actual encounters and interviews with the pilots who have obtained the footage], they will effect increased interest in the UFO phenomenon by serious people in all walks of life.

Re the organization's plan to produce 'entertainment' vehicles that will inform the public of the best available evidence of the reality of ufos, I think there are two reasons why doing so makes sense (though everything depends on the professionalism, seriousness, and intellectual coherence they bring to these efforts). Using 'entertainment' vehicles makes sense given the public's insatiable desire for entertainment in our time -- the US has become a nation of passive television and movie watchers. So these productions will get an audience and that audience might end up learning something. The second way it makes sense is that it will draw financial investments in the organization by people who want to 'make money' out of the 'entertainment' vehicles. And if it's enough money, it will also fund serious research the organization seeks to undertake.

There is an aspect to this that is consistent with recent policy and practice.
That rather than do these things in-house , outsource what you can to private company's who seem to be able not only do it cheaper but also innovate in ways the govt agency's didn't.

SpaceX is an example.

NASA Hails Success of Commercial Space Program Private Space Station Resupply Underway, Plans Readied for Astronauts

From my reading of ufo history there have been people in the upper echelons of government and the military for six decades who wanted the public to be informed about the ufos, but there have always been others (many others) who opposed doing so. Elizondo describes the same thing happening in the Pentagon today -- his primary reason for leaving. It might be the case that the PTB increasingly want degrees of disclosure [likely for reasons we don't know but that probably relate to the continuing pressure of the ufo presence into our time and perhaps to the greater insight concerning ufos obtained through various black projects]. Allowing, encouraging, even helping a private organization to move further toward disclosure leaves the government and MIC in the background: they don't have to bear public responsibility for disclosure (though as Richard Dolan has predicted in several books, the day will come when the American public as a whole becomes more than outraged at the long coverup and disinformation campaign the government has propagated).

Last edited:
Also from the NYT today, an account by one of the pilots pursuing the ufo in the main video:

2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’

Extracts from that account that should get our attention:

“Well, we’ve got a real-world vector for you,” the radio operator said, according to Commander Fravor. For two weeks, the operator said, the Princeton had been tracking mysterious aircraft. The objects appeared suddenly at 80,000 feet, and then hurtled toward the sea, eventually stopping at 20,000 feet and hovering. Then they either dropped out of radar range or shot straight back up."

"The two fighter planes headed toward the objects. The Princeton alerted them as they closed in, but when they arrived at “merge plot” with the object — naval aviation parlance for being so close that the Princeton could not tell which were the objects and which were the fighter jets — neither Commander Fravor nor Commander Slaight could see anything at first. There was nothing on their radars, either.

Then, Commander Fravor looked down to the sea. It was calm that day, but the waves were breaking over something that was just below the surface. Whatever it was, it was big enough to cause the sea to churn.

Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind — whitish — that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling."

Reading Carl Feindt's 'Underwater UFOs' website was what ultimately led to my unshakable conviction concerning the reality, scope, and vastly superior technology involved in the modern ufo phenomenon.

The indicated speed of Mach .58 (slightly above half the speed of sound) is 386 knots, aka 445 mph. The F/A-18 Super Hornet has an official top speed of 1190 mph, so the jet was at 37% of its top speed. Not particularly fast, but not particularly slow either.
Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet - Wikipedia.

Well, the airspeed indicated on-screen as seen in the vids, is generated by the onboard computer and it says around 250 kts, and thats for both vids, calculated by the pitot input and altitude and air pressure. So I will go with the on-screen airspeed.

I read the article linked by Constance. I'm rather skeptical of this whole shebang. The fellow in the photo of the article, "Commander Fravor" is photographed in front of a photo of a blurred US Navy chief (enlisted) of some sort. Maybe CGL can make it out. Why show the photo of a Navy chief (enlisted) when this fellow claims to be a "Commander" (officer) which is a significant difference in rank. No enlisted is a fighter pilot, as far as I know. It would have been more convincing to me if they'd shown "Commander Fravor" in uniform as a USN commander.

Maybe there is something to it all. Some time ago I read an article about the "tic tac" intercept, and that article seemed credible. But to me this DeLonge stuff is coming across very disjointed, and seems to be mostly for spectacular sensation. As I recall, DeLonge has said something to the effect that he has no problem mixing true data with entertainment. So, I have no idea whether these IR and TV vids contain usable "stand-alone" info. It doesn't look like it to me.

Finally, F/A 18's have a nice big airborne radar that could lockon and track such a target and actually give range. But only IR and TV cockpit video are given. Radar cockpit video would have been nice.

Last edited:
New media pieces added to the batch:

CBS This Morning - 2017-12-18 - Interview with Luis Elizondo - Pentagon UFO Study

NBC Today - 2017-12-18 - Interview with Ralph Blumenthal 2 - Pentagon UFO Study

Radar was jammed:

Another plane that launched from the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz around the same time had its radar jammed and was able to pick up the object on an infrared channel.

"You know, you see a lot of interesting things," Fravor said. "But to show up on something that's a 40-foot-long white Tic Tac with no wings that can move, really, in any random direction that it wants and go from hovering over the ocean to mirroring us to accelerating to the point where it just disappears — like, poof, then it was gone."

He recalled that the speed of the object, which he said had no exhaust trail in infrared scanning, was stunning.

"No aircraft that we know of can fly at those speeds, maneuver like that and looks like that," ABC News contributor and former Marine Col. Stephen Ganyard said.

Navy pilot recalls encounter with UFO: 'I think it was not from this world'

CVW-11 EVENT SUMMARY
14 NOVEMBER 04
EVENT SUMMARY 110/100, 303/305, 401
FAST EAGLES 110/100 UPON TAKE OFF WERE VECTORED BY PRINCETON AND BANGER (1410L) TO INTERCEPT UNID CONTACT AT 160@40NM (N3050.8 W11746.9) (NIMITZ N3129.3 W11752.8). PRINCETON INFORMED FAST EAGLES THAT THE CONTACT WAS MOVING AT 100 KTS @ 25KFT ASL. FAST EAGLES (110/100) COULD NOT FIND UNID AIRBORNE CONTACT AT LOCATION GIVEN BY PRINCETON. WHILE SEARCHING FOR UNID AIR CONTACT, FAST EAGLES SPOTTED LARGE UNID OBJECT IN WATER AT 1430L. PILOTS SAW STEAM/ SMOKE/CHURNING AROUND OBJECT. PILOT DESCRIBES OBJECT INITIALLY AS RESEMBLING A DOWNED AIRLINER, ALSO STATED THAT IT WAS MUCH LARGER THAN A SUBMARINE.

WHILE DESCENDING FROM 24K FT TO GAIN A BETTER VIEW OF THE UNID CONTACT IN THE WATER, FAST EAGLE 110 SIGHTED AN AIRBORNE CONTACT WHICH APPEARED TO BE CAPSULE SHAPED (WINGLESS, MOBILE, WHITE, OBLONG PILL SHAPED, 25-30 FEET IN LENGTH, NO VISIBLE MARKINGS AND NO GLASS) 5NM WEST FROM POSITION OF UNID OBJECT IN WATER. CAPSULE (ALT 4K FT AT COURSE 300) PASSED UNDER FAST EAGLE 110 (ALT 16KFT).

FAST EAGLE 110 BEGAN TURN TO ACQUIRE CAPSULE. WHILE 110 WAS DESCENDING AND TURNING, CAPSULE BEGAN CLIMBING AND TURNED INSIDE OF FAST EAGLE’S TURN RADIUS. PILOT ESTIMATED THAT CAPSULE ACHIEVED 600-700 KTS. FAST EAGLE 110 COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH THE RATE OF TURN AND THE GAIN OF ALTITUDE BY THE CAPSULE. 110 LOST VISUAL ID OF CAPSULE IN HAZE. LAST VISUAL CONTACT HAD CAPSULE AT 14KFT HEADING DUE EAST. NEITHER FAST EAGLES 110 OR 100 COULD ACHIEVE RADAR LOCK OR ANY OTHER MEANS OF POSITIVE ID. FAST EAGLE 100 WAS FLYING HIGH COVER AND SAW THE ENGAGEMENT BY FAST EAGLE 110. FAST EAGLE 100 CONFIRMS 110 VISUAL ID; 100 LOST CONTACT IN HAZE AS WELL. CPA OF ACFT 110 FROM CONTACT 4000-5000 FT.
That Time the U.S. Navy Had a Close Encounter With a UFO

I do find it strange though that, this happened in 2004. Then we get the pay to play circus of the To the stars academy in 2017 and suddenly all these navy guys are giving interviews on prime time TV.

Some fun facts:
700 Knots (KTS) is 1296.4 KPH

Mach 1 is 1234.8 KPH

So it was going just over the speed of sound

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear colleagues.

Again my capture and edit:

2017-12-18 – CNN: Erin Burnett’s OutFront: Interview with Luis Elizondo

This one took me few hours to resolve as it had huge audio sync problems due to few video frames that were lost during the stream. However, I was able to fix it and now it is preserved for UFO history.

More to come.

Yeah i agree, It seems scripted even to the words academy and stars. Its like a Hollywood theater piece .

But if its real, we can tick off the "why no leaks" aspect.
We often hear well if the military knew why wasn't anything leaked ?

Now see she says hovering 50 feet above the water, but you can see clouds in the lower left of the frame.

Im not even sure this footage is related to this report

CVW-11 EVENT SUMMARY
14 NOVEMBER 04
EVENT SUMMARY 110/100, 303/305, 401
FAST EAGLES 110/100 UPON TAKE OFF WERE VECTORED BY PRINCETON AND BANGER (1410L) TO INTERCEPT UNID CONTACT AT 160@40NM (N3050.8 W11746.9) (NIMITZ N3129.3 W11752.8). PRINCETON INFORMED FAST EAGLES THAT THE CONTACT WAS MOVING AT 100 KTS @ 25KFT ASL. FAST EAGLES (110/100) COULD NOT FIND UNID AIRBORNE CONTACT AT LOCATION GIVEN BY PRINCETON. WHILE SEARCHING FOR UNID AIR CONTACT, FAST EAGLES SPOTTED LARGE UNID OBJECT IN WATER AT 1430L. PILOTS SAW STEAM/ SMOKE/CHURNING AROUND OBJECT. PILOT DESCRIBES OBJECT INITIALLY AS RESEMBLING A DOWNED AIRLINER, ALSO STATED THAT IT WAS MUCH LARGER THAN A SUBMARINE.

WHILE DESCENDING FROM 24K FT TO GAIN A BETTER VIEW OF THE UNID CONTACT IN THE WATER, FAST EAGLE 110 SIGHTED AN AIRBORNE CONTACT WHICH APPEARED TO BE CAPSULE SHAPED (WINGLESS, MOBILE, WHITE, OBLONG PILL SHAPED, 25-30 FEET IN LENGTH, NO VISIBLE MARKINGS AND NO GLASS) 5NM WEST FROM POSITION OF UNID OBJECT IN WATER. CAPSULE (ALT 4K FT AT COURSE 300) PASSED UNDER FAST EAGLE 110 (ALT 16KFT).

FAST EAGLE 110 BEGAN TURN TO ACQUIRE CAPSULE. WHILE 110 WAS DESCENDING AND TURNING, CAPSULE BEGAN CLIMBING AND TURNED INSIDE OF FAST EAGLE’S TURN RADIUS. PILOT ESTIMATED THAT CAPSULE ACHIEVED 600-700 KTS. FAST EAGLE 110 COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH THE RATE OF TURN AND THE GAIN OF ALTITUDE BY THE CAPSULE. 110 LOST VISUAL ID OF CAPSULE IN HAZE. LAST VISUAL CONTACT HAD CAPSULE AT 14KFT HEADING DUE EAST. NEITHER FAST EAGLES 110 OR 100 COULD ACHIEVE RADAR LOCK OR ANY OTHER MEANS OF POSITIVE ID. FAST EAGLE 100 WAS FLYING HIGH COVER AND SAW THE ENGAGEMENT BY FAST EAGLE 110. FAST EAGLE 100 CONFIRMS 110 VISUAL ID; 100 LOST CONTACT IN HAZE AS WELL. CPA OF ACFT 110 FROM CONTACT 4000-5000 FT.
That Time the U.S. Navy Had a Close Encounter With a UFO

It seems like the press is already making a hash of this , humans...... IDK.

I'm pretty skeptical about this particular video.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with the 2004 Nimitz incident. For one thing, the Dept. of Defense won't say when or where it was taken. It's origin looks suspect. Also, the video shows the object above a lot of cloud cover, but original Fighter Sweep article indicates the 2004 incident happened in clear blue sky. See below.

https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/

Back