• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

From The NY Times: The Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

Here is the "To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science" version of the first IR recording of the NYT article.
Maybe there is something to it, but it doesn't look particularly striking to me.

According to the vid, the plane tracking the "object" seems to be making about 240-250 kts, which is very slow for a fighter jet - - no spectacular performance. They are in a very easy bank for fighter jocks. One of the voices on the audio says it is a "f--king drone". Just to say that even in the '70's US military aircraft practiced with various kinds of military drones, and on one of my squadron deployments, an aircrew shot down one of the drones at taxpayer expense. woohoo. (The drone controllers were supposed to bank the drone hard to avoid shoot-down, but goofed.)

Anyway, this vid could possibly be of a training exercise. Maybe, or not. . .
Neither this vid nor the other vid in the NYT article seemed impressive to me.

To me, neither Tom DeLonge nor the NYT inspire great confidence regarding government revelation of its secrets.
Why make a splash? I have no idea.

Forgive me if this is old news but this seemed an appropriate thread. I could have found the link but seeing the article in it's original form says a lot. The New York Post is a neat red bag of Truth, Justice and the American Way that arrives at the end of the driveway each morning. I saw this while drinking coffee, blinking and scratching... which I am still doing
upload_2017-12-17_9-2-5.png

Are we still laughing at Tom DeLonge?
I am. IMO—He's a grandstanding aspiring 'PT Barnum' who thinks he knows it all, but doesn't really have much of a clue... next question?

I don't see what the big deal is... They released a few seconds from a single gun camera clip. They are probably sitting on hours of footage some taken from several thousand gun camera clips shot over the past 50-60 years. Big wup.

Big wup. So what? They released a few seconds from a single gun camera clip. They are probably sitting on hours of footage some taken from several thousand gun camera clips shot over the past 50-60 years. I don't see what the big deal is...

Peter Levenda explains on Facebook how Tom deLonge’s TTSAAS is entirely responsible for the final disclosure of the US Government.

I give the link here but then copy the entire text below in case the link doesn’t work .

Peter Levenda

Peter Levenda:
By now most of you will have learned about the articles that have been appearing in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Politico, USA Today, and elsewhere in the US mainstream press as well as the world’s press that the Pentagon has released film footage of UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) otherwise known as UFOs. This was done exclusively through To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science (TTSAAS), the project started by Tom DeLonge and with which I have been involved – via Sekret Machines – since 2015.

The revelations that the Department of Defense had a project, funded by a black budget, to investigate UFOs during the period 2007-2012 will surely come as a surprise to some critics who believed that all that was over with Project Blue Book’s termination in 1970. It will not come as a shock to many who believed this was happening all along, of course. What is surprising, however, is that this is confirmation of what had only been suspected. We no longer have to speculate about black budgets funding UFO research: it has been confirmed. We no longer have to speculate about top secret film footage of UFOs taken by the military (and in recent years, no less): this, too, has been confirmed. Even further, we no longer have to speculate that elements of the US Government have been aware of this for years.

If you were waiting for Disclosure, guess what: it happened.

Your next question may be: why all the secrecy up to now? The US Senator who jump-started this particular project, Harry Reid, made it clear: it was a question of national security. We’ve known that all along, but until now no one in a position of authority has come out to tell us that so bluntly. (At least, not outside of Hollywood movies.)

But it seems to me the Pentagon project could only go so far in answering all of our many questions about UFOs. I believe what is required now is a more concerted effort by individuals from all branches of learning: in both the “hard” and the “soft” sciences, to be sure, but also in terms of the arts, for the imaginative “thinking outside the box” quality that artists, musicians, and writers bring to the table. (Think of Arthur C. Clarke and Philip K. Dick, for example.) For this effort to succeed, we need participation by everyone: every field of human endeavor, every race, every ethnicity, every religion (agnostics and atheists as well), every gender, every age, every political persuasion. No one has a monopoly on truth; everyone has a piece of the puzzle. We are all blind men with the UFO elephant in the room, and we can only know this particular elephant by pooling all of our impressions, all of our resources.

So, what do we know?

The US government has been studying the Phenomenon in secret for years. It was funded by a black budget. It was a project of which most people in the Pentagon were not aware, it was that secret. And, as Harry Reid stated, it was about science as well as national security. So who do we have working with us in Tom’s project so far? Scientists and national security experts.

We know that – however it happened, whatever machinations behind the scenes took place to make sure it happened – this is government disclosure. It may not be full disclosure, but as we used to say in Latin class: ovum ruptum est. The egg is broken. There’s no going back.

Congratulations! Just think: You were alive to see it happen. It’s a bittersweet achievement, however, when I think of all those who believed but who are no longer around to share the experience with us. I am thinking especially right now of Jim Marrs, who would have loved to have been here for this. This Negra Modelo is for you, Jim! Salud!

Watch this space.

(pun intended)

If we are to believe this program had a budget of $22 million, that barely covers a couple of overpriced government toilets. I would suspect some other type of agenda is going on here.

This article in Politico quotes Elizondo and Mellon and praises To the Stars, well, “to the stars!”

The Pentagon’s Secret Search for UFOs

But the real money quote for Paracasters here is this:

Reid’s views on the subject were also shaped by a book about the Skinwalker Ranch, co-authored by his acquaintance George Knapp, the former congressional staffer said.

“When this was brought to Senator Reid he said, ‘There is enough here and I am obligated if this is a national security issue to invest some money in this,’” he explained. “Stevens and Inouye agreed with this.”

Here is the "To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science" version of the first IR recording of the NYT article.
Maybe there is something to it, but it doesn't look particularly striking to me.
The article that Constance posted just above you fills in a lot of important context and a few crucial details:
Also from the NYT today, an account by one of the pilots pursuing the ufo in the main video:

2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’

According to the vid, the plane tracking the "object" seems to be making about 240-250 kts, which is very slow for a fighter jet - - no spectacular performance.
The indicated speed of Mach .58 (slightly above half the speed of sound) is 386 knots, aka 445 mph. The F/A-18 Super Hornet has an official top speed of 1190 mph, so the jet was at 37% of its top speed. Not particularly fast, but not particularly slow either.
Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet - Wikipedia

Anyway, this vid could possibly be of a training exercise. Maybe, or not. . .
The article that Constance posted does explain that the jets were on a training exercise near San Diego at the time of the encounter.

Neither this vid nor the other vid in the NYT article seemed impressive to me.
Did you read that other article? The object made it to their cap point 60 miles away in less than a minute (>Mach 4.5). With no visible emissions. And how did it know the position of their cap point to arrive there while they were still 40 miles away from it?

If you look at the video it's clear that there's no exhaust - any reaction exhaust would've produced a bright heat trace in the IR footage. No known earthly technology can produce supersonic speeds without a hot trail of jet exhaust, and the pilot reported that he never saw any exhaust (or wings or rotors of any kind), nor is any indicated in the footage. It's also a strange-looking shape, and it rotates weirdly in place. I've never seen a drone do that - military drones are just planes, and planes don't tumble forward 90 degrees while they're moving in a straight line. The pilot also reported that the object peeled away very suddenly. “'It accelerated like nothing I’ve ever seen,' he said in the interview. He was, he said, 'pretty weirded out.'”

The entire object also appears to be hot. I would love to know the temperature of that thing. If anybody can find that info on the video, please let us know.

“'I have no idea what I saw,' Commander Fravor replied to the pilot. 'It had no plumes, wings or rotors and outran our F-18s.'

But, he added, 'I want to fly one.'”

You and me both, buddy.

Last edited:
It's impressive that so many mainstream outlets are revealing the hidden U.S. program. I wonder if Delonge has anything to do with it?

This article in Politico quotes Elizondo and Mellon from the TTSAAS video, but also gives the reason why Harry Reid got involved: He loved the 2005 Skinwalker Ranch book by Colm Kelleher and George Knapp.

The Pentagon’s Secret Search for UFOs

Reid’s views on the subject were also shaped by a book about the Skinwalker Ranch, co-authored by his acquaintance George Knapp, the former congressional staffer said.

“When this was brought to Senator Reid he said, ‘There is enough here and I am obligated if this is a national security issue to invest some money in this,’” he explained. “Stevens and Inouye agreed with this.”

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1416505210/?tag=rockoids-20

But, in his view military leadership did not appear alarmed by the potential threat. "If a Russian 'Bear' bomber comes in near California, it is all over the news," he said. "These are coming in the skies over our facilities. Nothing but crickets."

Well if Don Phillips is on the up and up his claim says it all.

We have records from 1954 that were meetings between our own leaders of this country and ET s here in California. And, as I understand it from the written documentation, we were asked if we would allow them to be here and do research. I have read that our reply was, well, how can we stop you, you are so advanced? And, I will say by this camera and this sound, that it was President Eisenhower that had this meeting

I am. IMO—He's a grandstanding aspiring 'PT Barnum' who thinks he knows it all, but doesn't really have much of a clue... next question?
I'm taking a more circumspect position with the To The Stars Academy, for three reasons:

1.) It appears that Tom DeLonge is just a front man, like Roger Daltrey with The Who: he's not the real story here, but he's a crowd pleaser, and comfortable with public speaking. And although he seems to have a far too high assessment of his own knowledge of this subject, his enthusiasm strikes me as genuine. That goes a long way with me. This field is plagued with shyster con artists like "Dr. Jonathan Reed" and Andrew Basiago, so somebody like DeLonge who seems to be earnestly driven to find answers is a pleasant respite from all that.

2.) The people he's surrounded himself with are interesting, appear to be intelligent, have intriguing credentials, and also seem to be sincere. In my mind, they're the real story here - the Pete Townsend's of the band. I want to give them a chance - hear what they have to say, and see what they do with their project. I don't see any reason to vilify them before they even get started.

3.) Their stated goal of understanding the physics of these exotic aerial devices aligns with my own goals perfectly. Even a technologically foreseeable theoretical proposal for replicating the observed performance characteristics of these devices would, in my view, shift public perception of this phenomenon dramatically. And therefore, open the door to a new era of credible scientific research and development on this subject. I'd also like to see if they'd get behind projects like your SLV Camera Project - they just raised a significant sum of money, and projects like yours could be just the kind of thing they'd like to support.

It's easy to rag on them for including entertainment in their organizational structure, but frankly I think that's foolish: if they can make profits by creating television and film projects, and use those profits to fund serious scientific efforts, then that's a viable financial system. And that money gets spread around; I think it's a good thing when serious researchers like you and Kevin Randle and some others get paid for appearances, because there's just not enough money in selling books.

In fact this story was the first in many years to broach the topic of ufology in a serious way within the mainstream press. That's a minor miracle. If that's indicative of the influence that To The Stars Academy is going to have in this field, then goddamn hallelujah is all I have to say about it.

Well get Mr Tom De Longe on the Paracast Show of course in the After the Paracast:D
Honestly, I think that anyone else on the board would be a better option. Luis Elizondo has already posted here, and he seems like a sincere and amiable guy, and he was basically our (US) version of Nick Pope - god only knows what kind of fascinating material he's sitting on. And the guy from Lockheed looks like a walking brain - I bet he's got some interesting things to say. We already know what Tom DeLonge has to say, and it's a mixed bag at best. I say: give the other folks a mic and let's hear all of the stuff that we haven't heard yet.

Last edited:
Back