• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 1, 2015 — Burnt State

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
One of our most prolific and favorite forum posters, Burnt State, demonstrated that his great talents at communication are not confined to the written word in this freewheeling episode.

Comments are welcomed.

Hahahaha... love "the handle" reasoning! You sound great BrntSt.

Gene/Chris you can always call me out on Paracast if you want to make an example out of me for any! reason. It never bothered me that I was chided before for my Skinwalker antics. I deserved it. Just don't release my location... the MIB exist. Ooops, sorry Burnt State, when you gave out those Google coordinates! Bam!

Outside the USA, and the NSA has you in their sites. "Punk." [Unreal, but freaky true.] It's normal to be paranoid considering Utah's giant Matrix complex. That's a freak show.

Very funny about your 3 year old and the Easter Bunny. Ahhh, I bet she's very smart too!

OMG, Ouiga boarding on someone's grave!!! You are tampering with the holographic amplifications! Unreal. Scarey! That's over the top, dude...

Last edited:
The problem occurred do to a glitch in the recording process, since addressed. We normally have up to several connections on a Skype group call, and my part comes through an external mic mixer. We were using a new version of Audio Hijack, a program that sorts out all sorts of complexities of this sort and can separate feeds in many ways. I doubt that it should happen again; it was one of those things, and I set up our session template in a way that we can monitor the recording process better.

Chris, sorry my post seemed confusing & could not be condensed concisely. Burnt State could have read the posts though, since I let him know ahead of time.

Let me try again:

The Space Time Continuum "connection" just means where we are within that continuum. We're locked into the existing Jungian collective unconscious [using psychological terms] where we are at this moment in time and history. This spreads out over our lifetime obviously, so we are shaped sociologically by the current culture and its history. The 'now' moment is our point of connection and that is where we pick-up the holographic "information" that is strongest. From our current POV. Now, now, now... so that is the signal that amplifies the most to connect to "the other". This so called outside intelligence emanating everywhere.

We "attract" or "tune" the information that we are thinking about and focusing on, for example, BrntSt was very focused on UFO's before this experience. At 10yo he was devouring many books about UFO's, therefore his Holographic "signal" was amplified into "the other" that then can reflect back or allow us to tune into the information we're seeking. IF the intensity is strong enough, especially at a young age, then the return signal can be highly amplified back into us too. Because we can penetrate further into that holographic information, we clear-out the White Noise and get a strong signal return. In this case, it was BrntSt that attracted this Holographic information to where he was. It cannot appear without him providing that unconscious focus that was also focused intensely on the conscious side too.

Because other people might be present in that exact space time continuum, they might see the return signal too. It would have been fascinating to know whether or not the same objects were seen with the same details. They were holographic receivers too, so it did not matter whether they initialized the requested UFO information. It came back to you, so they could see it too.

The return signal is highly dependent on our current collective unconscious space time continuum that is its culture, history, and sociology. That's why it returns a different contextual result, fairies or elves, for example, that is focused and seems so specialized for the period of history and unique to the individual too.

There is a two-way communication taking place, but this holographic connection is on the unconscious and/or non-verbal and/or right side of our brain for its connectivity. It could also just be a reflection back from "the collective" that is not necessarily intelligent too. Our minds might be doing all the tuning to make it happen. I honestly think DARPA, and other scientists have already been working on these concepts for decades. Remote viewing is probably part of that holographic concept that the government was studying in the 1980's or beforehand too.

Because of the nuke probes using UFO's at night and with the cattle dissections, I think it is still possible you might have been the subject of a Human experiment too. I think the odds are much lower, but still possible. A human UFO can be dangled down from a high-above platform to move silently in the dark. It can be powered that way too. It can be fully stabilized by gyroscopic technique, so it moves along quietly with stability and no wobble too. It could be elevated at high speed silently and appear to disappear high above at nighttime. The military was using just these kinds of UFO's to probe the nuclear weapons sites according to Vallee. That's a fact he believes in. Vallee said he documented this for the time period in the 1970's to the 1990's that he is aware of.

It could be very easy to fool a 10yo boy at night, IF it was the military. But in your case, I'm leaning against this being the military. It was you that was focusing intensely on UFO's, and I think the holographic information manifested it for you.

So, for a further out of the box idea, could Jesus have performed certain "miracles", because that was his space time continuum and historical context? It seems possible to me too. Btw, I'm not pushing Christianity or religion or God but if we accept the idea of fairies and elves and UFO's, then can we exclude religious "miracles" too???

We can't just draw the line at UFO's. Thoughts? Comments?

Is this just a bunch of babbling noise??? :D

Last edited:
Enjoying the show and I'll say again something I've said before and that is that to my knowledge, other popular paranormal shows don't tend to bring on their forum members as guests while The Paracast has being doing it for years. Burnt State is a supremely articulate individual with a very balanced mind - in fact, just the exact make up of enough scepticism along with an open mind that is to be found in many Paracast guests. You can compare this of course with other shows which too often feature those who have no scepticism at all and who tend to believe even 3rd and 4th hand information and take it at face value.

Robert (Burnt) has given his experiences a lot of deep thinking and it is great to hear how he is self-critical and able to question himself and his experiences. I am really proud to be a member of this forum community and it is fair in a sense to judge people by the company they keep. We keep Burnt State!

To be a student and have Robert as a teacher is a very lucky and privileged position to be in.

@Burnt - When at the graveyard and the fireman arrived - do you think you were experiencing what UK paranormal author Jenny Randles called 'The Oz Factor'?
Also, many people believe that when 'contacting' a little girl via ouija board, often you are often contacting a demonic entity, that demons often impersonate innocent children to draw people in. What do you think about this idea?

Last edited:
Vallee notwithstanding, if something produces physical effects, it has to be physical.
The only qualification Vallée would make is that at that moment it is a solid object.

The Physical vs. The Immaterial may be a limited paradigm as far as states of matter & energy goes. What our evidence and tests have produced via our own sensory systems, and the physics that they have evolved may be only part of a grander picture. I'm not one for the Akashic records, the Ether or demonic aliens but this Phenomen(a)on is more than just observable physical reality. It is intertwined with us in other ways, including the capacity to affect our consciousness. It does not appear to be an either/or event but something that actually challenges many of our existing social and scientific paradigms.

The only qualification Vallée would make is that at that moment it is a solid object.
Vallee's trace evidence artifacts are very few and not exotic, when he responded in a recent interview. I know one of his samples was literally poured out of the UFO onto the ground as molten aluminum. No sample has been too exotic or ET-like "off planet" that I'm aware of. I'm certain Vallee would have mentioned that.

This lends evidence that the phenomena is localized. Hard evidence from Holograms[?] "bright light" transformations into UFO's can drop an evidence pellet or do all kinds of ground impressions from behind it's image projection. Could be Human caused or ???

Burnt, you say you are not one for the Akashic records or the Ether. Do I take it you do not believe in the existence of Soul?

BurntSt, you mentioned you love to cook, AND you have gathered a lot of recipes too! Please, can you share some recipes on a new thread? :)

You did write:
Yes, it's an issue. We need a recipe thread.
Here's one you did share:

My favourite way to use excess tomatoes by way of a nice simple vegetarian Mexican cookbook: Toasted Garlic Soup

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil (use less if you like)
1 whole head of garlic, cloves peeled separatated and coarsest chopped
1/2 a baguette or other length of slim crusty bread cut cross wise 1/4 inch thick
2 ancho chiles steamed, seeded and coarsest chopped = 1 oz (or you can just add some chili sauce, tabasco etc. to your taste)
4 medium tomatoes coarseely chopped into half inch chunks = 1 lb (you are supposed to peel and seed them to be pro but it takes way too long for me)
7 cups vegetable stock (or light broth of choice)
3/4 teaspoon salt (or less to taste)
1/2 cup thickened cream/sour cream if you're good with that kind of diet - I skip that part.

Fry garlic in the olive oil on high heat until a little crispy & golden. Remove garlic and transfer to plate. Fry up bread slices in oil and then set aside.

Place tomatoes, garlic broth, salt and chilli into the pot and cook it up for twenty minutes (I like to get the handblender in there for a bit afterwards but you can purée or not). Top soup with of some your crusty fried bread and a small dollop of cream or not - delish! A great way to combine the recent harvests of garlic and tomotoes.

I always like recipes that combine garden harvests as they ripen i.e. apricots and blackberries - make a jam out of that to go to heaven for a bit.

The only qualification Vallée would make is that at that moment it is a solid object. The Physical vs. The Immaterial may be a limited paradigm as far as states of matter & energy goes...It does not appear to be an either/or event but something that actually challenges many of our existing social and scientific paradigms.
It should be obvious that there is some sort of mechanism that becomes manifest. Inexplicably, it is triggered to ebb and flow within the culture. Is this by design? Is this the result of thermostatic-like control mechanism, or something more complicated? One could argue that either/or phenomena appear to manifest in a screen-like/holographic fashion— like a window opening into another aspect of reality that is somehow connected to our 3D paradigm. An event appears from out of nowhere—manifests, and it's gone. If we are lucky someone is there to hear the tree fall in the forest and document the event effectively.

BurntSt brought up the idea that some have suggested Rndl-Bentwaters may have been done by some holographic technique testing the security of the people there??? I have never heard that before at Rndl-Btw?

If you listen to the two main witness security guards directly, no filters, at the Disclosure Hearings, under oath, both of them said they were not saying these were ET Alien craft. The guy that went up and saw it said it might have been some craft of human origin.

Vallee has directly said Rndl-Btw is a Human-UFO security probe, one, among many others that were done for 30 years that he is aware of.

Comments?

Last edited:
@Burnt - When at the graveyard and the fireman arrived - do you think you were experiencing what UK paranormal author Jenny Randles called 'The Oz Factor'?
Also, many people believe that when 'contacting' a little girl via ouija board, often you are often contacting a demonic entity, that demons often impersonate innocent children to draw people in. What do you think about this idea?
Goggs, thanks for saying all that nice stuff up above. You know the first time I heard a forum member online was hearing you on an episode and was taken both by the very slick accent and your keen insights and questions, so I look forward to hearing you on more future episodes!

Re: Ouija Oz Factor
At the time it really felt like that, as if we were in our own zone that was broken by the fireman's appearance. To get to us he would have to open a clanging gate which we didn't hear, but even more startling was the sudden light and sound of the fire and the many people in the woods fighting that fire that we had been oblivious to. Now to take things two steps further, the graveyard we were in, at least the portion we were in, is primarily made up of graves of children and nuns who were burned alive in a very tragic residential school fire many decades ago. Plus our original Ouija also claimed that her dad burnt them all down in a fire - interesting isn't it? But whatever haze or fog we were operating in, when the fire dude showed up it really was like a switch had been thrown and we were back in the real world. We were at a loss to explain how it was we hadn't noticed any of the activity going on around us.

Re: little girl Ouija demon
I know, it's such a trope, and for us it was our first major contact, or at least embodiment of that contact. For me, in retrospect, I see the little girl Ouija come demon, is something manifested by the group collective. Just as with the Conjuring Philip experiment I see this as something our group made, from start to finish. We fashioned her as a poor little ghost girl perhaps because that's the first thing that comes to mind when you are wanting a friendly spirit contact, and as horror movies go, don't they always turn evil? I feel like a lot of what happened we scripted ourselves without really knowing. Frequently people ouijaing would report that it felt like the Ouija could read their mind, and really it could, because it was our own mind revealing intimate info through a collaborative group writing experiment, using the planchette as pen.

Advice to all: don't Ouija on top of graves - bad stuff happens and it's very disrespectful. I can't believe some of the stuff I did as a teen that I would never do now. I blame it all on teenage brain chemistry. Curse you amygdala!

Burnt, you say you are not one for the Akashic records or the Ether. Do I take it you do not believe in the existence of Soul?
That's a loaded question, from religious to more ethereal perspectives. I tend to think that a lot of constructions we have made about reality and ourselves serve as important metaphors for sociological purposes. The idea of a soul and the care of a soul implies the care and concern we have for our better nature, that rare essence that is distilled 'us', and is a reminder of our universal humanity. Such notions have great value in my mind, as they give us reasons to elevate the way we see ourselves and others. So I favour the notion that we are not dogs, not cursed scoundrels scratching at the earth but something divine and miraculous. Existentialism can get pretty cold on occasion; however, I still do not read Chicken Soup for the Soul on principle. We should find these things on our own.

So do we spend time before birth floating about in the 'soul ether' in a non-local consciousness soup? I suppose such things could be possible, but I tend not to use that lens as a means to understand paranormal events and experiences. I do see how it could explain a lot though.

Burnt State you made an excellent guest on the Paracast. You were well spoken, very easy to listen to, and very informative. I liked the combination of personal information and knowledge from what you have studied.WELL DONE!
Gene
and Chris, thank you for having Burnt State on the Paracast. I would like to second something that Goggs Mackay said "Enjoying the show and I'll say again something I've said before and that is that to my knowledge, other popular paranormal shows don't tend to bring on their forum members as guests while The Paracast has being doing it for years." Your best shows include those with forum members.

BurntSt, I was reading about your abduction example. I must tell you I totally lost any confidence in this story, when I read these two items:

1) Nevertheless, the creatures insisted he accept it, informing him that he was to give the sphere to a man of whose name he had never heard before, noted American scientist and UFO researcher DR. J. ALLEN HYNEK. Zanfretta, for reasons only clear to him, claims that instead of giving this prize to the now deceased Hynek, he hid the object somewhere in the hills near Genoa.

AND, also...

2) Against all odds, Zanfretta managed to vanish yet again on August 13, 1980. But this time, he was under close observation and was found before the aliens could contact him. This was the end of his ordeal...at least until recently, when the now long retired security guard claimed the extraterrestrials reinitiated contact. To what end remains to be seen.

Imo, it seems over time this story is delusional and grandiose, because the abductions just go on and on 6-7 times and now decades later "contact again" ? This is past the point of incredulity. Also, the aliens are telling him to give something to Hynek...??? Are you serious??? The friggin Aliens can deliver that themselves!!! It's essentially insane. That screams hoax.

So, he certainly had a break with reality several times. Please note how The Military is involved along the way too! Very suspect.

Footprints can be faked, imprints of landing craft can be faked, heating a car is weird, but it can be done by the car heater, microwave [military], or other means. Could he have been attacked and had a DMT-like event in the middle of the night??? Yes, it's possible. He was investigating a break-in too, so he was lured in or surprised his attackers. Being knocked-out can really screw-up one's memory of what really happened. He probably believed it did happen, but he was alone. He could be the victim of an elaborate hoax too. He was attacked possibly by four people; he saw 4 flashlights. It could be a human in a "Bigfoot" Alien disguise for all we know. Green seems Syfy-ish from that era too.

We don't know the exact details about the heat. There's nothing more than what someone said they said by reporters??? Maybe there are police reports? The military can do just about anything at night if there's some involvement from them. Has he been making money about it?

I don't pretend to know any answers, I don't, but I just can't believe with one and two above.

Last edited:
BurntSt, I was reading about your abduction example. I must tell you I totally lost any confidence in this story, when I read these two items:

1) Nevertheless, the creatures insisted he accept it, informing him that he was to give the sphere to a man of whose name he had never heard before, noted American scientist and UFO researcher DR. J. ALLEN HYNEK. Zanfretta, for reasons only clear to him, claims that instead of giving this prize to the now deceased Hynek, he hid the object somewhere in the hills near Genoa.
I understand your position, as that's exactly the kind of approach I would usually take to discounting a narrative as hoax or delusion. But I've taken a turn closer to Bishop's kind of reasoning that allows for other possibilities to be at work. It's not discounting a story like this that should be the main objective, but probing it to see what it offers in terms of validity and effects regarding Vallée's tripartite approach to examining the phenomenon. Now that the book on these events is in English, maybe it can be better evaluated: THE ZANFRETTA CASE - Chronicle of an Incredible True Story: The Most Documented Alien Abduction in the World (2014) | Rino Di Stefano

This is not the first time an 'alien' has supplied a name, supposedly unknown to the experiencer, who is a UFO investigator. Chris Rutkowski has recorded the same experience where he was also identified by name by the 'aliens' so the contactee would know where to go. In his case it was a schizophrenic event, so possibly the person having these experiences may in fact have buried previously accessed real world knowledge in their mind forgotten during their very profound schizoidal, alien contact events?

But then again, I think that there is also an argument to be made about life in the 'space time continuum' that you have referenced frequently. Such experiences that put us in contact with the hallucinogenic/holographic 'continuum' may in fact provide us access to unique information, or so the traditional alien contact experience goes. Consequences of such contact may develop into full blown schizophrenic episodes. It's a chicken & egg scenario IMHO if you're willing to be a little more creative regarding the potential of schizophrenic, a.k.a. altered mind experiences.
2) Against all odds, Zanfretta managed to vanish yet again on August 13, 1980. But this time, he was under close observation and was found before the aliens could contact him. This was the end of his ordeal...at least until recently, when the now long retired security guard claimed the extraterrestrials reinitiated contact. To what end remains to be seen.

Imo, it seems over time this story is delusional and grandiose, because the abductions just go on and ...
If in fact people who have had genuine alien contact, whatever that may mean or imply, it is not uncommon at all for them to continue to have such experiences & to feel like they are being revisited. This happens again and again; even the Pascagoula event sees this type of repetition of the event or new shifts and ways of thinking about the original event by the witness. I used to think that such things confirm a hoax, but now i think differently. We can certainly choose to discount the original event because of what we perceive to be more recent confabulations, but we may do so at the peril of throwing out the door a really well documented original case.

This case is truly grandiose, and of all the abduction reports it's the only one that seems to have some highly fascinating corroborating elements, witnesses and trace evidence. An elaborate military event? MILAB operating in Italy? I don't know - that seems even more of a stretch. Until I read Di Stefano's book I still see this as the most fascinating abduction case in the literature - too many rich details & extra witnesses, too many life and death sequences, including even one death. While the grandiosity is startling, it does not negate the case, but only points to how wildly incredible the effects of alien contact can be. Let's face it - it's a distorted mental space, and I can accept how this may distort the lives of those involved following their first contact.

Zanfretta repeatedly has demonstrated how he wanted nothing to do with aliens, has not wanted to leave his family etc.; he appears beside himself with misery, and embarrassment in his community followed. There was no cash, no hollywood movie, nothing really close to Travis Walton fame, that I know of. Who would continue to belabor something so awkward, strange and alienating if not real?

Last edited:
P.S. @DissectionStalker
showimage.aspx

A Recipe for Disaster

Mix too many hours of alien obsession
in a debunked batter of trace evidence.
Blend with YouTube videos and fake alien artifacts.
Take out this sticky goo which should have the same
consistency as the gunk around alien implants.
Roll into saucer shapes and deep fry your brain.

Serve with faerie liquor while listening to late night number station broadcasts.
Warning, trying this recipe more than once a decade may diminish common sense and open your third eye permanently.

Last edited:
Back