• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Enough with the crystal skulls already/ June 27

Enough with the crystal skulls already

Oh yeah! Personally i think Christopher O'Brien should be chained to a tree and flogged with a cat o' nine sceptics until the flesh falls from his back. Then his critics can rush in and rub some colloidal silver into his wounds, leaving him there for the thunderbirds to pick at his carcass before the greys from uranus core out his anus and remove his sex organs so as they can enjoy some earthly sweetmeats with their space brothers the Pleiadeans.
Damn dude, writing a screenplay, or what? lol(?)

Personally i think Christopher O'Brien should be chained to a tree and flogged with a cat o' nine sceptics until the flesh falls from his back. Then his critics can rush in and rub some colloidal silver into his wounds, leaving him there for the thunderbirds to pick at his carcass before the greys from uranus core out his anus and remove his sex organs so as they can enjoy some earthly sweetmeats with their space brothers the Pleiadeans.

I would love to do that to my congressman...

I would love to do that to my congressman...
I hear ya!:)

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Damn dude, writing a screenplay, or what? lol(?)
Lol. With the melodrama that these shows create on the forums you could write a screenplay around them. Indeed i am actively trying to get this here thread up and above 24 pages for that very reason.:)

So we should never comment? C'mon guys. Anytime a comment is made about the validity of a guest's research a few of you get all up in arms. His research should stand up to scrutiny and if he so confident about it, he should be able to subject it to actual scientific research.
Can we all agree that the Rosicrucian order has a reason for making these skulls out more than they appear? The guest's reaction to doing a double blind test clearly shows he's not interested in real science. If I haven't been clear in my previous posts, I'll spell it out so that some of you can complain - He is not a scientist - he is a pseudo-scientist. If you want to call him a scientist, congratulations, you've created your own category of science - the same place that homeopathy and astrology come from - those guys are full of horseshit as well. Commence complaining!

So we should never comment? C'mon guys. Anytime a comment is made about the validity of a guest's research a few of you get all up in arms. His research should stand up to scrutiny and if he so confident about it, he should be able to subject it to actual scientific research.
Can we all agree that the Rosicrucian order has a reason for making these skulls out more than they appear? The guest's reaction to doing a double blind test clearly shows he's not interested in real science. If I haven't been clear in my previous posts, I'll spell it out so that some of you can complain - He is not a scientist - he is a pseudo-scientist. If you want to call him a scientist, congratulations, you've created your own category of science - the same place that homeopathy and astrology come from - those guys are full of horseshit as well. Commence complaining!
I have heard that Horseshit when combined with equal parts piss and vinegar makes a great homeopathic remedy for pseudo-scientism and can reduce complaining by a whopping 50%. In fact i had some just before my previous post.

I have heard that Horseshit when combined with equal parts piss and vinegar makes a great homeopathic remedy for pseudo-scientism and can reduce complaining by a whopping 50%. In fact i had some just before my previous post.

See. It didn't work for you. I told you homeopathy is worthless.
Thanks for keeping things light Phil and making me laugh. It's important that we can at least do that even when we disagree.

Homeopathy is not worthless. It's worth quite a bit to the charlatans and shysters that make money of off it.

Yes, that makes sense. People like to think of them as the little guy even though they make billions of dollars selling what is essentially water and sugar pills.

So you are saying there are modern day conspiracy theories that have been proven true? but..but...

Oh pixelsmith, it's so easy to get you worked up, it's almost sad. Face it, you know what I mean when I say "conspiracy theory," so stop wasting your internet breath.

Now, bring your childishness to the thread that prompted your response, and let this thread continue on about crystal skulls.

Crystal skulls are really interesting, just not in the way these crystal huggers want them to be. Still, I'm glad that Gene and Chris have done these shows, for the same reason that I listen to all of the Paracast shows I suppose.

That reason is basically, I want to believe. The only problem is that for the most part, I'm afraid I don't.

Keep up the good work guys, maybe one week we'll get the signal in all this noise.

p.s love the new logo :)

Two shows in the last month or so on crystal skulls has left me pondering my navel for unremitting hours on end. Sorry guys, I just don't get the fascination for this peculiar form of Mesoamerican art. Why is it, too, that every time we are faced with a fabrication process from the past that we don't have a good handle on that somebody is always ready to raise a hand and say, "It must be Alien technology!" Why the leap to the most unusual of explanations when the ready explanation is not at our fingertips? These episodes devoted to profoundly illogical thought process make me wish for more of the better episodes. I know you can deliver, Gene and Chris -- because you do from time to time!

I have a great backlog of episodes that I am listening to at work, and have just come to your May 29th ep. on this subject.

Rather than cluttering the boards with another new thread, I thought it might be prudent just to tack a couple of thoughts onto this one of a similar / same topic. Sorry it's a bit out of date.

First, off topic -- but same episode -- I have a comment regarding the introductional comments regarding the Rapture. That being: New Zealand, not Australia, is first to change over to any given day. The East coast of Australia is two hours behind!! But I suppose the distinction doesn't mean alot to all of you up there in "Canada or whatever". :rolleyes:

Slightly more on topic:

I am so far halfway through said episode (intending to listen to the second half tomorrow at work but now I want to watch Star Trek instead.) And it is the first time I have even heard of "Crystal Skulls" or what they are -- so I freely admit I am very much a newcomer to this subject.

But I was thinking. Your guest mentioned something about Energy Fields, and also about experiences associated with the Crystal Skulls, particularly older ones -- and of feeling / sensing a "presence" on some encounters with Skulls. I am sure you know of the experimental evidence that certain wavelengths of electromagnetism can induce similar experiences, as described, including in the laboratory.

Now I'm not sure how much I believe of the accounts regarding Crystal Skulls. ok... Skeptical. But I'm wondering if there may be possibly some connection between this phenomenon and that which has been replicated in laboratory experiments with EM fields.

Thoughts?

Where is the source of energy for this EM field supposed to be? Have these crysral skulls an Energizer alkaline battery inside?

Where is the source of energy for this EM field supposed to be? Have these crysral skulls an Energizer alkaline battery inside?

Yes, they take AA batteries. However, every time the skull induces the formation of a crop circle, you have to change out the batteries.

Isn't there some kind of effect where pressure applied to crystals produces some small amount of electrical charge or something of the sort?

Thus, my idea of energy source for said field would be someone having the crystal skull in a headlock.

That out of the way and Crystal Skulls aside, the electromagnetism producing the feeling of a presence is a rather fascinating line of study.

No. Of course not. It's Duracell!

:p:p:p

I can't remember if I mentioned -- I don't necessarily believe in this whole "energy transference" quartz power thing. But it did remind me a lot of these other experiments, and I was curious about what people thought.

Back