• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Enough with the crystal skulls already/ June 27

Enough with the crystal skulls already

I had a hard time listening to the show, partly because it sounded like Mehler's mike was underwater, and partly because he was so "woo-woo land" ( thanks to Gene for turning me onto that one ), that I found myself unconsciously shaking my head and accidentally closed the media player. I actually had to restart the MP3 and force myself to listen to the end of the interview. In fact I think Chris's sound effect at about 2:21:54 remaining was the highlight of the show. These skulls are about as useful as computers or memory modules as bowling balls. In fact bowling balls actually have more:

USB Bowling Ball:

bowling_ball_1.jpg

Even Dan Ackroyd's Crystal Head Vodka bottle has more actual usefulness. Not only can you drink the vodka in it, you can make a bong out of it ... I'd like to see one of these "sentives" take a few hits from this baby, and see what happens ...

j.r.

Crystal skulls are great... art work. That's pretty much it.

I can sit here and say my guitar has magic powers. But I'd be bullshitting you. Then again, it's a beautiful guitar. It's been with me since I was 9 years old, and it still plays and sounds great. But, in and of itself, it has no "powers". It's an inert instrument, requiring the talent of a musician to bring forth its sonic voice.

And therein is the answer. Some people certainly have "powers". They can do things that are amazing. We certainly don't understand how or why they have these powers, and there's still even debate over whether they exist or not.

If you take these gifted people, and just give them a stick, they might be able to do all kinds of things with it. Some call them magic wands...
12_3_2007_magic_wand.jpg

Now, I could put that wand into your hand, and you could wave it all over the place and say "abracadabra"... and would magic happen?

Maybe, maybe not.

The energy thing is funny. Thousands of years have passed and we still can't figure the energy thing out.

This video is funny. She sounds like a character in one of the Harry Potter movies.

It's when you read the comments that your heart sinks, and you realize, this is all a giant pile of horse hockey.

"wow. I feel close to these skulls. I wish I had one, but they belong to know one really. I feel like there Earth. Know idea what that means."

MyShae22 1 month ago

I'm sold! I'm sold! I am ordering 666 genuine crystal skulls for my bathroom! 666 is one of several special resonant numbers, I'm told. I'm gonna have all 666 skulls face the toilet so I can feel resonant harmony and commune when 'nature calls'.
Does anyone have instructions how you can make a bong out of one of these things?

For a subject nobody cares about, there's sure a lot of interest. We've also had a tremendous download count for Sunday's episode, at least so far.

But we're on to other pursuits.

I think people care because it's pretty ridiculous. Also, the fact that the guest fancies himself a scientist is also part of the interest - Like I said in my first post, it's schadenfreude.

For a subject nobody cares about, there's sure a lot of interest. We've also had a tremendous download count for Sunday's episode, at least so far.But we're on to other pursuits.
It isn't interest. It's open mouthed amazement that another awful, insane guest got on just a couple of weeks after another talking about the same ridiculous subject.The only reason the last thread went 24 pages was people complaining about the guest & subject matter and Chris arguing with them. When the crowd is making more noise than you've heard before make sure it's not booing before you get excited and do it again.I read & enjoyed both of Chris's books on the SLV in the nineties and I have to say he didn't come across in print like he's coming across on the air and in the forum.

awhile back i recommended a friend of mine be on the paracast but no one was interested. his dad was in charge of the editing of Project Blue Book. He talks of his dad working in a faraday cage, etc... he also had a spectacular aerial encounter with his flight instructor while doing military flight training, but....i guess man made rock skulls are a more interesting subject for the paracast.

awhile back i recommended a friend of mine be on the paracast but no one was interested. his dad was in charge of the editing of Project Blue Book. He talks of his dad working in a faraday cage, etc... he also had a spectacular aerial encounter with his flight instructor while doing military flight training, but....i guess man made rock skulls are a more interesting subject for the paracast.

I honestly don't remember this request. Send me a private email (you know the address), and we'll work on it. I AM interested.

It isn't interest. It's open mouthed amazement that another awful, insane guest got on just a couple of weeks after another talking about the same ridiculous subject.The only reason the last thread went 24 pages was people complaining about the guest & subject matter and Chris arguing with them. When the crowd is making more noise than you've heard before make sure it's not booing before you get excited and do it again.I read & enjoyed both of Chris's books on the SLV in the nineties and I have to say he didn't come across in print like he's coming across on the air and in the forum.
I didn't get involved in the Shapiro thread until the last couple-three pages, so don't blame the length of the thread on me. As far as your opinion of me, whatever. You know what they say "opinions are like a**holes--everybody has one." It's easy to throw out potshots when you are anonymous. I am open-minded but skeptical about most things paranormal, but I'm also a host on a popular radio show and part of my job is to bring on interesting guests who I think have done good research. I have known Stephen for over 15 years and he is a dedicated researcher and scientist. Most of his work involves studying ancient cultures. Oh BTW: We absolutely won't tolerate our guests (no matter what you think of them) to be called "insane." You are now on notice.

Besides, even though I don't necessarily agree with him, Mehler and I were born in the same hospital; he's two days older. So it does make me inclined to feel warm and fuzzy about all of it.

The key here is to look at the issues, not the personalities, and if you don't think Mehler made his case, or have more questions, we're happy to read them. Keep the posts coming.

I sent it to you during the last time I was banned. I will contact him again and see if he is still interested.

I think people care because it's pretty ridiculous.

Yep, the mention of crystal skulls catches peoples attention and certainly does not mean the episode was great. I still believe the show should cover this kind of stuff though, its nice to get away from UFOs once and a while...even if it is crystal skulls talking to people through telepathy and...oh nevermind.

I think that Crystal skulls are really very powerful magic, given to us by our ancient Alien friends. I think that their power should replace religion, especially Christianity and all the other primitive belief systems out there.

Let's face it folks, with the Skulls I can get in tune with my CHI and dance around like a happy leprechaun, thumbing my hand up to the skies and screaming out how wonderful it is to finally have a physical object which reminds me that I'm not alone in the Universe....

That somewhere out there has found a special gift, a savior sent to us by the ones who look like this:

Aliens-001.jpg

aaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh I'm loving this one. You just can't pay enough for this.

Just listened to the show, and I must say if this is the 'scientific' approach to a mystery, then we are open to attacks from all aspects of the scientific community! I fail to see why these skulls install such beliefs in people, do Egyptian Canopus jars, or sarcophagus's bring so called 'sensitives' flocking to them.. Of course not! Please, a more rational approach to a subject which seems purely archaeological, rather than paranormal .

I didn't get involved in the Shapiro thread until the last couple-three pages, so don't blame the length of the thread on me. As far as your opinion of me, whatever. You know what they say "opinions are like a**holes--everybody has one." It's easy to throw out potshots when you are anonymous. I am open-minded but skeptical about most things paranormal, but I'm also a host on a popular radio show and part of my job is to bring on interesting guests who I think have done good research. I have known Stephen for over 15 years and he is a dedicated researcher and scientist. Most of his work involves studying ancient cultures. Oh BTW: We absolutely won't tolerate our guests (no matter what you think of them) to be called "insane." You are now on notice.

Warning accepted. I'll withdraw voluntarily. I said nothing for months because I figured it would fix itself once you ran out of new age friends.
Even a show about the Coso geode would be more fun. At least it seems truly mysterious at first look. There is plenty of stuff out there that deserves scrutiny that make great radio.

This hokey new age BS is incredibly boring, and we can get plenty of that from George Noory. Keeerist, from the ayahuasca-tripping dude, to this magic rock crap along with all the Orgone stuff I can smell the patchouli & sage coming out of my headphones, and my Droid display is flashing a blacklight strobe and fractals. I started listening to this show because of the lack of tolerance for total froot-loops, and now it seems they are on three out of four weeks. It's achingly dull. It makes me feel like I'm being beaten with the stupid stick.

The research your friend is doing isn't research at all, and his AMORC Rosicrucian order is a mail-order religious scam on par with Scientology but less successful. You know why his "credentials" were not recognized? Because he doesn't have any credentials at all in the subjects he purports to research. He believes in talking rocks, and he believes what people who say they talk to rocks say to him. Fine, he's not insane. My apology. And neither is the guy I see on the corner screaming at giant grasshoppers only he can see and shadowboxing. If this is the direction the show is going I'm giving up on it. These are the things I tuned into the Paracast to avoid.

I hope Don can get his gear back up. :/

Despite the issues with AMORC, Mehler does have real degrees and some real credentials. That doesn't mean you should support what he has concluded about crystal skulls, but this appears to be as scientific as it gets for better or worse.

If we restricted ourselves to guests that meet any individual's perfect litmus test, we'd have no guests. The outright cranks aren't allowed, but there are going to be guests that some find not as credible as they like. At the same time, our questions will paint a proper picture of what they're all about, and you can decide what to conclude.

Do we know for sure that he even has the degrees he claims he has?
Well, we don't research everyone's claimed degrees, but if you have concerns/qualms, indulge yourself. But remember, a degree only means that the person passed all the exams, and got the thesis OKayed. It doesn't promise brilliance. :)

Back