• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ed Komarek episode

This guy believes everything! I think my seven year old is less gulible and has better discernment. That being said, I love this guy. To be honest I enjoy the crazies as much as I enjoy grounded scientific minded researchers. When he started yappin' about Alex Jones, I started crying. Great Episode Boys!!!

I actually think the term 'exopolitics' is ridiculous. There is no politics of the extra-terrestrial and there never will be unless an ET race publicly announces itself.

The whole idea is a fantasy conjured up by people like Ed and Michael Salla etc. If you don't have open discourse on a subject by those in the real world of politics, then how can you have something like 'exopolitics'?

Tell you what Steven Greer, go back to medicine and save up the money to do DNA testing on your 'alien'. If you ever get an interesting result, then come and tell us all. Until then it seems that everything out of your mouth is a cynical ploy to get money. You are a disgrace to the medical profession and you should probably stop using the titles 'Dr' or 'MD.'

Hooray, my account is active again.:D

Did it appear that Gene became more sympathetic when Ed veered over into the political? Not a complaint, but that's how it seemed to me.

I actually think the term 'exopolitics' is ridiculous. There is no politics of the extra-terrestrial and there never will be unless an ET race publicly announces itself.

The whole idea is a fantasy conjured up by people like Ed and Michael Salla etc. If you don't have open discourse on a subject by those in the real world of politics, then how can you have something like 'exopolitics'?

I don't think there is any potential for contact until our civilization pushes against the controlled physical boundaries of another civilization. We don't yet have the required tokens to play RISK on a galactic scale LOL.

We currently barely control our airspace and should any alien space-faring civilization need something from this planet, our only effective deterrent are nukes. Which seem to have been effectively neutered (if Malmstrom AFB accounts are to be believed).

Man. Does this guy breathe at all? I mean, to keep on talking like that, one would think he should have a spare set of lungs. Or gills maybe...That's it! They are here, folks. And they use the Paracast to introduce themselves. The guy must be an amphibian.

He sure seems like a well meaning and nice guy. I admit I was lost before the episode even began, but when it came to the 'Bilderbergers' I was completely sucked into nothingness.
Still, to each his own.

I remember Ed from before and I was gonna listen to the episode tomorrow. Not so sure now, as nobody has much to say for him!

Anyway, exopolitics is a ridiculous concept. Might as well have easterbunnypolitics.

Personally, the saddest thing I find about the whole Exopolitics movement, is not how they vainly attempt to build a house of cards about unconfirmed rumors, quotes and anecdotes they heard, read or found on the Internet —what to them amounts to evidence— for which Gene & Chris rightfully took Ed to task.

No, the saddest part is that politicians in office build laws and policies in exactly the same way, based on nothing but unsubstantiated fears and hearsay. You just have to change 'Reticulans' for 'Iran', and 'Reptilians' for 'North Korea', and you end up with pretty much the same crap.

The only difference between the Ed Komareks of the world, and the Dick Cheneys, lies in leverage.

Good try Gene and Chris for attempting to get his evidence for any of this... I just don't think he'll get it. When your belief system is that the "new world order" is colluding with different ET factions battling it out on planet earth... well, you'll find a way to fit everything into it. It's the confirmation bias.
As to all of his errors, which were too many to count in my opinion:
1. the Vedas are thought to be 3-3.5 K years old. Not 10-15. The oldest known epic is the Enuma Elish which is thought to be 3.8K years old. Do some research.
2. evidence of ancient atomic warfare in India is thought to be a fake. Here's a good article on it: Evidence of nuclear explosion in ancient India ? « Twitscope
3. Nazi UFOs? Seriously? Why didn't they win the war? If the scientist that built them came over as part of paperclip why haven't they been operationalized in the past 70 years?
4. If the ET factions are fighting each other, why so close? We can already project beam weapons to intercept missiles from outer space... what are these guys, stupid? Or just like to fight up close and personal... and leave no wreckage for retrieval.
5. We can learn how evolution works on other worlds by studying ET reports? Doubtful. Even if they aren't post-biological, the reports would at least be anthropocentric and represent ETs that could come here and live in our environment.

Again, my biggest problem with exopolitics is that it looks for "the man" (government, scientific establishment, etc) to "disclose" what it already knows. In my opinion they don't know jack **** more than most of us do... just that there some high strangeness going down. Instead of looking for the gov'ment to tell you what it knows, spend your energy gathering your own data. Nobody can stop you from pointing a camera to the sky, interviewing witnesses, going to hotspots... gathering your own empirical evidence.

I mean at this point, even if Obama went on TV with a Zeta Reticulan, would you believe him?

I listened to this interview the entire way through ( skipping through the horrible adverts of course, including the one's by someone called Ted Anderson who sounds like he really needs to visit a doctor and get his sinus's checked out. Blow your fricken nose man! ) Bad adverts aside, I really enjoyed this episode, and it brought back memories of some of the very first editions of the show! Gene and Chris did a superb job reigning in good old Ed. Well handled and thoroughly entertaining!

Ed is a nice guy and he is trying to do the right thing.

I just have a different way of looking at things. UFOs could be interdimensional and we cant conclude they are from other planets.

And I wish he would stop mentioning Bill Knell

this. i understand why gene got frustrated but at times i felt like he was attacking a sweet old man :)
also, isnt reading FROM the book what we WANT them to do ? In most cases its just guys wanting to give a teaser.
the show was just bad. the guy obviously didnt know what he was in for and gene was constantly trying to go to the ads interrupting him

Classic show. His recitations of anonymous internet takes on the Vedas is a classic. The quality of the voice enhances it all, droning on and on... the guy who can't help but hog the mic... And cares not if anyone's listening. I can't believe Gene and Chris kept straight faces.
Classic comedy. Was that a sigh from the hosts during the "August, 1608" section?

I thought the Ed show was fantastic until I heard the Bill Knell episode. Done with great, uh, stage management, Gene and David...
You waited for him to relax before you showed your cards. Wow, the days when a con man didn't know about Google searches.
Great fun and of course Coast to Coast ain't doing it.... Some very interesting shows in
the archive, thanks.

Back