• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ed Komarek episode

brings to mind that photo of the two trench coated mibs holding hands with the little humanoid dude. anyone remember that photo?

You mean this one?

images

I couldn't help thinking that he couldn't understand the cryptoterrestrial alternative. He seemed to think that it was either ETH or nothing.

Maybe, but you can't deny that the meeting he put together at the National Press Club was one of the biggest forward strides in UFOlogy in, well, maybe decades.

A big forward stride right off a cliff maybe. Whether it was intentional or not, he took a bunch of legit witnesses and lumped them in with known hoaxers and bullshit artists, effectively tarnishing everyone's reputation in the eyes of everyone but the UFO faithful. His event at the National Press Club ultimately accomplished very little, sure he might have gotten some people who weren't interested in UFO's to take a look at the subject, but in the end, we're right back to where we started. No disclosure, no free energy devices, no congressional hearings, nothing. If anything, it was a textbook example of why mainstream science wants nothing to do with ufology, too many psychotic personalities, too much baggage and BS, not enough real evidence. That's my opinion anyway.

A big forward stride right off a cliff maybe. Whether it was intentional or not, he took a bunch of legit witnesses and lumped them in with known hoaxers and bullshit artists, effectively tarnishing everyone's reputation in the eyes of everyone but the UFO faithful. His event at the National Press Club ultimately accomplished very little, sure he might have gotten some people who weren't interested in UFO's to take a look at the subject, but in the end, we're right back to where we started. No disclosure, no free energy devices, no congressional hearings, nothing. If anything, it was a textbook example of why mainstream science wants nothing to do with ufology, too many psychotic personalities, too much baggage and BS, not enough real evidence. That's my opinion anyway.

Well yeah, it certainly didn't get very far when it comes to making a big impact on the general public, but just getting those legit witnesses together in one room and having them publicly tell their story was a big deal.

Not much really happens in UFOlogy anymore beyond reports of lights in the sky and continued investigation into Roswell and other such golden oldies. The 90s at least had some big cases--the Belgian Wave and the Phoenix Lights come to mind--but what has happened since the year 2000? The meeting at the NPC is about the only thing I can think of.

Oh my god, it's real! Look at the arms!!1:D

I have to wonder, if someone presented a legit photo would anyone actually keep an open mind about it or would even UFO types like us immediately assume it's a fake and dismiss it?

I have to wonder, if someone presented a legit photo would anyone actually keep an open mind about it or would even UFO types like us immediately assume it's a fake and dismiss it?

There's a very small part of me that wants to say I'd know the real deal if I was looking at it, but the reality is that in this day and age video and photo are so easy to fake that I doubt we'll ever see a piece of video or photographic evidence that becomes widely accepted proof of UFO or ET reality.

The caption reads 18 inch Extraterrestrial, however that is a pen along side it in the photo making it more like around 5 inches. It could easily be a deformed fetus. I think it has been obvious to many people that Greer has been a fraud for quite some time. He has managed to fool a great many people apparently and continues to do so. He has zero-point energy scams to go along with his learn to contact aliens tours. He appeals to the Hoodwinked and Fantasy Prone crowd who buy into modern day perpetual motion machines and reptilian overlords. There seems to be an incredible number of those people on youTube.

One word sums up this episode, and the one word is pitiful. Jim Moseley would have had a field day with this one…, next.

I love to listen to Ed because he's a true believer. Of everything.
As Joe Farrell has suggested, be careful how you react to statements by people like Hermann Oberth or even von Braun. Yes, Ed, these nice Nazis reportedly said that they had knowledge of recovered ET stuff and even "had help" from ET. But were they just lying, Ed? They were Nazis, for gosh sakes. Think about it. Ed, bless his heart, is almost as naive as I am. Tonight I'll listen to the second half of the Ed Komarek torture chamber episode.

Ugh, that qas painfully difficult. Kind of like driving past a bad car wreck, you swear youre not gonna slow down or look...but you do. Then totally live to regret it...

Good job Gene for hanging in there...

This forum is full of better people than I.​
Gene, Chris, I admire the both of you.​
When I accidentally give myself a nasty little paper cut while listening to this episode - and I'm grateful for the distraction - it's a bad sign.​
So.... I've made it a little more than halfway through. That's all I can manage in one sitting. I'm going to grab a Moose Drool Ale and call it a night. 'Nuff said.​

This one is kind of hard to get through for a couple reasons. For one, it's like people said with the reading and filibustery approach. At the same time though, he seems like he's in the field for a lot of right reasons and he seems compassionate about the subject. It also seems maybe radio isn't his strong point either. Some interesting listening in the midst there in any case.

Back