• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. Steven Greer --> Here we go ...

Since I am not Greer's personal butt boy (I suspect that position is well filled), I have no reason to defend him, and I think a heated exchange can be quite refreshing. I do not think it is possible to dent Greer. He is behind an impregnable force field, which many mega-ego-maniacs and self-proclaimed messiahs possess. I've known people like that on a lesser scale, and they simply do not hear you (or what you are saying) when you criticize. Since they KNOW THEY ARE RIGHT, criticism merely puts you into the realm of the ignorant, a peasant trying to bring down the King, or Queen (as the case may be for Greer).

The man is glib and slick enough to sell subprime adjustable mortgages and make a profit, even now! I am sure there are people who would still buy them from Greer, if he'd let them just get a quick feel of his flexed bicep ("Ooh, it's so big and so hard!"). I am sure nothing Dave did has effected Greer in any way. Like George Bush (another person with the same personality type), bad news is just untruthful news or distortion. War going badly? Liberal bias. Financial meltdown? Liberal bias. Global Weather Change? Liberal bias. Blah, blah, blah.

He's using filibuster to steamroll his way through a conversation. If you try to stop him, he'll say don't interrupt and move on with his spiel. With that sort of behavior, he avoids conversations. He's too busy lecturing. But he's his own worst enemy.

David Biedny said:
Oh for chrissakes...

IT'S BEEN WHAT, MORE THAN A YEAR SINCE I'VE DONE A STANTON "IMPERSONATION".

We have a nice chat, and then I inform him there's a Jinn living in his beard. He freaks out, and Greer squirts mustard on an aardvark.

dB

BAAhahahahahah...but seriously if David or Jeremy had been confrontational it would have been two hours of 4 people shouting over each other.

Greer is an odd guest, Its almost like they were interviewing a tape recording. You can't digest or ponder the things he says because he won't SHUT THE FUCK UP and breath. His words just turn into this irritating drone that just won't fucking stop droning. If fact he's droning on as I type this..shut up, SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!! for the love of god SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!! Gene stop asking him questions!! You bastard. :D

Greer - We are murderous monkeys, spew all the new age babble you want, but People suck dude. There will never be world peace. It goes against human nature. Until Humans actually evolve into something else it ain't gonna happen.

Oh and the people defending Greer, Fuck You. Any of these Clowns like Greer, Meir, Goldberg, Morton, Hoagland need to be exposed and humiliated for the rest of their lives.

Heinrich Moltke said:
This show was bullshit.

To put it another way, it was a disservice to any new listeners or interested laypeople.

I'm a new listener, having listened to the show for the first time (the Tonnies interview) only yesterday. Without anything invested in the hosts, to an outsider it can only seem juvenile or weak to reserve the real criticism of Greer for the end when he can't answer in a kind of bitch session. Why not confront him directly?

What exactly makes you think this show is compelled to serve new listeners or interested laypeople? You just got here--literally hours ago, yet you embark upon this broad attack against the show. I would suggest that you have a superficial understanding of the Greer issue. From THAT standpoint I understand your reaction. I suspect most of us, when we first encountered Greer, thought there might be something there. It was only subsequently that we discovered the charlatan that he is. Perhaps the feeling of betrayal makes people a bit more reactionary about Greer, but the fact is most of us are well aware of the travails of dealing with Greer.

Our hosts DID confront Greer directly. It's just that Greer either doesn't pay attention, ignores the question, or deflects it to his liking. In fact, I was amazed our hosts got as many words in edgewise as they did. I would suggest to you that this level of interaction is rare when talking 'with' Greer. Usually he simply dominates, using every trick in the book to belittle or discredit people who even slightly disagree with him. To see other examples of this, read the "Come on Down" article linked to his name.

This show is not a tutorial for new people. It's not a beginner's guide. As in any field of endeavor, new people will need to educate themselves on the issues at hand rather than demand everyone else start from the beginning. If you can't answer the question, "Who is Mothra?" then you will be unable to gain full value from the comments posted by the majority here.

In terms of our hosts, you must understand that they are murderous monkeys hurling invective and emotion while accusing monkeys of being murderous, thus providing a kind-of built-in proof of their conclusions. They've got lots of opinions, some of them far beyond their own fields of expertise, but you must concede that week after week they manage to bring compelling programs to the air, with rarely a dud in the mix. If you don't like their style, might I suggest something like C2C, where the hardest question ever asked is, "Gee. That's amazing! What did you do then?"

I obviously do not sit at the feet of our hosts waiting breathlessly for their next insightful expletive, but they do a consistently good job--for free; and I always look forward to their next effort. Thanks, guys.

fitzbew88 said:
Fastwalker said:
Since I am not Greer's personal butt boy (I suspect that position is well filled)...

Great, my mind's eye just threw up. :(

Actually, I swiped the line. I don't know who used it, but it was used in reference to Roy Cohn (?) who was gay during the dark 50's but still was willing to help Senator Joe McCarthy ramsack the country in search of commies, ruining lives in the process. If ever there was a butt boy, it would be anyone who helped that monster.

Jesus Jeremy, calm down you're gonna pull something. Deep breaths now. Okay, now remember: It doesn't matter what Greer's SELLING if no one's BUYING it. Okay? He can promise free energy and free ice cream and rain-free sundays from now until the end of time if he likes but my wallet will remain safely tucked away until he actually delivers.

Besides, anyone who IS dumb enough to send Greer money deserves to lose it. I have no sympathy for fools (from whom their monies shall soon parted).

I would say that if David's friend really could throw down 3 mil like it was a cup of coffee, that it should be done to expose Greer once and for all but I won't because I know in my heart-of-hearts it would be a waste of time and that despite imminent failure, Greer would still find a way to spin it because that's his forte.

It's remarkable that a venue that hopes to make some kind of intelligent advances, even modest ones, into such a complicated subject-matter can't even figure out whether an interview was appropriately handled or not.

Here are some nonsensical points made on this thread that might stand being addressed:

1) That the interview was not for laypeople, i.e. interested neutral parties; that instead of listening, those people (such as myself) should go do some "research" instead. Surprise, surprise -- listening to the show is an attempt to learn more, to do "research". If you're saying the show isn't meant to be informative, well, then it's worth nothing.

2) That the hosts "confronted" Greer during the interview. This is pure baloney. Greer was asked somewhat primitive questions in a tone that expressed contempt. Is this confronting a guest? The hosts asked questions beneath their own intelligence level in a tone that was contemptuous: is this good interviewing when there are serious charges against the guy out there in the public domain? Of course not. Not a single charge mentioned in the linked article, for example, was put before Greer. Only vague mention of issues with his credibility surfaced after he'd already left during the bitch session afterward.

3) That there was no other way to handle the interview since Greer would hang up if confronted. NEWS FLASH: This might be the kind of guest you don't want to have on in the first place.

I fail to see how having on a guest who is a charlatan is a useful expenditure of time. Now if any doubt exists that he's a charlatan, well, then bring it up during the interview and let him defend himself. This isn't rocket science. Likewise, pointing out that an interview was handled in a lousy or juvenile way isn't "defending" Greer.

Imagine this parallel: you're a journalist granted exclusive access to Bush on the run-up to the Iraq war. Rather than ask serious questions that try to puncture the rationale for going to war, you ask questions like: "And you think all those missiles are *really* going to defeat the enemy?" "How is it even possible to have a city in a complete desert?" Then after Bush leaves you resort to a nudge-nudge wink-wink sessions for initiates, pointing out "That guy is an asshole!"

Here are some suggestions as to how the anxiety of neutral observers -- and even some devoted fans of the show -- could have been eased: 1) Run a short intro before the interview began explaining the hosts'/show's conclusions about Greer, framing the treatment of him in some basis in fact; 2) In the after-session of the show actually spell out the specific charges against him, e.g. anecdotes about his dottiness, his personality transformations, his financial double-dealings. In either case, the treatment of Greer would have been grounded in something firm.

This interview suggests to me a bit of resting on one's laurels. As if satisfied with being neither stupid debunkers or stupid doe-eyed believers, the hosts slipped carelessly into an unprofessional handling of an interview, failing to find a way to put before the audience the real problems with Greer, and settling instead for superficial objections in a vaguely hostile tone. While Greer strikes me as a closet-homosexual-not-that-there's-anything-wrong-with-that prone to fits of histrionics and with possible ethical problems, keep it simple: stay professional, do above-board interviews.

I purchased Dr. Greers book back in 2002, found it very interesting and found the radar reports quite interesting however there was so much rubbish in with it man made saucers etc. I am very new to the podcast however have been listening to many shows and very much enjoy it, I find myself quite similar to the hosts, skeptical however an experiencer myself I cannot write off the phenomenon totally as I would like to.

While you guys like to challenge the guests more so than the back slapping sessions on C2C and dare i say it Jeff Rense who is still interviewing Burisich who according to George Knapp is nothing short of a loon con man. I know that you cannot confront the guests full on for example why not tell Romaneck about Peckmans metatron on the air and quiz him on it instead of in your little bitch session after the show which dont get me wrong I really dig, and furthermore the guests are kind of dumb if they don't check out your site before going on the show, if they did they would know what they were in for.

I look forward to your upcomig shows and am still getting into your past shows thankyou very much guys, I am totally in agreement this is not entertainment! I am somewhat well read on the whole ancient astronaught theories, Sitchin, Hancock, Steiger, Cremo as well as tempering it with the mainstream history books which enfuriates me to no end with their arrogant assumption(that I once shared) that they have it all figured out and are jsut waiting for the corroborating evidence to come in.

Hi there,

Okay, I don't wanna waste any energy on commenting about Greer. I will say this, listening to the podcast made my skin crawl. I'll leave it at that.

- - But - -

This whole exo-polotic thing leaves me so worried. It just feels like a dead end road. Here's why I feel so concerned, mostly because the people involve seem SO righteous.

Whatever is going on, it sure is weird. I mean, it's downright ALIEN. And I use that word on purpose, it's simply beyond our ability to comprehend.

Okay, I'll try and explain things the way I see it. You know how in those quaint old Peter Rabbit children's books the rabbits are all drawn wearing little plaid vests and drinking tea. It's sorta cute, right? But rabbits don't wear little vests and drink tea! The exo-political crowd paints a quaint picture where aliens will soon be sitting down with us at a conference table and palling around with us like business partners.

To me, this is just a simplistic as the tea-drinking rabbit. We can't anthropomorphize this UFO thing into the aliens we WANT them to be. Whatever they are, they don't seem interested in compromising or doing anything our way. We are NOT equal partners in any of this, and I just get freaked over the wishful thinking that seems to permeate this sub-world within the sub-world of UFO stuff.

Open contact? Define what that means? It seems to be happening already to plenty of people, and a lot of them don't like it. Even the most genuine "contactee" tells a story that is mystifying, contradictory and just plain weird.

If we think we can negotiate with whatever "they" are, we are setting ourselves up to be hugely disappointing.

Now, that said, I am all for some openness in our government on the subject. And maybe that's happening - right now. I mean, why haven't those black helicopters dropped assassins to nix all the brave folks who spoke up at that Leslie Kean Press Conference thing last November?

peace from idaho,
M!

I listened to this podcast twice. I usually do that so i can make sure i heard EVERYTHING.
Ive listened to C2C for 12 years now and Ive heard Greer before.
I used to buy into everything he said.
I love the paracast because you ask the questions whereas other shows will not.
Im glad you were upfront with the questions that ive been wanting answered for a loooong time.
I cant take the " yes, we have someone in Europe looking at this" or
"yes, i have documents from the Secretary of Defense Intelligence Agency" or whatever anymore.
I felt like yelling like David did at the end of the show.
Ya'll do a great job guys. Ask the questions. Filter out the junk!
Peace.

agsouthtexas: "Ya'll do a great job guys. Ask the questions. Filter out the junk!"

That's what caught my ear when I first heard of the Paracast and I wish I could recall where or whom connected me. I've spread the word to my friends and most respond as you especially after you listen to several really great episodes. It's like a good television series, David & Gene may say great, ;) but what I'm saying is it that grows on you and gets better as it goes on. In the beginning Gene and David had to get comfortable doing this knowing it was going to be different from the others and "filter out the junk" as you said. :) This last episode proves that they're NOT doing it for monetary gain nor fame. That's very obvious.
I know some people complain about them asking for donations and hey, chill out! This isn't a free program for them to produce and also offer it for FREE to us fans and anyone else that cares to take a listen. NPR isn't a good comparison but I'm sure you've heard of their fund drives and at least Gene and David don't push that in the show itself, thankfully! Or are you? LOL ;)
Give if you can and give what you're able, simple. :D

BTW, thanx again for the Birthday wishes! :D

"Besides, anyone who IS dumb enough to send Greer money deserves to lose it. I have no sympathy for fools (from whom their monies shall soon parted)."

Exactly.

This is the thing: Greer is a fake. Intelligent people can easily see that. The show was entertaining, albeit somewhat frustrating. I prefer good guests. Bring on Stanton. Ask him about that nuclear thing.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Scott Story said:
I just listened to the show, but I haven't read all the posts that come before on this thread. I'm not a Greer fan, nor do I find him credidible.

But, and I will probably be banned from the forum, I was not impressed with this show for various reasons. First up, Greer came off as much professional sounding. David, and to a lesser extent Jeremy, came in looking for a fight.

If I had never heard of any of you, I would have come away from this interview feeling sympathetic for Greer. I know these are weighty, important matters for all involved, but it was poorly handled. I'm not going to pick apart David's approach, because I'm probably going to be attacked for stating my opinion by fellow board members.

I guess it's time for the Paracast to define it's role--Angry, righteous defenders of the search for truth; Or collegiate interviewers. It seems to me there is a middle ground you could aim for without becoming C2C.

This is worse than Boyd Bushman's episode. I don't care about Bushman or his claims, but all the "senior" scientist jibes that were made while barely repressing accusations did not convince me then or your even-handedness then, and this episode did not either.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've listened to every single show of The Paracast and trust these guys opinions 150% about the good and bad guys in the UFO field. I've heard them talk about what a fake this guy is in the past, so I was surprised when I listened to the show the other night and Greer was the guest. I wondered why he would agree to come on the show and why Gene and David would have him. I felt like I was in the twilight zone during the first hour. I thought they would have ripped this guy an new a-hole, but they didn't. It was a nice conversation about something very interesting. Greer had totally changed my opinion of him from what David and Gene had said about him. It also sounded like their opinion had changed about him as well. Then the second hour came and all heck broke loose.

I realized what they had done. They set this guy up to come on the show so they could reel him in and then jump all over him. I didn't think it was very professional at all. I'm all for yelling and screaming and exposing this guy for what he is, but at least let him know you are going to do it in advance. It didn't sound like that was what happened. He sounded surprised they were doing this. They sounded like they were ganging up on him, which they didn't need to do. Gene and David have he upper hand and could have made him look like the idiot he is by exposing him with common sense and intelligence. He came off as he good guy and The Paracast as the bully. If you can get this guy to come on the show again, let him know that you are going to try to expose his lies and discredit him the whole show and that he can defend himself and explain why he is telling the truth. If he makes it through the whole show, fine. If he hangs up, even better. It would give you something to talk about for the remainder of the show. Thanks for the show, I love it.

Eh. Think of it like a practical joke. You wouldn't tell the "victim" that they were the butt of a joke until after the fact.
It's like that, except replace "victim" with "professional thief" and...you get the idea.

i think some folks on here are mighty disappointed that for the all tough talk about calling out these frauds, you don't really do it when they're on the line with you.
I can understand not doing it right off the bat -- that would make for a 10-minute show -- but in the final 10 minutes of a two-hour show, why not tell him how you really feel?

Instead, you did it for 15 minutes after you stopped talking to him.

Why have him plug stuff at the end of the interview? Have him do that earlier if need be, but at the end why not not simply say "Steve-O, all three of us know you're full of crap."

That would have been the Paracast version of a three-run bottom of the ninth game-winning home run.

I actually enjoyed the interview. I do believe it got a little too heavy into a pissing contest between Greer and David but hey, i know David's got a history with the guy. The only part I had a problem with was David feigning furor at being questioned about his friend. Lets be honest, I have no doubt David knows a guy like this who may very well have asked him about Greer. For pete's sake he teaches at Yale part time, I think he has some fairly good high tech connections. However, to suggest that David didn't instantly turn into a five headed monster and start howling at the notion of his friend giving Greer 3M dollars? I've listened to this show for over a year now, I know David was inviting him to roast him, not to necessarily find out about Greer's latest dillusional front for his buddy on West Coast who should already know David's feelings towards Greer.

It just insults me just a tad that David is still trying to suggest his reasons for inviting him were legit, I did finally see him post that they invited him for fun which is the honest answer I think.

I take this show as it is, it's the reason I like it. David can be a condescending ass and he sometimes seems to think he's got everything a little more figured out than pretty much everyone. Sometimes it makes me cringe when I hear him piping up in the middle of a guest talking to mention his personal propaganda. But, overall, the paracast is the best show on the paranormal out there and it wouldn't be the same without David being all of the above. So I guess those of us who like it will continue to enjoy the show and others can go and listen to Noory pound away at some of the rediculous ideas he allows his guests to expound upon.

I do have to admit if I were new to the podcast it would seem as though Greer won this round. He was more even tempered, he actually stopped talking a couple of times and answered pretty much every question. I think emotions got the best of our hosts on this one(not that I can blame them). He's a great con man, kind of hard to get the best of him. Better luck next time guys!

Dr Greer, Give ME ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE FOR YOUR 'CE-5's'!!!!

& never, EVER refere to Rupert Sheldrake again to back your views, you make him look like a moron.

Goody.

Back