• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. Richard Sauter talks about recent arrest

My apologies for misspelling Dr. Sauder's name in the title to this thread. I am unable to fix it.

I find the setting the interview is conducted in to be hilarious (in a good way). :)

I'm sorry if I am the only one here, but does Dr. Sauder seem like a highly functional autistic person to anyone else ? I know one autistic person from my circle of friends and this is in now way trying to discredit or make fun of Dr. Sauder, but it just hit me like a brick of who he reminded me of.

I find the setting the interview is conducted in to be hilarious (in a good way). :)

I'm sorry if I am the only one here, but does Dr. Sauder seem like a highly functional autistic person to anyone else ? I know one autistic person from my circle of friends and this is in now way trying to discredit or make fun of Dr. Sauder, but it just hit me like a brick of who he reminded me of.

Sauder comes across as a naive and well-intentioned fool. Of course, he should have expected to be arrested having trespassed on a nuclear-weapons site, even though his actions were only a publicity stunt. Fat lot of good this kind of egotistic and narcissistic posturing is ever going to do.

Rich Dolan speaks highly of Sauder, and Keyhole Publishing got Sauder's book on subterranean bases out into the world.

I do see what you mean about the autism indicators. You're right to point it out.

Sixty years of protest, and just this week news surfaces of the U.S. tinkering with new nuclear gadgets underground. Keep leapin' those fences, kiddos, the behemoth is nearly broken!

I know Richard Sauder and have for years. While I like him on a personal level, he is a MORON. He is damned lucky they didn't shoot his ass off when he hopped those fences ... in these days of possible terrorist threats.

What I want him to explain to me is ... even if we were to get rid of every damned Nuke we have ... who in hell expects the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, Indians, Pakistan and soon Iran ... to get rid of Freaken' theirs? Naive? No, a freaken' Moron. Just real world facts folks ... the real Fricking World.

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I know Richard Sauder and have for years. While I like him on a personal level, he is a MORON. He is damned lucky they didn't shoot his ass off when he hopped those fences ... in these days of possible terrorist threats.

What I want him to explain to me is ... even if we were to get rid of every damned Nuke we have ... who in hell expects the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, Indians, Pakistan and soon Iran ... to get rid of Freaken' theirs? Naive? No, a freaken' Moron. Just real world facts folks ... the real Fricking World.

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I think we are still far far away from any demilitarization concerning nukes and for once, I think that that's a good thing, especially in todays environment. It's all about showing teeth and not biting really. I doubt that will change anytime soon.

What I want him to explain to me is ... even if we were to get rid of every damned Nuke we have ... who in hell expects the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, Indians, Pakistan and soon Iran ... to get rid of Freaken' theirs? Naive? No, a freaking' Moron. Just real world facts folks ... the real Fricking World.

Decker
<INPUT id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><INPUT id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden">

Hi Don, I agree can't see China, Russia etc saying to its population removing there nuclear safety net and Mr Sauder's has freedom of speech;) and 'freedom to protest ';) in a 'sensible way':exclamation: why on earth would you try trespassing a freaking USA Nuclear bases bloody dangerous indeed and makes his case look lame in main stream media eyes. Instead maybe peaceful demonstrations';) mind you is that against the laws under your patriot act to wards your Constitution?

Cheers,
BF

. Instead maybe peaceful demonstrations';) mind you is that against the laws under your patriot act to wards your Constitution?

Cheers,
BF

Of course peaceful and sometimes not so peaceful demonstrations are legal under the patriot act. And, if they weren't I am positive someone would go to court (probably the Federal system) and any misunderstandings would get sorted out very quickly. But ... for Sauder to hop a fence on a military base that houses nuclear devices ... what in hell did he expect? Like I stated earlier ... he is damned lucky some Air Force Security policeman didn't drill him on sight. They could have shot him AND a real threat is expected to be neutralized "On The Spot".

Hey, Angels sometimes protect drunks and idiots .. and in this case Sauder was that idiot.

Decker

But ... for Sauder to hop a fence on a military base that houses nuclear devices ... what in hell did he expect?

I think he fully expected to be arrested and probably would have appreciated more press than he actually received. Certainly he was lucky not to have been shot. Makes you wonder what the rules of engagement are at such sites.

Back