• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker Back on The Paracast

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Gene and Chris invited me back on The Paracast and Gene suggested I open it up for questions. So, here is where you get to query me.

Decker

Well this isn't actually a question but any chance the lovely ms. vicki can appear as well?

Don,

Where should the media draw the line between caveat emptor ( the concept, not Gene's Publication ), and responsible journalism? For example I ran across one comment about you not caring where your advertising revenue came from because you had included a bunch of Billy Meier advertising in UFO Magazine.

• Should the media be able to leave it up to consumers to discern the legitimacy of advertising for themselves?
  • Should there be a different standard for articles as opposed to advertising?
  • Does journalistic responsibility end when we decide it's all just for entertainment?

If it's not too sensitive an issue could you talk about your decision to get out of the field and what brought you back?

1. Going back to your cop days, if you were directed to a home in which someone proceeded to relate an alien-abduction type event (concious memory, not thru hypnosis), would you have proceeded with any investigation at all and if so, how would you have proceeded?

2. Again, cop days. Did you ever hear of anything yourself or through the cop grapevine that was worthy of the X-Files?

3. Who would you still like to interview in the UFO field ?- someone still available (alive).

4. I only just read that Larry King had a sighting. You having been on his show before, do you know any details of Larry's sighting? I've never heard him bring it up when he covers the topic on-air. (I don't actually know if the report of him having a sighting is fact, if not then disregard question)

5. The Moon. Do you know of any pictures taken relatively recently say, by Japan, of the Lunar surface showing any decent anomalies?

6. What is your favourite Lunar anomaly? (or the one that seems most artificial to you). I have seen your pipe-sticking-out of the crater pic, which is great.

7. Do you think the huge number of UFO videos being taken and available now are leading to some critical mass that makes it undeniable there are objects/phenomena in the sky that are neither hoaxed or explainable conventionally? I believe that even after weeding out obvious computer graphic hoaxes etc, there are still a staggering amount of good videos/pictures out there and the number is increasing hugely.

8. Related to question (7) - the availability of affordable, reasonable quality digital cameras on phones etc in countries where previously there were few, means there are now potentially hundreds of millions of new witnesses with evidence of UFO activity. An example is the former Soviet Union - do you think UFO activity on the whole is increasing, or we are just more able to capture the evidence?

Goggs

Don-

I remember you mentioning that you thought it was Bill Moore who had told you about a piece of information that he had gotten from one of his government contacts regarding a couple that lived in rural California and who were under constant government surveillance, because they were actually extra-terrestrials. Have you since confirmed that it was in fact Bill Moore who shared this information with you or someone else? And, do you think there was anything to this peculiar story?

Also, your history with another Bill; Mr. Cooper that is, is the stuff of legend. Do you see anyone in the current scene who has either taken Cooper's place, or is potentially the next nutter in line for his mantle?

Goggs asked the most of the questions I had, that bilge rat.

Anyway Don, why do you think the US government keeps holding out on all the lunar photos they've taken over the years? I've listened to the DMR episodes about just how difficult it is to get to see them, and how they are indexed under two different systems seemingly to make it even more difficult.
But how has the Government justified keeping such a tight lid on those photos?

Don, how has your opinion changed over the years in regards to a hypothesis with the ufo phenomenon? Like most of us did you start off as a nuts n bolts guy and where do you end up now. Again in this regard what advice would you give to a new investigator.

Why do you think people that claim to have extraordinary evidence have the tendency to never show it? For example, people like Ted Phillips and Ray Stanford claim to have all these amazing images, but they rarely show it. Or when it finally does come to light, like Phillips' Marley Woods creature, it turns out to be pretty thin. Do you think people get too close to it and become unable to properly judge what they have?

Don,
Back in the 90s you wrote on "The Human Mutilation Factor(The Human Mutilation Factor)." You called on the UFO community to push for action regarding human mutes.
If you guys have time, here are a few questions:

1. Have your opinions on the topic changed since then? Has evidence for human mutilation diminished in the past 20 years?

2.Do you see the work of David Paulides as intersecting with this subject?

3. Do you view the UFO enigma as a phenomenon generally hostile (or at least harmful) to humans?

4. Are you aware of any disappearances or fatalities of pilots following UFO contact in the past two decades?

Thanks!

I apparently missed this round. At some point I would like to know after years of study into UFOs what your conclusions are on the matter? I know at one point you were very upset over the way the so called UFO scene panned out, enough to drop out. Have things gotten any better since then in your opinion?

Dang.

I wanted to ask Don to break down in detail what a fraud and crazy person Bill Cooper was. He has done great work on him and there are a lot of people who are into conspiracies that get introduced to him and it would be cool to have a nicely broken down piece of audio to present to people who think he was some great guy and conspiracy hero.

Goggs asked the most of the questions I had, that bilge rat.

Anyway Don, why do you think the US government keeps holding out on all the lunar photos they've taken over the years? I've listened to the DMR episodes about just how difficult it is to get to see them, and how they are indexed under two different systems seemingly to make it even more difficult.
But how has the Government justified keeping such a tight lid on those photos?

Bilge rat? Moi? lol.

I'd read that there were more that 2 indexing systems, if you can believe that!

Don,
Back in the 90s you wrote on "The Human Mutilation Factor(The Human Mutilation Factor)." You called on the UFO community to push for action regarding human mutes.
If you guys have time, here are a few questions:

1. Have your opinions on the topic changed since then? Has evidence for human mutilation diminished in the past 20 years?

2.Do you see the work of David Paulides as intersecting with this subject?

3. Do you view the UFO enigma as a phenomenon generally hostile (or at least harmful) to humans?

4. Are you aware of any disappearances or fatalities of pilots following UFO contact in the past two decades?

Thanks!

You always ask good questions Konrad - the show/forum is better having you involved.

Back